Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  946 947 [948] 949 950   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/6/2013 12:10:59 PM   
sanchia

Is that going to be episode 10?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 28411
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/6/2013 12:18:06 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

I'm such a tit.

Decided to go to the cinema this evening, and for the first time EVER, thought I'd book my seat in advance of going. Mostly because it's a Saturday night and it was the opening weekend for the film.

So, pleased with myself that I'd picked out a seat just exactly where I like to be (in one of the smaller rows at the side, an aisle seat, incase anybody is wondering), I tootle off to the cinema in plenty of time for the 8pm showing.

Went up to the desk to collect my pre-booked ticket and the woman was like, 'Um, so you know this is for the 19th of July?'

I knew The World's End didn't come out until next month, I don't know why I didn't click when I was booking the ticket.

So I was like, 'Oh God, I'm an idiot.....' And she thought I'd got my films mixed up and I had actually wanted to book This Is The End.

I don't know why, but the thought of somebody thinking I got two films mixed up just because their titles have one word the same makes me feel like shouting, 'I'm not a nOOb! I know the difference between the films, duh!'

Even though I clearly don't know the difference between today and the 19th of July.

As well as the titles, they also have similar plots and they're both comedies though so it wouldn't be too much of a daft mistake to make.*

*And by that I mean: yes, I've already got them mixed up, erm, twice in the last week.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28412
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/6/2013 12:20:48 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Yes, but it won't be the next one released. The belated episode 007 will be about Bond which was also recorded last night (sans me).

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
As well as the titles, they also have similar plots and they're both comedies though so it wouldn't be too much of a daft mistake to make.*

I don't think their plots are all that similar. One is about the apocalypse, as in the bible one, starring a load of actors playing themselves whereas the other is about an invasion and apparently is limited to one town.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 30/6/2013 12:24:14 PM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28413
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/6/2013 12:28:51 PM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

I'm such a tit.

Decided to go to the cinema this evening, and for the first time EVER, thought I'd book my seat in advance of going. Mostly because it's a Saturday night and it was the opening weekend for the film.

So, pleased with myself that I'd picked out a seat just exactly where I like to be (in one of the smaller rows at the side, an aisle seat, incase anybody is wondering), I tootle off to the cinema in plenty of time for the 8pm showing.

Went up to the desk to collect my pre-booked ticket and the woman was like, 'Um, so you know this is for the 19th of July?'

I knew The World's End didn't come out until next month, I don't know why I didn't click when I was booking the ticket.

So I was like, 'Oh God, I'm an idiot.....' And she thought I'd got my films mixed up and I had actually wanted to book This Is The End.

I don't know why, but the thought of somebody thinking I got two films mixed up just because their titles have one word the same makes me feel like shouting, 'I'm not a nOOb! I know the difference between the films, duh!'

Even though I clearly don't know the difference between today and the 19th of July.

*And by that I mean: yes, I've already got them mixed up, erm, twice in the last week.

Incidentally, I ended up choosing to see This Is The End anyway. It was between that and World War Z, so I went for the comedy. Glad I did!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 28414
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/6/2013 12:46:05 PM   
Valanya

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Annnnnd the Hay-fever has kicked-in.

I've never had hayfever in my entire life - until this week. Wednesday was particularly bad (probably not helped by mowing the lawn mind), to the point where I actually had to go to the shop to by some tablets. Sneezing, itchy eyes, congestion, the lot. Fuck knows why it's started up all of a sudden after 34 years

On the side of my desk I currently have tablets, nasal spray and eye drops. And there would be more if anyone made anything for itchy ears

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 28415
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/6/2013 7:04:34 PM   
sanchia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdoPKtqNhLo

How true.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 28416
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/7/2013 1:03:18 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Yes, but it won't be the next one released. The belated episode 007 will be about Bond which was also recorded last night (sans me).

quote:

I don't think their plots are all that similar. One is about the apocalypse, as in the bible one, starring a load of actors playing themselves whereas the other is about an invasion and apparently is limited to one town.

I wasn't aware the End Of The World depicted in the Seth Rogan one was of the biblical variety but now I am - Christ, you're right. It's like comparing Irreversible to Toy Story.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 28417
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/7/2013 1:27:50 AM   
Shifty Bench

Wouldn't go that far but I still say they are not all that similar plot wise (I want to see both, actually)

Post #: 28418
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/7/2013 1:28:44 AM   
horribleives

It's a long time since I've had any desire to go to Glastonbury but it must've been a right surreal hoot to be standing there off your tits only to see Bruce Forsythe wander onstage.

Post #: 28419
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/7/2013 4:04:54 PM   
jcthefirst

Catching up on the Empire podcasts. Here are my thoughts:

Gillian Anderson is adorable and Jason Statham seems like a lovely bloke.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 28420
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/7/2013 4:09:38 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

The Empire Man Of Steel podcast was good.
And even though I'm not a fan of his films Zack Snyder comes across as a fairly goofy yet likeable guy.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 1/7/2013 4:48:20 PM >

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 28421
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/7/2013 5:16:31 PM   
sanchia

Why doesn't Adam Buxton have more television work?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28422
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/7/2013 5:44:48 PM   
Shifty Bench

Because people foolishly think Joe is the talented one? (they both are)

I am recording a commentary for the pilot episode of Leverage tomorrow night with established podcast Sofa Dogs. And I could not be more fucking nervous. Scottish accent, please don't fuck this up for me

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28423
RE: What are you thinking......... - 1/7/2013 7:07:24 PM   
sanchia

1950's BBC diction on the way?

Also why have I never seen THIS before? Look at that luxurious hair on the 20 year old Louis?

< Message edited by sanchia -- 1/7/2013 7:58:13 PM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 28424
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/7/2013 11:29:28 PM   
DancingClown

I'm actually thinking of buying this beast - http://www.247electronics.co.uk/viewproduct.asp?pid=9079

My wife will kill me, but then again she's been dropping serious hints about wanting a fourth child. Perhaps this gives me something to bargain with...

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28425
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/7/2013 11:37:17 PM   
Shifty Bench

But the TV only comes with 2 pairs of 3D glasses....

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 28426
RE: What are you thinking......... - 2/7/2013 11:48:12 PM   
Hood_Man

Yeah, the number of pairs of 3D glasses is important when you consider 1080p when buying a plasma.

Post #: 28427
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/7/2013 9:02:54 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

I'm actually thinking of buying this beast - http://www.247electronics.co.uk/viewproduct.asp?pid=9079

My wife will kill me, but then again she's been dropping serious hints about wanting a fourth child. Perhaps this gives me something to bargain with...

Something that I was told when looking in to this. 

If you are going for 3D it is better to go for passive as the 3D glasses are the same you get in the cinema.  You normally get around 6 - 8 pairs with a TV when you buy one as well.  If you lose them all you can just use any you get from the cinema or buy replacements fairly cheaply.

For active 3D, you have to charge and switch the glasses on and they are around 80 to replace if they break (which is probably why you only get 2 pairs).

I don't think there is much difference with the actual viewing experience but for me personally I would consider a passive TV

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 28428
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/7/2013 9:10:26 AM   
UTB

I probably shouldn't have had any whisky last night.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 28429
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/7/2013 10:40:27 AM   
MonsterCat

I'm thinking work would be great if it wasn't for two people in particular. It's always a shame when someone feels the need to piss in your punch.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 28430
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/7/2013 11:06:49 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Something that I was told when looking in to this.

If you are going for 3D it is better to go for passive as the 3D glasses are the same you get in the cinema. You normally get around 6 - 8 pairs with a TV when you buy one as well. If you lose them all you can just use any you get from the cinema or buy replacements fairly cheaply.

For active 3D, you have to charge and switch the glasses on and they are around 80 to replace if they break (which is probably why you only get 2 pairs).

I don't think there is much difference with the actual viewing experience but for me personally I would consider a passive TV

Excuse me, but...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Hey, but no, seriously, I've gone round in so many circles these last two weeks it's not even remotely funny. I'm honestly not that fussed about the 3D but in terms of PQ the P50VT65 is apparently exceptional, so say the reviews. Then I trawl through web-sites and owners' threads and I hear about noisy fans, DFC (don't ask!!!), floating blacks and Image Retention. Unbelievable!!! Modern plasmas are supposed to have these issues under control but they're still being reported.

For best non-3D Plasma I have narrowed it down to this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0043246LU/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3A2IR6PBDA7B6 Excellent PQ again, cheaper, no 3D for the kids, but it still comes with its own plethora of plasma-related problems.

For best non-3D LED I have it narrowed to this - http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/televisions/large-screen-tvs-32-and-over/panasonic-viera-tx-l50e6b-smart-50-led-tv-21163705-pdt.html PQ not quite as good as plasma, along with inferior motion-handling, but also doesn't come with things like image retention and doesn't require a small nuclear reactor to run it. Blacks and contrast said to be excellent.

I've read all the arguments but I'm at my wits end. It's a lot of money (thank you PPI refund) but I don't wanna screw it up.

I also know that this doesn't feature heavily on the World's Most Pressing Problems list and perhaps my current obsession with this is disguising other problems in my head. Who knows?

Wibble.

Astronomic Tune Boy

Post #: 28431
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/7/2013 11:31:33 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Sorry DC, didn't mean to add to your stress   I only mentioned the Active/Passive glasses in case you needed to replace (if you went for a 3D).

I do wonder what these people are listening for when they complain about noise.  I have a 42" Panasonic plasma that is 3 years old and I can't hear a thing (related to TV noise) and the picture quality is superb.  I reckon these people are sitting in complete silence, right up against the TV listening for the tiniest sound.  With normal everyday sounds you probably wouldn't hear anything that would ruin your enjoyment of the TV.  I say bollocks to them.   Someone will pick up something if they look hard enough for it.   I've been known to pause a game on the PS3 for a couple of hours while I go off and do something so I can just go back to the game and not experiences image retention.

Sounds like you need to take a step back, breathe and go for the one you like    What are your top 3 must have/requirements for the TV?

I've already decided that my next TV will be an LG as we have them all over the place here at work including 3D TV's and the quality looks amazing (including huge great 100" screens).

Good luck!

I'm thinking, roll on 5:30pm!!  After that I am off until next Thursday

< Message edited by Hobbitonlass -- 3/7/2013 11:32:22 AM >

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 28432
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/7/2013 9:56:27 PM   
DancingClown

Well, it seems I won't be getting a new TV, apparently. My wife informed me of this. I sulked. Barely two minutes later my youngest of sixteen months smacked a plastic golf-club onto the screen of my incumbent Samsung. I was quite shocked but my wife just looked at me and said: "Now imagine you just paid 1500 for that TV." She has a point.

But I want a new toy, damnit!

Astronomic Tune Boy

Post #: 28433
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/7/2013 9:59:08 PM   
Hood_Man

Post #: 28434
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/7/2013 10:22:43 PM   
Scruffybobby

I really need to clean out my email inbox

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28435
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/7/2013 10:25:54 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

I regret that day.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28436
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/7/2013 11:41:43 AM   
sanchia

Like the Star Wars one this may even make marriage worth it.

As if i am not married because I don't want to be...

< Message edited by sanchia -- 4/7/2013 11:42:11 AM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28437
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/7/2013 1:44:54 PM   
steffols

I had a dream two nights ago about my Gran. And my Granpa was in it. I don't dream about him as much as I used to, I woke up in a weird mood after that. Now all I want to do is go home and see my Gran and give her a cuddle.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28438
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/7/2013 3:26:55 PM   
UTB

I'm good at most things, but FUCK ME WHY CAN I NOT EVER GET A FUCKING LOOKUP TABLE TO FUCKING WORK IN FUCKING EXCEL?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 28439
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/7/2013 4:46:44 PM   
sanchia

So Trevor Bayliss was ripped of by the company he made a deal with for the wind up radio (they slightly altered his design so they didn't need to pay him). What a shame. I remember when he was on television as an example of what successful inventors could achieve and now he is losing his home.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 28440
Page:   <<   < prev  946 947 [948] 949 950   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  946 947 [948] 949 950   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI