Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  948 949 [950] 951 952   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/7/2013 7:00:25 PM   
sanchia

Starring two one trick ponies has less of a ring to it.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 28471
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/7/2013 7:21:45 PM   
Shifty Bench

True

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28472
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/7/2013 12:05:38 AM   
Hood_Man

Does anyone if there's a specific term for suddenly becoming really scared at night, for no reason? Like when you're lying in bed and it's too warm to have a duvet over you, so you take it off and then, for no reason at all, suddenly have the fear of God put into you?

I've tried googling but all I get are Yahoo answers from people who always immediately resort to THE WORST MOST DRAMATIC POSSIBLE REASON LIKE PANIC DISORDERS OR DEATHIMPENDINGDEATHDOOMDEATH! etc.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 28473
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/7/2013 12:23:30 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Does anyone if there's a specific term for suddenly becoming really scared at night, for no reason? Like when you're lying in bed and it's too warm to have a duvet over you, so you take it off and then, for no reason at all, suddenly have the fear of God put into you?

I've tried googling but all I get are Yahoo answers from people who always immediately resort to THE WORST MOST DRAMATIC POSSIBLE REASON LIKE PANIC DISORDERS OR DEATHIMPENDINGDEATHDOOMDEATH! etc.

It's just because you know the man hiding in the shadows can see you better when the duvet isn't covering you.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28474
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/7/2013 12:39:45 AM   
Hood_Man

DON'T SAY THAT!! I've just seen This is the End and the man hiding in the shadows is going to be the same hell demon who anals Jonah Hill.

And I've only changed the sheets today.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 28475
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/7/2013 12:41:26 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

I've just seen This is the End and the man hiding in the shadows is going to be the same hell demon who anals Jonah Hill.

Liked the scene that much?

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28476
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/7/2013 12:44:40 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

I've just seen This is the End and the man hiding in the shadows is going to be the same hell demon who anals Jonah Hill.

Liked the scene that much?

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 28477
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/7/2013 7:14:06 AM   
sanchia

Did Andy Murray win something, I would never have guessed it.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28478
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/7/2013 12:16:48 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

Is that not night terrors?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28479
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/7/2013 1:14:00 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

Yeah, some kind of anxiety disorder, perhaps? I've read that some night-terrors in adults can be linked to things like diet and conditions like hypoglecemia.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28480
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/7/2013 12:02:56 PM   
Sway

How have I only just discovered today that Spike Lee is doing a remake of Oldboy? Why?

And the poster for it looks terrible

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 28481
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/7/2013 1:06:49 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

How have I only just discovered today that Spike Lee is doing a remake of Oldboy? Why?

Doesn't it just?

Someone on twitter likened it to a Robbie Williams album cover.

< Message edited by jcthefirst -- 9/7/2013 1:07:11 PM >

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28482
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/7/2013 3:22:28 PM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

Doesn't it just?

It doesn't even look as good as that.....

I've never really understood the need for remakes. I mean, I guess I understand a director looking at a film and thinking they would like to do it in their own way, but as a film viewer I personally don't want to see the same film again through another's eyes. I mean some films are really made by the culture or society they're based in. I just can't imagine Oldboy being set in the West. I was even sad to hear that they're remaking Tell No One into an American version - which is actually how it was originally written. But the French version that was made is brilliant, and I don't want to see any other versions of it.

I'm trying to think of any remakes I've seen and enjoyed, but I largely avoid them. I'm probably in the minority, I know a lot of people enjoying seeing the same story spun out in different manners, but it's not my kind of thing.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28483
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/7/2013 3:25:23 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

Doesn't it just?

It doesn't even look as good as that.....

I've never really understood the need for remakes. I mean, I guess I understand a director looking at a film and thinking they would like to do it in their own way, but as a film viewer I personally don't want to see the same film again through another's eyes. I mean some films are really made by the culture or society they're based in. I just can't imagine Oldboy being set in the West. I was even sad to hear that they're remaking Tell No One into an American version - which is actually how it was originally written. But the French version that was made is brilliant, and I don't want to see any other versions of it.

I'm trying to think of any remakes I've seen and enjoyed, but I largely avoid them. I'm probably in the minority, I know a lot of people enjoying seeing the same story spun out in different manners, but it's not my kind of thing.

This one just depresses me. Some have all but eclipsed the originals though - like Maltese Falcon.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28484
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/7/2013 7:41:59 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

quote:

Yeah, some kind of anxiety disorder, perhaps? I've read that some night-terrors in adults can be linked to things like diet and conditions like hypoglecemia.

I'm tempted to assume no because it only happens once in a blue moon and I thought anxiety issues would be more frequent, but I don't have any better ideas of my own.

I always thought night terrors were like really horrifying nightmares as well? This happened when I was conscious, I just had a feeling of pure dread.

Again, I don't have any better ideas though

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 9/7/2013 7:43:42 PM >

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 28485
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/7/2013 8:30:40 PM   
Hood_Man

Also, I have no idea why I stumbled upon this, but this is pretty cool:

http://www.cinenet.net/~agrapha/StarNet/SW.html

A website dedicated to Star Wars that hasn't been updated since September 1996. This appeals to my interests in history, star wars, and general internet stuff.

Also:
quote:

Pages contain LOTS of large JPEG images, so they may load SLOWLY.

Bless

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28486
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/7/2013 8:47:18 PM   
steffols

Have you ever seen the Space Jam one?

http://www2.warnerbros.com/spacejam/movie/jam.htm

I love the idea that theres hundreds upon thousands of ancient websites out there, just gathering digital dust.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28487
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 6:46:12 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Found a copy of an Emmanuelle novelisation in my mum's book collection today. When I asked her about it she just had this big broad grin and laughed. Don't know how to feel about all of this

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 28488
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 8:43:22 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

Found a copy of an Emmanuelle novelisation in my mum's book collection today. When I asked her about it she just had this big broad grin and laughed. Don't know how to feel about all of this

She probably just flicked through it.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 28489
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 10:29:19 AM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

I love the idea that theres hundreds upon thousands of ancient websites out there, just gathering digital dust.

The Blair Witch one is still active and still damn creepy.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 28490
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 11:05:55 AM   
Rebenectomy

So after nearly 13 years of living in NI and never experiencing an 11th July bonfire, it looks as though I'm going to have a court side seat for one this year, after construction got under way last night right outside my house. Next few days are going to be very interesting.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28491
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 11:59:26 AM   
sharkboy

I can sympathise Reb, when I was growing up, the bonfire was always in the middle of the street, just a few doors away. This thing used to be piled about 30ft high, and full of all sorts of delightful items like tyres, old sofas etc, so the fumes left something to be desired. The heat was enough to cause property damage to neighbouring houses, so you might want to keep an eye on guttering, window frames etc tomorrow night. Then you had the delights of the smouldering ruins most of the next day and the ongoing fucked-up road surface until they got round to laying fresh ashphalt.

It's no wonder that I used to get the fuck out of Dodge at this time of year...

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 28492
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 12:06:44 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

She probably just flicked through it.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 28493
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 1:56:31 PM   
elab49

Continually amused by the faux outrage from people jumping up everytime someone miswords something about Wimbledon winners and starts shouting 'you forgot Wade - is it cos she is a woman? '

Themselves forgetting the actual last British Wimbledon champion was Jamie Murray in the Mixed Doubles. Which kind of undermines their faux outrage when they're ignoring someone themselves.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28494
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 2:21:20 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Continually amused by the faux outrage from people jumping up everytime someone miswords something about Wimbledon winners and starts shouting 'you forgot Wade - is it cos she is a woman? '

Themselves forgetting the actual last British Wimbledon champion was Jamie Murray in the Mixed Doubles. Which kind of undermines their faux outrage when they're ignoring someone themselves.

Or Englishman Jonathan Marray who won the Men's Doubles last year

But otherwise, point well made

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28495
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 2:24:20 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Or Englishman Jonathan Marray who won the Men's Doubles last year

But otherwise, point well made

Petard hoisted.

Although that is a bit odd - I mean, I know I pretty much stopped watching tennis when it started sounding worse than feeding time at the zoo, but I remember a lot of coverage when Murray won - absolutely nada from last year. Poor bugger - everyone had forgotten him already.

quote:

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28496
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 3:55:19 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

I can sympathise Reb, when I was growing up, the bonfire was always in the middle of the street, just a few doors away. This thing used to be piled about 30ft high, and full of all sorts of delightful items like tyres, old sofas etc, so the fumes left something to be desired. The heat was enough to cause property damage to neighbouring houses, so you might want to keep an eye on guttering, window frames etc tomorrow night. Then you had the delights of the smouldering ruins most of the next day and the ongoing fucked-up road surface until they got round to laying fresh ashphalt.

It's no wonder that I used to get the fuck out of Dodge at this time of year...

Why they don't just have designated areas for fewer, but larger bonfires, away from houses is beyond me. There are two bonfires visible from my house alone, the one behind us is being built on area recently bulldozed, so we have housing debris, rats and months of fly tipping (which in this heat is just rancid) in that, while the other is right next to the train tracks, meaning that if it topples, it risks landing on a busy railway line. Meanwhile the area is strewn with old mattresses and busted sofas, bags of rubbish and the remains of molten tyres and wheelie bins, while skips have been raided leaving putrid matter up and down the street. It looks like a fucking post apocalyptic war zone.

I will admit to being curious as to what actually takes place though, never having seen one, but given how close it is, I think my son is going to have to sleep in another room and despite the heat we're not going to be able to open any doors or windows.

On the bright side however, our power's not going to be cut like people living in this area http://www.u.tv/News/Power-lines-taken-down-due-to-bonfire/06fb4b0d-20ca-4198-b53b-dda6030cd63b

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 28497
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 4:13:01 PM   
elab49

I'm stunned sanity doesn't prevail in this heat. My job is very sedentary so when working from home I always try and make sure I have a good long walk a couple of times a day. The lunchtime one is now about 9am before it gets too hot but now, even though there's a niceish breeze (which there wasn't yesterday) it's even hotter out there. I think I need to get a hat - I've still got a headache from yesterday. I hate weather extremes

Hope the bonfire doesn't have the impact Sharky warns of, Reb.

quote:

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 28498
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 4:51:37 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

I have, what a great trip down memory lane

There's also ones for WIld WIld West and The Lost World!

http://wildwildwest.warnerbros.com/cmp/frameset.html
http://www.lost-world.com/ingen/index.html

And weirdly, coverage of the OJ Simpson trial...

http://edition.cnn.com/US/OJ/

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 28499
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/7/2013 5:05:50 PM   
Hood_Man

I'm thinking I have an interesting dilemma... I spilled some food on the carpet in my rented flat the other night, which promptly left a stain.

I've managed to remove that stain but now that the patch of carpet is completely dry it's left a very noticeable area the size of a dinner plate, that is considerably cleaner than the rest of the carpet.

I've gone over it again with a damp sponge just to dab up what might have been left over cleaning solution stuck in the carpet (it's an annoying bumpy carpet that seems to absorb dirt incredibly easily), but I've got a horrible feeling my landlord is going to try and withhold part of the deposit because of my too successful attempt at cleaning up a stain.

I'll probably just come clean tomorrow and phone the letting agency to let them know, but I guess my dilemma is do I leave things as they are, or do I attempt to clean the rest of the carpet with a carpet shampoo or rented carpet cleaning device to hide what's happened?

TL;DR I stained carpet, cleaned the carpet, now there's a largeish patch on carpet that is much cleaner than the rest and I'm worried the landlord will classify that as marked and withhold deposit money.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28500
Page:   <<   < prev  948 949 [950] 951 952   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  948 949 [950] 951 952   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI