Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  926 927 [928] 929 930   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/5/2013 11:31:50 PM   
kumar

Racism really fucks me off. But it does so much more than coming from other ethnicity's. If Nick Griffin were to come and tell me to "fuck off back to yer own cuntry ya terrorist cunt" I would be mad. Although on some level I could maybe, just possibly understand or accept what he was telling me. But if another asian/black/whatever told me the same thing I would be far more mad. Just like I was today.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 27811
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/5/2013 8:40:15 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

Ugh. After much recommendations and praise, I finally watched Dredd tonight.

Terrible, absolutely awful.

Really? I watched it for the first time last weekend and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It's not spectacular, but I thought it was a decent enough action film.

I bought it for this reason - everybody raved about it and said it was far better than you'd expect it to be. I found it really vacuous, dull, and far too cheesey. I love a lot of films that are tongue in cheek (the A-team for example), but this was just cringeworthy. I actually winced at some of the one liners. Not to mention it'd barely got to the hour mark and I was already checking how long I still had left to go...

I was dubious as soon as the bike chase started and it turns out the vehicles of the future are old vans. The only good thing I found about it was Urban and the slow motion bits which you could tell were about the 3D aspect just ground my gears.

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

[

The A Team has a flying tank, though. That was the point you were sold on it, I would imagine.

It wasn't flying it was falling slowly.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 6/5/2013 8:43:33 AM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27812
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/5/2013 10:40:48 AM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

Ugh. After much recommendations and praise, I finally watched Dredd tonight.

Terrible, absolutely awful.

Really? I watched it for the first time last weekend and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It's not spectacular, but I thought it was a decent enough action film.

I bought it for this reason - everybody raved about it and said it was far better than you'd expect it to be. I found it really vacuous, dull, and far too cheesey. I love a lot of films that are tongue in cheek (the A-team for example), but this was just cringeworthy. I actually winced at some of the one liners. Not to mention it'd barely got to the hour mark and I was already checking how long I still had left to go...

I was dubious as soon as the bike chase started and it turns out the vehicles of the future are old vans. The only good thing I found about it was Urban and the slow motion bits which you could tell were about the 3D aspect just ground my gears.

Ugh, I got fed up with all the slow motion scenes. Yes, I know that was 'The Point' since the drug they were using was called Slo-Mo (how clever!), but it began to grate on me. Not to mention those scenes were all sparkly........

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 27813
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/5/2013 11:46:15 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I was dubious as soon as the bike chase started and it turns out the vehicles of the future are old vans.

If I didn't let Kirk driving a Corvette Stingray, with his "HELLO! NO I'M IN A CAR!" ringtone and listening to Beastie Boys bother me, old vans were never going to get to me

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 27814
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/5/2013 9:19:35 PM   
Hood_Man

Watching Curse of the Black Pearl at the moment and two things have occurred to me.

1) This film is 10 years old

2) After the 3 sequels which failed to live up to expectations, it's great to see that this film is still as fresh and fun as I remembered.

...although, despite every other character saying otherwise, Orlando Bloom and Stellan Skarsgard really look nothing alike

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 27815
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/5/2013 8:11:39 PM   
Funkyrae

I've taken on a role in a new film called Succubi. According to one executive producer, it's likely to end up being banned. The writer/director is known for his 'out there' stuff that looks at boundaries and laughs at them while kicking them over.

I'm thinking that my comfort zone is well and truly going for a Burton.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27816
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/5/2013 9:12:19 PM   
SadFace

THE MOUSE IS BACK. IT JUST RAN UNDER MY BED.

This house is like a fucking zoo. A shit one though.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 27817
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/5/2013 9:12:36 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

I'm praying that the weather in Melbourne right now isn't as shitty as it was last week, driving three hours into a miserable cold city is the worst

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 27818
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/5/2013 9:23:41 PM   
Sway

Lovely day!

Spot of crazy golf in the sunshine followed by a BBQ on my pal's roof.

Needless to say I am a typical Scot and managed to get burnt.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 27819
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/5/2013 10:57:43 AM   
paul_ie86

I'm wondering how many hours a day matty spends on tumblr to have all these gifs ready at a moments notice.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27820
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/5/2013 11:22:12 AM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 27821
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/5/2013 7:00:14 PM   
Sway

Big day for me tomorrow - I return to work!

I've been off since the end of October. I really can't wait to get back, so excited.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 27822
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/5/2013 10:23:28 PM   
Hood_Man

Someone's very nicely helping me with my CV at the moment, but I'm seriously struggling to write down my interests in a way that would look good on it. I've already put my best Film related example (a documentary I made a few years ago), but I don't think I'd get away with mentioning another film related example.

[EDIT]

What can I say? I'm an introvert. I have very few interests, but when I do have one I become fanatic about it.

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 8/5/2013 10:26:19 PM >

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27823
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 1:01:07 AM   
Larry of Arabia

I thought the seagulls here were bad before, but walking home from the pictures today I saw one eating the remains of a pigeon who looked to have met an untimely end via a rather nasty run-in with a car. Myself and the bloke walking past me shared a mutual grimace. I averted my gaze from the avian cannibalism and moved on briskly lest I became ill and boaked upon myself.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27824
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 1:07:24 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

I thought the seagulls here were bad before, but walking home from the pictures today I saw one eating the remains of a pigeon who looked to have met an untimely end via a rather nasty run-in with a car. Myself and the bloke walking past me shared a mutual grimace. I averted my gaze from the avian cannibalism and moved on briskly lest I became ill and boaked upon myself.

Who knows, might help keep the pigeon population down. Birds eat other birds, of course. I used to live with a couple who had a barn owl and it was fed baby chicks.

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 27825
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 1:17:15 AM   
Larry of Arabia

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

Who knows, might help keep the pigeon population down. Birds eat other birds, of course. I used to live with a couple who had a barn owl and it was fed baby chicks.

Yes, but who eats the seagulls, UTB? FLYING BADGERS???

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 27826
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 9:01:10 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

I dunno, coastgoard?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 27827
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 11:01:54 AM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I dunno, coastgoard?

You're really slipping of late.

quote:

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 27828
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 11:46:22 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I dunno,coastgoard?

You're really slipping of late.

Do you know that feeling of well-being you felt when you noticed the "error" and posted the correction just there? That warmth of satisfaction and oneupmanship?

I did that.

You're welcome.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 27829
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 11:51:55 AM   
matty_b

quote:

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 27830
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 3:31:50 PM   
Sway

quote:

Nobody can appreciate the beast-like quality of the seagulls up here. They're practically the size of horses.

Myself and my brother almost ran over some in the car recently because there was a seagull fight going on, with two of them in the middle and a ring of supporters round them. In the middle of the road, and they wouldn't budge even when the car was practically upon them.

Post #: 27831
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 5:32:31 PM   
Hood_Man

A friend on Facebook just asked for costume ideas for an Australia themed night out, how much trouble could I get into for suggesting going as a stingray?

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27832
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 5:35:36 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

A friend on Facebook just asked for costume ideas for an Australia themed night out, how much trouble could I get into for suggesting going as a stingray?

I would imagine quite a lot.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27833
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 6:12:23 PM   
Shifty Bench

I wonder how many people will go as Rolf Harris? Genuine thought.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 27834
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 6:15:13 PM   
SadFace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I wonder how many people will go as Rolf Harris? Genuine thought.

At a Halloween party last year, someone came as Jimmy Savile. The most disturbing thing was actually how much he looked like him.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 27835
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 8:37:00 PM   
Scott_

I really hope that wasn't an actual Walking Dead spoiler on The Big Bang Theory..,

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 27836
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 8:45:23 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

I really hope that wasn't an actual Walking Dead spoiler on The Big Bang Theory..,

I thought the same thing! Surely that's going to attract a lot of complaints. I haven't seen any of Walking Dead, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to watch it.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 27837
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 8:46:35 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

I thought the same thing! Surely that's going to attract a lot of complaints. I haven't seen any of Walking Dead, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to watch it.

I found it odd given that they did warn up front about Harry Potter.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27838
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 8:49:27 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

Excuse my slowness, but what do you mean? How did they warn about the HP spoilers, they took me by surprise? I've never had any interest in HP and I realise there reaches a certain time after the films/books have been around that spoilers are fair game, but that's 2 spoilers for me for that, plus Walking Dead

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 27839
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/5/2013 8:52:48 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

Excuse my slowness, but what do you mean? How did they warn about the HP spoilers, they took me by surprise? I've never had any interest in HP and I realise there reaches a certain time after the films/books have been around that spoilers are fair game, but that's 2 spoilers for me for that, plus Walking Dead

The announcer warned about it immediately before the show started. I actually looked it up to see what it meant (although not that quickly since it was right at the start). Noticed there was a Walking Dead one and warned my husband in case he planned to ever watch it.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 9/5/2013 8:53:39 PM >

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27840
Page:   <<   < prev  926 927 [928] 929 930   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  926 927 [928] 929 930   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI