Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  888 889 [890] 891 892   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 4:02:19 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: chewbacasnapsak

I spent last night / early morning on a night inspection of a concrete platform at a railway station, this involved blocking the line and crawling beneath the platform and noting defects in the structure. It took nine hours to do 200m. A couple of those hours of which was spent clearing out and inspecting the area for used needles before we could start, we found dozens of them.
I felt quite angry at first and then incredibly saddened that someones life ends up crawled up beneath a railway platform shooting up.

I'd feel sad up to a point then angry that they'd leave needles lying about. There's people with a problem that need help and deserve sympathy then there's scum like that.

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 26671
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 4:03:23 PM   
horribleives

They must have been big Trainspotting fans.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 26672
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 4:34:24 PM   
Harley Quinn

I want to kick my Mum, Stepdad and sister in the face. Driving me insane.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 26673
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 6:56:32 PM   
Hood_Man

I ummed and ahhed about cancelling my day off tomorrow as I thought the show would keep work shut, but looking at the weather forecast now it seems that it might not be too bad, so work will probably be open.

Looks like I've made the right decision...

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 26674
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 8:07:19 PM   
Hood_Man

A rather large male twirling a double edged lightsabre... is he aware of what might follow?

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 26675
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 10:05:08 PM   
UTB

Heading home after The Last Stand premiere. We had front row seats and Arnold was on stage with Knoxville and Jamie Alexander.

Not often I am a little starstruck but seeing him up close was a bit special having watched his films since a kid.

Snuck past him on the red carpet too!

Film was pretty good too!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 26676
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 10:20:56 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Heading home after The Last Stand premiere. We had front row seats and Arnold was on stage with Knoxville and Jamie Alexander.

Not often I am a little starstruck but seeing him up close was a bit special having watched his films since a kid.

Snuck past him on the red carpet too!

Film was pretty good too!

Your enthusiasm is infectious, I feel excited for you!

On a rather useless side note, I've been watching Jackass over the past couple of days, specifically the latter two films which I hadn't seen yet and I must say Knoxville is really starting to age. I mean I know he's 40 something now, but I couldn't help thinking he was looking a little haggard in the face. I suppose being thrown around by rampaging bulls several times will do that to you That and the inevitable ageing process.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 26677
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 11:03:07 PM   
UTB

Knoxville is looking a bit older, yeah, though as Mrs UTB put it: "He scrubs up well, doesn't he?!".

Arnold, to his credit even shouted "Get to da choppa!" on the way out.

I was hoping I'd pop up in one of the interviews... low and behold:

That's one off the bucket list

< Message edited by UTB -- 22/1/2013 11:16:27 PM >

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26678
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 11:43:00 PM   
Hood_Man

The look on Arnie's face suggests you should have added him to the Deadpool list while you were at it.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 26679
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 11:46:14 PM   
Sway

That's awesome.

You know you can now legitimately tell people you've shared the screen with Arnie?

< Message edited by Sway -- 22/1/2013 11:51:59 PM >

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 26680
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 11:48:10 PM   
MonsterCat

Two questions: is it any good, and was Kim Jee Woon there?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26681
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 11:57:31 PM   
elab49

Schwarzenegger and Knoxville are surely a clusterfuck of bad acting. What Kim had to work with 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 26682
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/1/2013 11:58:10 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Two questions: is it any good, and was Kim Jee Woon there?

1. Yes. The trailer doesn't do it justice, really. There's a whole other movie in there with Forest Whither's character and he's almost in it as much as Arnold.

The action is excellent, the 15 rating well deserved (plenty of swearing and blood) and you can see the difference a film like this has with a Korean behind the camera. It's a lot of fun though.

2. Didn't see him unfortunately but don't think he was as he wasnt mentioned by the Lions Gate dude who introduced Arnold and co.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

That's awesome.

You know you can now legitimately tell people you've shared the screen with Arnie?

I look forward to boring people to death with it. Mrs UTB's in there too at one point. Great to share the moment :)

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 26683
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 12:02:13 AM   
horribleives

My girlfriend's mam's having a mastectomy tomorrow.
It's great that it's getting dealt with early and that but I've just about had enough of this cancer lark.
Not enough to quit smoking, mind.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 26684
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 7:17:53 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Knoxville is looking a bit older, yeah, though as Mrs UTB put it: "He scrubs up well, doesn't he?!".

Arnold, to his credit even shouted "Get to da choppa!" on the way out.

I was hoping I'd pop up in one of the interviews... low and behold:

That's one off the bucket list

I am most perturbed that you do not in fact have testicles hanging off your chin (at least at that time, what you do in your spare time is your own business).

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 26685
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 7:48:11 AM   
UTB

I tucked them in.

Had I known I would be on the same camera as Arnold I should have done something like...

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 26686
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 9:23:02 AM   
Chief

Getting our puppy on Sunday, I'm strangely nervous.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 26687
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 9:29:13 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Awww, lots of pics please!! What breed are you getting?

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26688
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 9:46:21 AM   
Chief

Getting a Beagle. Great temperament apparently but are meant to be quite difficult to train. It's the mess and destruction I'm not looking forward to but it's all part of the puppy parcel I suppose.

I'm sure there will be plenty pics flying about!

Post #: 26689
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 10:32:28 AM   
UTB

Best of luck with the beagle! I must admit I don't miss the poop and destruction our boxer left when we first got him...

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26690
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 10:49:44 AM   
Chief

I'll hopefully get her trained up pretty rapid and, with my Mrs and my work schedule, she should never be in the house on her own for any length of time.

Edit: The dog, not the Mrs. obv.

< Message edited by Chief -- 23/1/2013 10:50:51 AM >

Post #: 26691
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 12:00:58 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Eep! I wish one of my friends would get a puppy or a kitten so I could go play with them. I can't get any myself because my current flatmate won't allow pets. Please post loads of pics!

Any names thought of yet?

Edit: Sometimes my writing leaves a lot to be desired, I like to write like Yoda talks. *Thought of any names yet?

< Message edited by Sway -- 23/1/2013 12:01:42 PM >

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26692
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 12:08:28 PM   
Chief

It's a bitch so I've left the naming up to the Mrs and my daughter, 99% it's going to be Poppy. I got vetoed for Captain America.

Post #: 26693
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 12:09:37 PM   
Sway

quote:

It's a bitch so I've left the naming up to the Mrs and my daughter, 99% it's going to be Poppy. I got vetoed for Captain America.

I'm not surprised. Of all the ones you could have picked..... Iron Man would have been my choice.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26694
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 12:12:12 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

Eep! I wish one of my friends would get a puppy or a kitten so I could go play with them. I can't get any myself because my current flatmate won't allow pets. Please post loads of pics!

Any names thought of yet?

Edit: Sometimes my writing leaves a lot to be desired, I like to write like Yoda talks. *Thought of any names yet?

Like Miss Piggy???

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26695
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 12:13:32 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

I'm calling my next dog Batman.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26696
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 12:14:53 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

Actually, based on the frapes of some of my gay male friends, the trend tends to be for implying that they are transvestites. Now I need to make friends with some transvestites and find out what the common practice frape for them is.

So fraping turns 'straight people gay and turns gays into Mexicans. Everyone goes down a notch.'

/Peter Griffin

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 26697
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 5:54:51 PM   
sanchia

quote:

Getting a Beagle. Great temperament apparently but are meant to be quite difficult to train. It's the mess and destruction I'm not looking forward to but it's all part of the puppy parcel I suppose.

I'm sure there will be plenty pics flying about!

There is one who lives near me who the owners have nicknamed "The Bugger" (not for sexual proclivity but temperament). Any more bolshy and he would storm the Winter Palace.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26698
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 6:00:50 PM   
Hood_Man

When my dad was a boy he and my aunt unofficially adopted a stray cat (as in, it came into their house one day, they fed it, and it kept coming back). One day it got sick so they had to take it to the vet, & they suddenly realised they had to give it a name.

They called it Cat.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 26699
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/1/2013 6:03:38 PM   
Sway

Woah.

Just got a text from somebody I used to be really good mates with over ten years ago. He was always absolutely mental - in a 'loving life' kind of way, always up to something outrageous and always saying yes to every crazy opportunity that came his way. Our friendship worked because we both laughed at the same things and never took ourselves seriously.

As is quite often the way, life goes on and friendships drift apart. Living in different cities and having different social circles meant we only sporadically kept in touch with each other.

Anyway he'd been speaking to my brother recently on facebook and had found out about my current health problems and he just text to ask how I was doing and if I was ok. It's kinda taken me aback.... For a start I've got a 'friend' who I used to see weekly for the past 2 years that has shown less interest/concern than this, and secondly it's so weird to hear him speaking about anything serious and seem genuinely concerned for me as our conversations were always ridiculous nonsense.

Feels really nice though.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 26700
Page:   <<   < prev  888 889 [890] 891 892   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  888 889 [890] 891 892   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI