Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  942 943 [944] 945 946   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 18/6/2013 9:54:37 AM   
elab49

So Saatchi has accepted a caution for assault. Voluntarily.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28291
RE: What are you thinking......... - 18/6/2013 3:39:58 PM   
Sway

Had a phone call from a friend/old flatmate today to tell me one of our other friend/flatmate's mum died last night.

Fucks sake, it's just constant bad news at the moment. I am totally devastated for her and her family as it was unexpected too (not that it makes expected deaths any easier), I just feel sick.

I've not seen her or her family in a few years now, but they used to always be round at the flat when I was at Uni and I'd even stayed at their house a couple of times.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28292
RE: What are you thinking......... - 18/6/2013 8:22:37 PM   
elab49

How is your gran doing?

Genuine query - how can a poached egg have fewer calories than a boiled one. Work colleague was adamant about this when going on about their diet, and Google seems to agree - difference of 12 calories on 100g of poached vs boiled.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28293
RE: What are you thinking......... - 18/6/2013 9:28:16 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

How is your gran doing?

She's having her ups and downs. She was recently moved from the 'normal' ward she was on into an isolation room because she developed an infection. And she's recently had to have blood transfusions. The poor woman has been through hell of a lot. Went up to see her this evening and I'm so proud of her, she's being so strong and doing well considering everything.

We had a laugh this evening because last time I'd been in to see her, I'd asked her about her wound and how many staples she had in and I'd told her she better not have beaten me with the size of her scar or I'd be unhappy. Apparently she asked the nurse who removed her staples yesterday how many she had and when the nurse told her she had 30, my Nana replied, 'Damn, she's beat me.' The nurse was understandably confused and my Nan explained.

It's nice to see my Nan's still got her sense of humour right now.

Thanks for asking.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28294
RE: What are you thinking......... - 18/6/2013 9:54:50 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

How is your gran doing?

She's having her ups and downs. She was recently moved from the 'normal' ward she was on into an isolation room because she developed an infection. And she's recently had to have blood transfusions. The poor woman has been through hell of a lot. Went up to see her this evening and I'm so proud of her, she's being so strong and doing well considering everything.

We had a laugh this evening because last time I'd been in to see her, I'd asked her about her wound and how many staples she had in and I'd told her she better not have beaten me with the size of her scar or I'd be unhappy. Apparently she asked the nurse who removed her staples yesterday how many she had and when the nurse told her she had 30, my Nana replied, 'Damn, she's beat me.' The nurse was understandably confused and my Nan explained.

It's nice to see my Nan's still got her sense of humour right now.

Thanks for asking.

Ha ha! My Nan had a similar sense of humour, even though she had a truly horrible and slow passing with Altzheimers... I remember an awful afternoon when she asked where her younger brother Eric hadn't been around recently... he died in 1972. After much upset, she wiped her tears away, took a deep breath and gave me such a sad, sweet little smile and said...

'Well, I was wondering where the little bastard was...'

My Nan has been gone for quite a few years now and I've got so many lovely memories of her, but I think this is my favourite...

Say what now?

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28295
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/6/2013 12:36:33 AM   
horribleives

Is this Biker Boyz film on BBC1 actually a real thing or am I having a particularly fucked up hallucination?
I'm loving it either way.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 28296
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/6/2013 8:05:33 AM   
matty_b

Crap, sorry to hear about your pal's news and your gran taking a bit of a step backwards, Sway.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 28297
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/6/2013 10:41:49 AM   
Valanya

I'm glad your gran still has her sense of humour Sway, that's such an important thing. As my grandad spends more and more of his time not sure where he is or who my gran is, honestly the strangest thing is not seeing his quirky sense of humour so often. Your gran's obviously a strong lady

Today I'm freaking out a little bit. I finally got a job yesterday which is amazing, but it's in a year 3 class and I always imagined myself in year 1 or 2 for my first year of teaching. I'm shitting it a bit already because I have taught year 3 before, but back then it was early in my training and I was only a 'satisfactory' teacher. I think I'm having a bit of a freak out in case everything I've learned since then doesn't translate into that year group I know it's needless worrying and I'll be absolutely fine when it comes to it - it's just made a hell of a lot worse by the knowledge that I'll almost definitely have Ofsted within my first term. Eeek!

On the plus side, I get to choose the theme for my classroom Currently torn between a general 'film' theme, pirates, dinosaurs or Doctor Who

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28298
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/6/2013 10:51:07 AM   
elab49

The key point is you got the job - everything else is just preparation.

Good to hear your gran's progress Sway - they do say that humour is the most important thing spirit-wise to get through these things. Hence the breathtaking levels of gallows humour you often get from cancer sufferers. Get stuck in a room full of them and you won't believe what you're hearing

quote:

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 28299
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/6/2013 12:23:53 PM   
Sway

quote:

The key point is you got the job - everything else is just preparation.

Good to hear your gran's progress Sway - they do say that humour is the most important thing spirit-wise to get through these things. Hence the breathtaking levels of gallows humour you often get from cancer sufferers. Get stuck in a room full of them and you won't believe what you're hearing

Thanks all - again! I feel as though it's a neverending stream of bad news surrounding me at the moment. Is this just unfortunate that everything's happened at the same time, or is this just what happens once you hit a certain age - more chances of people around you (and their parents) developing health problems and/or passing on? Within the past 4 years I've known 5 of my friend's parents die from cancer/tumours/leukaemia and the most recent one being unexpected.

Ah yeah my Nan is a great woman, I really take my hat off to her, this has been such an ordeal for her and she's still joking and smiling. I was showing her my scar last night and I was saying I was proud of it, as it's a battle scar and I joked that we'd have to go on holiday once she's better to get us both in bikinis by the pool. She was laughing heartily at the thought.

A sense of humour certainly helps. We all have a laugh at my situation, with comments such as 'stop selling your internal organs on ebay' and 'if I squeeze you will you burst down the middle?' quite commonly directed at me. Although I made the rookie mistake after my first op when I received a load of presents of saying, "They can take my remaining ovary if it means I get more gifts...."

Valanya, congrats on your job! Especially since there was a lot of mucking you about in the lead up to it, so well done!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28300
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/6/2013 1:03:12 PM   
matty_b

I think it's an age thing. In the last six years, I've had seven uncles and aunts die.

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28301
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/6/2013 5:31:29 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

I think it's an age thing. In the last six years, I've had seven uncles and aunts die.

Same. When my nan died last year I felt a chill at her funeral when I noticed just how big the rest of the pew looked.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28302
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/6/2013 10:00:01 PM   
rawlinson

So Serena Williams adds herself to the fucking idiot file then.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28303
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/6/2013 10:08:21 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

I had to run a Google search to see what you're talking about.

I mean, not only were those comments stunningly ill-judged they were also badly timed. I hope she loses Wimbledon this year, the utter twat.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 28304
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/6/2013 10:10:57 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

I mean, not only were those comments stunningly ill-judged they were also badly timed. I hope she loses Wimbledon this year, the utter twat.

I always hope she loses Wimbledon, because she's always been a twat.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28305
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/6/2013 10:18:24 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Me too. Jeez, Rawls, makes us work, why don't you?

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28306
RE: What are you thinking......... - 19/6/2013 11:32:31 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I always hope she loses Wimbledon, because she's always been a twat.

Probably won't happen, though.

She'll win this year and it'll be all rather predictable and boring. But she is a fucking twit with an ego the size of a planet. And, rather shockingly for a woman, a massive misogynist.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 28307
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/6/2013 12:38:17 AM   
rawlinson

Shit. I hope these James Gandolfini death reports are just rumours.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28308
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/6/2013 12:38:59 AM   
Goodfella

So others are seeing these bits of news about James Gandolfini has died in Italy as well?

Empire just tweeted it too.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 28309
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/6/2013 7:09:31 AM   
sanchia

quote:

You may need a completely new file for her.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 28310
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/6/2013 4:06:25 PM   
Rebenectomy

Hmmm, to bin hoke or not to bin hoke that is the question? Next door is being gutted and there are two overflowing skips outside. I'd noticed that they appear to have hoyed at least two perfectly fine looking dining room chairs, that I could so easily re-upholster. So do I tramp it up big style or not?

I remember my ex brought a skip chair home one day, painted it up and it looked bitchin', so I'm tempted.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28311
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/6/2013 4:16:10 PM   
MovieAddict247

Take them! Unless they've got woodworm or something, there's not point in wasting good chairs!

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 28312
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/6/2013 10:01:02 PM   
sanchia

Damn you Kickstarter. I only went on there to fund an origin of the species book and ended up with four more pledges under my belt.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 28313
RE: What are you thinking......... - 20/6/2013 10:26:45 PM   
Sway

Arggghhh!

I finally caved and got a smartphone and I fucking hate it. It's so far taken me an hour to get to the basics. I'm going back to a normal phone, I don't care how shit it is.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28314
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/6/2013 10:51:24 AM   
matty_b

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28315
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/6/2013 2:10:52 PM   
DancingClown

NORTH West?

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28316
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/6/2013 3:00:10 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

You mock, but my fat fingers aren't the problem!

I have spent at least 3 hours so far trying to download ONE ringtone to the phone .................

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28317
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/6/2013 3:02:53 PM   
MonsterCat

What model did you get?

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28318
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/6/2013 3:11:57 PM   
Sway

Nokia Lumia 620

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28319
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/6/2013 3:28:17 PM   
jcthefirst

Yet another Futurama episode that makes me cry.

Brilliant.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28320
Page:   <<   < prev  942 943 [944] 945 946   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  942 943 [944] 945 946   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI