Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  961 962 [963] 964 965   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/8/2013 1:35:26 AM   
Sumintelligentguy

I'm two episodes from the end of The Sopranos.

To continue watching, or to wait til the morning...

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 28861
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/8/2013 1:41:54 AM   
paul_ie86

Keep watching.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 28862
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/8/2013 6:53:27 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I know the general consensus on Boardwalk Empire is that it isn't quite as good as The Sopranos but I've just started ploughing through series 3 and episode 4 was just about the most brilliantly Sopranos-esque hour of television I've seen in a long while...

SPOILERS FOR SERIES 3, EPISODE 4 OF BOARDWALK EMPIRE

...Nucky doing that managed to both shock me to my core and be depressingly inevitable.

I've been having a mass catch up before the new season starts and yes, I was shocked as well. I really like BE.

Gyp Rosetti is just about everything I aspire to be as a human being (apart from his penchant for erotic asphyxiation and setting people on fire).

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 28863
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/8/2013 8:47:39 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

Gyp Rosetti is just about everything I aspire to be as a human being (apart from his penchant for erotic asphyxiation and setting people on fire).

That just leaves being Italian then, you aspire to be Italian?

Have you finished Series 3 yet? You're in for a treat!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 28864
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/8/2013 8:52:21 AM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Get a cat.

A neighbour's cat is always near our back door. I might let it in the house for a few hours and see what damage it can do.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28865
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/8/2013 4:15:25 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

That just leaves being Italian then, you aspire to be Italian?

Have you finished Series 3 yet? You're in for a treat!

Not yet, haven't watched any since episode 5, which featured the brilliant sight of Arnold Rothstein actually losing his temper.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 28866
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/8/2013 5:44:49 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Get a cat.

A neighbour's cat is always near our back door. I might let it in the house for a few hours and see what damage it can do.

Finding a dump in obscure places may be worse than the mouse...

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 28867
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/8/2013 8:51:21 PM   
sanchia

Everyone at the office appears to think I have something going on with one of the ladies who work with me. I don't think anything is going on? I have misread these things before though. Maybe it is an emotional affair but I do not realise it is? I had suggestions on how best to ahem romance her from the lecherous old gay bloke today.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28868
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/8/2013 9:06:24 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Everyone at the office appears to think I have something going on with one of the ladies who work with me. I don't think anything is going on? I have misread these things before though. Maybe it is an emotional affair but I do not realise it is? I had suggestions on how best to ahem romance her from the lecherous old gay bloke today.

That's no way to talk about my grandad.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28869
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/8/2013 10:10:43 PM   
sanchia

He has a livelier sex life than mine so good on grand dad.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28870
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/8/2013 6:52:47 AM   
horribleives

Minder really was fucking mint, wasn't it?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28871
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/8/2013 7:03:37 PM   
Hood_Man

Not sure if this is really just a bunch of random letters, or a German person pronouncing Squirrel.

Post #: 28872
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/8/2013 7:17:20 PM   
elab49

quote:

Minder really was fucking mint, wasn't it?

Esp Chisholm and his Welsh constable.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 28873
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/9/2013 11:28:08 AM   
Hood_Man

I must have fallen asleep at 5pm yesterday as sitting on my bed around that time is the last thing I remember, and I only woke up around 11 this morning.

A dozen or so texts, missed calls, and facebook notifications suggest the whole world seemed to want me to go out last night. Oh well, it was a great sleep at least.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28874
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/9/2013 1:17:37 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

I must have fallen asleep at 5pm yesterday as sitting on my bed around that time is the last thing I remember, and I only woke up around 11 this morning.

A dozen or so texts, missed calls, and facebook notifications suggest the whole world seemed to want me to go out last night. Oh well, it was a great sleep at least.

Sixteen hours? That's not a sleep, that's a mini-coma

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28875
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/9/2013 4:06:35 PM   
horribleives

I know bugger all about HD tellies but is it perfectly normal for a film to look like an episode of Grange Hill?

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 28876
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/9/2013 5:24:00 PM   
sanchia

Probably not unless it is a 70's grainy one like The French Connection which even the Blu Ray looks like someone has blown their nose on the negative.

Why have I suddenly got dozens of artists following me on Threadless to the point I get about a dozen emails a day informing me they have new designs up for voting on?

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 28877
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/9/2013 11:51:54 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Everyone at the office appears to think I have something going on with one of the ladies who work with me. I don't think anything is going on? I have misread these things before though. Maybe it is an emotional affair but I do not realise it is?

I think you'd know if it was, old chap!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28878
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/9/2013 11:55:14 PM   
horribleives

quote:

Probably not unless it is a 70's grainy one like The French Connection which even the Blu Ray looks like someone has blown their nose on the negative.

This was Ghostbusters and Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire at my mate's house (his kids were watching them by the way - that would be a pretty lame saturday night double bill for a bunch of blokes in their mid thirties). They both had this weird TV camera, sitcom/soap opera kind of look to them and the effects were rubbish.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28879
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/9/2013 11:59:06 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

Keep watching.

Decided to wait til the next day.

I thought season 6 was a step down from an excellent season 5.

Though the final scene of the series was refreshingly original.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 28880
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/9/2013 7:09:43 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

Everyone at the office appears to think I have something going on with one of the ladies who work with me. I don't think anything is going on? I have misread these things before though. Maybe it is an emotional affair but I do not realise it is?

I think you'd know if it was, old chap!

Mixed messages. The body language says wayhey but some of the thing she says goes awwww. (Not that I believe in that emotion affair stuff anyway dear boy).

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 28881
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/9/2013 12:54:20 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

This was Ghostbusters and Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire at my mate's house (his kids were watching them by the way - that would be a pretty lame saturday night double bill for a bunch of blokes in their mid thirties). They both had this weird TV camera, sitcom/soap opera kind of look to them and the effects were rubbish.

Do they have their TV set up right? I remember we had Sky HD for ages before we realised we had to set the TV to the HDMI mode.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 28882
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/9/2013 4:17:55 PM   
DancingClown

I really am struggling to care about which over-paid rapist got transfered where today. Other people seem so excited about it.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 28883
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/9/2013 4:26:52 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

I really am struggling to care about which over-paid rapist got transfered where today. Other people seem so excited about it.

I find it fascinating and probably even more interesting than the matches themselves.

Maybe its because I like business and business transactions. Its probably why I'm a sucker for Bargain Hunt and Cash in The Attic too.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 28884
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/9/2013 7:17:11 PM   
horribleives

quote:

You know there are more footballers who've set up charities, ploughed money into communities, helped the underprivileged and generally used their wealth and fame for worthy causes than there are ones who've been convicted of rape? Yet no-one ever stereotypes them as rich do-gooders. Funny that.

Post #: 28885
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/9/2013 7:26:23 PM   
sanchia

At the same time there are an awful lot who get found innocent of assault etc when there is overwhelming evidence against them (wasn't there one who left a footprint on someones face but was found not guilty). Generally the attitude of many footballers needs to alter away from the way it has gone since the 70's and those who are doing good work and are in fact role models need to make themselves more noticeable and to stamp out (forgive the pun) the bad sections. The reason no one stereotypes them as rich do gooders is because the most noticeable and vocal are the arrogant sexually aggressive thugs.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 2/9/2013 7:33:48 PM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 28886
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/9/2013 7:27:36 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

You know there are more footballers who've set up charities, ploughed money into communities, helped the underprivileged and generally used their wealth and fame for worthy causes than there are ones who've been convicted of rape? Yet no-one ever stereotypes them as rich do-gooders. Funny that.

SSN coverage of the "Bale saga" though is fucking ridiculous. Does anyone actually want to watch him enter a hospital for his medical, topless getting his medical, and then leaving again once the medical was complete. Also, do-gooders or rapists, you can't deny they're ridiculously overpaid.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 28887
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/9/2013 8:04:39 PM   
Hood_Man

And the worst headache I've ever had has finally subsided. Holy crap that was a painful few hours.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 28888
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/9/2013 8:12:01 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

Yeah, but stereotyping them as rich do-gooders just isn't as "amusing".

I just hate Frankie Lampard, although I'm sure the only thing he's ever been accused of raping is the world of children's literature.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 28889
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/9/2013 8:16:18 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

I just hate Frankie Lampard, although I'm sure the only thing he's ever been accused of raping is the world of children's literature.

Oh, has he written a book?

Post #: 28890
Page:   <<   < prev  961 962 [963] 964 965   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  961 962 [963] 964 965   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI