Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  987 988 [989] 990 991   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/1/2014 7:44:39 PM   
garvielloken

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

"Remember Boo Boo, we only have one weakness - Bullets."

It's on the way to me already. $8 is a steal.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29641
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/1/2014 7:50:49 PM   
Hood_Man

I've just realised that I'm over 30 minutes into The Hangover Part 2, and I haven't laughed once

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 29642
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/1/2014 7:52:55 PM   
garvielloken

Turn it off now. It doesn't get any better, trust me.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29643
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/1/2014 7:55:13 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

quote:

Aw shit, I remember Jonathan Ross doing a series, many years ago, about weird movie directors... Ray S was one of the directors on it... Herschell Gordon Lewis was another one...

Hope you like it, but remember, some of the films are more fun to think about than actually WATCH...

Say what now?

Post #: 29644
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/1/2014 7:58:23 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

It's clearly passed me by somehow, Rawls!

I also only like about seven Spielberg films, thought I should break more of the bad news to you.

Nah, that's fine - I still remember the sharp intake of breath in some quarters when I said Jurassic Park wasn't anywhere near his top-tier.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29645
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/1/2014 8:07:39 PM   
garvielloken

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

quote:

quote:

Aw shit, I remember Jonathan Ross doing a series, many years ago, about weird movie directors... Ray S was one of the directors on it... Herschell Gordon Lewis was another one...

Hope you like it, but remember, some of the films are more fun to think about than actually WATCH...

I've seen it before many years ago, although I was highly stoned at the time. Probably the only way to watch it.

I used to love HGL. I must have watched Bloodfeast about 30 times as a teenager.

< Message edited by garvielloken -- 17/1/2014 8:08:07 PM >

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 29646
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/1/2014 8:21:45 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

I gave up, and I've decided to watch something a bit more upbeat.

So naturally I'm watching The Impossible

Jokes aside, Tom Holland is phenomenally good at such a young age. The bit where he notices Naomi Watts' leg bleeding is just... natural.

Post #: 29647
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/1/2014 8:25:42 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

I gave up, and I've decided to watch something a bit more upbeat.

So naturally I'm watching The Impossible

Jokes aside, Tom Holland is phenomenally good at such a young age. The bit where he notices Naomi Watts' leg bleeding is just... natural.

Before I saw the film, I got it in my head that it was Tom Hollander. I was very confused when I read he played Ewan McGregor's son.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29648
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/1/2014 8:55:46 PM   
MonsterCat

The Impossible is quite intense at times but it's not as traumatic as The Hangover 2.

I felt sick to my soul after watching that garbage.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29649
RE: What are you thinking......... - 18/1/2014 6:45:54 PM   
Valanya

I'm looking forward to nothing less than going to talk to my headteacher within the next few weeks about how I'm looking for a new job. It is not going to be a fun conversation.

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 29650
RE: What are you thinking......... - 18/1/2014 9:48:32 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

I've just realised that I'm over 30 minutes into The Hangover Part 2, and I haven't laughed once

I had the same problem with the first one. I generally find that if I'm watching a comedy and I want all the main characters to die horribly about ten minutes in then it's probably not gonna work for me.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29651
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/1/2014 11:01:22 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

I had the same problem with the first one. I generally find that if I'm watching a comedy and I want all the main characters to die horribly about ten minutes in then it's probably not gonna work for me.

I'm glad i am not the only one. People were raving over it and yet I sat stony faced through the entire thing trying to find something funny.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 29652
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/1/2014 12:32:25 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

I'm glad i am not the only one. People were raving over it and yet I sat stony faced through the entire thing trying to find something funny.

I always feel like I'm missing out when that happens. When I went to see Napoleon Dynamite everyone was pissing themselves laughing but the only bit that raised half a smile from me was when he fell off his bike.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29653
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/1/2014 12:46:40 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I always feel like I'm missing out when that happens. When I went to see Napoleon Dynamite everyone was pissing themselves laughing but the only bit that raised half a smile from me was when he fell off his bike.

It's rubbish.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 29654
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/1/2014 8:19:26 PM   
Hood_Man

I liked the first Hangover film, though.

Having just followed Paul Hollywood's bread recipe from the BBC website, I think my next trick will be to wash down all that salt in my mouth with some sea water.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 29655
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/1/2014 10:15:29 PM   
horribleives

Stephen Fletcher. What a cunt.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29656
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 12:25:27 AM   
Larry of Arabia

I always thought Laura Dern was older because she was Sam Neill's girlfriend and a motherly scientist-type in Jurassic Park, but it has transpired that she was only 25 when filming that. Younger than I am now...

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 29657
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 12:38:02 AM   
rawlinson

Speaking of age, the reviews for Linklater's Boyhood have got me excited.

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 29658
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 1:15:14 AM   
SadFace

quote:

Me too. I remember stumbling across it on IMDb at least several years ago when it was Untitled 12 Year Project (and I was just getting into film) and thinking it sounded very interesting. The fact it's now actually here is very exciting, especially on a personal level.

< Message edited by SadFace -- 21/1/2014 1:16:18 AM >

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29659
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 1:25:47 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: SadFace

quote:

Me too. I remember stumbling across it on IMDb at least several years ago when it was Untitled 12 Year Project (and I was just getting into film) and thinking it sounded very interesting. The fact it's now actually here is very exciting, especially on a personal level.

Agreed with all of this. I really really want to see the new Ebert doco too. Apparently it's supposed to be excellent and also very unbiased and even-handed (Jonathan Rosenbaum gets very salty towards him according to a review I just read on The Dissolve)

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 21/1/2014 1:26:34 AM >

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 29660
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 1:35:07 AM   
rawlinson

Ebert and Rosenbaum were friends, so I'm wondering if they're making more of that than there is or if The Baumer is being a bit of an old bitch.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 29661
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 1:46:32 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

Ebert and Rosenbaum were friends, so I'm wondering if they're making more of that than there is or if The Baumer is being a bit of an old bitch.

Well since I haven't seen it I can't comment but this is from The Dissolve's reportage from Sundance

"and the curmudgeonly Jonathan Rosenbaum, who essentially accuses Ebert of being a cog in a studio-mandated machine to promote big mainstream films and destroy independent movies"

Bit harsh considering he did champion a lot of smaller films. Synecdoche, New York was his pick of the best film of the 00's!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29662
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 1:49:23 AM   
rawlinson

Yeah, I saw the review earlier. I know they had falling outs, and I remember Ebert giving him a bashing over the article Rosenbaum wrote when Bergman died, but I thought they were basically still friends. But I also know Rosenbaum also wrote a very annoying piece recently where he essentially accused critics of overrating pretty much every acclaimed film of the last year. So maybe it's his age.

Post #: 29663
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 1:57:22 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

Yeah, I saw the review earlier. I know they had falling outs, and I remember Ebert giving him a bashing over the article Rosenbaum wrote when Bergman died, but I thought they were basically still friends. But I also know Rosenbaum also wrote a very annoying piece recently where he essentially accused critics of overrating pretty much every acclaimed film of the last year. So maybe it's his age.

All I can say is "wut". That's almost as lol worthy as someone the other day accusing everyone of giving Matthew McConaughey praise simply because he's not doing rom-coms anymore. I've actually abandoned tumblr for the foreseeable future because awards season just inspires mass fucking stupidity.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29664
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:03:43 AM   
rawlinson

I read a comment recently attacking Dallas Buyers Club for being anti-gay propaganda because it shows all gay people as having aids. They're choosing to ignore the fact that the lead character has aids and is straight.

Post #: 29665
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:12:25 AM   
SadFace

Someone made the all-so-fucking-annoying argument the other day about why 12 Years A Slave is better than Wolf of Wall Street because it's 'important'. This, after they said they refuse to see WOWS because the subject matter' bores' them (and yet claims to love Wall Street), and then started to dig themselves into a contradictory gaping fucking trench over whether films are 'important' or not.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29666
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:14:46 AM   
garvielloken

I'm thinking I would like to start a thread about my favourite art, artists comic books etc. Basically a thread that combines lowbrow art with fine art.

Only problem is I have no idea what part of the forum to post it in. Any suggestions?

EDIT - also, what are the forum rules when it comes to nudity in fine art?

< Message edited by garvielloken -- 21/1/2014 2:16:17 AM >

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29667
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:23:04 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

Someone made the all-so-fucking-annoying argument the other day about why 12 Years A Slave is better than Wolf of Wall Street because it's 'important'. This, after they said they refuse to see WOWS because the subject matter' bores' them (and yet claims to love Wall Street), and then started to dig themselves into a contradictory gaping fucking trench over whether films are 'important' or not.

The importance argument is one that really pisses me off. It's a real shame because Slave is a fine film that I'm slowly beginning to get annoyed with because it has so many arseholes on its side.

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 29668
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:28:42 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

I read a comment recently attacking Dallas Buyers Club for being anti-gay propaganda because it shows all gay people as having aids. They're choosing to ignore the fact that the lead character has aids and is straight.

quote:

See it's these kinds of things that make me want to shelter myself from the internet (apart from here of course). The hardcore 12 Years fans especially are borderline unbearable. They literally just stomp there feet and frown whenever a different films wins anything. The anger towards O'Russell especially is something to behold.

And garv, I'd say possibly Off-Topic I guess.. but at the same comic books could go in that sub-forum on Bookworms so I don't really know

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 21/1/2014 2:29:42 AM >

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29669
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/1/2014 2:34:12 AM   
garvielloken

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

And garv, I'd say possibly Off-Topic I guess.. but at the same comic books could go in that sub-forum on Bookworms so I don't really know

Yeah it's a weird one. I was thinking The Comic Shack might be the best place for it but I'm not too sure. Where the hell are the mods when you need them?

Post #: 29670
Page:   <<   < prev  987 988 [989] 990 991   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  987 988 [989] 990 991   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI