Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  967 968 [969] 970 971   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/9/2013 1:15:13 PM   
MonsterCat

Just plain.

I have no Marmite, I don't like Vegemite and me and nuts don't get along.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 29041
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/9/2013 2:00:53 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Just plain.

You're nothing like your mum.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 29042
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/9/2013 2:13:14 PM   
MonsterCat

Speaking of which, she says if couldn't blow your wad prematurely next time, that'd be swell.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 29043
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/9/2013 2:18:42 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

Speaking of which, she says if couldn't blow your wad prematurely next time, that'd be swell.

It was. It'd been ages...

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 29044
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/9/2013 2:28:49 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

Just plain.

You're nothing like your mum.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 29045
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/9/2013 4:33:26 PM   
Shifty Bench

Watching American TV Live is a different experience from when my Aunt sends me shows. All the bloody ad breaks are annoying.

Oh, and someone on the forum shags someone else's mum. Or something.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 29046
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/9/2013 4:51:05 PM   
sanchia

I think they have swapped mums at a key party or something similar.

Also Glove and Boots are gods!

< Message edited by sanchia -- 20/9/2013 6:42:55 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 29047
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/9/2013 10:35:25 AM   
sanchia

I was just taking my parents dog for a walk and passed a car parked on the side of the road on which someone had written on all its windows in what appeared to be lipstick "This is a private parking spot do not park here!". Now this is all well and good if the car was parked in a private parking spot but this was on the side of a public road where there are no permits or reserved spaces and there are always dozens of free spaces pretty much next to that space. I would be a tad perturbed if I was the owner of that particular car and would have liked to be a fly on the wall when they come back to it.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29048
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/9/2013 1:07:47 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I was just taking my parents dog for a walk and passed a car parked on the side of the road on which someone had written on all its windows in what appeared to be lipstick "This is a private parking spot do not park here!". Now this is all well and good if the car was parked in a private parking spot but this was on the side of a public road where there are no permits or reserved spaces and there are always dozens of free spaces pretty much next to that space. I would be a tad perturbed if I was the owner of that particular car and would have liked to be a fly on the wall when they come back to it.

Weird! I could understand and forgive if it was just a note left under the windscreen wiper but to actually go to so much effort. I can only presume the culprit was having a really bad day or is just an ignorant bitch.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29049
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/9/2013 1:26:58 PM   
sanchia

Also they appeared to use a hell of a lot of lipstick which is a waste of money anyway. (Also having once had a drunk woman kiss the passenger side window of my car it is a real pain to get off without smearing all over the place).

< Message edited by sanchia -- 22/9/2013 1:27:50 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 29050
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/9/2013 3:01:10 PM   
musht

I can only imagine and I doubt this car owner would have nothing more than a few windscreen to use on hand, presuming he/she doesn't live in the area. Driving around with that written on every window would be a right pain.

On another note I was considering renting Fast 6 on itunes when I saw the first seven films in the "Viewers Also Bought" section;
'The Scorpion King', 'Jurassic Park: The Lost World', 'The Scorpion King 3', 'Spider-Man 2', 'Superman vs The Elite', 'A View To A Kill', and 'Stealth' .... Does it make me a bit of a film snob that that list turned me off the idea?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29051
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/9/2013 5:36:12 PM   
Sway

Just back from a great weekend in Glasgow. It was my first trip in over a year because of my ill health etc and it was so good to catch up with old friends. I miss the city so much. Visiting this weekend has really made me realise how much I want to be back there. It just feels like home.

On a more moaney note - how difficult is it to find your seat on a train when all the carriages are marked out in different letters and all the seat numbers are clearly visible? I've never understood how people end up trailing up and down the carriage several times looking for their reserved seats.

Also, there is no sound more jarring when you're in a sleepy state than a gaggle of excitable women.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 29052
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/9/2013 6:17:24 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Also, there is no sound more jarring when you're in a sleepy state than a gaggle of excitable women.

Context is the key.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 29053
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/9/2013 10:26:37 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

I can only imagine and I doubt this car owner would have nothing more than a few windscreen to use on hand, presuming he/she doesn't live in the area. Driving around with that written on every window would be a right pain.

On another note I was considering renting Fast 6 on itunes when I saw the first seven films in the "Viewers Also Bought" section;
'The Scorpion King', 'Jurassic Park: The Lost World', 'The Scorpion King 3', 'Spider-Man 2', 'Superman vs The Elite', 'A View To A Kill', and 'Stealth' .... Does it make me a bit of a film snob that that list turned me off the idea?

That is a truly magnificently awful list of films, apart from Spider Man 2.

Say what now?

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 29054
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/9/2013 4:47:50 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Is Season 3 of Magnum P.I. particular gruesome, or filled with bad language, or generally uneditable for daytime viewing? Because ITV4 seem to not be showing certain episodes.

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 23/9/2013 4:48:10 PM >

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 29055
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/9/2013 4:49:24 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I know it's bad for me but I REALLY need to go to Pizza Hut and order one of these bad boys...

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 29056
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/9/2013 4:54:18 PM   
UTB

I hope it turns out better than:

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 29057
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/9/2013 4:58:50 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I'd be sending that back to the kitchen if they tried fobbing me off with that!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 29058
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/9/2013 5:19:56 PM   
jonson

Are those brown things burgers? It looks like the big ship in Independence Day, you half expect them to detach themselves and start hovering around the kitchen
Even being a veggie though, it looks delicious (well, YFU's does, not sure about UTB's dog-shit looking one...)

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 29059
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/9/2013 3:00:26 AM   
Scott_

I'm thinking I don't normally mind Spiders but Kaiju looking motherfuckers crawling past my head is crossing some lines....I could hear it scratching the wall as it moved.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 29060
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/9/2013 8:00:49 AM   
jonson

My daughter comes home from college (she's just started) yesterday and I asked her what she had done, eaten etc. She said she wanted a packed lunch tomorrow as the canteen only serves Halal Meat (she eats meat but she's decided she doesn't agree with Halal)
Now, being a multi-cultural city, I understand Halal meat has to be offered. I don't eat meat myself but curiously I have no problem with Halal if this is what their religion decides. I do however find it odd that non-Halal meat is not served.
"It complicates things" said the chef "so we just serve only Halal"
So my daughter and her friends didn't eat from the canteen. I think they're being a bit dramatic but I defend their right to eat non-Halal meat just as much as I'll defend someone's right to only eat Halal meat, I didn't honestly think they wouldn't be allowed to serve an alternative?

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 29061
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/9/2013 8:36:10 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

Is Season 3 of Magnum P.I. particular gruesome, or filled with bad language, or generally uneditable for daytime viewing? Because ITV4 seem to not be showing certain episodes.

Was that the infamous season when Tom Sellecks shorts allowed clear views of the wrinkly change purse many times.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 29062
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/9/2013 8:42:01 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Someone done this to my mother-in-law's car because she'd parked in front of their driveway. No car in the driveway by the way and it was a total accident, she's a bit ditzy. She came back to the car and found the house's kids had written on her windows with lipstick. She took it as her fault and cleaned it all. I'd have went fucking mental and told them to clean it or I'd a) knock fuck out of their dad or b) call the cops.

There's no need when a simple note would do.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 29063
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/9/2013 9:02:31 AM   
sanchia

This wasn't even in front of a driveway as the house it was parked in front did not have a driveway and it was on a public road with no reserved spots and plenty of other spaces to park (the road is over 100m long and there were four cars parked on it and I know only about ten cars park there overnight). I must admit I would have gone a tad passive aggressive on their arses myself.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 29064
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/9/2013 9:26:00 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

My daughter comes home from college (she's just started) yesterday and I asked her what she had done, eaten etc. She said she wanted a packed lunch tomorrow as the canteen only serves Halal Meat (she eats meat but she's decided she doesn't agree with Halal)
Now, being a multi-cultural city, I understand Halal meat has to be offered. I don't eat meat myself but curiously I have no problem with Halal if this is what their religion decides. I do however find it odd that non-Halal meat is not served.
So my daughter and her friends didn't eat from the canteen. I think they're being a bit dramatic but I defend their right to eat non-Halal meat just as much as I'll defend someone's right to only eat Halal meat, I didn't honestly think they wouldn't be allowed to serve an alternative?

Interesting one. I'm not religious one way or the other, but this is one of my major problems with organised religion. When their beliefs and requirements are held to be important, it trumps anyone else's views. And you can't argue with them because you are an anti-religious bigot for daring to take a different view.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Someone done this to my mother-in-law's car because she'd parked in front of their driveway. No car in the driveway by the way and it was a total accident, she's a bit ditzy. She came back to the car and found the house's kids had written on her windows with lipstick. She took it as her fault and cleaned it all. I'd have went fucking mental and told them to clean it or I'd a) knock fuck out of their dad or b) call the cops.

There's no need when a simple note would do.

I don't agree with defacing someone's car, but I'd have done my level best to block it in. You go out in your car, you come back and some ignorant tosser has parked in front of your drive, wouldn't put me in the best of moods.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 29065
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/9/2013 9:37:14 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

Interesting one. I'm not religious one way or the other, but this is one of my major problems with organised religion. When their beliefs and requirements are held to be important, it trumps anyone else's views. And you can't argue with them because you are an anti-religious bigot for daring to take a different view.

This may be my ignorance, but isn't halal meat just a way of killing it (and no bacon - boo!)? Why would it impact on the dishes served, or the taste of them? I can see the practicality argument but from their view perhaps it's also pretty irrelevant because they just make the meals they always do, just with meat from a different supplier. So I'm not sure why someone would refuse it, unless it's an ethical thing wrt the way the animal is killed? I only recall the word 'humane' about that, but that may be misrecalled too.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 29066
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/9/2013 9:47:56 AM   
Chief

quote:

I don't agree with defacing someone's car, but I'd have done my level best to block it in. You go out in your car, you come back and some ignorant tosser has parked in front of your drive, wouldn't put me in the best of moods.

You own the driveway, you don't own the land outside it. Parking there is fair game as long as you're not blocked in. It would be considered bad form but as I said, it was accidental.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 29067
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/9/2013 9:53:47 AM   
elab49

Don't most bylaws prohibit the actual blocking of an exit drive though?

Although it is a hot topic issue if you don't have a drive and park outside your own house. People do get really worked up about it, esp if the person who does it knows damn well that someone else always parks there but moves their own car because one of their idiot kids is parked in their normal space and they can't be arsed to tell them to use the car park across the road.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 29068
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/9/2013 9:55:24 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

You own the driveway, you don't own the land outside it. Parking there is fair game as long as you're not blocked in. It would be considered bad form but as I said, it was accidental.

I can't believe you can park blocking a driveway and not see it. And if I can believe that someone can do that then I have to fear for the times they might not see a cyclist or someone on a motor bike or a child crossing the road. And having paid the best part of 5 grand for the drive to be put into the house by way of having to have architects drawings, apply for planning permission and pay the council for the work I'll be none too happy for the attitude from some ignoramous that I can't now use it if it is more convenient for them to park blocking it.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 29069
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/9/2013 9:58:21 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

This may be my ignorance, but isn't halal meat just a way of killing it (and no bacon - boo!)? Why would it impact on the dishes served, or the taste of them? I can see the practicality argument but from their view perhaps it's also pretty irrelevant because they just make the meals they always do, just with meat from a different supplier. So I'm not sure why someone would refuse it, unless it's an ethical thing wrt the way the animal is killed? I only recall the word 'humane' about that, but that may be misrecalled too.

I understood from the way the animal is killed was their problem. I'm not really on the best ground to grade humane ways of killing animals, but halal doesn't appear (from what I know about it, which might be a bit limited) to be at the top of that list.

Though, I'd eat it

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 29070
Page:   <<   < prev  967 968 [969] 970 971   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  967 968 [969] 970 971   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI