Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  950 951 [952] 953 954   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/7/2013 10:30:30 PM   
elab49

Depending on movement might mean you've slightly pulled a ligament or some such - I have the odd recurring problem with my cruciate which, when full on, can depend on how the knee moves. But it's hopefully just a slight strain if you've just yanked it the wrong way.

*goes off to look for odd looking snails*

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28531
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/7/2013 10:44:12 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Depending on movement might mean you've slightly pulled a ligament or some such - I have the odd recurring problem with my cruciate which, when full on, can depend on how the knee moves. But it's hopefully just a slight strain if you've just yanked it the wrong way.

I'm hoping so. I've never had any problems with my knees in my life before.

By the way elab, I name checked you in the dream thread.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28532
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/7/2013 1:55:00 AM   
horribleives

-Are we gonna sleep all the way home?
- All the way home.
-Can I dream?
-Yes, honey. I think we both can.

Much as I love Aliens, this fucking woeful dialogue doesn't get any less fucking woeful.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28533
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/7/2013 2:06:57 AM   
Shifty Bench

I don't think the dialogue is that bad, it's Ripley admitting that this may finally be over for her and she can sleep/dream again. No more nightmares for her, shame that got fucked up in the third film.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 28534
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/7/2013 9:11:33 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Doing this today

Starts at 3pm, that's going to be fun when it is estimated to be around 30 degrees...... Much rather be

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 28535
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/7/2013 9:29:19 AM   
sanchia

Is it American,

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 28536
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/7/2013 9:32:17 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

Um. OK.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28537
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/7/2013 9:33:33 AM   
benmharper

^^^^^^^^^^

Looks fun Hobbsy. Enjoy it

quote:

On a different subject, anybody know much about knee injuries? I jerked (edit away) my knee when using the ladders at work the other day and it's been a little funny since. But today it has all of a sudden became very painful to put weight on. It's a sharp pain that occurs depending on the way I move my leg.

I really hope I wake up tomorrow and it's gone. We have a new manager starting on Monday and I do not want to be going into work telling him about my ongoing health issues as well as limping. I don't want him to think I'm that person who's always ill or has a problem.

Edit: Just re-read that. I should clarify that I hope the pain is gone when I wake up tomorrow. Not my knee or my leg.

If its swollen, try icing it to get swelling down and see if pain subsides. It sounds like it may be a sprain and should hopefully settle down soon. If not it'll,be best to get it checked out at your GP or a sports injury physio

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28538
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/7/2013 9:46:57 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Is it American,

Yes

It's been a huge success in the states but they have brought it to the UK for the first time this year

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28539
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/7/2013 10:00:51 AM   
sanchia

So Cory Monteith was found dead. Fame does not suit some people. A very young age to die and not at all Gleeful.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 28540
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/7/2013 10:11:58 AM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

quote:

Um. OK.

...I know, right??! If I were you I'd be

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

If its swollen, try icing it to get swelling down and see if pain subsides. It sounds like it may be a sprain and should hopefully settle down soon. If not it'll,be best to get it checked out at your GP or a sports injury physio

Thanks for the advice. It wasn't actually swollen though, and it didn't feel warm - both symptoms were the common ones popping up under a google search for knee pain.

It seems to have calmed down after my sleep last night. But I was really worried - I struggled to move my leg much in bed as the pain was so sharp. It wasn't a general pain around the knee area either, it was a very specific part that really hurt depending on how I moved it.

Going to see how I get on today.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28541
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/7/2013 11:47:07 AM   
benmharper

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

Thanks for the advice. It wasn't actually swollen though, and it didn't feel warm - both symptoms were the common ones popping up under a google search for knee pain.

It seems to have calmed down after my sleep last night. But I was really worried - I struggled to move my leg much in bed as the pain was so sharp. It wasn't a general pain around the knee area either, it was a very specific part that really hurt depending on how I moved it.

Going to see how I get on today.

Good luck. In my (limited) knowledge of knees, if there is no swelling or inflamed area it shouldn't be too serious.

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28542
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/7/2013 8:23:43 PM   
Valanya

A friend in Australia mentioned how, in the few days since moving into her new house in the countryside, she has had a spider in her hair and one fall on her face Now all I can think about is the huge wolf spiders that inhabit my parents' house and it's making my skin crawl. I can't wait to move back into the countryside, but I will honestly be asking people at all the houses we see what kind of spiders they get - if I found myself living in a house frequented by wolf spiders I think I would have a nervous breakdown.

I am never, ever moving to Australia.

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 28543
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/7/2013 8:34:41 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Valanya

Australia, the land of snakes and spiders as a friend of mine called it shortly after he moved there.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 28544
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 7:10:42 AM   
horribleives

There are few things in life more satisfying than coming in from night-shift, putting your feet up, smoking a jazz cigarette and watching Minder. Bliss.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28545
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 7:15:33 AM   
horribleives

There are few things in life more annoying than coming in from night-shift, putting your feet up, smoking a jazz cigarette and watching Minder, only to find out The bloody Saint is on instead. Shite.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 28546
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 7:37:54 AM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

Australia, the land of snakes and spiders as a friend of mine called it shortly after he moved there.

Everything there is out to kill you: from the wildlife to the weather. There's no way I could live there. Furnace hot and filled with spiders and snakes (and sharks and jellyfish and scorpions and ants etc)? I'll put up with wasps and a bit of rain thanks.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28547
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 9:51:13 AM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

quote:

Everything there is out to kill you: from the wildlife to the weather. There's no way I could live there. Furnace hot and filled with spiders and snakes (and sharks and jellyfish and scorpions and ants etc)? I'll put up with wasps and a bit of rain thanks.

Skippy says.....

Took this last Saturday - mid Winter, sunny, 23 degrees, perfect. Having said that my wife and I took turns waving a long stick around in front of us to avoid the multitude of cobwebs strung across the bush tracks. Still ended up with a few webs wrapped around my head but no wolf spiders luckily.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 28548
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 5:58:21 PM   
sanchia

The little blighter would eviscerate you as soon as look at you.

On another note I was most disappointed to find out Dr. Ligament's speciality was paediatrics.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 15/7/2013 6:03:27 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 28549
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 6:40:16 PM   
superdan

There's something oddly reassuring about the women's England team being as disappointing in tournaments as the men's and youth teams.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28550
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 7:25:14 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

There's something oddly reassuring about the women's England team being as disappointing in tournaments as the men's and youth teams.

There's an awful lot reassuring that I am so often mocked by the plain-minded () football fan for my undying love of cricket, and yet we so frequently out-perform and out-do the England national football team, even when we are struggling!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 28551
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 9:21:40 PM   
sanchia

It may be time to invest in some new towels. It appears someone has swapped all of mine with similar looking ones only made from sandpaper.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 28552
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 9:44:37 PM   
UTB

Perhaps its just your cock getting smaller...

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28553
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 10:00:25 PM   
sanchia

The bath towels still look like guest towels in comparison so I don't think that is the case...

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 28554
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 11:10:06 PM   
Shifty Bench

Oh Donald Trump, is there no end to your dumbass-ness?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Donald Trump via Twitter

Ready to get mad? We are sending foreign aid to China, our greatest threat. We are financing our enemy.

Sigh.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28555
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 11:37:21 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Oh Donald Trump, is there no end to your dumbass-ness?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Donald Trump via Twitter

Ready to get mad? We are sending foreign aid to China, our greatest threat. We are financing our enemy.

Sigh.

Is it foreign aid, or is it just loan repayments on that $1trillion treasury debt that China owns?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 28556
RE: What are you thinking......... - 15/7/2013 11:41:40 PM   
Shifty Bench

I have no clue. Trump is not the smartest, though.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 28557
RE: What are you thinking......... - 16/7/2013 1:24:12 AM   
MonsterCat

I'm thinking it's slightly fawning and tacky for magazines to be blathering on about Kate Middleton and Prince William's "baby joy".

I mean, has he or she even been born yet? What if, God forbid, there's complications?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 28558
RE: What are you thinking......... - 16/7/2013 2:40:48 AM   
Hood_Man

Late night Bach session with a big mug of coffee beside me, bliss.

...However, no money coming in yet. Not so bliss.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28559
RE: What are you thinking......... - 16/7/2013 6:47:35 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Late night Bach session with a big mug of coffee beside me, bliss.

I know what you mean - you can't beat a bit of Slave To The Grind.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28560
Page:   <<   < prev  950 951 [952] 953 954   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  950 951 [952] 953 954   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI