Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  957 958 [959] 960 961   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 7:48:59 AM   
impqueen

The new puppy is a nutter, a tiny ball of crazy.

Yes, always.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 28741
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 7:50:28 AM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

Announced today via Facebook I was attempting sobriety for the first time in at least 4 years. Actually quite excited to try it, hoping that I might make it back on the right track and get my life in order

I hope it goes well

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

Post #: 28742
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 8:21:30 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

quote:

Announced today via Facebook I was attempting sobriety for the first time in at least 4 years. Actually quite excited to try it, hoping that I might make it back on the right track and get my life in order

I hope it goes well

Thanks It's not like I was a full-blown alcoholic or anything, I'm just sick of it all and I'd like a change. I'm glad I'm only giving up drinking and weed however. I'm stoked I never took up smoking cigarettes mainly so I never have to deal with going cold turkey

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 19/8/2013 8:22:02 AM >

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 28743
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 9:17:22 AM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hope it goes well

Thanks It's not like I was a full-blown alcoholic or anything, I'm just sick of it all and I'd like a change. I'm glad I'm only giving up drinking and weed however. I'm stoked I never took up smoking cigarettes mainly so I never have to deal with going cold turkey

Are you using anything as a target? Like a massive treat for yourself with the money you save?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 28744
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 9:20:53 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Are you using anything as a target? Like a massive treat for yourself with the money you save?

I've got my 21st next year in April as a date when I might have a drink again. As for a treat, not quite sure yet I'll think of something soon me thinks.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28745
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 9:34:04 AM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

I've got my 21st next year in April as a date when I might have a drink again. As for a treat, not quite sure yet I'll think of something soon me thinks.

Ackk! You're all so damn young!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 28746
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 9:44:45 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ackk! You're all so damn young!

I think I'm probably one of the youngest around these parts.. I think.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28747
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 4:22:39 PM   
jonson

I get a text this morning from a friend who said he'd captured a rabbit that had been hopping around his garden.
Thinking it may have escaped from someone's house, he put it in a box. After describing it to me (down the phone) it was clear it was a wild rabbit with Myxamatosis, so I advised that he put it out of it's misery (there are a lot of rabbits with Myxi around the village where I live)
I'll say now that I am not capable of doing anything like that, as much as I know it's the right thing to do. I just can't bring myself to do it.
Anyway, he called me an hour later and said he'd managed to kill it.
How?
By drowning the fucker.
Hitting it with a shovel, putting it in a bag and smacking it against a wall, cutting its head off with a spade. I would say, although cruel, all of those are better than letting it wander off to die a slow painful death.
But drowning it?
He's lost me there.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 28748
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 4:33:09 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I get a text this morning from a friend who said he'd captured a rabbit that had been hopping around his garden.
Thinking it may have escaped from someone's house, he put it in a box. After describing it to me (down the phone) it was clear it was a wild rabbit with Myxamatosis, so I advised that he put it out of it's misery (there are a lot of rabbits with Myxi around the village where I live)
I'll say now that I am not capable of doing anything like that, as much as I know it's the right thing to do. I just can't bring myself to do it.
How?
By drowning the fucker.
Hitting it with a shovel, putting it in a bag and smacking it against a wall, cutting its head off with a spade. I would say, although cruel, all of those are better than letting it wander off to die a slow painful death.
But drowning it?
He's lost me there.

I've had to kill so many of God's creatures thanks to my cats bringing them into the house, half dead with bite holes in them. Not pleasant, but I've found putting them in a carrier bag first makes it easier for me to stomp on them.

Reminds me of a documentary about the Nazi gas chambers to be honest...

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 28749
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 4:59:17 PM   
Chief

Reminds me of a couple of times I've had to deal with the cat's gifts.

Once in the middle of the night I heard the cat charging about the house so I investigated and found he had a mouse. It look pretty fucked, but still alive. I thought I'd put it out it's misery by drowning it (I was half asleep) so I grabbed it in a fist and stuck my hand down the toilet (remember, I was still half asleep...). Then I realised that was stupid so I put it outside on the step. Then I thought it would freeze because it was a Winter night and it was soaking wet, so I smashed it with a shoe.

Another time my cat had wounded one so I took it outside to put it out it's misery. I put it on a wall and, not having anything heavy to hand, started punching it to death. Nice time to meet my new neighbour. I said hi, she screamed. Why I never just took of my shoe or something I'll never know.

So yeah, I don't make the best choices when dealing with half dead rodents.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 28750
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 5:05:48 PM   
jonson

You sick fuckers.
I've took the top off my Henry hoover before to rescue a spider I'd accidentally sucked up.
And here's you punching mice to death!! (I can imagine the look on the neighbours face. For some reason I imagine you doing it in a dirty vest with a fag hanging out the corner of your mouth )

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28751
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 5:31:46 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: impqueen

The new puppy is a nutter, a tiny ball of crazy.

Don't tease us, show us your growler!

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2600074&mpage=4&key=growler&NID=0#3628386

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 28752
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/8/2013 7:29:10 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Reminds me of a couple of times I've had to deal with the cat's gifts.

Once in the middle of the night I heard the cat charging about the house so I investigated and found he had a mouse. It look pretty fucked, but still alive. I thought I'd put it out it's misery by drowning it (I was half asleep) so I grabbed it in a fist and stuck my hand down the toilet (remember, I was still half asleep...). Then I realised that was stupid so I put it outside on the step. Then I thought it would freeze because it was a Winter night and it was soaking wet, so I smashed it with a shoe.

Another time my cat had wounded one so I took it outside to put it out it's misery. I put it on a wall and, not having anything heavy to hand, started punching it to death. Nice time to meet my new neighbour. I said hi, she screamed. Why I never just took of my shoe or something I'll never know.

So yeah, I don't make the best choices when dealing with half dead rodents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc27qmMQpBQ

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28753
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 9:05:19 AM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

How?
By drowning the fucker.
But drowning it?
He's lost me there.

Oh that's horrible.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 28754
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 1:06:20 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hope it goes well

I find it odd (and I'm not judging anyone for doing this btw) that people who, whenever they fancy refreshment, would go straight for a beer rather than just have some water/juice/tea. A lot of my chums would be like this. When I go around to their house they're all just casually drinking beer as often as I would have a cup of tea.*

I have the odd beer/cider in my own house some nights but it could be as little as once a fortnight. And I go to the pub with my mates maybe once every month. I don't know how people do it everyday/every other day.

Again, not judging, I just find it strange.

*I drink a lot of tea.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 28755
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 1:18:51 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

quote:

I hope it goes well

I find it odd (and I'm not judging anyone for doing this btw) that people who, whenever they fancy refreshment, would go straight for a beer rather than just have some water/juice/tea. A lot of my chums would be like this. When I go around to their house they're all just casually drinking beer as often as I would have a cup of tea.*

I have the odd beer/cider in my own house some nights but it could be as little as once a fortnight. And I go to the pub with my mates maybe once every month. I don't know how people do it everyday/every other day.

Again, not judging, I just find it strange.

*I drink a lot of tea.

Maybe it's because beer tastes lush?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28756
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 1:20:33 PM   
jcthefirst

But so does tea.

And it's cheaper.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 28757
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 1:23:35 PM   
horribleives

quote:

But so does tea.

And it's cheaper.

Well that's where we differ - I can't stand tea, can live without coffee, and juice or water don't make me feel half as manly as a bottle of Peroni.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28758
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 1:38:30 PM   
Chief

I'll never understand how people think that tea quenches a thirst.

If I didn't have responsibilities I'd be such a booze bag.

< Message edited by Chief -- 20/8/2013 1:40:37 PM >

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 28759
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 1:44:23 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

I'll never understand how people think that tea quenches a thirst.

Does mine

I'm with jc on this. Someone asks me if I want a drink, tea is always first choice (unless I am in a pub on a night out) Round someone's house? Tea more than likely!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28760
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 1:45:34 PM   
jcthefirst

Guess it's just me then. I'd rarely choose beer (or any kind of alcohol) given the choice.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28761
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 1:49:10 PM   
Chief

quote:

Guess it's just me then. I'd rarely choose beer (or any kind of alcohol) given the choice.

Clearly not, there's another freak above you!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28762
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 1:50:37 PM   
jcthefirst

Ah, excellent.

Cheers Hobbs.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28763
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 2:00:58 PM   
Chief

You two must really need a cuppa after dragging your little tartan trolley down to pick up your pension. Maybe take your duffel coat off the next time.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 28764
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 2:05:31 PM   
horribleives

I dread to think what might happen if one of them really let their hair down and had a jam scone on the side.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28765
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 2:20:24 PM   
Chief

Chaos in the Post Office.

< Message edited by Chief -- 20/8/2013 4:46:32 PM >

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 28766
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 4:44:54 PM   
jcthefirst

Fuck off, you alcos.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28767
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 5:10:25 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

quote:

Clearly not, there's another freak above you!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28768
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 5:50:07 PM   
sanchia

I get the impression this is part of the Uniform.

Personally i find neither alcohol nor hot drinks refreshing or thirst quenching.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 28769
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/8/2013 6:18:45 PM   
Shifty Bench

I don't drink alcohol and I like a nice warm cup of tea on a cold Winter's day. Or Tomato soup.

I am a juice drinker all the way. (or sometimes milk)

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28770
Page:   <<   < prev  957 958 [959] 960 961   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  957 958 [959] 960 961   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI