Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  983 984 [985] 986 987   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/12/2013 2:55:41 PM   
UTB

People still use "touch base" as a phrase? I thought that died out with bluetooth earpieces.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 29521
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/12/2013 12:21:45 PM   
elab49

THe pork, sage and onion stuffing my butcher makes is simply divine. (They're currently selling hot turkey and stuffing sandwiches in the cafe bit).

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 29522
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/12/2013 2:44:43 PM   
jonson

Hmmm, my 5th mince pie of the day. I think I'll skip lunch and have another couple

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 29523
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/12/2013 2:51:28 PM   
elab49

You wouldn't/couldn't if you got the ones Peckhams are selling in Glasgow - they come with Buckfast in them!

(When I commented even the sales assistant's comment was 'yeah - classy '

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 29524
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/12/2013 4:55:44 PM   
chewbacasnapsak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: chewbacasnapsak

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: chewbacasnapsak

Never one to pass up an opportunity of childish passive annoyance, I got someone I truly detest in the secret Santa at work, and the same day noticed some CDs in a mates waste paper bin of a band who shall we say no one wants to be associated with anymore.
Said CDs are now wrapped and nestled under the tree at work. I am thinking of getting popcorn for the group present opening day and am eagerly awaiting the fallout.

You are a bad bad (if devilishly creative) person.

I was actually having second thoughts, but after watching this person demoralise and demotivate one of the hard working people in our team, I am gonna really enjoy the 20th. I will update you all on the consequences.

I once bought a cancer patient undergoing chemotherapy a multi coloured clown wig, for a Secret Santa gift years ago. You'll be fine.

Well...that went spectacularly. Said person ending up shouting "its not fucking funny" repeatedly as everyone was pissing themselves laughing. CDs were thrown into his bin as he stomped off back to his desk. It didn't help matters that once someone had explained what he was annoyed about to our boss, my boss thought it was hilarious.

I really need to grow up.

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29525
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/12/2013 7:36:34 PM   
Sway

I don't like pretending to be a grown up sometimes.

All week I was looking forward to today - putting my feet up and watching films, though I knew I had a few chores to do first....

So, a trip into town, a change of the bedding, 3 loads of washing, a hoover of my room, a clean of the bathroom, packing of my bag, and some wrapping of presents later and I finally get to sit down for dinner at 6.30pm!

And I've just bored myself by reading all that back...

Time to put on a seriously decent film to scoff popcorn infront of to make up for today's responsible behaviour.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 29526
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/12/2013 7:05:07 PM   
sanchia

Or just a rubbish fun film to watch and scoff popcorn in front of, they can be just as good.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 29527
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/12/2013 2:04:37 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

Currently going through the first world problem of deciding which gym to join.

One that is close to work which would mean not worrying about getting to work on time or one next to my local train station but then worrying about train delays while at the gym.

The catch, the former is a lot more expensive than the latter.

I'm inclined to go to the one near work for peace of mind, but it's just so expensive.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29528
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/12/2013 2:24:20 PM   
elab49

Is it feasible to get a shorter membership/contract with the cheaper gym just to make sure you do use it and aren't one of the majority who end up not doing so? It'll also give you an idea if you will have problems there without first splashing out on the more expensive one.

quote:

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 29529
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/12/2013 12:18:47 AM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Is it feasible to get a shorter membership/contract with the cheaper gym just to make sure you do use it and aren't one of the majority who end up not doing so? It'll also give you an idea if you will have problems there without first splashing out on the more expensive one.

I'm not actually sure. There's nothing on the website that offers that but I could always ask. There's also nothing on there about prices; i'm just assuming it will be cheaper than the one near work.

The more expensive one, Fitness First, isn't as expensive as I first thought seeing as I wouldn't be using multiple gyms, just the one near work. However, an induction costs 40 quid with an extra 45 for something I don't get (a sign up fee perhaps) as well as being 46 a month. That's ridiculous.

I would prefer the peace of mind of being near work but the cost is just so off putting.

I guess the gym would be one of my few outgoings so it might be worth splashing out a bit more.

I'm 99% sure I wouldn't quit the gym after the first month or so. I had to stop going 6 months ago because I moved back to London and simply couldn't afford to join one. It was gutting because I had never felt better about myself and that's a feeling i'm looking forward to getting back. I'm actually tempted to join in February because then most of the people who give up have quit the gym by then so it'll be less busy. That isn't meant to sound braggy, it's just something i've learnt from experience.

I've still got a bit of time until I start my new job so i'll mull it over...maybe over some mulled wine.

I'll get my coat

EDIT

Merry Christmas people!

< Message edited by Sumintelligentguy -- 25/12/2013 12:21:33 AM >

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 29530
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/12/2013 10:01:10 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

There's more christmas cheer in an Uruk-Hai birthing pit than there was in my local shopping centre on Christmas eve.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 29531
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2013 7:39:20 AM   
sanchia

Not necessarily the best weather for a romantic walk. Still if I wrap up like the Michelin man I man survive.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 29532
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2013 4:23:53 PM   
Shifty Bench

I used to think Jim Caviezel's performance in Person Of Interest was pretty bland and lifeless but having seen every episode to date and re-watching season one at the moment, I currently disagree with past-me.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29533
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2013 9:35:14 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Nothing like a 1 AM panic attack at the pub just after making out with an engaged girl. This is why I should avoid free beer.

For clarification, I live in a small town. Luckily, she's an out-of-towner. Unluckily, she's related to one of my best mates. Dear god.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 28/12/2013 9:41:07 PM >

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 29534
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2013 11:01:41 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

People still use "touch base" as a phrase? I thought that died out with bluetooth earpieces.

Ive heard that a few times very recently before xmas. Damn.

My thoughts right now are:

1) How come when you are slightly tipsy can you get super motivated to do something, when the next day and everything after nothing falls into place?

2) In 2014 im going to really get started with a career I really enjoy.

quote:

Well...that went spectacularly. Said person ending up shouting "its not fucking funny" repeatedly as everyone was pissing themselves laughing. CDs were thrown into his bin as he stomped off back to his desk. It didn't help matters that once someone had explained what he was annoyed about to our boss, my boss thought it was hilarious.

I really need to grow up.

Hahah, was hoping for an update on this one :P

< Message edited by kumar -- 28/12/2013 11:02:53 PM >

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 29535
RE: What are you thinking......... - 31/12/2013 8:51:17 PM   
impqueen

I hate Christmas and New Year but I do love Gin.

Yes, always.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 29536
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/1/2014 6:45:56 PM   
Hood_Man

Just seen some photos on the internet of the flooding around Wales. A firm I used to work for 7-8 years ago recently relocated to be nearer a river, and there are photos of the street showing that the water has burst its banks. There's no photos of the firm's premises but it's on the same level as the properties shown to be flooded.

I guess I could say they were playing with fire moving there, but that river hasn't flooded since 1987. The riverbed's been dredged a few times over the years too.

Ouch

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 29537
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 10:08:18 AM   
Qwerty Norris

Meeting friends at 5:30 for a doubleheader at our local generic multiplex, but have a bit of time to kill mid afternoon & I haven't been to the cinema for a couple of weeks... so wondering whether to sit through Mandela or that Hobbit film...

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29538
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 1:20:09 PM   
MonsterCat

Oh, Morrissey, you daft cunt.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jan/03/morrissey-eating-meat-paedophilia-smiths?CMP=twt_gu

Guess I'm the Ian Watkins of Empire if this hyperbole spouting tit is to believed...

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 29539
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 1:28:55 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Oh, Morrissey, you daft cunt.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jan/03/morrissey-eating-meat-paedophilia-smiths?CMP=twt_gu

Guess I'm the Ian Watkins of Empire if this hyperbole spouting tit is to believed...

He's just a tiresome, attention-seeking troll and has been for years now. He's the music biz's own Katie Hopkins. I can't believe people still print the garbage that falls out of his gob every time he opens it these days.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 29540
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 1:28:58 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

I'm the Ian Watkins of Empire

Another sign this forum is slowly dying, two years ago a mod would have made that your title already.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 29541
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 1:35:56 PM   
MonsterCat

Although, if cows are indeed being raped before being put through a mincer, I may actually consider stopping eating burgers.

I don't particularly want a side-order of farmer's semen with my quarter pounder.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29542
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 1:42:12 PM   
sanchia

Oh Morrisey your adorable little scamp you.

Actually that should be total tit.

quote:

Morrissey also threatened to "slip into permanent unconsciousness" if any journalist ever asked him again about the Smiths.

Mark Fairley suggested: "The sooner someone asks him about the Smiths, the better "

If there is any person who has damaged the cause of actual promotion of vegetarians more I do not know who. Do you think he is in the pay of the meat producers as an agent provocateur?

< Message edited by sanchia -- 4/1/2014 1:52:48 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 29543
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 1:59:24 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Oh Steven, sometimes you really do test my position of trying to separate the art from the artist.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29544
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 2:03:53 PM   
MonsterCat

Thing is, he's not a dumb person so it really baffles me when he makes these completely inappropriate comparisons.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 29545
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 2:31:22 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Exactly. For someone who is such a wonderful lyricist, you'd think he'd choose his words carefully.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 29546
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 3:06:42 PM   
Scruffybobby

Surely he realises that nobody could possibly take him seriously anymore? Maybe that's why he just mouths off spouting whatever shite occurs to him

I want to taste you like yogurt.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 29547
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 5:00:21 PM   
rawlinson

Maybe he just believes what he says. Some people have extreme opinions. Some people would place the killing of an animal on the same level as the killing of a human. I was reading a blog yesterday written by a woman who thinks that any time a man penetrates a woman it's automatically an act of rape. Some people listen to Queen. There's a lot of extremists out there.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 29548
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 5:10:39 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Maybe he just believes what he says. Some people have extreme opinions. Some people would place the killing of an animal on the same level as the killing of a human. I was reading a blog yesterday written by a woman who thinks that any time a man penetrates a woman it's automatically an act of rape. Some people listen to Queen. There's a lot of extremists out there.

No shit? So what, does she look at her dad and think, "You fucking rapist"?

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 29549
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/1/2014 5:17:14 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

No shit? So what, does she look at her dad and think, "You fucking rapist"?

It claims to be a site for radical feminists, but it basically outright says that it's an act of violence, women are dehumanised by it, men force regular intercourse on women to get them pregnant and control their reproductive system, all women are groomed by men to give in to sex, etc etc etc.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 29550
Page:   <<   < prev  983 984 [985] 986 987   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  983 984 [985] 986 987   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI