Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  960 961 [962] 963 964   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/8/2013 1:21:19 PM   
horribleives

When I found out Gandolfini had died I spent all day picturing that shot at the end when he's sitting on the tree stump.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 28831
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/8/2013 4:13:37 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

I'm still gutted about what happened.

It would have been a perfect season of television had it not been for that dream episode with Annette Benning.

Last episode of season 4 remains my favourite so far. Now onto season 6...

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 28832
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/8/2013 7:06:19 AM   
sanchia

Is Taylor Swift a giant or is Bruno Mars a teeny tiny chap?

< Message edited by sanchia -- 27/8/2013 7:07:06 AM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 28833
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/8/2013 9:06:41 AM   
elab49

From Google, Mars is about Cruise's real looking height (sans lifts and high heels - all Jack Reacher of him) - about 5!5" according to Google. He's a man so it's maybe an inch shorter or so.

Swift 5!10". Looks much more so there's maybe a perspective thing in there as well?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28834
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/8/2013 4:01:49 PM   
jcthefirst

I'm doing the Build a Burger BIG LAD challenge later today. It's 2 pounds worth of burger in a Belfast Bap.

(for those of you who don't know what a Belfast Bap is...it's basically a massive fuck off bap)

It's been nice knowing you all.

[that's not me in the picture by the way]

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28835
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/8/2013 4:07:00 PM   
Hood_Man

No wonder you're pissed off about those slim fit trousers.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28836
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/8/2013 4:12:15 PM   
jcthefirst

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28837
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/8/2013 5:04:03 PM   
MonsterCat

That's not a burger, that's essentially heart disease in a bun.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28838
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/8/2013 6:27:06 PM   
Scott_

My legs hurt...

Ok, I got a bike today in my quest to not be such a lard arse and now my legs feel like they might fall off. Does that mean I'm doing it right?

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28839
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/8/2013 10:54:44 PM   
jcthefirst

Survived.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 28840
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 12:00:15 AM   
rawlinson

Following all the fake outrage of the last few days, I'm hoping Miley Cyrus gets cast as Catwoman.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28841
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 1:44:11 AM   
MonsterCat

On a related note, I hope that in the next Bond film they completely do away with the gun barrel and have Daniel Craig blowing a horse.

Private Hudson's strop alone would be seismic.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 28842
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 1:55:58 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

On a related note, I hope that in the next Bond film they completely do away with the gun barrel and have Daniel Craig blowing a horse.

Private Hudson's strop alone would be seismic.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28843
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 3:37:13 AM   
horribleives

I know the general consensus on Boardwalk Empire is that it isn't quite as good as The Sopranos but I've just started ploughing through series 3 and episode 4 was just about the most brilliantly Sopranos-esque hour of television I've seen in a long while...

SPOILERS FOR SERIES 3, EPISODE 4 OF BOARDWALK EMPIRE

...Nucky doing that managed to both shock me to my core and be depressingly inevitable.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28844
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 3:52:59 AM   
horribleives

Oh, and there's a bloody mouse running around the living room. I think. It's a bit dark and I can't be arsed to turn the light on but I've just seen a weird, lightning quick shadow scale the wall and the creepy noise coming from behind the telly is identical to the one from six months ago when we last had a visit from one of the little furry fellas. Took me four hours to get rid of that fucker.
I'm so tempted to just run upstairs to bed and go to sleep on the off-chance I've just dreamt this whole scenario but I just know I'll have to wake up tomorrow and deal with it. Having said that sometimes they just turn up and vanish never to be seen again for months, don't they? Don't they? Oh bugger it, I'll just have a glass of wine and see what happens.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 28845
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 8:56:06 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Survived.

Is there an after picture of the burger, how much did you eat?

I always thought I could do a man v food challenge no problem until I got served the biggest portion of steak pie ever on Saturday in a restaurant and struggled to eat it. Felt terrible afterwards too.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28846
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 9:13:10 AM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Oh, and there's a bloody mouse running around the living room. I think. It's a bit dark and I can't be arsed to turn the light on but I've just seen a weird, lightning quick shadow scale the wall and the creepy noise coming from behind the telly is identical to the one from six months ago when we last had a visit from one of the little furry fellas. Took me four hours to get rid of that fucker.
I'm so tempted to just run upstairs to bed and go to sleep on the off-chance I've just dreamt this whole scenario but I just know I'll have to wake up tomorrow and deal with it. Having said that sometimes they just turn up and vanish never to be seen again for months, don't they? Don't they? Oh bugger it, I'll just have a glass of wine and see what happens.

We've got a mouse (mice more likely). We had droppings in one cupboard for a little while but none anywhere else, then we had an electrician in who must have disturbed it/them and we've had droppings in the kitchen. Then yesterday I saw it in the lounge and then it ran into the downstairs toilet. We've had mice before and it seems the downstairs toilet is their entrance into the house. The worst thing is I'm petrified of them so when I saw it I screamed like an idiot . I don't mind pet mice but wild ones in the city just scare the shit out of me. So I didn't sleep too well last night and I'm hoping the poison I buy today sorts it out.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 28847
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 9:31:47 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

We've got a mouse (mice more likely). We had droppings in one cupboard for a little while but none anywhere else, then we had an electrician in who must have disturbed it/them and we've had droppings in the kitchen. Then yesterday I saw it in the lounge and then it ran into the downstairs toilet. We've had mice before and it seems the downstairs toilet is their entrance into the house. The worst thing is I'm petrified of them so when I saw it I screamed like an idiot . I don't mind pet mice but wild ones in the city just scare the shit out of me. So I didn't sleep too well last night and I'm hoping the poison I buy today sorts it out.

The blue or pink pasta stuff works a treat.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 28848
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 9:47:29 AM   
Rinc

I'll bear that in mind, thanks.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28849
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 10:45:10 AM   
Chief

Get a cat.

My current pest problem is a wasps nest in my garden. I think it's in my hedge but it may be in next doors garden behind their shed. The council want 52.50 to come and deal with it but I'm thinking my home made napalm (polystyrene/petrol combo) will do just as good a job.

< Message edited by Chief -- 28/8/2013 12:21:01 PM >

Post #: 28850
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 11:08:43 AM   
matty_b

And failing that, just punch them?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28851
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 11:33:24 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Get a cat.

My current pest problem is a wasps nest in my garden. I think it's in my hedge but it may be in next doors garden behind their shed. The council want 52.50 to come and deal with it but I'm thinking my home mad napalm (polystyrene/petrol combo) will do just as good a job.

And that's what happens when they run down council tax.

Our council used to come out for free - I've had a mouse problem and a wasp nest. Now it's an entire rigmarole about it. So Salmond can stuff his council tax freeze crap - it's like he thinks we're too dumb to realise it's a real time loss of services.

quote:

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28852
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 12:22:18 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

And failing that, just punch them?

Hmm, that may have been an option if I hadn't been stung the other night and reminded how sore it is. I ran in the house holding my hand like I'd been shot.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28853
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 12:28:30 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

Get a cat.

My current pest problem is a wasps nest in my garden. I think it's in my hedge but it may be in next doors garden behind their shed. The council want 52.50 to come and deal with it but I'm thinking my home mad napalm (polystyrene/petrol combo) will do just as good a job.

Our council used to come out for free - I've had a mouse problem and a wasp nest. Now it's an entire rigmarole about it. So Salmond can stuff his council tax freeze crap - it's like he thinks we're too dumb to realise it's a real time loss of services.

I thought it was free so I phoned them and was told otherwise. They also said that if they came out and it turned out it was in next door's garden then they wouldn't touch it.

It's in a really awkward place that, without getting too close, is pretty hard to pinpoint. I'm a bit hesitant of getting too close and having a good look as there loads of the wee buggers flying about. I was on that high alert the other night I was jumping away from floating dandelion seeds.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28854
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 1:02:32 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

Survived.

Is there an after picture of the burger, how much did you eat?

I always thought I could do a man v food challenge no problem until I got served the biggest portion of steak pie ever on Saturday in a restaurant and struggled to eat it. Felt terrible afterwards too.

I ate about two thirds before I couldn't handle any more meat in my mouth. None of the four of us managed the whole thing.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28855
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 1:19:25 PM   
Chief

quote:

I couldn't handle any more meat in my mouth.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28856
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 1:23:21 PM   
jcthefirst

Almost like I set that up.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28857
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 1:25:38 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

Get a cat.

I thought it was free so I phoned them and was told otherwise. They also said that if they came out and it turned out it was in next door's garden then they wouldn't touch it.

It's in a really awkward place that, without getting too close, is pretty hard to pinpoint. I'm a bit hesitant of getting too close and having a good look as there loads of the wee buggers flying about. I was on that high alert the other night I was jumping away from floating dandelion seeds.

Get drunk and wade in there, you won't notice the stings.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28858
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 2:28:50 PM   
matty_b

"lessons from an Indian lesbian wedding" is my favourite spam title so far.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 28859
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/8/2013 4:18:45 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

I know the general consensus on Boardwalk Empire is that it isn't quite as good as The Sopranos but I've just started ploughing through series 3 and episode 4 was just about the most brilliantly Sopranos-esque hour of television I've seen in a long while...

SPOILERS FOR SERIES 3, EPISODE 4 OF BOARDWALK EMPIRE

...Nucky doing that managed to both shock me to my core and be depressingly inevitable.

I've been having a mass catch up before the new season starts and yes, I was shocked as well. I really like BE.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 28860
Page:   <<   < prev  960 961 [962] 963 964   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  960 961 [962] 963 964   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI