Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  900 901 [902] 903 904   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 11:23:51 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Ah, OK. Still not a clue who she is.

OK, try another way - when watching the Olympics opening ceremony and that awful woman singing Abide with Me atrociously out of tune, going both sharp and flat in the same phrase, did you not think then 'I don't know who that is'? This is her.

Fix'd.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 27031
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 11:56:22 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

I think (hope) Larry's taking the piss based on her being every-fucking-where over the last year.

I haven't a fucking clue who she is either.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 27032
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 11:59:42 AM   
horribleives

Mind, I never watched the Olympics opening ceremony. Or any of the Olympics.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 21/2/2013 12:00:21 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 27033
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 12:01:25 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Talk Talk Business is shit.

At the rate the internet connection keeps dropping I might actually have to get some work done today.

Yep. We've had a high-pitched whistle intermittently on one line for months. But because it never happens when the engineers run tests, there's 'nothing they can do, because the lines seem fine'. Oh, what, I'm lying to you? For shits and giggles?

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 27034
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 2:39:43 PM   
matty_b

Just had my first bit of hot food for over 24 hours.

And now the waiting game begins...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 27035
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 2:58:52 PM   
Hood_Man

I can only assume none of my neighbours were answering their doors earlier, as Amazon sent me a text this morning asking if I was happy to have my parcel delivered to my neighbour if I wasn't in (I wasn't), but when I got home I found a "You were out" card. I can't pick it up until Saturday now, and I was hoping for a lie in.

That's slightly peeving

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 27036
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 3:28:02 PM   
homersimpson_esq

My new phone has to be delivered to my home address, so a) I have to wait until Saturday to get it, and b) I have to get up early on Saturday to wait for a phone that I almost guarantee won't be delivered until 11.57am. If I sleep through, guarantee they'll come at 8.02am and I'll miss it.

Now we play the waiting game to see whether my current phone's tendency to say "internal memory full" eventually ends with it saying "errrrrrrrrrr" and dying completely before Saturday. /tense

(I'm getting a Nexus 4, since you asked.)

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27037
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 3:38:43 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

I can only assume none of my neighbours were answering their doors earlier, as Amazon sent me a text this morning asking if I was happy to have my parcel delivered to my neighbour if I wasn't in (I wasn't), but when I got home I found a "You were out" card. I can't pick it up until Saturday now, and I was hoping for a lie in.

That's slightly peeving

If it makes you feel any better, Postman Pats and delivery folk seem to be so lazy these days that they just stick those fucking cards through the door without even ringing the bell to see if you're in first. We've had dozens recently, and I'm mostly housebound at the moment, so it's not as if I'm out and missing them.

On an unrelated note, my next door neighbour just popped through with a bunch of dvds from her son for me. I'd seen them all except one - I actually felt guilty going through them all saying, 'um, seen, got it, seen, seen, got it', she'd even taken through The Wire. I've actually got shitloads of stuff to watch here already since I bought a load before I went into the hospital, and loads of my dvds from my flat are here. She asked me if I'd seen Mad Men, and I haven't, so she's going to take that through. Which is really lovely of her, but I've never really fancied watching it, and I was getting so excited because I was just going to wrap up Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Generation Kill, and I was going to rewatch BSG!

First world problems.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27038
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 8:02:26 PM   
Sway

Anybody bought anything from redbubble before? Just wondering if the quality of clothes is worth the price?

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27039
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 8:47:18 PM   
Scruffybobby

Seriously, what the fuck is the big deal with fucking Krispy Kreme doughnuts? Do they have crack in them or something?

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27040
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 9:09:05 PM   
matty_b

Yeah, I tried my first one last month. Really don't understand the fuss.

quote:

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 27041
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 9:23:26 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

That's slightly peeving

If it makes you feel any better, Postman Pats and delivery folk seem to be so lazy these days that they just stick those fucking cards through the door without even ringing the bell to see if you're in first. We've had dozens recently, and I'm mostly housebound at the moment, so it's not as if I'm out and missing them.

I caught our postie putting one through my letterbox once. I was like, hey man I'm right here, you didn't even ring the bell. He told me that the package was too big for him to bring, so he never had it. It was a single DVD (not even a box set) from Amazon.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27042
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 9:26:24 PM   
elab49

That is what I'd call conclusively busted!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 27043
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 9:40:05 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty
I caught our postie putting one through my letterbox once. I was like, hey man I'm right here, you didn't even ring the bell. He told me that the package was too big for him to bring, so he never had it. It was a single DVD (not even a box set) from Amazon.

Yeah, that happened to me once. The postie didn't even knock the door, he just put the card through the letterbox but he didn't realise that I was standing in the vestibule watching him do this. I opened the door and questioned him on it and he said he couldn't be arsed carrying the package (again, a dvd) round the street with him. My house is in the low numbers and was one of the first he went to! Anyway, after he finished with my street, I walked to his van and got the package of him then. I may add that this was not my usual postie, I think he was covering for the dude who usually delivers mail round my way.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 27044
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 9:59:40 PM   
Sway

Just finished re-watching Generation Kill. It gets better on repeat viewings.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 27045
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 10:03:30 PM   
Hood_Man

Those examples sound annoying If this was Royal Mail I could have at least picked it up this evening at the depot, as it's open until 8pm & they always take the post back there the same day if they've "missed" me, but annoyingly it was interlink express. I can't pick it up tomorrow as I finish work at 5 and won't get back to my flat unti 6, which is when their depot closes.

Chances are I'll probably wake up early on Saturday anyway, but I still don't really want to have to leave the house around 9am on a weekend.

Besides, I've got the Oscars to stay up for on Sunday, I need to prepare my sleep schedule so I can stay awake for it

Post #: 27046
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 10:12:45 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Besides, I've got the Oscars to stay up for on Sunday, I need to prepare my sleep schedule so I can stay awake for it

I wonder how many of us will be doing the old chatroom hammering this year.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27047
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 10:15:44 PM   
Shifty Bench

I'll be up, if I can. First one I've watched in a couple of years.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 27048
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 10:20:31 PM   
Hood_Man

This might sound really lame but the Empire Oscars chatroom is genuinely one of the highlights of my year I usually do it simultaneously with a mate on facebook as well though.

Unrelated, but do some animals just naturally look happier than others?

Take this seal for instance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov_QnDPVcz4

As soon as he appears I instantly imagine Leslie Phillips' voice saying "Hello "

Post #: 27049
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 10:24:02 PM   
Sway

quote:

Unrelated, but do some animals just naturally look happier than others?

Take this seal for instance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov_QnDPVcz4

As soon as he appears I instantly imagine Leslie Phillips' voice saying "Hello "

Yes..

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27050
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 10:31:11 PM   
Shifty Bench

Any excuse to post this-

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27051
RE: What are you thinking......... - 21/2/2013 11:42:52 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Any excuse to post this-

Aaaah, that's literally brought a tear to my eye - that's almost exactly what my dear departed Sally looked like when she was a puppy (actually, she didn't look that different when she was 14). Sniff.

Post #: 27052
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/2/2013 5:48:08 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

This might sound really lame but the Empire Oscars chatroom is genuinely one of the highlights of my year I usually do it simultaneously with a mate on facebook as well though.

I can never get the chatroom for work

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Seriously, what the fuck is the big deal with fucking Krispy Kreme doughnuts? Do they have crack in them or something?

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Yeah, I tried my first one last month. Really don't understand the fuss.

Krispy Kremes > Almost every other foodstuff ever.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27053
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/2/2013 12:01:29 PM   
steffols

I had a Krispy Kreme doughnut in Manchester. I'd never had one before and my best friend raves about them. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was eating just a massive handful of pure sugar

< Message edited by steffols -- 22/2/2013 12:02:05 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 27054
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/2/2013 1:04:56 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

I had a Krispy Kreme doughnut in Manchester. I'd never had one before and my best friend raves about them. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was eating just a massive handful of pure sugar

Whats wrong with that? Unless your diabetic.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 27055
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/2/2013 1:19:53 PM   
horribleives

They've just opened a Krispey Kreme in Newcastle and I keep meaning to go in but the decor gives me a headache.
Here Matty, speaking of food, you been into Zapatista, 'Newcastle's First Burrito Bar!' yet (it's on Ridley Place, just opposite where Volume Records used to be)? I went for the first time yesterday and I've already decided I'm going again today. And tomorrow. And sunday. Mmmmmm...

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 27056
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/2/2013 1:31:24 PM   
matty_b

I haven't, but on that recommendation, I think I will be soon.

quote:

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 27057
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/2/2013 1:35:24 PM   
horribleives

http://www.zapatistaburrito.com/

Get amongst it.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 27058
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/2/2013 2:09:09 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill
Unless your diabetic.

And Homer bursts a blood vessel in 3... 2... 1...

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 27059
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/2/2013 2:38:37 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

I take you're talking about the mass excitement about the one opened at Hermiston Gate?

No idea why people are risking getting ran over for them but I'm going to take a trip over after work today to sample a dozen or so.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 27060
Page:   <<   < prev  900 901 [902] 903 904   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  900 901 [902] 903 904   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI