Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  954 955 [956] 957 958   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 31/7/2013 5:48:10 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Never realised the first series of Magnum had a different theme tune. It was shit.

Jazz funk guitar and 1970's tinkly piano and horns.

It was rather awful.

Also, The Flash TV series is 20 years old.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 31/7/2013 7:23:08 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 28651
RE: What are you thinking......... - 31/7/2013 8:12:11 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Never realised the first series of Magnum had a different theme tune. It was shit.

For the first 11 episodes, yeah, then the theme we know and love debuted with episode 12.

I've been watching it on Netflix

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 28652
RE: What are you thinking......... - 31/7/2013 8:14:16 PM   
MovieAddict247

Hey Shifty, there's an update in the voices list that I think you and Gimli would like.

I'm thinking that all the trees look so beautifully green today - I think the rain washed them.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 28653
RE: What are you thinking......... - 31/7/2013 9:36:42 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

Jazz funk guitar and 1970's tinkly piano and horns.

It was rather awful.

Also, The Flash TV series is 20 years old.

Just listened to the first Magnum theme on youtbe. It's horrific,

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28654
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/8/2013 9:42:59 AM   
elab49

That is a very large ad on the forum - takes up half my laptop screen.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 28655
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/8/2013 10:16:39 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

For the first 11 episodes, yeah, then the theme we know and love debuted with episode 12.

Been watching it (and Kojak) on ITV4 when I've been off. Everyone just seems to remember his shirts but it's actually quite witty.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 28656
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/8/2013 10:21:36 AM   
matty_b

I never realised it was quite voiceover heavy and there are moments when they break the fourth wall.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 28657
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/8/2013 10:23:44 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

I never realised it was quite voiceover heavy and there are moments when they break the fourth wall.

Aye, I couldn't remember the little glances to camera at all. He did it in the final freeze-frame yesterday and it was priceless.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28658
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/8/2013 5:21:06 PM   
sanchia

I believe i have seen a future contender for the Darwin Award. A cyclist came flying down a pedestrianised street straight out in front of a car. The driver applied the brakes and sounded the horn only for the cyclist to raise a middle finger at him and speed away without even pausing.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 28659
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/8/2013 7:54:26 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

quote:

Been watching it (and Kojak) on ITV4 when I've been off. Everyone just seems to remember his shirts but it's actually quite witty.

Yeah, it's a good show, quite well written. It is actually seen by many as a show that never 'jumped the shark' and it kept the four main cast members throughout its entire 8 season run. Never lost any, never added any which is unusual for a US show that lasts that long. And Tom Selleck is cool as Magnum, witty, charming but also a bit of a chump sometimes.He is not the perfect hero but he gets the job done. A lot of the humour from other characters, especially Higgins, comes at Magnum's expense. It is certainly a show that requires re-visiting.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 1/8/2013 7:55:15 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 28660
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/8/2013 8:38:26 AM   
Chief

I really should have put that seagull out it's misery this morning. Didn't have gloves on though so I left it.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28661
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/8/2013 1:16:09 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I really should have put that seagull out it's misery this morning. Didn't have gloves on though so I left it.

So you left a seagull to die a horrible death because it wasn't wearing gloves? Harsh.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28662
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/8/2013 1:34:38 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

So you left a seagull to die a horrible death because it wasn't wearing gloves? Harsh.

That is all.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 28663
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/8/2013 4:10:37 PM   
Ref

Two job offers, so I hope I've gone for the right one. As last time this happened I chose...poorly.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28664
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/8/2013 9:55:56 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, it's a good show, quite well written. It is actually seen by many as a show that never 'jumped the shark' and it kept the four main cast members throughout its entire 8 season run. Never lost any, never added any which is unusual for a US show that lasts that long. And Tom Selleck is cool as Magnum, witty, charming but also a bit of a chump sometimes.He is not the perfect hero but he gets the job done. A lot of the humour from other characters, especially Higgins, comes at Magnum's expense. It is certainly a show that requires re-visiting.

I'm quite looking forward to the Did You See The Sunrise? episode. Can't remember it much from when I was a bairn but after reading up about the show online it seems to have been quite controversial at the time.

Post #: 28665
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/8/2013 10:12:34 PM   
MovieAddict247

Oh god, I forgot how much I missed watching Sherlock until watching the reruns. Rupert Graves should be in more things.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

Post #: 28666
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/8/2013 8:07:20 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Why do some people get het up about their partners keeping mementos of their life before they hooked up with each other?

We're moving house soon so I've been up in the attic going through my old junk. Among the stuff I found were pictures of me with old girlfriends. Most of the pictures have us within the group of friends I had at the time so it's nice to have something to remember those times by but my wife has gone into a right huff about it. I mean, I'm not ever going to be sorry that I had an enjoyable life before I met my wife and me getting rid of the photos just point blank isn't happening. I just can't understand that type of mind-set to be honest.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 28667
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/8/2013 8:28:03 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Why do some people get het up about their partners keeping mementos of their life before they hooked up with each other?

We're moving house soon so I've been up in the attic going through my old junk. Among the stuff I found were pictures of me with old girlfriends. Most of the pictures have us within the group of friends I had at the time so it's nice to have something to remember those times by but my wife has gone into a right huff about it. I mean, I'm not ever going to be sorry that I had an enjoyable life before I met my wife and me getting rid of the photos just point blank isn't happening. I just can't understand that type of mind-set to be honest.

I can't either. Luckily neither I nor the Mrs care about that sort of thing. Her dad even has a photo of her wedding to her ex-husband on the wall, simply because its a nice photo of her and her family all together (mother has since passed away), and I know this, which is why it doesn't bother me.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 28668
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/8/2013 1:21:00 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

I had a similar problem with an ex-girlfriend.

I mean, I was wanking over the photos, but come-on it wasn't as if I was actually having sex with them. Silly cow.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 28669
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/8/2013 1:43:52 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
come-on

No no, after you, please.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28670
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/8/2013 1:25:03 PM   
kumar

My friends wont let me get over the beer goggles i had on friday night. Might have to do something equally as stupid to make them forget about it.... then i have to make them forget about that too......

Or i should get new friends.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28671
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/8/2013 2:21:45 PM   
horribleives

Is it wrong that while watching Flight all I kept thinking about Denzil Washington's character was 'this bloke's cool as fuck'?

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 28672
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/8/2013 2:07:58 PM   
Chief

In one news report:

2 deaths by cyanide
2 drowned in reservoir
2 eaten by python

Does nobody just die in their sleep now?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28673
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/8/2013 7:37:42 PM   
Sway

I work with a bunch of people who I consider friends as opposed to just workmates. One of my friends even joined my current work because I told him about the vacancy. We're also very socially active as a group together. Any social outings are usually attended by a lot of folk. And there's a core few of us who are usually always at any social events.

Anyway, went in to work this morning and asked my pal what he'd been up to last night after work, and he said he'd gone out and got smashed. I asked who he'd been with, thinking it was probably friends outside of work, but he'd been with somebody from work, who I admittedly don't know aswell. Fair enough, I thought. But then he mentioned everyone else who'd joined them .... all of them being friends within the particular core I was talking about. And so immediately I felt a little upset that nobody had thought to send me a text or call me, so I just made my feelings known by saying, in a half jokey tone, 'Oh well that's nice, thanks for the invite!', and he replied, 'I knew you'd react like that!'

So, he knew the fact I was left out of a social gathering of my friends would make me feel hurt and then gets angry when I confirm this.

I spoke to my flatmate earlier who thought I was overreacting by being upset, which made me feel annoyed. Am I being over dramatic about it?

The fact my friend said, 'I knew you'd react like that', makes it sound like I'm constantly being moany about being left out of things, which doesn't make sense since I've never been left out before! I would understand it if I was always whinging about not being invited to things, but that's never happened.

That combined with another workmate saying she doesn't understand why I'm not better yet as somebody she knows has had X amount of operations and was running again in 6 weeks, or somebody else had a hysterectomy and were back at their work doing heavy lifting very quickly, made me feel like utter crap today.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28674
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/8/2013 8:05:45 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

I work with a bunch of people who I consider friends as opposed to just workmates. One of my friends even joined my current work because I told him about the vacancy. We're also very socially active as a group together. Any social outings are usually attended by a lot of folk. And there's a core few of us who are usually always at any social events.

Anyway, went in to work this morning and asked my pal what he'd been up to last night after work, and he said he'd gone out and got smashed. I asked who he'd been with, thinking it was probably friends outside of work, but he'd been with somebody from work, who I admittedly don't know aswell. Fair enough, I thought. But then he mentioned everyone else who'd joined them .... all of them being friends within the particular core I was talking about. And so immediately I felt a little upset that nobody had thought to send me a text or call me, so I just made my feelings known by saying, in a half jokey tone, 'Oh well that's nice, thanks for the invite!', and he replied, 'I knew you'd react like that!'

So, he knew the fact I was left out of a social gathering of my friends would make me feel hurt and then gets angry when I confirm this.

I spoke to my flatmate earlier who thought I was overreacting by being upset, which made me feel annoyed. Am I being over dramatic about it?

The fact my friend said, 'I knew you'd react like that', makes it sound like I'm constantly being moany about being left out of things, which doesn't make sense since I've never been left out before! I would understand it if I was always whinging about not being invited to things, but that's never happened.

That combined with another workmate saying she doesn't understand why I'm not better yet as somebody she knows has had X amount of operations and was running again in 6 weeks, or somebody else had a hysterectomy and were back at their work doing heavy lifting very quickly, made me feel like utter crap today.

To give the workmate who got smashed the benefit of the doubt, there may be some reason why you weren't asked, even if it was just a simple of case of him forgetting.
As for the one who doesn't understand why you're not better yet - she sounds like an utter arsehole.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28675
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/8/2013 8:23:02 PM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

To give the workmate who got smashed the benefit of the doubt, there may be some reason why you weren't asked, even if it was just a simple of case of him forgetting.
As for the one who doesn't understand why you're not better yet - she sounds like an utter arsehole.

This is true, and I think it wouldn't bother me so much if it had just been him and one other person. I'm not upset because of him not contacting me, I'm upset because nobody did and the whole 'gang' (so to speak) were there. Including two people I happened to text separately about other matters.

Despite that, nobody thought to be like, oh yeah, by the way, we're in the pub!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 28676
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/8/2013 8:43:06 PM   
horribleives

Hmm, yes, well I won't lie - if that was me I'd be a bit peeved. The sensible thing to do would be either ask them about it or just let it go and forget about it. .However, I'm owt but sensible so if it were me I'd deliberately not talk to any of them, ignore all their texts, communicate only in grunts and generally stomp around in a massive fuck off huff for the rest of the week.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28677
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/8/2013 8:56:23 PM   
Hood_Man

Yeah, for me it's just the idea of not being asked that would annoy me, so I can see where you're coming from Sway.

The person questioning your recovery sounds like a bellend though.

Post #: 28678
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/8/2013 9:23:26 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

To be honest if it was just a one off then it really wouldn't bother me in the slightest but if it was an regular occurrence then it might just.
I think the best thing to do would be just to get on with it.Still act cool around your work mates and so fourth.Making any queries or disturbance might actually do you more harm than good in the long run.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28679
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/8/2013 10:12:01 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

To be honest if it was just a one off then it really wouldn't bother me in the slightest but if it was an regular occurrence then it might just.
I think the best thing to do would be just to get on with it.Still act cool around your work mates and so fourth.Making any queries or disturbance might actually do you more harm than good in the long run.

This.

Despite understanding how you feel, i've learned that there's really no point dwelling on it.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 28680
Page:   <<   < prev  954 955 [956] 957 958   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  954 955 [956] 957 958   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI