Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  881 882 [883] 884 885   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/1/2013 10:25:20 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Huh, on another note I've just watched 21 Jump Street.

Almost turned it off within 10 minutes but out of boredom carried on with it and was actually surprised. And I was mostly surprised at Channing Tatum. I've avoided everything with him in it since I saw in him A Guide to Recognising Your Saints. Mainly because none of the films he's been in since then have appealed to me, but also because he's always had one of those faces I've irrationally REALLY wanted to punch.

Turns out he's actually not as smug as he looks, and is pretty good at comedy.

Exactly my thoughts after watching. Magic Mike wasn't bad either.

Not that I thought that much of 21 Jump St, just the surprise bit.

I think everyone's cinematic surprise this year has been a combination of Tatum and McConnaughey.

Everyone should watch Lone Star! Now. Immediately!

And Lincoln Lawyer was not bad at all.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 26461
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/1/2013 1:03:27 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

There's someone who I had on my facebook (hidden though now), who's boyfriend is at a different university. This is, of course, a perfectly normal situation for many people in the world.

But her statuses are just so saccharine (and badly spelt!) - every other day there was a "cant believ Im missing my hunny so much - I love u more than life xxxx" or a "skype doesnt cut it, there are nites when a girl needs her man - u no what i mean, ladies! ;) #needsom1tocuddle #sexybf" or a "got 2 speak wiv my baby today, hearing his voice makes me love him more"

I get that she missed him, but the guy visits her/she visits him every weekend - it was irritating beyond belief.

This is taken directly from my cousin's page and I swear to God every single post is like this;

"Do you know how much I love you baby girl...
You're the girl of my dreams! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxx
Xxx
Xx
X"

I LOVE YOU (insert name of g.f here)!!!

You are my life.....now and forever!
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxx
Xxx
Xx
X

I just miss her, is all.

My friend's fiance does this all the time: "Mishu mishu" despite the fact that they live together and he's only gone to work.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26462
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/1/2013 6:21:18 PM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

Huh, on another note I've just watched 21 Jump Street.

Almost turned it off within 10 minutes but out of boredom carried on with it and was actually surprised. And I was mostly surprised at Channing Tatum. I've avoided everything with him in it since I saw in him A Guide to Recognising Your Saints. Mainly because none of the films he's been in since then have appealed to me, but also because he's always had one of those faces I've irrationally REALLY wanted to punch.

Turns out he's actually not as smug as he looks, and is pretty good at comedy.

Exactly my thoughts after watching. Magic Mike wasn't bad either.

Not that I thought that much of 21 Jump St, just the surprise bit.

I think everyone's cinematic surprise this year has been a combination of Tatum and McConnaughey.

Elab I didn't think the film was all that great, it just wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting, and it was different too. It went a bit sideways from my expectations, rather than surpassing them or falling short.

So what's the chat about McConnaughey then? I assume we're talking about Matthew?

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 26463
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/1/2013 6:49:56 PM   
matty_b

Yep. A hat-trick of Magic Mike, The Lincoln Lawyer and Killer Joe has made a lot of people re-evaluate their vacuous pretty boy impressions of him.

I've not seen the last two, but have heard lots of great things about his performance in them, and he's surprisingly terrifying in Killer Joe.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26464
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/1/2013 6:51:45 PM   
sanchia

quote:

So what's the chat about McConnaughey then? I assume we're talking about Matthew?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26465
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/1/2013 7:12:17 PM   
Sway

quote:

Yep. A hat-trick of Magic Mike, The Lincoln Lawyer and Killer Joe has made a lot of people re-evaluate their vacuous pretty boy impressions of him.

I've not seen the last two, but have heard lots of great things about his performance in them, and he's surprisingly terrifying in Killer Joe.

Fair nuff. I really need to get my film on again this year. Last year I really slipped with it, and as of right now I really couldn't tell you about any films out in the cinema other than The Hobbit.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 26466
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/1/2013 7:40:23 PM   
jcthefirst

Has anyone ever used a trade in site? Like Music Magpie, but NOT Music Magpie. I've heard horrible things about tradeyourstuff.com, but they ARE giving more cash.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26467
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/1/2013 7:41:30 PM   
matty_b

Damn it, I'm in the house by myself and Jr's toy plane has gone off by itself AGAIN.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 26468
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/1/2013 8:01:31 PM   
Sway

I have once again become addicted to online monopoly.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 26469
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/1/2013 8:25:45 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Killer Joe is tits but it's put me off fried chicken drumsticks.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 26470
RE: What are you thinking......... - 7/1/2013 10:47:15 PM   
Sway

I get really uncontrollably and irrationally angry when I hear the sound of snoring.

Could be at any time of the day, even when I'm not trying to get to sleep myself.... The sound really riles me up.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 26471
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 9:03:14 AM   
sharkboy

I was gobsmacked to discover that hoardes of Justin Beiber fans have taken to cutting themselves in protest at the revelation that their favourite oxygen thief may have had the audacity to partake of a spliff or two, promising to quit only when he "gets clean".  If I could offer them any advice it is this - remember girls, it's down the vein, not across.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26472
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 9:11:11 AM   
jonson

Ouch
I have 2 Bieber fans in my house, although both of them did say "get over it, it's only a spliff" when they heard the news (much eye-brow raising from me )
That said I hope it goes onto hard drugs. I paid a silly amount of money at a charity auction last year for a signed Bieber gold disc (I was drunk ok?) and now I'm thinking it might be worth more one day if he OD's.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 26473
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 9:47:35 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Ouch
I have 2 Bieber fans in my house, although both of them did say "get over it, it's only a spliff" when they heard the news (much eye-brow raising from me )
That said I hope it goes onto hard drugs. I paid a silly amount of money at a charity auction last year for a signed Bieber gold disc (I was drunk ok?) and now I'm thinking it might be worth more one day if he OD's.

Or plummets in value, like a Jim'll Fix It medal, if he's outed as a nonce.

< Message edited by Chief -- 8/1/2013 9:48:16 AM >

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 26474
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 10:30:42 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Ouch

Can a child be a nonce?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26475
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 12:08:08 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

I was gobsmacked to discover that hoardes of Justin Beiber fans have taken to cutting themselves in protest at the revelation that their favourite oxygen thief may have had the audacity to partake of a spliff or two, promising to quit only when he "gets clean".  If I could offer them any advice it is this - remember girls, it's down the vein, not across.

Heard about this last night; originated from 4chan, I believe.

Were 12 year old girls always this stupid?

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 26476
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 12:08:37 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

Ouch

Can a child be a nonce?

Is Martin Short?

I'm confused.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 26477
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 12:40:14 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Beilebers are fucking cuckoo.

The vitriol they fling at any girl who dares to jump Justin's bones is so bizarre.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 8/1/2013 12:46:09 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 26478
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 12:57:54 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

Fair nuff. I really need to get my film on again this year. Last year I really slipped with it, and as of right now I really couldn't tell you about any films out in the cinema other than The Hobbit.

Well, this month's a pretty good time to start - Django Unchained, The Impossible, Lincoln, Gangster Squad, Zero Dark Thirty and The Sessions are all just out or coming soon and all sound rather promising. Oh, and Life Of Pi's sodding brilliant too.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26479
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 2:45:53 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

Bit much.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 26480
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 2:51:03 PM   
sharkboy

I disagree

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 26481
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 2:53:51 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

It was a tad below the belt.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 26482
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 3:04:24 PM   
paul_ie86

quote:

I disagree

OK then, telling teenage girls to cut themselves in a way that causes more damage is definitely the way to go

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 26483
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 3:12:11 PM   
Chief

I think jumping off of bridges is the preferred method for teenage girls.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 26484
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 3:33:26 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

quote:

I disagree

OK then, telling teenage girls to cut themselves in a way that causes more damage is definitely the way to go

Aye, I'm sure the thousands of teenage girls who come on here read sharkboy's post then went and did just that...

< Message edited by horribleives -- 8/1/2013 3:39:36 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 26485
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 4:08:23 PM   
Sway

Looks like I'm possibly going to move back into my flat this weekend, after a month and a bit of being back at my parents and being looked after.

I've felt such a difference even within the past week in terms of what my body is capable of doing now. I was in town and got my hair done yesterday, I feel like a proper person again.

So next step is to return to independent living!

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 26486
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 5:11:52 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

quote:

I disagree

Aye, I'm sure the thousands of teenage girls who come on here read sharkboy's post then went and did just that...

I just turn to ice cream.

Post #: 26487
RE: What are you thinking......... - 8/1/2013 5:13:21 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

Ouch

Can a child be a nonce?

Is the Pope a Catholic?

Sorry, doesn't really make sense, i just wanted to get Pope and nonce in a post.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 26488
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/1/2013 4:45:24 PM   
horribleives

I feel like I'm missing out but, try as I might, I don't find any of this Gizoogle stuff funny in the slightest.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 26489
RE: What are you thinking......... - 9/1/2013 4:48:53 PM   
Chief

Would you prefer a picture of an animal swearing? It can be arranged.

Post #: 26490
Page:   <<   < prev  881 882 [883] 884 885   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  881 882 [883] 884 885   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI