Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  955 956 [957] 958 959   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/8/2013 10:19:13 PM   
Sway

Thanks for all the input guys. Always good to hear outside perspectives.

I'm off on holiday from work for the next while, so I'll be fine after today really, I just wondered if I was being silly to feel upset about it. I think what it keeps coming back to for me, is that my friend clearly knew I'd be upset about it and then got annoyed that I was. Anyway, I'll get over it!

Ah yeah, the person making comments about my recovery isn't particularly well received in work in general, so I'm trying not to pay attention to what she was saying, but one of my biggest concerns at the moment especially related to work, is that people think I'm taking the piss about how tired I can still get. I hate the thought of anybody thinking I'm using it as an excuse or milking it. And of course I'm already frustrated that I'm not 100% yet because I'm still limited in partaking in some activities outside of work - so I don't need somebody else making me feel worse about it all.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 28681
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/8/2013 7:13:47 AM   
sanchia

Blimey, that is quite a makeover for Zooey Deschanel.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28682
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/8/2013 8:39:18 AM   
Rebenectomy

Ho lee fook, I know around the age of five there's a definite shift of affection/interest with regards to sons and their mothers, with iattention focussing more on daddy, but there's nothing quite like an autistic child to drive the message home with all the sensitivity of medieval root canal. Last night I was told in no uncertain terms by my boy that he was growing up (he's 4 btw) and he no longer needed me (he later conceeded that I could still help life heavy things and reach high things), then this morning I was told that I wasn't as cool as daddy and my clothes are rubbish.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28683
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/8/2013 9:02:31 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

Ho lee fook, I know around the age of five there's a definite shift of affection/interest with regards to sons and their mothers, with iattention focussing more on daddy, but there's nothing quite like an autistic child to drive the message home with all the sensitivity of medieval root canal. Last night I was told in no uncertain terms by my boy that he was growing up (he's 4 btw) and he no longer needed me (he later conceeded that I could still help life heavy things and reach high things), then this morning I was told that I wasn't as cool as daddy and my clothes are rubbish.

Stop feeding him. He'll soon change his tune.

I get the same from my 4.5 year old daughter, she thinks I'm a total prick.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 28684
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/8/2013 10:28:46 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Its a sad day when I cant fit into my favorite T-Shirt any more.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28685
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/8/2013 11:12:28 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

What does it say about me as a person when I cruise the 'soap section' of digital spy just so I can spoil future plots for my wife?....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 28686
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/8/2013 11:14:21 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

She has a good instinct about people then, that should be applauded.....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28687
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/8/2013 12:03:51 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

quote:

She has a good instinct about people then, that should be applauded.....

I've typed and deleted a few responses to this but, to be honest, there's just no point in denying it. She's bang on.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 28688
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/8/2013 1:13:55 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

What does it say about me as a person when I cruise the 'soap section' of digital spy just so I can spoil future plots for my wife?....

That's Chief's easiest response would be 'takes one to know one'?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 28689
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/8/2013 1:14:25 PM   
matty_b

- to most of the above.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28690
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/8/2013 3:29:41 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

quote:

I opted for a home haircut revenge instead. He now looks like an extra from the original Blackadder series.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28691
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/8/2013 7:23:22 PM   
impqueen

I broke my left little toe this morning, itís not supposed to affect my walk but for some reason Iím walking like an utter twat.

Yes, always.

Post #: 28692
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/8/2013 9:34:51 AM   
Hood_Man

Just remembered it's 4 years today my Aunt died. Doesn't feel like it's been that long to be honest, but in a months time it'll be 6 years since my Dad died as well.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 28693
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/8/2013 10:12:50 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

quote:

I opted for a home haircut revenge instead. He now looks like an extra from the original Blackadder series.

Ha - spotted that pic on Farsebook. Cruel but fair I thought

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 28694
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/8/2013 11:26:49 AM   
elab49

Bemused by BBC misreporting on the Winfrey thing. They open the piece with 'refused to be served' and 'bags'.

The full Winfrey video - she was served and shown several bags, at issue was one particular very expensive bag. Winfrey says she didn't 'have her lashes on' which suggests dressing down. Depending on how much - was this racism? Or was it just posh shop snobery, which happens irrespective of race. Not saying it wasn't - but the BBC are saying something in their summary which is the opposite of what is actually being said on that video.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 28695
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/8/2013 11:35:42 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Just remembered it's 4 years today my Aunt died. Doesn't feel like it's been that long to be honest, but in a months time it'll be 6 years since my Dad died as well.

It doesn't get any easier either does it? 3 years for my Mum and 7 years for my Dad.
That said, I spend half an hour a week tending their grave at the local church (200 yards from my house) which makes it a lot easier. My sister never visits it, she prefers to remember them in her own way. I have to talk to them in the church yard. Different ways for different people I guess.
Although sometimes, when I have something funny (normally about the kids) to tell them, I sit and laugh. Once a little old lady walked down the side of the church and looked over as I was throwing my head back to guffaw at something. I bet she was thinking I was counting my inheritance, rotten bastard

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28696
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/8/2013 12:25:09 AM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

It doesn't get any easier either does it? 3 years for my Mum and 7 years for my Dad.
That said, I spend half an hour a week tending their grave at the local church (200 yards from my house) which makes it a lot easier. My sister never visits it, she prefers to remember them in her own way. I have to talk to them in the church yard. Different ways for different people I guess.
Although sometimes, when I have something funny (normally about the kids) to tell them, I sit and laugh. Once a little old lady walked down the side of the church and looked over as I was throwing my head back to guffaw at something. I bet she was thinking I was counting my inheritance, rotten bastard

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 28697
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/8/2013 1:48:55 AM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Bemused by BBC misreporting on the Winfrey thing. They open the piece with 'refused to be served' and 'bags'.

The full Winfrey video - she was served and shown several bags, at issue was one particular very expensive bag. Winfrey says she didn't 'have her lashes on' which suggests dressing down. Depending on how much - was this racism? Or was it just posh shop snobery, which happens irrespective of race. Not saying it wasn't - but the BBC are saying something in their summary which is the opposite of what is actually being said on that video.

The handbag in question apparently cost just short of twenty five thousand pounds.

Thats £25,000 for a bit of stitched-up leather.

I don't care if you're buying or selling, if you're willing to do that when so many people are in such hardship all around the world then, quite frankly, you can just FOAD. Regardless of what race you are. 

< Message edited by Mister Coe -- 10/8/2013 1:49:54 AM >

Say what now?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28698
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/8/2013 2:06:34 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

I wouldn't know what to say to a gravestone, I'd probably start off by saying "A'right, how's things?" and then feeling like an idiot

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 28699
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/8/2013 10:49:12 AM   
UTB

When I used to live in Finland I was amazed at the graveyards there - burying relatives in graves was much more common than cremations that we have. My ex even had her own plot, where she will one day be buried alongside the rest of the family. They'd go and tend the grave of her mother on a monthly basis as well.

The yards were also immaculate, almost like parks, and strolling through them was an eerily pleasant experience. Best of all was in winter, with them all covered in snow, candles would be placed on top of the gravestones so you'd have hundreds of tiny lights shining in the dark. Beautiful stuff.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28700
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/8/2013 10:00:09 PM   
sanchia

I hadn't realised what happened when you pause a video on Youtube and then type 1980.

Also mead has more kick then I remember it having.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 28701
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/8/2013 11:17:12 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

After watching Mastermind, I think I need to give all of the Muppet films a rewatch.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28702
RE: What are you thinking......... - 11/8/2013 12:58:09 AM   
Shifty Bench

One of the subjects was Muppet films? To the iPlayer, I go!

EDIT: Wow, good for her, no wrong answers! I would have got one wrong if I'm being honest.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 11/8/2013 1:04:04 AM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 28703
RE: What are you thinking......... - 11/8/2013 2:22:57 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I got more wrong than I'd care to admit. It was only after I realised that I haven't seen The Great Muppet Caper since 1995.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 28704
RE: What are you thinking......... - 11/8/2013 9:01:48 AM   
sanchia

I hate when I wake up more tired than when I went to bed.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 28705
RE: What are you thinking......... - 11/8/2013 10:44:18 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

I will be so pissed off if the book I ordered from Amazon that I ordered last Monday doesn't arrive tomorrow. It normally takes them around 3 days to get something to me - what's gone wrong?!

I hate it when I have nothing to read.

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28706
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/8/2013 1:50:49 PM   
jcthefirst

It's so quiet here these days.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 28707
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/8/2013 1:55:09 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Ya. I wonder if there's a bare limit of posts per day/week before the plug gets pulled?

Single post "reviews" may be the only thing keeping the numbers up.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28708
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/8/2013 2:17:07 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

quote:

Ya. I wonder if there's a bare limit of posts per day/week before the plug gets pulled?

I've been thinking the same.

Just when I started posting (fairly) regularly again aswell

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28709
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/8/2013 2:18:56 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sumintelligentguy

quote:

quote:

I've been thinking the same.

Just when I started posting (fairly) regularly again aswell

Yeah, you ruined the forums.

Post #: 28710
Page:   <<   < prev  955 956 [957] 958 959   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  955 956 [957] 958 959   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI