Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  917 918 [919] 920 921   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/4/2013 8:15:09 PM   
elab49

His claim he was misquoted in the Radio Times about fondling women's rears, in the face of a recording and a transcript.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 27541
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/4/2013 8:20:07 PM   
rawlinson

Sexual harassment - basically if a man decides to grab a woman's arse, women should just be able to take it.

Smoking - Smokers are being picked on and should get the same kind of protection as the disabled.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 27542
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/4/2013 8:36:07 PM   
MonsterCat

Jesus, and I thought his performance in Dungeons and Dragons was the most heinous thing Irons has done.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 27543
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/4/2013 9:20:10 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Sexual harassment - basically if a man decides to grab a woman's arse, women should just be able to take it.

Smoking - Smokers are being picked on and should get the same kind of protection as the disabled.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 27544
RE: What are you thinking......... - 5/4/2013 10:31:11 PM   
Darth Marenghi

A shame that such a phenomenal actor is also a phenomenal... 'twas ever thus, I suppose.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 27545
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/4/2013 1:15:59 AM   
horribleives

Was discussing Serpico earlier. Much as I like the film, he could've saved himself a whole load of bother by just getting his hair cut and not wearing fucking sandals.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 27546
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/4/2013 1:27:02 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Jesus, and I thought his performance in Dungeons and Dragons was the most heinous thing Irons has done.

No, it still is.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 27547
RE: What are you thinking......... - 6/4/2013 8:57:20 AM   
sanchia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GF6ouF0AXg

Let's laugh at his giant cravat.

On another note; I don't really use facebook much. Stop spamming me with three emails a day stating "do you know". I don't even have any clue who these people are and they appear to be friends with people who are not even my friends on the thing. I have changed the privacy setting but still they keep spamming me.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 6/4/2013 8:31:50 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 27548
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/4/2013 9:01:01 PM   
Sway

Phee-yoo. I'm absolutely wiped.

Moved back into the flat at the weekend and I feel like I've been non-stop ever since. Went out for drinks on Sat night, was out all yesterday, and had the docs at 08.30 this morning, so was out and about since then. Got back to my flat about 5ish. I feel like I've gone from 0 - 60, given how much walking I've done in comparison to recently.

I am going to sleep big time tonight and tomorrow is going to be a mega day of rest.

Still, it's great to be back in the flat again. I feel more independent once again and it marks a new phase.

< Message edited by Sway -- 8/4/2013 9:08:31 PM >

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 27549
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/4/2013 9:13:11 PM   
elab49

You also sound as if you've broken a few recovery barriers as well - all good stuff

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27550
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/4/2013 9:25:21 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

You also sound as if you've broken a few recovery barriers as well - all good stuff

Yeah I think maybe being back in my flat, and being forced to do more stuff for myself will help. I had the docs this morning and they want to do more blood tests just to make sure I'm not currently anaemic or anything given how fatigued I've still been feeling.

I still don't feel as well as I felt after my first op - I remember going into my work to discuss returning and that was the month after the op. This time I feel my body still isn't up to it just yet, and it's already two months since my last op.

There's definitely progress though which is certainly good.

< Message edited by Sway -- 8/4/2013 9:27:44 PM >

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 27551
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 12:04:44 PM   
jcthefirst

I am thinking SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Interviewing Mark Kermode on Friday. Little nervous. Not entirely sure why, but I am.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27552
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 12:42:08 PM   
matty_b

Wow, that's awesome! Who's the interview for?

If it's any reassurance, I have a friend who works with him and he says he's extremely nice and a pleasure to work for. I've met him once at a book signing and that was also the impression I got, so I imagine he'll be great fun to interview.

quote:

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 27553
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 1:12:55 PM   
jcthefirst

Website I do the odd wee article for, Following the Nerd.

Since I got the phone call I've been panicking quite a bit. Reading a few interviews online here and he does seem quite nice relaxed and genial interviewee, as you say, so that is very reassuring. Most for the past hour I've been thinking up questions that hopefully don't boil down to "Er, wut's yur favourit fillum?" I'd quite like to get a few questions that just get him talking for ages.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 27554
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 1:51:36 PM   
Sway

Why don't you approach it like the infamous Mila Kunis interview and just invite him to a football match or down t'local pub for a pint and some crisps.

I've always been indifferent about Mark Kermode - never really read or listened to his stuff, but a friend recently linked me a clip of him defending/praising Sunshine and I instantly took a like to him from then.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 27555
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 2:02:38 PM   
Timon

Ask him why the hell he was so hard on John Carter? He liked Stormrider for God's sake...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27556
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 2:26:53 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Ask him why the hell he was so hard on John Carter?

Maybe he really didn't like it. Crazy idea but it happens.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 27557
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 3:40:22 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Why don't you approach it like the infamous Mila Kunis interview and just invite him to a football match or down t'local pub for a pint and some crisps.

I've always been indifferent about Mark Kermode - never really read or listened to his stuff, but a friend recently linked me a clip of him defending/praising Sunshine and I instantly took a like to him from then.

Oddly, I wasn't too much of a fan of his until recently. I only ever saw him on his introductions to films on Film4 and the like, and always thought he came across as awfully smug and self satisfied. (perhaps it's just his face)

But now I think he's brilliantly outspoken and always argues his point extremely well. In fact, of late, I've not disagreed too much with any of his reviews.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27558
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 4:11:28 PM   
rawlinson

Ask him if he thinks the recent passing of Ebert marks the end of the old school style of film criticism and if a single critic could ever hope to have that kind of mainstream influence again in the internet age when anyone and everyone can be a critic.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 27559
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 4:22:28 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Ask him what he thinks of anyone who prefers Pirates 3 to The Exorcist.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 27560
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 4:29:45 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Do your interview in 2D by standing shoulder to shoulder with him and ask him to rate the interview out of 5.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 27561
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 4:38:20 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

Ask him if he thinks the recent passing of Ebert marks the end of the old school style of film criticism and if a single critic could ever hope to have that kind of mainstream influence again in the internet age when anyone and everyone can be a critic.

Would you mind if I stole that verbatim?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

I, too, prefer Pirates 3 to The Exorcist, but only because I haven't seen the latter.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Do your interview in 2D by standing shoulder to shoulder with him and ask him to rate the interview out of 5.

Excellent idea.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 27562
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 4:45:14 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

Would you mind if I stole that verbatim?

If you think it might be good, sure.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 27563
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 4:54:00 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

Oddly, I wasn't too much of a fan of his until recently. I only ever saw him on his introductions to films on Film4 and the like, and always thought he came across as awfully smug and self satisfied. (perhaps it's just his face)

But now I think he's brilliantly outspoken and always argues his point extremely well. In fact, of late, I've not disagreed too much with any of his reviews.

I don't think you're the first to have that initial impression of him.

I think he does have a slightly unfortunate face in that it does look quite smug by default and when you combine that with the fact he's passionate about his opinions, I think you can be forgiven for assuming he's very up himself.

But I'm a big fan, there's no other critic I really ever take the time to listen to, whether I agree with him or not. And as I say, genuinely good guy by all accounts.

quote:

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 27564
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 5:16:24 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

quote:

I don't think you're the first to have that initial impression of him.

I think he does have a slightly unfortunate face in that it does look quite smug by default and when you combine that with the fact he's passionate about his opinions, I think you can be forgiven for assuming he's very up himself.

But I'm a big fan, there's no other critic I really ever take the time to listen to, whether I agree with him or not. And as I say, genuinely good guy by all accounts.

I always had the misconception of him being some unbearably smug and dour smart arse like the insufferable Charlie Brooker. I was pretty surprised to watch the clip and see him talk in a fairly normal, non cynical or sarcastic manner without any hyperbole needed to make his point.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 27565
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/4/2013 11:56:51 PM   
horribleives

Just watching The Ladykillers for the first time in ages on BBC1. It may be some distance off the Coens best work but it's still bloody funny.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27566
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/4/2013 1:11:18 AM   
Goodfella

I'm going to see Oblivion tomorrow. To be honest I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan at all but I feel in the mood for a blockbuster and haven't been to the cinema in awhile and it just caught my attention, I don't think it's officially out in most cinemas in the UK until Friday either so a sneak preview sometimes makes it all the better!

Just hope it's not fully of pesky teenagers updating their Twitter and moaning about their failed adolescent love lives!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 27567
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/4/2013 1:19:01 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Anyone who thinks that way should be tied up in a burlap sack and thrown off a bridge.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 27568
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/4/2013 6:14:11 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Anyone who thinks that way should be tied up in a burlap sack and thrown off a bridge.

It'd be more fun than watching the Exorcist!

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 27569
RE: What are you thinking......... - 10/4/2013 11:11:11 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

It'd be more fun than watching the Exorcist!

It is recognized that you have a funny sense of fun.

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 27570
Page:   <<   < prev  917 918 [919] 920 921   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  917 918 [919] 920 921   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI