Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 27/12/2011 10:18:05 PM   
Cool Breeze

I think shes very cute.She wouldnt have been my first choice as Catwoman but if Chris nolan has proved anything with his Bat pictures,its that his out of the box casting choices pay off big time.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Rich Empire)
Post #: 31
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 8/1/2012 4:24:56 PM   
buffster28

yeah she wasn't an actress i would of though of for catwoman. but she may surprise us. loves her for ages back to the pricess diaries & ella enchanted.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

Post #: 32
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 8/1/2012 4:59:54 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Never thought much either way about her but after watching Love and Other Drugs I have to say she gives a superb performance. Fans of her should definitely check that film out 

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 33
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 9/2/2012 10:29:44 AM   
itsmandylee101

Anne is totally gorgeous! She's one of the actresses her age who has class, good humor, and elegance. Plus, her fashion sense is classic! I wish she'd date James Franco, these two perfect people.

Anyway, has anyone seen (or heard rather) her rap? Then you'll love her even more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV-0QZ65jBs

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 34
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 1/3/2012 2:15:30 PM   
Rich Empire

If you like that, your gonna love this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj-YXzdUP9A

The Dude abides...

(in reply to itsmandylee101)
Post #: 35
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 22/7/2012 1:48:16 PM   
Rich Empire

Fresh from my screening of The Dark Knight Rises...
Cracking performances all round from a great cast. One of her very best in my opinion.
It's so great to see the character of Catwoman / Selina Kyle being done in an equally brilliant way to Tim Burton's conception.
Nolan's ideas and direction was first rate I thought.
I always wanted to know what was happening on that rooftop in the trailer!

The Dude abides...
Post #: 36
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 22/7/2012 9:57:10 PM   
Cool Breeze

Never been a huge fan ( Very few of her films interest me ) but iv always liked her.Shes absolutely gorgeous and thought she was fantastic in TDKR.She was even better than Michelle Pfieffer as Selina and thats saying something!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 37
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 30/7/2012 1:57:29 PM   
Ref

Brilliant portrayal of Selina Kyle and the chemistry between her and Bale was fantastic.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 38
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 31/7/2012 1:46:19 AM   
doubtlesswonder

My favourite actress by far. I just KNEW she was going to do an awesome job as Catwoman and I was still blown away when I saw it. Amazing performance. I've seen it twice now and the second time I picked up on lots of subtle mannerisms that I didn't notice the first time. Damn, she's sexy as hell.

Really looking forward to seeing Les Miserables too. Never seen the play, but I've always loved hearing Anne sing.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 39
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 24/8/2012 11:42:30 PM   
Easy R

She has a pretty underrated filmography and has grown a lot as an artist. I think her best performance was in The Dark Knight Rise's. I was shocked how well she played a femme fatale.

Post #: 40
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 28/8/2012 12:55:19 AM   
ElephantBoy

Yeah really impressed with her as Cat Woman/Selina. She showed great chresma and poise overall my favourite performance of the film. She bought a different take to the role more modern and restrained. Maybe her best career performance to date althrough Rachel Getting Married wouldn't be far off.

(in reply to Easy R)
Post #: 41
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 7/1/2013 2:56:08 AM   
england_cmr

Amazing how much this girl has changed peoples opinions of her. after the 'One Day' accent debacle, and the Oscars fiasco, to a scene stealing role in Batman, and a pretty much assured Oscar in the near future. I've always been ambivalent towards, never really took her seriously, but I cannot get over her as Fantine. She was just stunning. I'm sure she will never be able to top this performance, but she's definitley become one of my 'faves'!

1) Inception
2) Wall - E
3) Beetlejuice
4) Big Fish
5) Terminator 2: Judgement Day
6) Spirited Away
666) Battleship

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 42
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 7/1/2013 2:12:03 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: england_cmr

Amazing how much this girl has changed peoples opinions of her. after the 'One Day' accent debacle, and the Oscars fiasco, to a scene stealing role in Batman, and a pretty much assured Oscar in the near future. I've always been ambivalent towards, never really took her seriously, but I cannot get over her as Fantine. She was just stunning. I'm sure she will never be able to top this performance, but she's definitley become one of my 'faves'!

The accent debate from One Day was a bit of non-starter for me, even if it was bad, it doesn't matter because she was perfect for that role and made the film much more watchable than it other wise would have been. People place too much importance on such things.

(in reply to england_cmr)
Post #: 43
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 11/2/2013 4:07:23 PM   
buffster28

finally caught Les Miserables over the weekend - loved Annes performance in this - she was fantastic. happy for all the awards shes been nommed for - and won !!

have to agree also loved her in TDKR - wasn't too sure when i first heard she was to be catwoman but she was perfect in the role .

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

Post #: 44
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 11/2/2013 7:52:42 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: buffster28

finally caught Les Miserables over the weekend - loved Annes performance in this - she was fantastic. happy for all the awards shes been nommed for - and won !!

have to agree also loved her in TDKR - wasn't too sure when i first heard she was to be catwoman but she was perfect in the role .

quote:

(

Am a fan, but have to say she was the weak part of LM for me. The Baftas and Oscars missed the boat, she should have been nominated for her role in TDKR instead.

(in reply to buffster28)
Post #: 45
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 11/2/2013 9:31:00 PM   
Rich Empire

Interesting you thought she was the weak link.
Les Mis, is a film with faults but she was one of the parts that truly bolstered it for me.
I thought she was one of the outstanding parts, her singing was incredible and her performance as Fantine had presence and tangibility. Overall I thought very worthy of all the fanfare & praise she received.
You could tell she really put herself into the part.
She was absolutely right to get the BAFTA in my opinion last night.
I completely agree that her performance as Selina Kyle was also brilliant. A great casting choice from the word go.
She's a strong actress and has been for a while.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

quote:

(

Am a fan, but have to say she was the weak part of LM for me. The Baftas and Oscars missed the boat, she should have been nominated for her role in TDKR instead.

The Dude abides...

Post #: 46
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 12/2/2013 11:20:55 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rich Empire

Interesting you thought she was the weak link.
Les Mis, is a film with faults but she was one of the parts that truly bolstered it for me.
I thought she was one of the outstanding parts, her singing was incredible and her performance as Fantine had presence and tangibility. Overall I thought very worthy of all the fanfare & praise she received.
You could tell she really put herself into the part.
She was absolutely right to get the BAFTA in my opinion last night.
I completely agree that her performance as Selina Kyle was also brilliant. A great casting choice from the word go.
She's a strong actress and has been for a while.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

quote:

(

Have no issue with her singing. I think she was a little bit too malodramatic at times, mostly when singing "I dreamed a dream" Also think they made too much of an effort with the hair and make up to make her look unattractive, it just felt a bit forced.

Honestly have no issue with her, she has impressed me in the likes of Rachel At the Wedding, One Day and TDKR.

Post #: 47
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 13/2/2013 2:32:03 AM   
england_cmr

I'm suprised people see her as the weak link in LM. For me, she provided about 70% of my enjoyment for that film.

1) Inception
2) Wall - E
3) Beetlejuice
4) Big Fish
5) Terminator 2: Judgement Day
6) Spirited Away
666) Battleship

Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI