Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  936 937 [938] 939 940   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/6/2013 9:27:16 PM   
Hood_Man

Reading through some old family "stuff" (school reports, seasonal gift cards, old school projects etc), I've noticed two rather strange things:

1) Both my sisters got a shit ton of cards when they were born, when I didn't;

2) Apparently I had bad hearing as a child (referenced in two consecutive school reports )

Actually, there's a third as well. When I was in school and I gave my reports to my parents, there was a page on the back where my parents would write a comment in reply to the teacher, to give their own thoughts on my progress throughout the year.

One year my dad did this and wrote a message that went something like this;

"Having observed your report on my son's progress throughout the academic year, I am pleased to see you have highlighted how much he has improved both as a student and as a young man. I firmly believe him to be the strong but silent type, and will actively encourage him in the areas of Art and History so he can fulfil his obvious potential."

I am very proud to have him as a son."

The following year my mum did it;

"We are pleased with his progress."

3) My mum is a Terminator.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28111
RE: What are you thinking......... - 3/6/2013 9:33:39 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Watching old television comedy.

I ate all your bees!

They don't write them like that any more.

That's old now?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28112
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/6/2013 7:07:25 AM   
sanchia

It's nine years since it finished.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 28113
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/6/2013 10:55:14 AM   
matty_b

So apparently something big happened on Game of Thrones last night - not great if you're still yet to get through the second season, let alone make a start on the third.

Facebook has been a minefield this morning.

I've had to hide so many people from my newsfeed because they're likely to blab about it, although most people have been considerate so far - there's probably been about a good dozen who have started a status with - "HUGE SPOILERS FOR GAME OF THRONES!!!!"

But I just *know* there's going to be some meme floating around in the next few days or so that's going to spoil it for me.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28114
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/6/2013 12:53:37 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

It's nine years since it finished.

I remember getting really freaked out by the last series of that show because the character Simon Pegg plays was identical in attitude to this absolute wanker I worked for when I was in uni'. I swear he could have been based on him.

quote:

So apparently something big happened on Game of Thrones last night - not great if you're still yet to get through the second season, let alone make a start on the third.

I've had to hide so many people from my newsfeed because they're likely to blab about it, although most people have been considerate so far - there's probably been about a good dozen who have started a status with - "HUGE SPOILERS FOR GAME OF THRONES!!!!"

But I just *know* there's going to be some meme floating around in the next few days or so that's going to spoil it for me.

So tempting.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28115
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/6/2013 12:56:31 PM   
Hood_Man

Trinity's a ghost.

I mean Bruce Willis dies.

I mean, uh, Han Solo is Luke Skywalker's father!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 28116
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/6/2013 1:03:28 PM   
shool

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28117
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/6/2013 1:32:53 PM   
matty_b

shool, rawlinson -

< Message edited by matty_b -- 4/6/2013 1:33:10 PM >

quote:

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 28118
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/6/2013 2:51:08 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

shool, rawlinson -

Ok, we'll be good.

Truth is they kill Peter Dinklage and he regenerates into Beyonce. The internet is in outrage because she's black, female and American. Don't read the Daily Mail site.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28119
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/6/2013 3:47:05 PM   
elab49

Actually, that works - wasn't his response to a panel query on how the show should in 'a dance number'?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 28120
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/6/2013 4:35:45 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Truth is they kill Peter Dinklage and he regenerates into Beyonce. The internet is in outrage because she's black, female and American. Don't read the Daily Mail site.

As beautiful as Beyonce Knowles undoubtedly is, I'd sooner watch Peter Dinklage.

Remember that film he was in, Living in Oblivion? That shit was tight, yo.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 28121
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/6/2013 4:47:06 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Yeah, I've got a couple of mates who are still ploughing through season 2 and yet to start season 3 as well so have to be careful what I say.  Been saving it all for in here (GoT thread obviously, not in here) 

Should warn you though - Hodor and Cersei, sitting in a tree........

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 28122
RE: What are you thinking......... - 4/6/2013 7:19:56 PM   
sanchia

I have found my new philosophy:

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 28123
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/6/2013 8:05:33 AM   
jonson

Half way through my celebrations. Last night was supposed to be steady, after Monday anyway (which was always going to be heavy)
"Just a couple" I said to the wife, who informed me this morning she had to stop me going for a wee in the wardrobe at 3am.
The difficult thing was, a pub crawl around the village (there are 2 pubs ) turned into a beer fest, 3 friends coming up from London for the evening, so it was rude not to, well, get pissed.
But, battler as I am, I'm still at work at 7.30am, keen and ready to tackle the day.
An Indian tonight with 8 school friends. I have decided to take it easy, it's the big one tomorrow night and I want to be at 100%

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 28124
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/6/2013 8:40:04 AM   
UTB

Why am I only now just hearing about... INSTANT CSI: http://cow.org/csi/

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 28125
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/6/2013 9:03:12 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Half way through my celebrations. Last night was supposed to be steady, after Monday anyway (which was always going to be heavy)
"Just a couple" I said to the wife, who informed me this morning she had to stop me going for a wee in the wardrobe at 3am.
The difficult thing was, a pub crawl around the village (there are 2 pubs ) turned into a beer fest, 3 friends coming up from London for the evening, so it was rude not to, well, get pissed.
But, battler as I am, I'm still at work at 7.30am, keen and ready to tackle the day.
An Indian tonight with 8 school friends. I have decided to take it easy, it's the big one tomorrow night and I want to be at 100%

Have you flonked yet?

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 28126
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/6/2013 10:52:37 AM   
MonsterCat

I'm thinking the lady who delivers my street's mail is very pretty.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 28127
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/6/2013 11:10:04 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Have you flonked yet?

I think that's tonight.
It was going to be last night but the general dress code was too smart for flinging bitter dregs around with an old bar towel.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 28128
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/6/2013 11:11:01 AM   
Sway

Absolutely shattered.

My Nan's op didn't go well on Monday, and she ended up on life support in intensive care. Got a phonecall from my dad to tell me he was in his way in and he'd pick me up enroute. Was absolutely horrible seeing her hooked up to so many machines and looking so vulnerable.

She needed another op yesterday, and was put back into intensive care once that was done.

I have the first of my many check ups today, which I'm not looking forward to, and then I'll be heading along to see my Nan again after.

The mental stress of this week and the broken sleep is taking its toll.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 28129
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/6/2013 11:22:02 AM   
elab49

It's a bloody hard thing to say, but you need to think a bit more about yourself here too. Difficult as it is to think away from your nan, your progress is really important too.

I'm glad you're there though. When my mum had a heart op I'd arranged all my work to be there the next day (I couldn't before because I'd actually arranged unpaid time off so I could stay for a while to look after her afterwards). So I was in London when I'd to talk to a nurse telling me she'd been taken back in because she wouldn't stop bleeding (in Victoria stations surrounded by people - it was awful). My dad couldn't even speak seeing mum in Intensive Care. It's all technical and tubes and scary and someone washed out and exhausted. I hope it goes as well for your nan in getting out.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28130
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/6/2013 11:35:28 AM   
matty_b

What elab said, Sway. I can't even begin to imagine how incredibly difficult it is for you all now, but you have to make sure you're as well in yourself as you possibly can be.

Very sorry to hear it's not going well and here's hoping you get some positive news in the days ahead.

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28131
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/6/2013 4:51:24 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I'm glad you're there though. When my mum had a heart op I'd arranged all my work to be there the next day (I couldn't before because I'd actually arranged unpaid time off so I could stay for a while to look after her afterwards). So I was in London when I'd to talk to a nurse telling me she'd been taken back in because she wouldn't stop bleeding (in Victoria stations surrounded by people - it was awful). My dad couldn't even speak seeing mum in Intensive Care. It's all technical and tubes and scary and someone washed out and exhausted. I hope it goes as well for your nan in getting out.

Thanks.

Thankfully I was at my flat when my Dad called to tell me the news, I can't imagine having to deal with that in public. And I was in bits when I saw her unconscious with all those tubes and machines supporting her. I stayed over at my folk's house on Monday night as I didn't want to be away from family incase there was a call to say she hadn't pulled through.

She is now conscious and they're hoping to move her from intensive care to the high dependency unit once a bed becomes available, so that's positive. Was still hard seeing her today - she's obviously doped up on morphine and her thoughts are wandering from place to place.

I remember it all very well.

Anyway just spent most of my day at the hospital, so going to try and relax this evening.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 28132
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/6/2013 8:39:53 PM   
Shifty Bench

The podcast I recorded for Star Trek Into Darkness is available now (my sig). It contains spoilers for the film throughout and please be kind. I'm the Scottish one.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 28133
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/6/2013 2:35:38 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Sitting here eating fruit and being all good after my mammoth PT session this morning and one of the guys has just bought in shit loads of cakes and doughnuts!!!

Godammit!  It'd be rude to refuse (and it is Friday!)

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 28134
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/6/2013 3:33:43 PM   
talpacino

Never deny yourself cake or doughnuts! Just run a little bit extra next time you're out.

I really want a doughnut now.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 28135
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/6/2013 3:35:04 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I had a jam doughnut AND a mint chocolate mini roll!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 28136
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/6/2013 3:36:56 PM   
talpacino

You should be ashamed of yourself!

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 28137
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/6/2013 3:55:58 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

You should be ashamed of yourself!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 28138
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/6/2013 4:56:49 PM   
Valanya

I am thinking that, having felt shit all afternoon for not getting the job I wanted, it really couldn't have been timed better for a primary school I loved to call me up and offer me an interview

What came first, the music or the misery?

Post #: 28139
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/6/2013 5:01:30 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Aw, that's great news Valayna.  Fingers crossed it all goes well

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 28140
Page:   <<   < prev  936 937 [938] 939 940   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  936 937 [938] 939 940   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI