Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  988 989 [990] 991 992   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:36:12 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

See it's these kinds of things that make me want to shelter myself from the internet (apart from here of course). The hardcore 12 Years fans especially are borderline unbearable. They literally just stomp there feet and frown whenever a different films wins anything. The anger towards O'Russell especially is something to behold.

I know this is always my go to for internet arseholes, but nothing matches the fallout from when Crash won best picture. The level of crazy from Brokeback fans was through the roof. My favourite comment was from a teary person who swore to make a cattle-ranch in her heart for the characters.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 29671
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:37:22 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

quote:

And garv, I'd say possibly Off-Topic I guess.. but at the same comic books could go in that sub-forum on Bookworms so I don't really know

Yeah it's a weird one. I was thinking The Comic Shack might be the best place for it but I'm not too sure. Where the hell are the mods when you need them?

I'd say Lists. It actually says "Post your lists here", I've had mods argue with me on that before though.

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 29672
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:37:28 AM   
SadFace

The same day, one person who had been to see WOWS (and had reluctantly enjoyed it) claimed that it was a film about greedy capitalists exploiting the vulnerable, made by greedy capitalists to exploit the vulnerable (which means, by that logic, there's going to be a lot of films you'll have an issue with). The aforementioned person from the other post then chimed in that this is why he should go and see 12 Years A Slave instead, before I pointed out that it's distributed by Fox.

I dunno anymore.

< Message edited by SadFace -- 21/1/2014 2:40:15 AM >

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

Post #: 29673
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:41:30 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: SadFace

The same day, one person who had been to see WOWS (and had reluctantly enjoyed it) claimed that it was a film about greedy capitalists exploiting the vulnerable, made by greedy capitalists to exploit the vulnerable (which means, by that logic, there's going to be a lot of films you'll have an issue with). The aforementioned person then chimed in that this is why he should go and see 12 Years A Slave instead, before I pointed out that it's distributed by Fox.

I still can't believe people can watch WOWS and not think the characters are scum, or that everyone involved think the characters are scum. I think some people would have been happier if Leo kept having a little angel and devil pop up on his shoulders to argue over his actions.

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 29674
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:48:27 AM   
garvielloken

quote:

I'd say Lists. It actually says "Post your lists here", I've had mods argue with me on that before though.

I'd like to post it there but I'll wait for mod approval first. Although it's so rare to see any of them around here these days I could be waiting a while for an answer.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29675
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:50:55 AM   
SadFace

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: SadFace

The same day, one person who had been to see WOWS (and had reluctantly enjoyed it) claimed that it was a film about greedy capitalists exploiting the vulnerable, made by greedy capitalists to exploit the vulnerable (which means, by that logic, there's going to be a lot of films you'll have an issue with). The aforementioned person then chimed in that this is why he should go and see 12 Years A Slave instead, before I pointed out that it's distributed by Fox.

I still can't believe people can watch WOWS and not think the characters are scum, or that everyone involved think the characters are scum. I think some people would have been happier if Leo kept having a little angel and devil pop up on his shoulders to argue over his actions.

This was my argument with The Bling Ring. Oh, Coppola doesn't explicitly show that these are immoral people, she must be on their side then.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29676
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:53:39 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

My favourite comment was from a teary person who swore to make a cattle-ranch in her heart for the characters.

That is amazing.

quote:

I just had a massive duh-doy moment on myself than Yeah, I'd say lists now Garv.

I'm so happy people are being morally confused by Wolf and not spoon-fed morals. It may result in a lot of anger, but at least we know Marty comfortable still doesn't give a fuck about leading the audience by the hand

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29677
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:54:19 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

I'd like to post it there but I'll wait for mod approval first. Although it's so rare to see any of them around here these days I could be waiting a while for an answer.

Throw in a few reviews of films like Crumb and you'll be fine.

quote:

This was my argument with The Bling Ring. Oh, Coppola doesn't explicitly show that these are immoral people, she must be on their side then.

But the thing is she does show that they are, she just doesn't lecture the audience about it, so some people freak out.

Post #: 29678
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:57:12 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

My favourite comment was from a teary person who swore to make a cattle-ranch in her heart for the characters.

That is amazing.

quote:

I just had a massive duh-doy moment on myself than Yeah, I'd say lists now Garv.

I'm so happy people are being morally confused by Wolf and not spoon-fed morals. It may result in a lot of anger, but at least we know Marty comfortable still doesn't give a fuck about leading the audience by the hand

I just wish Spring Breakers had got in as well, so many heads would be melting right now.

Post #: 29679
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:58:16 AM   
SadFace

quote:

quote:

But the thing is she does show that they are, she just doesn't lecture the audience about it, so some people freak out.

Yeah, and yet I've seen a few people who were like that with The Bling Ring but were saying what you were saying about WOWS.

quote:

I just wish Spring Breakers had got in as well, so many heads would be melting right now.

Seriously, it would've made my year if Franco had been nominated at the Oscars.

< Message edited by SadFace -- 21/1/2014 3:01:16 AM >

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29680
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 5:47:32 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

I actually made a Facebook post the other day asking for a moments silence for the lack of Franco nomination. A girl commented and suggested I watch Trash Humpers. I've never been more weirdly attracted to someone in my life

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29681
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 10:26:55 AM   
MonsterCat

As interminably boring as Spring Breakers was, Franco was easily the best thing about it.

"I got Scarface on repeat! On Repeat! Constant, y'all!"

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 29682
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 12:33:04 PM   
shool

quote:

quote:

quote:

And garv, I'd say possibly Off-Topic I guess.. but at the same comic books could go in that sub-forum on Bookworms so I don't really know

Yeah it's a weird one. I was thinking The Comic Shack might be the best place for it but I'm not too sure. Where the hell are the mods when you need them?

I'd say off topic.
I'll fight any other mod who says differently.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29683
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 12:34:26 PM   
shool

quote:

quote:

Not fair beacuse you posted in the middle of the night.
Under the circumstances I'd say mid-day the same day is pretty good.

[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

Post #: 29684
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 12:39:02 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd say off topic.

Music lists go in Audio though. And book lists go in books - and we've had comic/graphic novel lists in the Books section before so I'd certainly say there. The only odd one is TV because it's also visual - but even then, the main lists still go in Small Screen.

And if we are being pedantic - it DOES say all lists in here. BUT Lists and Top 10s is specifically one of the Film Forums. Look at the front page

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 29685
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 12:46:38 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd say off topic.

Music lists go in Audio though. And book lists go in books - and we've had comic/graphic novel lists in the Books section before so I'd certainly say there. The only odd one is TV because it's also visual - but even then, the main lists still go in Small Screen.

And if we are being pedantic - it DOES say all lists in here. BUT Lists and Top 10s is specifically one of the Film Forums. Look at the front page

But its general Art and not just comic book. It would also not find much of an audience in Books.
I still think Off Topic.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 29686
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 12:49:58 PM   
rawlinson

This is why I could never be a mod, I'd just use my common sense and put it in the forum that says "Post your lists here".

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 29687
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 12:57:48 PM   
shool

I've only just realised that there are TV lists in lists. Why arent they in Small Screen dammit?!!!!!!

To be honest I think Lists would also be fine. My suggestion would be Lists or Off Topic.

Elab?

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29688
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 12:58:44 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

This is why I could never be a mod, I'd just use my common sense and put it in the forum that says "Post your lists here".

Its like watching that guy in Tianaman Square all over again with the nasty mods in tanks driving in

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29689
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 12:59:12 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

I've only just realised that there are TV lists in lists. Why arent they in Small Screen dammit?!!!!!!

Because that's for discussion of specific shows rather than personal lists?

Check your pms in a minute, btw.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 29690
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 12:59:40 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

Its like watching that guy in Tianaman Square all over again with the nasty mods in tanks driving in

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 29691
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 1:06:57 PM   
elab49

quote:

To be honest I think Lists would also be fine. My suggestion would be Lists or Off Topic.

Elab?

We've never had any list in Off-Topic although we do have the Theatre thread there.

I should fess up - I assumed we were talking comic books because that was mentioned. Looking at Garv's original post does widen it out a bit, although there he does specifically mention comic art. WHo knows - maybe a list in Off-Topic would give it a bit of a gee up? And fine art is technically off-topic from every other named sub-forum!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 29692
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 1:11:40 PM   
rawlinson

I think Garv should put it in lists and just promise to review films in the thread and then never actually do it. A bit like Elab and her noir thread.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 29693
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 1:52:18 PM   
garvielloken

This is like trying to get a straight and simple answer from a politician.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29694
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 1:54:40 PM   
rawlinson

I think you should just say fuck it and put it in Grandstand.

Post #: 29695
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 1:55:39 PM   
elab49

quote:

Go with Shool and put it in Off-Topic or put it in Comic Shack - your choice. We're happy either way and will sort it out in A51 (or move it back if someone shifts it for some reason!).

quote:

Post #: 29696
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 1:59:54 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Did anyone consider 1080p before coming up with where the thread should go? Maybe there is still a blank page in the Book of Awesomeness

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 29697
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:02:17 PM   
garvielloken

quote:

I think you should just say fuck it and put it in Grandstand.

I could try the Dvd Club section. Some of the sub forums are so unused I could probably get away with posting porn and no one would ever see it.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

Go with Shool and put it in Off-Topic or put it in Comic Shack - your choice. We're happy either way and will sort it out in A51 (or move it back if someone shifts it for some reason!).

Thanks. I'll probably end up posting it in Comic Shack because y'know, it's all arty and stuff.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29698
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:03:02 PM   
elab49

We're tryng to get DVD Club deleted so I probably wouldn't go there

quote:

Post #: 29699
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:16:21 PM   
shool

quote:

Thanks. I'll probably end up posting it in Comic Shack because y'know, it's all arty and stuff.

Well ok if you dont want anyone to look at it.
If you want people to see and comment, I would still say Off Topic.

Your choice of course since I have no idea what the list will look like.

Post #: 29700
Page:   <<   < prev  988 989 [990] 991 992   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  988 989 [990] 991 992   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI