Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  941 942 [943] 944 945   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 11:26:26 AM   
steffols

I'm just one of those people who likes to have all the facts in front of me before I make an opinion on something as personal to someone as this.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 28261
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 11:28:25 AM   
steffols

Also, everyone is up in arms about the alleged assault, but no one is shouting from the rooftops about the fact that a guy with a long lense camera was watching all of this and did nothing to intervene. It's quite bad that we had a year of people going crazy over press intrusion, but its quite obvious from this case that if press intrusion involves something as juicy as this, nobody gives a shit.

< Message edited by steffols -- 17/6/2013 11:30:15 AM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 28262
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 11:28:27 AM   
Shifty Bench

I'm the kind of person who thinks the police wouldn't be investigating if there wasn't something in it.

EDIT: Oh, the guy who took the photos and did nothing just to get them is a cunt. (if it was domestic violence)

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 17/6/2013 11:30:15 AM >

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 28263
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 11:33:57 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

Also, everyone is up in arms about the alleged assault, but no one is shouting from the rooftops about the fact that a guy with a long lense camera was watching all of this and did nothing to intervene. It's quite bad that we had a year of people going crazy over press intrusion, but its quite obvious from this case that if press intrusion involves something as juicy as this, nobody gives a shit.

Most seem to think the person filming was a bit of a shit for not doing something, but it wasn't long lens. Wasn't it someone sitting in the main part of the restaurant who took the video? Of an argument taking place in the same public restaurant?

< Message edited by elab49 -- 17/6/2013 11:35:43 AM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 28264
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 11:35:22 AM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Except the story around it (and I'm still not sure why this was in a paper and someone didn't call the police) refers to the context as being an altercation, ongoing and loud enough to be heard inside the restaurant, and in the street outside.

TBH, I've only seen a few of the photos and I'm not one to get my news from The Sunday People so I don't know the full context of whatever happened. I hope for her sake if it was a case of domestic violence, that it is investigated thoroughly and the redtops keep their lenses out of it.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28265
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 12:04:53 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

quote:

Except the story around it (and I'm still not sure why this was in a paper and someone didn't call the police) refers to the context as being an altercation, ongoing and loud enough to be heard inside the restaurant, and in the street outside.

TBH, I've only seen a few of the photos and I'm not one to get my news from The Sunday People so I don't know the full context of whatever happened. I hope for her sake if it was a case of domestic violence, that it is investigated thoroughly and the redtops keep their lenses out of it.

Like others have said it was an "altercation" in a very public place. His behaviour was observed by many others, so it was witnessed regardless of the photos. And this wasn't a tele-photo lens through the bedroom job. It's likely that the report of assault came from one of the witnesses themselves as opposed to Nigella. I understand the reluctance to follow the story due to the sleazy rep of the press (although it's not just the red-tops carrying the story) but if it helps to highlight the issue then that can only be a good thing. Maybe the exposure will force Saatchi to get help for his problems. Maybe Nigella can re-evaluate her commitment to a destructive relationship, of which she has spoken frankly in the past.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 28266
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 12:05:08 PM   
elab49

Nor am I - I read the Guardian story on it being referred to the police.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 28267
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 12:09:35 PM   
Shifty Bench

Ok, I checked online and I was wrong, the police aren't investigating as no allegation has been made. They are, however, making inquiries.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28268
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 2:03:30 PM   
superdan

It was all a 'playful tiff', apparently: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22935683

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a playful tiff when your wife leaves in tears. And I know for a fact that if anyone - friends, family, anyone - grabbed me by the throat I'd thump them in the mouth, whether they were being 'playful' or not.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 28269
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 2:06:51 PM   
SadFace

Have you seen Nick Griffin's tweet about it? What a waste of DNA.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 28270
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 2:21:36 PM   
matty_b

And he tries to position himself as a genuine politician.

Fucking reptile.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 28271
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 2:24:05 PM   
elab49

Saatchi's own wording 'I held Nigella's neck repeatedly while attempting to emphasise my point."

Has anyone ever met anyone who feels the need to hold necks when making points? That just a really odd thing to say. In which it was apparently both 'an intense debate' and a 'playful tiff'.

quote:

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 28272
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 2:27:35 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Saatchi's own wording 'I held Nigella's neck repeatedly while attempting to emphasise my point."

My,what a charming fellow.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SadFace

Sorry,but Nick Griffins on Twitter?
I bet he's a hoot-a-minute.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 17/6/2013 2:31:19 PM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28273
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 2:29:19 PM   
elab49

All quotes from the Evening Standard piece where he makes a distinction between 'gripping' and 'holding'.

quote:

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 28274
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 2:33:05 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

Yeah, I just saw it. Odious little twat. On the plus side he's getting ripped to shreds.

And I'm not a great fan of Frankie Boyle but he sent him a great comeback on Twitter.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 17/6/2013 2:35:37 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 28275
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 2:39:23 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Charles Saatchi.The guy who sold us Margaret Thatcher,Damien Hirst and Tracey Emin.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 28276
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 2:50:27 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Yeah, I just saw it. Odious little twat. On the plus side he's getting ripped to shreds.

And I'm not a great fan of Frankie Boyle but he sent him a great comeback on Twitter.

Nor I, But his half a deathstar quip about the Murdoch divorce was amusing

quote:

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 28277
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 3:01:58 PM   
Shifty Bench

I tried to get onto Nick Griffin's Twitter page and my computer thankfully flagged it as a dangerous site

Yeah, and I am not taking my insult of Saatchi back after what he said......

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28278
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 3:05:09 PM   
SadFace

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nor I, But his half a deathstar quip about the Murdoch divorce was amusing

I saw both of those, he does come out with some good material now and again on Twitter.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28279
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 3:06:00 PM   
matty_b

I couldn't see anything on Boyle's Twitter page to Griffin?

quote:

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 28280
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 3:08:52 PM   
SadFace

He's probably deleted it. The gist of it was that the only time Griffin squeezed women was to deflate them after sleeping with them.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28281
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 3:12:45 PM   
matty_b

Ah, OK.

Yeah, that's pretty funny.

quote:

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 28282
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 8:20:46 PM   
Sway

Are there people out there who are so scared of being on their own that they get into a relationship with somebody they don't really like? Does that actually happen? They have no real attraction to a person but go along with it because they don't want to be on their own?

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28283
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 8:29:25 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Are there people out there who are so scared of being on their own that they get into a relationship with somebody they don't really like? Does that actually happen? They have no real attraction to a person but go along with it because they don't want to be on their own?

I have been tempted once or twice but rationality wins out .

I also know someone who spent a decade bitching about his ex girlfriend and how she treated him, only on his 38th birthday to get in touch with her on Facebook and is now married to her (even though he has admitted he still has the same problems he had with her as when they broke up when he was in his twenties and the same problems he spent a decade going on about whenever anyone mentioned her). It appears to me there is a mid life crisis/fear of growing old alone/not having children thing going on from what he has said. that said it is his life.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28284
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 8:52:05 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

I also know someone who spent a decade bitching about his ex girlfriend and how she treated him, only on his 38th birthday to get in touch with her on Facebook and is now married to her (even though he has admitted he still has the same problems he had with her as when they broke up when he was in his twenties and the same problems he spent a decade going on about whenever anyone mentioned her). It appears to me there is a mid life crisis/fear of growing old alone/not having children thing going on from what he has said. that said it is his life.

But would you really have been able to be with somebody you're not attracted to or have any sort of real feelings towards?

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28285
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 8:55:19 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Of course. Some people do it because they think they won't find someone else. That is actually how some abusive relationships start, the bully takes control of the weak person and plays on their assumption that they won't find anyone else....

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28286
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 9:01:20 PM   
sanchia

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

But would you really have been able to be with somebody you're not attracted to or have any sort of real feelings towards?

Nope. Hence my single status.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28287
RE: What are you thinking......... - 17/6/2013 11:25:21 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I already knew what he sounded like through commentaries and behind the scenes stuff etc.

And you didn't think "crikey, he sounds like Agent Smith meets Frasier Crane?" Just me then.

No, I don't think I thought he sounded like anything, to be honest

Kind of the same. Although maybe the mike was a factor.

Just listened to the recent Empire podcast with Whedon and I can sort of see what DC was getting at. For whatever reason (jetlag?) Whedon seems to be affecting a more... British cadence in his speech when talking about the Shakespeare film. He definitely doesn't sound like that normally.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28288
RE: What are you thinking......... - 18/6/2013 12:21:26 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

What a fucking little dick-lick this dude is.

I think someone should put their hands around his throat to emphasise the point of what a massive snatch he is.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28289
RE: What are you thinking......... - 18/6/2013 7:05:27 AM   
sanchia

He has been formally cautioned for assault, if the news today is correct.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28290
Page:   <<   < prev  941 942 [943] 944 945   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  941 942 [943] 944 945   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI