Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  994 995 [996] 997 998   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/2/2014 7:34:37 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Finished Breaking Bad last night.

Fuck knows what I'm going to watch each night now.

I share your heartbreak. BAD ruined TV for me!

If it's any use, I've been bingeing on DEXTER, LUTHER and SHAMELESS USA... it'll keep me going until GAME OF THRONES comes back...

Say what now?

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 29851
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/2/2014 8:26:32 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Twin Peaks, if you haven't already.

I'm going through Twin Peaks now, not for the first time, but as it's the first time in 20 odd years it may as well be. Really enjoying it so far, I'm about 4 episodes into season 2. Should have it finished in another week or so, then I'll have to find something else to watch

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 29852
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/2/2014 9:40:46 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Twin Peaks, if you haven't already.

I'm going through Twin Peaks now, not for the first time, but as it's the first time in 20 odd years it may as well be. Really enjoying it so far, I'm about 4 episodes into season 2. Should have it finished in another week or so, then I'll have to find something else to watch

I could never get on with Twin Peaks but then I have the same problem with pretty much everything I've seen of Lynch's apart from Blue Velvet.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 29853
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/2/2014 5:47:52 PM   
Goodfella

With my sister tying the knot at the end of May, here are a list of words I would not use to describe weddings and their planning and organization:

Fun
Enthralling
Energizing
Relaxing
Peaceful (an extra few points for that one)
Easygoing
Pleasant
Cheerful
Lovely

I think I've covered pretty much everything there! I don't think I've ever quite experienced anything like this in my life. The women in my intermediate family have developed a habit of regularly behaving like an audition for a possession movie, and every-time that dreaded fucking wedding book starts coming out the dog has developed the rather 'annoying' habit of needing a piss. Or rather, I have developed one for him....

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 27/2/2014 5:48:08 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 29854
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/2/2014 5:51:34 PM   
jonson

Cheerful twat.
I hope they're not asking you to be an usher

"Bride or groom?"
"Bride"
"Sit down and shut the fuck up then"

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 29855
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/2/2014 6:28:52 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Cheerful twat.
I hope they're not asking you to be an usher

"Bride or groom?"
"Bride"
"Sit down and shut the fuck up then"

They bloody well are and all!

I'll be outside the church with a cattle prod I swear to God. "Move, fucking move!". "If you want dinner you'll pile into your cars and make your way to the damn place now!". "What, you don't know where it is? Tough shit. Go to McDonalds."

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 29856
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/2/2014 7:14:41 PM   
UTB

The best wedding you will ever go to will be the one after you're involved in planning, trust me. The realisation that all you've got to do is turn up, eat and get hammered is one of orgasmic proportions.

< Message edited by UTB -- 27/2/2014 7:15:51 PM >

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 29857
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/2/2014 7:17:53 PM   
MonsterCat

You might even get laid afterwards.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 29858
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/2/2014 7:34:04 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

The best wedding you will ever go to will be the one after you're involved in planning, trust me. The realisation that all you've got to do is turn up, eat and get hammered is one of orgasmic proportions.

Believe me I'm already grasping some of that given how much organization and planning is at laid at the door of others including myself, but must be done to their desires and exacting standards!

And irregardless, I will still eat two epic meals across the course of the day and get absolutely wasted...

quote:

You might even get laid afterwards.

Are we talking a wedding here as the groom or a guest?

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 29859
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/2/2014 10:25:49 PM   
Hood_Man

As great a production as War Horse is, I don't think I could ever sit through it again. The suffering those animals went through in WW1 was portrayed in so haunting a manner that I don't know if I'll be able to sleep now.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 29860
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/2/2014 10:32:02 PM   
elab49

The NT Live? We didn't get it 'live' as it clashes with the Film Festival so it's on a week on Sunday for us.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29861
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/2/2014 10:38:01 PM   
Hood_Man

Yeah. The broadcast wasn't as impressive as past ones I've been to, though. A few too many mistimed-camera-repositioning moments that really took you out of the moment, but otherwise it's still a great idea.

I don't know when I would have gotten round to seeing War Horse otherwise, or the Shakespeare plays I've seen over the years.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 29862
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/2/2014 10:51:05 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Yeah. The broadcast wasn't as impressive as past ones I've been to, though. A few too many mistimed-camera-repositioning moments that really took you out of the moment, but otherwise it's still a great idea.

I don't know when I would have gotten round to seeing War Horse otherwise, or the Shakespeare plays I've seen over the years.

That's a pity - so much care is normally taken in creating the 'film' of the play. So much so it can show up problematic staging, like the Coriolanus.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29863
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/2/2014 10:59:35 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

My first interview for my new job just got published

http://vulturemagazine.com.au/interview-jungle-giants-sam-hales/

Now for a loooong sigh of relief and multiple cups of coffee

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 29864
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/2/2014 2:42:37 AM   
rawlinson

Well done, mate.

I was just thinking, DJ Titties is so living up to the Australian stereotype, then I saw a link for a review of Miss Pole Dance Australia.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 29865
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/3/2014 2:08:01 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Well done, mate.

I was just thinking, DJ Titties is so living up to the Australian stereotype, then I saw a link for a review of Miss Pole Dance Australia.

Cheers mate

Yeah, doesn't surprise me that that was a top article on the site I thought about using Titties as a keyword in the article to boost page views Interesting change-up too, my first article deals with an indie pop band and my second article is a review of a gangsta rap album!

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 1/3/2014 2:57:31 AM >

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29866
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/3/2014 10:49:18 AM   
sanchia

It appears I find people who pronounce film as "filim" very irritating.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 29867
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/3/2014 2:23:03 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Never come to Ireland.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29868
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/3/2014 6:54:52 PM   
sanchia

Ok it's a deal.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 29869
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/3/2014 10:09:31 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Never come to Ireland.

Or Newcastle.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 29870
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/3/2014 10:11:07 PM   
horribleives

Rattlesnake by St Vincent is just about the sexiest song I've ever heard.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 29871
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/3/2014 10:26:13 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Rattlesnake by St Vincent is just about the sexiest song I've ever heard.

Yeah, it's a good one. It's probably my second-favourite track called Rattlesnake after Jark Prongo's

Post #: 29872
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/3/2014 10:54:37 PM   
Larry of Arabia

I haven't taken notice of Ricky Wilson in ages but he seems to have morphed into the love child of Derren Brown and The Mentalist while i wasn't looking.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 29873
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/3/2014 8:07:51 AM   
jonson

A bit like footballers should just play football then be locked in a cage for the rest of the week, I always think the same about actors.
I love watching films, but as soon as they all turn up at the Oscars, and even worse, start telling us all what they think, do, who to love and other pretentious mumblings, I despise the whole system, and vow never to watch an Oscar nominated film again. Is there another trade on earth whose workers have such an overinflated sense of their own importance. I seriously cannot fucking standing any of them.

< Message edited by jonson -- 3/3/2014 8:08:16 AM >

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 29874
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/3/2014 9:35:11 AM   
horribleives

quote:

A bit like footballers should just play football then be locked in a cage for the rest of the week, I always think the same about actors.
I love watching films, but as soon as they all turn up at the Oscars, and even worse, start telling us all what they think, do, who to love and other pretentious mumblings, I despise the whole system, and vow never to watch an Oscar nominated film again. Is there another trade on earth whose workers have such an overinflated sense of their own importance. I seriously cannot fucking standing any of them.

Me too. I haven't watched the Oscars for years, just thinking about those arrogant rich arseholes slapping themselves on the back makes me feel sick. It's no surprise so many of the vain bell-ends become scientologists.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 29875
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/3/2014 10:07:00 AM   
musht

quote:

Politics

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 29876
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/3/2014 10:19:59 AM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

Me too. I haven't watched the Oscars for years, just thinking about those arrogant rich arseholes slapping themselves on the back makes me feel sick. It's no surprise so many of the vain bell-ends become scientologists.

I like to watch them, because I'm fascinated by the politics that goes into deciding winners and whatnot and it's worth it to try and work out who is probably an arsehole in real life and who you could probably have a beer quite happily with.

One thing struck me though watching 12 Years a Slave win Best Film was Steve McQueen's speech. Gave his spiel and then proceeded to bounce up and down like a loon. OK, he was happy and proud, completely get that but considering the subject matter of the film, wasn't that reaction a bit...tasteless?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 29877
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/3/2014 10:47:56 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

quote:

I like to watch them, because I'm fascinated by the politics that goes into deciding winners and whatnot and it's worth it to try and work out who is probably an arsehole in real life and who you could probably have a beer quite happily with.

One thing struck me though watching 12 Years a Slave win Best Film was Steve McQueen's speech. Gave his spiel and then proceeded to bounce up and down like a loon. OK, he was happy and proud, completely get that but considering the subject matter of the film, wasn't that reaction a bit...tasteless?

I know what you mean, but personally I found it quite refreshing. He's usually such a serious guy.

Macconaguheryeeyyr's speech made me want to vomit, although I do love the guy. Actually, no, it wasn't as bad as Leto's.

The only bit really worth watching was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eIeEjrJYhE

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 3/3/2014 11:16:56 AM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 29878
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/3/2014 4:33:18 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

It's been a long time since I saw such a great film ruined by such a spectacularly crap ending.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 29879
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/3/2014 4:39:36 PM   
matty_b

Film being...?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 29880
Page:   <<   < prev  994 995 [996] 997 998   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  994 995 [996] 997 998   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI