Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  958 959 [960] 961 962   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 6:47:56 PM   
UTB

I utterly adore beer (and Bourbon) and getting mildly shitfaced. If it didn't come with all the calories and health problems it does, I'd have it every day. I don't, of course.

Though I also love tea. And coffee. Lots of it.

< Message edited by UTB -- 20/8/2013 6:50:41 PM >

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 28771
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 11:26:59 PM   
Hood_Man

You know when you watch one youtube video, which leads to another, then another, then another, and eventually you end up on seemingly opposite ends of the youtube spectrum (or something)?

I've gone from a video of a group of circus lions attacking their trainer, to eventually a video of a young woman petting her dog while it's put to sleep.

I've felt every emotion possible in the last hour

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 28772
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/8/2013 2:21:59 PM   
Hood_Man

I just lost the game.

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 22/8/2013 12:26:19 AM >

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28773
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/8/2013 9:54:27 PM   
SWOTBM

I recently started working at this new office and there is a really bubbly (and very attractive I might add) woman working there; but I noticed today that on two occasions touched my arm and shoulder, and even hugged me at one point (after I offered to give her my notes). Is such behaviour appropriate?

Btw, I don't mind it , but I was just a little surprised by it is all. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28774
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 12:23:17 AM   
Sumintelligentguy

Maybe you're about to engage in an emotional affair.

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 28775
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 12:41:42 AM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

I recently started working at this new office and there is a really bubbly (and very attractive I might add) woman working there; but I noticed today that on two occasions touched my arm and shoulder, and even hugged me at one point (after I offered to give her my notes). Is such behaviour appropriate?

Btw, I don't mind it , but I was just a little surprised by it is all. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Not for a while.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 28776
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 12:49:13 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Depends on your definition of appropriate beahvior, I guess.

Personally speaking, I have this neurotic thing about people I hardly know getting overly-familiar. It bothers when people engage with me in the way you just described. I know it shouldn't bother me but it does.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 22/8/2013 12:50:31 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 28777
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 8:39:05 AM   
Chief

quote:

Does she do it to other people or just you? Some people are just like that but if all her attention is directed at you then she might be into you. Or she thinks you're simple and is trying some sensory therapy on you.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 28778
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 8:53:36 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Depends on your definition of appropriate beahvior, I guess.

Personally speaking, I have this neurotic thing about people I hardly know getting overly-familiar. It bothers when people engage with me in the way you just described. I know it shouldn't bother me but it does.

I'm with MC on this. My personal space is exactly that with people I don't know that well (and with some people I do know well!!). I would find it really odd if any of my work colleagues did it.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28779
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 8:58:05 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

Not for a while.

Can somebody please find Matty and give him a hug?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28780
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 9:17:36 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

Not for a while.

Not after what happened last time.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28781
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 9:47:24 AM   
jonson

quote:

I have a client who is possibly the campest man alive. He is married to another bloke who makes Larry Grayson look like Chuck Norris.
Ever since I first met them, they touch me all the time On the arm, the shoulder, the hand, the back, not the cock yet but it's probably only matter of time
I'm not slightly bothered by it, it's just a friendly gesture but I would have thought some people might find it too personal.
I don't find it inappropriate but I imagine a lot of people would. Certainly if they weren't gay but did the same thing to a woman, it may seem a bit wrong.
I don't know what difference it makes that they are gay and I am male, but to be truthful, if I thought they looked at my arse when I bent over and got a twitch in the pants, I'd probably be quite flattered.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 28782
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 10:51:46 AM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not for a while.

Not after what happened last time.

Hey, I gave you a tissue to clear up afterwards.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 28783
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 2:55:34 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Looks like I'll be getting my first visit to Scotchland in Sept!! To visit the offices in Livingston and Dunfermline (don't like the look of that bridge I'll need to cross!!)

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28784
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 3:36:54 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Looks like I'll be getting my first visit to Scotchland in Sept!! To visit the offices in Livingston and Dunfermline (don't like the look of that bridge I'll need to cross!!)

Have you never been up here before? And wasn't it the Livingstone office you had pics of with bits falling off last snow?

Are there offices over the west of the country too?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 28785
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 3:54:00 PM   
steffols

quote:

Ooh my neck of the woods! Those Livi offices are amazing. I went for an interview there once and I know a couple of people who work there. Also about 10 minutes away from my hometown, drop in and say hello to my parents!

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

Post #: 28786
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 4:20:38 PM   
Chief

quote:

2 minutes from both my house and work. I cycle past it everyday. I'll hold a sign up when you're there.

Or moon it.

< Message edited by Chief -- 22/8/2013 4:21:02 PM >

Post #: 28787
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 4:36:50 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

quote:

Have you never been up here before? And wasn't it the Livingstone office you had pics of with bits falling off last snow?

Nope, never been across the border

It was the Livingston office that I had pics of but a colleague had sent them to me. We've also got offices just outside Glasgow.

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols
drop in and say hello to my parents!

I'll just knock on the door and announce I know Steffols

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28788
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 4:38:41 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

2 minutes from both my house and work. I cycle past it everyday. I'll hold a sign up when you're there.

Or moon it.

I'll look out for you! Keep an ear out for someone shouting "Chief" really loudly!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28789
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 4:49:22 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope, never been across the border

It was the Livingston office that I had pics of but a colleague had sent them to me. We've also got offices just outside Glasgow.

I realise now that sounds odd, but I meant more to express surprise the office was still in one piece!

quote:

Post #: 28790
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 8:12:35 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

quote:

Does she do it to other people or just you? Some people are just like that but if all her attention is directed at you then she might be into you. Or she thinks you're simple and is trying some sensory therapy on you.

I only really noticed it yesterday, but I am going to see if she does it to everyone else as well- she is certainly very outgoing with everyone. As I said, it doesn't bother me; I was just surprised. If she is into me, which I doubt, I would want to avoid an office romance; I actually quite like this new job.

Thanks for the advice/opinions everyone else

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28791
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/8/2013 9:48:02 PM   
sanchia

My new winter weight suit arrived today. Now I want the weather to change so I can wear it.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 28792
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/8/2013 8:56:04 AM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

quote:

I only really noticed it yesterday, but I am going to see if she does it to everyone else as well- she is certainly very outgoing with everyone. As I said, it doesn't bother me; I was just surprised. If she is into me, which I doubt, I would want to avoid an office romance; I actually quite like this new job.

Just FYI, I ended up marrying mine so you never know!

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 28793
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/8/2013 9:06:01 AM   
UTB

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just FYI, I ended up marrying mine so you never know!

Me too. Well, not married. But we have a house and a dog together. That's pretty much married, I think.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28794
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/8/2013 3:38:12 PM   
rawlinson

I love the person who decided Affleck should be the next Batman. The meltdown has been entertaining me all day.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 28795
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/8/2013 3:46:46 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

I love the person who decided Affleck should be the next Batman. The meltdown has been entertaining me all day.

Hugely amusing isn't it? I think it's hilarious. But most of what I've seen is more of the 'I'm above this' type comment. At least I legitimately don't give a toss about the films - I didn't even bother going to the cinema to see Man of Steel. So I happily gave my 2 cents on Affleck generally.

quote:

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 28796
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/8/2013 4:35:33 PM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Hugely amusing isn't it? I think it's hilarious. But most of what I've seen is more of the 'I'm above this' type comment. At least I legitimately don't give a toss about the films - I didn't even bother going to the cinema to see Man of Steel. So I happily gave my 2 cents on Affleck generally.

Kind of ironic given the content of this very post!?

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28797
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/8/2013 4:47:09 PM   
elab49

That isn't remotely what I mean. I'm talking about the people slamming those complaining and the way they've been doing it.

I'm not above it because I'm not part giving a toss about the film - I'm off somewhere to the side, just a random film fan who doesn't think Affleck's much of an actor.

quote:

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 28798
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/8/2013 6:21:19 PM   
sanchia

The Racoons on LOVEFILM Instant. There goes another wasted Friday night .

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28799
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/8/2013 6:32:04 PM   
Shifty Bench

Ha, yeah. Two series as well. I Tweeted them a few weeks ago asking if they could get more 80s cartoons and they said, they'd try. You're welcome

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28800
Page:   <<   < prev  958 959 [960] 961 962   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  958 959 [960] 961 962   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI