Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  997 998 [999] 1000 1001   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/4/2014 11:22:19 PM   
Hood_Man

Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough. I had to email my manager to let her know I can't return to work on Wednesday as originally planned, as my physio has said I need to be off another week at least.

Being a temp, there's a chance I could simply be replaced...

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 29941
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/4/2014 11:23:19 PM   
Hood_Man

Also my wrist is aching a fair bit, and I've been feeling sick all day

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29942
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/4/2014 11:23:53 PM   
Hood_Man

And I'm bored out of my mind.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29943
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/4/2014 9:04:40 AM   
UTB

Last day at work until the 28th. Off to New York on Thursday. Booyah.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29944
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/4/2014 9:20:58 PM   
sanchia

http://campcomic.com/comic/dear-mom

What a great web comic.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29945
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/4/2014 8:07:31 AM   
jonson

Happy St George's Day!

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29946
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/4/2014 6:58:30 PM   
sanchia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiwtTwJkcrM

I do not think my life will be complete until I see Skatetown USA.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 29947
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/4/2014 7:22:06 AM   
UTB

How exactly is a staged segment on Top Gear news? It's about as realistic as WWE. Tomorrow we'll be hearing that Karl Pilkington is some sort of actor.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29948
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/5/2014 12:35:08 AM   
horribleives

Just reading the rather mint new issue of Empire and I couldn't help noticing how amazing Ken Loach's handwriting is. I couldn't read it but it looks bloody lovely.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 29949
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/5/2014 9:07:40 PM   
sanchia

That is the very first time I have ever heard the phrase "wanking like a gibbon".

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 29950
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2014 2:37:29 PM   
UTB

Holy Moly this hangover is not letting up...

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29951
RE: What are you thinking......... - 11/5/2014 11:03:22 AM   
sanchia

I actually quite enjoyed the Eurovision this year. There was a nice selection of different songs and my girlfriend and I had a bit of a laugh whilst taking the mickey out of them. The Polish entry was quite shocking and all I remember about it is boooooooooooobbbbbbbssss! I quite liked the Malta entry.

Also some is spamming a Goat simulator!

< Message edited by sanchia -- 11/5/2014 6:53:53 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29952
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/5/2014 7:07:26 AM   
sanchia

Stephen Sutton, a fine example of someone facing adversity with bravery and humanity.

Hopefully those who trolled him a week or so ago calling him a con artist feel very bad at this time.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29953
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/5/2014 11:36:29 AM   
jonson

My best friend of 25 years, best man at my wedding, the person who supported me when both my parents died (and I supported him when his both died) passed away on Friday.
He had a huge heart attack on Sunday (he was fit and healthy but had cancer 7 years ago - the doctors think the chemo may have weakened his heart) and I sat next to his bed for 5 days last week, until the doctors decided to let him be at peace.
I am utterly heartbroken, after my Dad he was the one man I loved the most.
I'm at work today but struggling to concentrate.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29954
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/5/2014 6:29:43 PM   
sanchia

Really sorry to read that Jonson. Condolences to his family and friends.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 29955
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/5/2014 6:51:32 PM   
Mister Coe

Shit, J, that's bad... puts all my problems into perspective.

So sorry, mate.

Say what now?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29956
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/5/2014 6:45:46 PM   
shool

Thats really awful to hear Jonson. Really sorry.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 29957
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/5/2014 8:31:48 PM   
superdan

Shit that's awful news, sincere condolences.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 29958
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/5/2014 8:07:05 AM   
jonson

Thanks all, MUCH appreciated. I was with my parents when they both died, we knew it was coming, but this has hit me like a brick wall.
I now have a eulogy to write. I can't do him justice, so it's panic on. I've been a best man twice and have no problem with public speaking, but this is something else.
I have been doing some research and at the moment it's veering towards John Cleese/Graham Chapman territory. My mate was possibly the funniest man I've ever known, as quick-witted as anyone and the king of put-downs.
Within the boundaries of taste if I don't rip the shit out of him, I won't be doing him any justice.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 29959
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/5/2014 6:40:17 PM   
sharkboy

So sorry to hear of your loss mate, but don't worry about the eulogy - I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park. A year ago, almost to the day, I had to attend the funeral of a close friend who died suddenly. Everyone who knew him expected the various eulogies to be in keeping with the sense of humour of the guy - he was a bit of a crazy fucker, but one of the most generous, kind-hearted people you could ever meet - and they didn't disappoint. People who knew your friend would be surprised if you did anything not in keeping with him; after all, you're celebrating a life, not mourning a death. Good luck with it, and I hope he gets the send-off he obviously deserved.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 29960
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/5/2014 12:54:47 AM   
UTB

I know we are all entitled to our thoughts, views and opinions, but christ I am so angry that very close and dear family members voted for UKIP, mostly because when questioned on it their reasoning for doing so fell to shit. Which is what I expect would happen for everyone who voted for them.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 29961
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/5/2014 7:31:36 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

I know we are all entitled to our thoughts, views and opinions, but christ I am so angry that very close and dear family members voted for UKIP, mostly because when questioned on it their reasoning for doing so fell to shit. Which is what I expect would happen for everyone who voted for them.

Couldn't agree more, mate. I understand how so many folks are pissed off about the whole EU situation, but if you look further into UKIP's other policies, you will see that they make the Tories look like Citizen Smith. Rich boys looking after other rich boys.

Say what now?

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 29962
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/5/2014 7:37:50 PM   
sanchia

The thing is the EU situation is nothing like what UKIP are selling it to be. "The whole 70% of laws come from Europe" thing for example is a complete fallacy which originated from a single quote of a speech which in itself has been found many times to be false and yet people still buy into it and that is just one of the massive, massive exaggerations which they spout and people believe without actually checking what is behind it all (in reality it is more like 15% to 37% the higher number being for countries who have the Euro). Anyway that is for another thread.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 29963
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/5/2014 8:25:48 PM   
UTB

Well, it was my grandad and mother who voted for them. I asked my grandad why and he said "they're the only ones speaking the truth". What truth? I asked, to which he couldn't answer. Then my mother chimes in with "we're sick of it all" - again, With what? Nothing.. couldn't tell me.

If I had to guess I'd say my grandad had decided the Subway halal meat story was enough (we were out for dinner and he kept mentioning about what 'kind' of meat it was) and my mother dislikes the people who live next door due to them being noisy neighbours, who just happen to be non-british (think they are Iranian).

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29964
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/5/2014 10:04:49 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

The thing is the EU situation is nothing like what UKIP are selling it to be. "The whole 70% of laws come from Europe" thing for example is a complete fallacy which originated from a single quote of a speech which in itself has been found many times to be false and yet people still buy into it and that is just one of the massive, massive exaggerations which they spout and people believe without actually checking what is behind it all (in reality it is more like 15% to 37% the higher number being for countries who have the Euro). Anyway that is for another thread.

It's even less than that. The most accurate figure produced so far is that 7% of primary legislation (in other words, the legislation that confers powers, duties and rights) comes from Europe. When you get into subordinate legislation, the figure is higher, but even then only because EU directives and regulations apply equally to all member states, regardless of its relevance. So the UK has, in theory at least, regulations governing olive farming, viniculture and other largely irrelevant subjects.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29965
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/5/2014 11:35:26 PM   
Hood_Man

I imagine it's mostly protest votes from people who want to elect someone, but are fed up of the current crop.

I can totally understand why they'd pick him (understand, not agree); he's charismatic, he gives the impression of saying what's on his mind (and having heard some of his comments, I can believe that), and he's not Red, Blue or Yellow. He's also the underdog, and the way the press and other parties have half heartedly banded together against him has annoyingly made him appear like a plucky, old fashioned British Bulldog, fighting off the Bigger, meaner, younger, posh public schoolboys (the fact that he himself went to one doesn't seem to get a look in).

I wonder how long it'll be before ads appear on TV or Youtube, showing Dad's Army opening credits style graphics of Nigel Farage's bobbing face, pushing back Red, Blue and Yellow arrows trying to enter the UK.

In comparison the other leaders don't answer simple questions (in fact they're too afraid to say anything at all), they're not doing what the public wants them to do, and on top of that they keep trying to appeal to the "common man" and end up looking stupid. Every. Single. Time.

They didn't take Farage seriously. They brushed him off and tried to make the public laugh at him, when they should have tried to explain to us why we need the EU. Nick Clegg's 8 million jobs argument wasn't worth the air he was breathing: why would it cost us 8 million jobs? He didn't explain that, he just threw out a number and expected everyone to go "Ukip, lol."

It's not easy to find simple, understandable, and convincing Pro arguments, and far from helping the cause Nick Clegg allowed Farage to wax lyrical on goodness knows what, almost totally unopposed.

I don't know what impact this will have on next year's General election, if much at all, but I can imagine the words "Nigel Farage MP" appearing on my TV screen this time next year.

For what it's worth I voted Labour, who seem to be holding Ukip back in second place in Wales at the moment.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 29966
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/5/2014 8:21:42 AM   
sanchia

The Lib Dems are going to be wiped out and replaced by UKIp I would say. The problem is Farage has the image of "taling the truth" but when you actually look into it a lot of what he says (in fact most) is bunkum. However, it does appear most people only listen to what is said and do not check it out afterwards. On the bright side Nick Griffen has lost his seat. He made a charming speech when conceding and showed just what a lowlife he is.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29967
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/5/2014 3:53:05 PM   
Valanya

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

The Lib Dems are going to be wiped out and replaced by UKIp I would say. The problem is Farage has the image of "taling the truth" but when you actually look into it a lot of what he says (in fact most) is bunkum. However, it does appear most people only listen to what is said and do not check it out afterwards. On the bright side Nick Griffen has lost his seat. He made a charming speech when conceding and showed just what a lowlife he is.

Yes, I expect this will happen too - though I do hope that this minor victory will just be giving them enough rope to hang themselves with. Time will tell.

It worries me that so many people seem to think voting UKIP is a valid protest vote because it will take votes from the Tories. I am vehemently anti-conservative most of the time, but a protest vote for UKIP really is (as more eloquent people than me have put it) shooting yourself in the foot because you don't like your shoes. My own brother told me this morning he was shocked that I was annoyed by UKIP getting the most votes because he thought I would see it as "democracy in action." If anyone else had said this too me I might have been sick at the idea that other people would think this of me. Fortunately, my brother lives in a tiny bubble (never had a job, never paid income tax or NI, has recently started talking about how he is a "local" sort of person) and has never had an original idea in his life so I'm not too worried about him projecting on me!

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29968
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/5/2014 4:17:39 PM   
elab49

Apparently if you say 'THEY wouldn't tell you this' and then pander to some prejudices, it counts the same as truth.

It's like that awful Question TIme in the US when someone in the audience basically said they didn't care about facts they knew what the knew.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 29969
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/5/2014 7:04:59 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

I get sick of politicians who keep saying 'we need to have a serious debate about [insert topic here]' when they're in the middle of an interview/debate situation.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 29970
Page:   <<   < prev  997 998 [999] 1000 1001   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  997 998 [999] 1000 1001   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI