Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 28/11/2005 7:38:24 PM   
Starscream

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004266/
i got a thing for this woman since seeing her in Elle Enchanted  soon to be seen in brokeback mountain

hurry up movietyme with my havoc dvd

< Message edited by Starscream -- 28/11/2005 7:53:50 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 2/2/2006 2:04:35 PM   
JIm R

She rocks - amazing eyes
Post #: 2
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 2/2/2006 4:40:24 PM   
shifty_powers

She's a dam fine lookin lady, although i haven't seen anything she's been in.

But i will admit to seeing certain pictures taken from Havoc and Brokeback Mountain.

Interesting, veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting indeed! 

I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.

The Dude: Walter, I love you, but sooner or later, you're going to have to realize the fact that you're a god damn moron.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 3
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 16/7/2006 12:26:04 AM   
Starscream

Time to bump this thread after watching brokeback

She is the star of the film

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to shifty_powers)
Post #: 4
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 16/7/2006 12:29:35 AM   
James2183

Damn right skippy 

Not only can the lass act, but she is very attractive. Doesn't have the usual Hollywood beauty, but her inperfections (big mouth etc) make her more attractive than most actresses.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 5
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 16/7/2006 12:30:19 AM   
jeanne

quote:

ORIGINAL: Starscream

You know I agree if we are talking about female performances. She was graet and did it with so small gestures as well. I think se has a real potential to do what ever she likes.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 6
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 16/7/2006 12:35:30 AM   
Starscream

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeanne

quote:

ORIGINAL: Starscream

You know I agree if we are talking about female performances. She was graet and did it with so small gestures as well. I think se has a real potential to do what ever she likes.

im talking about everyone in the film  She rocked them all

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to jeanne)
Post #: 7
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 16/7/2006 12:39:32 AM   
jeanne

As for that I'm not so sure. It had great performances by Jake and heath as well.
The phone conversation is one of my favorit parts of the film. she just brakes my heart in that scene.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 8
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 16/7/2006 8:46:48 PM   
princessa

I like her too.  Good actress and quite pretty.  She's a refreshing change from all the usual barbie doll starlets that Hollyweird seems to produce every year.

(in reply to jeanne)
Post #: 9
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 19/7/2006 4:46:09 PM   
Roxanne

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeanne

As for that I'm not so sure. It had great performances by Jake and heath as well.
The phone conversation is one of my favorit parts of the film. she just brakes my heart in that scene.

Ditto. Her performance in Brokeback Mountain is so impressive - very discreet, but just enough. I didn't really take her seriously before but now I'll definitely be looking out for her in the future.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to die.

(in reply to jeanne)
Post #: 10
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 20/1/2009 7:32:46 PM   
Mason Verger

A Talk With Anne Hathaway from Independent.co.uk

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 11
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 21/1/2009 1:02:33 AM   
ElephantBoy

Like Lohan she has proved perfectly watchable in teenage roles and we're waiting to see if she can offer more in adult parts.  Out of the two it does seem Hathaway has a bit more about her.  Not a fan of much of her work so far, was one of the poorer elments in Brokeback Mountain although it was a bit of a underwritten role to be fair.  I hear rave reviews about her in RGM. Time will tell.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 12
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 25/2/2009 9:31:58 AM   
doubtlesswonder

I don't think comparing her to Lindsay Lohan can go much further than the factor of them both being stars when they were quite young. Anne obviously has more about her, and has managed to bypass the whole "rebellious teen star" phase that Lindsay sunk so deep into. That said, I thought Lindsay would have had a good film career if she hadn't gone off the rails, I loved her in Mean Girls.

I absolutely adore Anne, though. I swear to god, I am in love with that woman. She's just so refreshing in a sea of airhead, perfect barbie doll actresses. She's absolutely beautiful; even though people would expect her "imperfections" to be a turn-off, so to speak, I think they make her even more beautiful. She has a beautiful smile (and lips to rival Angelina Jolie's) and the loveliest eyes. She lost a lot of weight for Rachel Getting Married, and the stick-thin look didn't suit her too well, but it's good to see that she's getting her curves back. She looked simply stunning at the Oscars.

Performance wise, I think she's brilliant. The Princess Diaries and Ella Enchanted are three of my guilty pleasure films, they're great fun and I adore them, and I think she's great in them. She can really pull off the 'America's Sweetheart' look. But, she has also proved that she can pull off grittier roles too. Havoc was a bit of a flop, admittedly, but her performance was great, I thought. As others have mentioned, I think hers was the best female performance in Brokeback Mountain, the phone scene especially standing out. She's proved she can do comedy with Get Smart (which I know not many people love but I thought it was excellent). I haven't got around to watching Bride Wars yet- I'm not really a chick-flick kind of girl and I can't stand Kate Hudson, but I'm keeping an eye on Anne's career. I haven't got around to Rachel Getting Married yet, either, but I think the OScar nomination speaks for itself.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 13
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 26/2/2009 5:55:17 PM   
ElephantBoy

I didn't think much of her in Brokeback actully although i wonder if it was more down to a under written part than her.  Should be seeing Rachal Getting Married soon.

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 14
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 2/3/2009 5:33:49 AM   
Incanus

She's beautiful, talented, skilled, funny, dramatic, artistically versatile, she's got a brilliant future ahead of her.

WINTER IS COMING

T h e 2 4 t h F r a m e . c o . u k

Cuiva Olorin
Narendur.
Tira nottolya
Tulta tuolya.
An mauya mahtie
Ter oiomornie
Ter ondicilyar
Mettanna.
Nurunna!

Post #: 15
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 21/4/2009 11:30:30 AM   
Stabby

Her acting in The Princess Diaries and The Devil Wears Prada was pretty meh.

If I offend you, get over it. You are not paying for my home/food/school/internet, why on Earth would I care about your feelings? Why do you even care what I say? You're not going to change my opinions, go away.

(in reply to Incanus)
Post #: 16
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 6/7/2009 9:24:40 PM   
Rich Empire

Hi There,
I just watched John Demmes' "Rachel Getting Married" and was really blown away by Anne Hathaway's performance.
Definately one of the best up and coming young actresses on the scene, it's great that she is getting bigger and more interesting roles since Brokeback Mountain. I sense she has a bright future especially with her contribution to Tim Burton's "Alice" being thrown into the mix as well.
Her role as "Kym" was a great character to play in Demmes' film, in my opinion she certainly deserved her Oscar Nomination for it.
I can't wait for her Judy Garland biopic as she is the real deal when it comes to singing as well. Anyone who saw her at the Oscars or Saturday Night LIve can testify on that one!
Very talented and pretty diverse, in my opinion, with her selections of roles and genres of film.
Whoever cast her for that role in the "Garland" biopic is definately earning their corn in my opinion. Inspired!

: )

Hope all is well.

Peace.

< Message edited by Rich Empire -- 7/7/2009 9:46:34 PM >

The Dude abides...

(in reply to Stabby)
Post #: 17
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 7/7/2009 2:00:25 PM   
Rich Empire

Oddly enough, Anne Hathaway was also the name of William Shakespeare's wife.
Strange and kinda schpooky seeing as she is an actress.

Hope all is well.

Peace.

The Dude abides...

(in reply to Rich Empire)
Post #: 18
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 20/7/2009 11:40:51 PM   
Rich Empire

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/05/anne-hathaway-hosts-snl-m_n_131986.html

Has anyone seen Anne Hathaway getting involved with & hosting Saturday Night Live?
She did a great Mary Poppins sketch, really funny and she kicks some arse on the singing front once again. That voice! Wow.
Her impression of Julie Andrews is uncanny!

Not saying it would be a good thing... but if anyone was to remake Mary Poppins, she would be the best choice by a very, very long way.

Hope all is well.
Peace.

The Dude abides...

Post #: 19
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 23/10/2009 8:59:56 PM   
Meimi132

She was in Brokeback Mountain? Oh god.... oppinion just plumetted a little... *shudder* never watching that movie... dont wanna see Jake do those things.... not into man-on-man as alot of girls are....
I do really like her as an actress though. She's perky.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 20
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 23/10/2009 9:30:04 PM   
Snake-Eyes

I'm not particularly a fan of Ms. Hathaway but there's a girl at my workplace who looks a lot like her..... I just haven't got the (snake) balls to ask her out.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Meimi132)
Post #: 21
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 26/10/2009 4:19:21 PM   
ElephantBoy

She's excellent in Rachal Getting Married, her most mature performance to date i think.  That's Anne not the Girl at your work place Snake-Eyes

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 22
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 27/10/2009 6:35:15 PM   
Rich Empire

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

She's excellent in Rachal Getting Married, her most mature performance to date i think.  That's Anne not the Girl at your work place Snake-Eyes

Yeah, she was really great in that I thought as well.
Demme is in my opinion one of the great directors of today. Silence of The Lambs still looks as good today as it ever did.
Her performance in Becoming Jane is quite underrated as well I think.
Brokeback Mountain has a quality ensemble cast performance right down to Randy Quaid!
I can't wait to see what Tim Burton brings out of her in Alice in Wonderland next year.
Her up and coming role in the Judy Garland biopic really does sound too good to be true, given her great singing abilities.
Serious future Oscar fodder!

The Dude abides...

Post #: 23
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 2/11/2009 3:11:58 PM   
ElephantBoy

Yeah i'm looking forwward to Alice in Wonderland, will likely be one of the first film's i see in the new decade.

Thought she was one of the weaker parts in BBM i'm afraid.

Would say Becoming Jane was better than i expected her and Mcaroy had pretty decent celmstry.

Post #: 24
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 17/3/2010 6:35:31 PM   
Rich Empire

Hi there,
Having seen Alice In Wonderland (in 3D) now, I personally thought that Anne Hathaway was great as the White Queen.
One of the stand out performances from the whole cast in my opinion along with Crispin Glove as the Knave.
Johnny Depp, although had me worried in the trailer, was also reliably good.
It's just a shame for me the film itself unraveled at the end into a bit of a mess.
For a 3D green screen film some of the effects to me looked a bit lack luster and rushed.
Hope all is well.
Peace

The Dude abides...

Post #: 25
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 31/5/2010 3:50:07 PM   
Niamhy

She is one of my favourite actresses-I think she's brilliant! 
Loved her in Becoming Jane (but then I may be slightly biased! )

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 26
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 20/1/2011 2:13:53 PM   
Rich Empire

Excellent news for her getting the role in The Dark Knight Rises.
In my opinion she's the best suited actress for the films Nolan has cast so far.
I just hope they don't goof it up as previously done in the awful "Catwoman" film.
But with a director like Christopher Nolan at the helm the chances of damage like that being done don't even register.
It's not like Nolan is going to camp it up all of a sudden!

Add to that rumors she has a future project on the cards with David O Russell, presenting the 2011 Oscars and (if it ever happens) the Judy Garland Biopic, she's gonna be a busy lady.

The Dude abides...

(in reply to Niamhy)
Post #: 27
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 20/1/2011 10:08:23 PM   
ElephantBoy

Have to say I am a much bigger Hathaway fan than I used to be. She is yet to put in what I would call a bad performance, and is braching out to different roles. At the moment she is moving at just about the right pace.

Think she is a good fit for CatWoman, but she does have big shoes to fill because Phiffer did make that role her own. What AH brings is a stylished class, and slightly more of a modern feel to it. I think she should have the right vocal sound, it is just if she add the extra anger and enegry needed.

Post #: 28
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 21/1/2011 2:44:53 PM   
Rich Empire

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Have to say I am a much bigger Hathaway fan than I used to be. She is yet to put in what I would call a bad performance, and is braching out to different roles. At the moment she is moving at just about the right pace.

Think she is a good fit for CatWoman, but she does have big shoes to fill because Phiffer did make that role her own. What AH brings is a stylished class, and slightly more of a modern feel to it. I think she should have the right vocal sound, it is just if she add the extra anger and enegry needed.

Burton & Pfeiffer nailed the Catwoman look in my opinion.
And to be honest I still love Michael Keaton's portrayal of Bruce Wayne / Batman.
You can't really compare Burton's and Nolan's styles as they are so different one Gothic and personal the other muscular, boombastic, slick and blockbuster-esque. (In my opinion).
They belong to two entirely different eras of film making where revolutionary progressions and changes are made year to year.
I think it's for this reason that Anne Hathaway has a unique opportunity to wipe the slate clean and in my opinion create a role with Nolan that can bare no comparison to the Burton / Pfeiffer creation which was so outstanding.

My guess is that Nolan's Catwoman may be more slick, and like you say more modern. Such as the Catwoman I have read about in series such as "The Hush" (a great series if you get the chance to read it). More of a thief or cat burglar (excuse the pun) than a vigilante.

I agree as an actress she appears to have balanced her career very well.
Melting the characters Rachel from "Rachel Getting Married" & Agent 99 from "Get Smart" together and giving it the Nolan / Pfister dark steroid injection could be just the tonic to creating a great Catwoman.

Apparently she was tested tete a tete with Bale in the casting considerations. I can see those two working well together myself as she has got the ability to go dark in her characters. Something that Christopher Nolan will be magnifying in his own way.

< Message edited by Rich Empire -- 21/1/2011 2:46:29 PM >

The Dude abides...

Post #: 29
RE: The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread - 26/12/2011 9:44:50 PM   
Rich Empire

So far, looking so good.
Bring on the IMAX.

Remember mistletoe can be deadly if you eat it.

http://images.hollywood.com/site/anne-hathaway-dark-knight-rises.jpg
http://clothesonfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Batman_The-Dark-Knight-Rises-trailer-2_Anne-Hathaway-hat_cap.jpg

"Well, come what may. Merry Christmas Mr Wayne."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6MRdL89CzQ&feature=related

The Dude abides...

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> The Anne Hathaway Appreciation Thread Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI