Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  928 929 [930] 931 932   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 8:58:54 AM   
sanchia

Maybe Shifty loved it and is afraid to say.

The only things I have heard about it is bad other than the odd comment about one or two little bits (haven't seen it yet myself and avoided most spoilers). I just have a fear that it is a rip off of the wrath of Khan and if Cumerbund turns out to be Khan will be most disappointed as if so the question will be why can't people come up with their own ideas anymore?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27871
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 9:24:48 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Maybe Shifty loved it and is afraid to say.

Ha. Nope.

(I loved most of it, though)

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 27872
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 11:12:14 AM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

On an unrelated note - I've never understood how people can be arsed waiting until this time of night before going out. I know a big part of it these days is the fact it's cheaper to drink in the house first, which is fair enough, I don't mind having a few drinks at somebody's house before heading out. But as long as I'm heading out at a decent enough time. Because it gets to a certain time in the evening that I just can't be hooped, especially if I'm sitting comfortably in somebody's house.

If I'm going out I like to go to pubs and bars first for the atmosphere and the liveliness. I could never go straight from a flat/house to a club.

When I first moved to Belfast I was really surprised at the carry out first, plub by about 11pm culture. As a Geordie I was so used to be out by 7-8pm, and while the licensing laws weren't 24 hour as they are now, in a club until 2.30-3am. A night out was exactly that, a whole night.

Here people normally drink in the house first, head to the bar or 'club' (and I use that terms loosely as there is only a very limited club culture in Norn Iron) at 11ish 'til around 2, then back to a house party, which can sometimes last days. I was advised that this has roots in the troubles when there were security alerts, curfews, check points etc to take into account, meaning home drinking has played a huge part in the nightlife.

Perhaps with higher prices and things like that people are starting to adopt the method, or have your social circles been invaded by a bunch of Harp drinking, Tayto crisp loving hallions with accents just a touch different from your own? If so, I'm afriad you've been infected with Irishitis.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27873
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 11:18:18 AM   
elab49

I'm a sad stay at home as a rule but years back when I went to Madrid I was astonished to discover the night doesn't start till a time most back here would be going home. We were being looked after by friend of a friends family so went out with them - no wonder they need a midday siesta!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 27874
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 11:33:43 AM   
Rebenectomy

Yeah I've heard that before. They also tend not to dress up as much. A group of what would be classed as 'girly girls' I know went to Madrid for a weekend, and said people were staring at them at 11 o'clock at night when there weren't many people out they were noticeably overdressed.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 27875
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 4:01:02 PM   
SadFace

Here at uni in Leicester, there seems to be two types of 'night out', amongst the students at least. There's going to a few bars, or there's drinking at home and then going to a club after. The only time these two mix is usually on socials, ie society bar crawls.

What surprised me the most though was that there's been times where we don't leave to go to a club until gone 1am, whereas back home, in a much smaller town, I'll have probably not been far away from being ready to leave, or have already left, to go home by then.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

Post #: 27876
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 4:24:13 PM   
MonsterCat

I'm thinking Channel 4 really get some prize wankers to appear on Come Dine With Me.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 27877
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 4:32:46 PM   
Shifty Bench

I am watching Torque (2004) on Lovefilm and I'm thinking, this has got to be a parody, right? Right?

EDIT: Yes, it is. Phew.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 12/5/2013 4:46:51 PM >

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 27878
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 5:34:35 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

quote:

On an unrelated note - I've never understood how people can be arsed waiting until this time of night before going out. I know a big part of it these days is the fact it's cheaper to drink in the house first, which is fair enough, I don't mind having a few drinks at somebody's house before heading out. But as long as I'm heading out at a decent enough time. Because it gets to a certain time in the evening that I just can't be hooped, especially if I'm sitting comfortably in somebody's house.

If I'm going out I like to go to pubs and bars first for the atmosphere and the liveliness. I could never go straight from a flat/house to a club.

When I first moved to Belfast I was really surprised at the carry out first, plub by about 11pm culture. As a Geordie I was so used to be out by 7-8pm, and while the licensing laws weren't 24 hour as they are now, in a club until 2.30-3am. A night out was exactly that, a whole night.

Here people normally drink in the house first, head to the bar or 'club' (and I use that terms loosely as there is only a very limited club culture in Norn Iron) at 11ish 'til around 2, then back to a house party, which can sometimes last days. I was advised that this has roots in the troubles when there were security alerts, curfews, check points etc to take into account, meaning home drinking has played a huge part in the nightlife.

Perhaps with higher prices and things like that people are starting to adopt the method, or have your social circles been invaded by a bunch of Harp drinking, Tayto crisp loving hallions with accents just a touch different from your own? If so, I'm afriad you've been infected with Irishitis.

What would be the cure?

It's always been the case that before a night out we'll often meet at somebody's beforehand for a drink, and I don't mind it if it's just for one. But I prefer to get out and into a 'night out' atmosphere as soon as possible, otherwise because I'm not drinking alcohol, I just lose all desire to head out by a certain point. Especially if everyone else is blootered by then. I have the same time frame as your Geordie roots - out by 8 or 9 ish, then club until it closes.

Last night my flatmate and his mates were here until almost 12 and then disappeared off into the night. And returned at 5.30am.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 27879
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 6:16:44 PM   
Shifty Bench

Now I am watching The Cold Light Of Day and looking at how gorgeous Spain looks, I think I know why Bruce Willis agreed to film what is essentially a cameo.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27880
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 7:32:37 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I am watching Torque (2004) on Lovefilm and I'm thinking, this has got to be a parody, right? Right?

EDIT: Yes, it is. Phew.

Kurtwood pimped that movie on here to the point that the director contacted him and thanked him for it. True story.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 27881
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 7:41:44 PM   
Shifty Bench

Pffft, that's just Empire Urban Legend, right? Right??????

(the film is kind of genius, actually......)

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 27882
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 7:51:32 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Pffft, that's just Empire Urban Legend, right? Right??????

(the film is kind of genius, actually......)

That shit actually happened, yo.

Also: the film really isn't much cop. Sorry, Mr Torque Director, if you're reading this.

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 27883
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 7:58:57 PM   
Shifty Bench

It's a masterpiece of modern action movie parody!!!!!!

(not really, but knowing the director intended it as a piss-take made it more fun in its ridiculousness. Also, it is fucking amazing compared to The Cold Light Of Day)

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 12/5/2013 8:00:33 PM >

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 27884
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 8:10:23 PM   
sanchia

quote:

(not really, but knowing the director intended it as a piss-take made it more fun in its ridiculousness. Also, it is fucking amazing compared to The Cold Light Of Day)

Amoebic dysentery is amazing compared to The Cold Light of Day.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 27885
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 8:11:57 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

Put that on the poster.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 27886
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 8:15:52 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

quote:

This is very true. Ugh, that fucking film. Not only did it waste Bruce Willis it wasted my life for 90 minutes. Actually, it took me about twice as long to finish it because I kept pausing to do something else. I'm going to watch a good film now. Hell, even a mediocre film will do.

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 12/5/2013 8:16:31 PM >

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 27887
RE: What are you thinking......... - 12/5/2013 10:20:42 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SadFace

Here at uni in Leicester, there seems to be two types of 'night out', amongst the students at least. There's going to a few bars, or there's drinking at home and then going to a club after. The only time these two mix is usually on socials, ie society bar crawls.

What surprised me the most though was that there's been times where we don't leave to go to a club until gone 1am, whereas back home, in a much smaller town, I'll have probably not been far away from being ready to leave, or have already left, to go home by then.

I was at Uni of Leicester last year and what tended to be the case was people would have a house party until about 3am and then go to the Students' Union because it was open to 6am and entry was free and the bar was never rammed because most people would have gone home/too drunk to order more drinks.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 27888
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/5/2013 8:59:04 AM   
UTB

Vicky Pryce looks like a cross bewteen Austin Powers and Nigel Slater. But female.

Yeah baby!

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 27889
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/5/2013 9:08:35 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Vicky Pryce looks like a cross bewteen Austin Powers and Nigel Slater. But female.

Yeah baby!

Vicky Price with Patty Bouvier, yesterday:

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 27890
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/5/2013 9:16:07 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

Put that on the poster.

There's afilm to remember to help undercut any Man of Steel excitement.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 27891
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/5/2013 10:16:42 AM   
sharkboy

I'm wondering whether that new Lambo is the most beautiful car I've seen in years or the ugliest. Ladies and gents, the Lambourghini Egoista concept car, designed to mimic stealth jets down to the radar-absorbing paintjob:

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 27892
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/5/2013 6:10:39 PM   
sanchia

It appears a major employer in the Norwich area is about to ship most of the jobs offshore (it worked so well when they did it last time they did it a few years ago that they had to bring them all back). This time it is pretty much the entire workforce going other than a few who are going to be left to answer the complaints about the offshore staff. My sister is hoping she is one of the ones who gets made redundant as she remembers how bad it was last time.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 27893
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/5/2013 7:31:30 PM   
Sway

Can't believe I didn't know parts of Fast and Furious 6 were shot in Glasgow.

Why have all these films used Glasgow after I lived there for 8 years. Damn you, Hollywood!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 27894
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/5/2013 7:39:46 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Really? I didn't know this either. I hope The Rock wasn't there or if he was that they didn't hire extras that day or my mate will be upset. And I'll laugh until my ribs hurt. Won't anyone think of my poor ribs?

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 13/5/2013 7:40:31 PM >

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27895
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/5/2013 7:56:28 PM   
sanchia

quote:

quote:

Really? I didn't know this either. I hope The Rock wasn't there or if he was that they didn't hire extras that day or my mate will be upset. And I'll laugh until my ribs hurt. Won't anyone think of my poor ribs?

Apparently none of the main cast made it North of The Wash.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 27896
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/5/2013 2:16:29 AM   
Larry of Arabia

Nothing worse than nodding off in front of the telly and then having to go through the whole rigmarole of getting changed and crawling under the covers.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 27897
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/5/2013 7:16:56 AM   
sanchia

My elderly aunt does that all the time.

I believe that one particular astronaut has done more to promote the cause of going into space than NASA has in the last decade.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 27898
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/5/2013 3:41:13 PM   
horribleives

quote:

It appears a major employer in the Norwich area is about to ship most of the jobs offshore
(it worked so well when they did it last time they did it a few years ago that they had to bring them all back). This time it is pretty much the entire workforce going other than a few who are going to be left to answer the complaints about the offshore staff. My sister is hoping she is one of the ones who gets made redundant as she remembers how bad it was last time.

Pear Tree Productions?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 27899
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/5/2013 5:02:59 PM   
Sway

I am plum tuckered from another two days back in work.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 27900
Page:   <<   < prev  928 929 [930] 931 932   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  928 929 [930] 931 932   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI