Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  877 878 [879] 880 881   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 7:59:04 AM   
Sway

Just tried to click on the nature thread and chrome keeps throwing up a red page warning me of malware from a particular site that will infect my computer if I continue on and enter the thread anyway.

Anybody else getting this?

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 26341
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 8:15:11 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Yep, just tried it and got the warning message.

Tried with Firefox and it's fine. Can't see anything odd in the thread

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26342
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 11:01:33 AM   
steffols

Yeah I'm getting it as well. Told Elab last night and she said its a problem with the browser rather than the site, but I don't want to take a chance and mess around with settings.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 26343
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 12:08:28 PM   
sanchia

I am getting it also, yet did not first thing this morning. It appears to relate to Adrants.com which I presume there is some link on the page?

On another note, it seems a tad distasteful that after making what essentially was a character assassination on Hitchcock in the rather awful BBC 2 film The Girl they are now showing a selection of his films.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 28/12/2012 12:11:57 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 26344
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 12:13:45 PM   
steffols

Checked the sites twitter page. They are having some malware warning problems, but apparently its getting sorted.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 26345
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 12:20:45 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I am getting it also, yet did not first thing this morning. It appears to relate to Adrants.com which I presume there is some link on the page?

On another note, it seems a tad distasteful that after making what essentially was a character assassination on Hitchcock in the rather awful BBC 2 film The Girl they are now showing a selection of his films.

To be fair, all the stuff in there, while not particular revelatory, has been backed up by numerous accounts, biographies etc. Though I agree it wasn't very good.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 26346
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 1:07:09 PM   
sanchia

There are quite a few conflicting details with regards to why did some things with quite a few such as the dirty limericks apparently being a tool he used in directing and there are various recordings of him actually saying them when he wished to make the actress uncomfortable for a scene (or putting them at ease depending on the actress), Kim Novak experienced similar actions to Hedren but provided drastically different motivation behind it and lambasted the claims when they appeared in the biography. Also to essentially portray him as what was essentially a monster one step away from a rapist was rather distasteful to say the least. There is no denying he was a bit of a perv but there is nothing to back up the claims in the level it was portrayed here and at the same time Toby Jones was pretty awful as Hitchcock.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 26347
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 4:25:36 PM   
horribleives

Sure, there's been conflicting viewpoints aired since it was first shown in Octrober, but what's to say the evidence of Kim Novak (or the others in the pro-Hitchcock camp) is more compelling than Hedren's? And a lot of this stuff has been written about and claimed for years, why are all these former colleagues suddenly defending him and saying 'he'd never do that!' now it's been made into a film? There also seems to be (and I'm not talking about you, Sanchia) an element of sexism in a lot of the criticisms of Hedren, that either she's making it all up or even an implication that she encouraged it or should've just put up with it. For all we know she could be full of shit but then so could all of those in the know criticising the film (many of whom - such as Jim Brown's wife - hadn't even seen it).
Though I totally agree that Toby Jones wasn't much cop - he basically signposted the character as creepy from the off which, even if true, I'd imagine (from the stuff I've read anyway) that Hitchcock conducted himself in a slightly less-obviously perverted manner. And the voice was pretty shit too. Most disappointing though was that the film rarely explored Hitchcock's approach to film-making - the scene where he told ger to drop her voice during a read-through was the closest we got to seeing him actually directing.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 26348
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 4:36:21 PM   
sanchia

I get the impression it was more about the sleaze than the director. Hopfully the biopic with Hopkins in it will be significantly better.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 26349
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 4:40:18 PM   
Sway

Just flicking through the tv channels - why in fuckety is You've Been Framed still running? I just saw a video clip that was dated 1999. Seriously, who the hell still watches this? The internet has a plethora of funnier videos, and even if you don't have a computer/internet access, watching anything would be funnier than this crap.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 26350
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 8:36:57 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Just flicking through the tv channels - why in fuckety is You've Been Framed still running? I just saw a video clip that was dated 1999. Seriously, who the hell still watches this? The internet has a plethora of funnier videos, and even if you don't have a computer/internet access, watching anything would be funnier than this crap.

Simple farmers...people of the land...the common clay of the new west...y'know - morons.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 28/12/2012 8:37:32 PM >

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26351
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 8:40:07 PM   
Sway

On a more serious note, a friend of mine informed me today that one of our old mutual school friends lost their dad last month to cancer. That is terrible in itself, but what makes it even more sad and gut wrenching is that her mum died of cancer back when we were around 15 years old. We all used to be really good pals back then, and her mum used to always be 'Mummy Brown' to me, as I was round at the house so often. We went on activity camp holidays together and I was fairly devastated when her mum passed away. I remember being a wreck at the funeral and my friend, her sister and their dad were appearing incredibly strong infront of all of us. Her dad used to heckle me all the time and he jokingly made a dig about the state of me at the funeral.

To find out that they've now lost their dad too.... Ugh. I can't even comprehend it.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26352
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 8:43:44 PM   
matty_b

Sorry to hear that. A shitty, shitty thing to happen.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26353
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 8:50:39 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Sorry to hear that. A shitty, shitty thing to happen.

I haven't seen her dad in a number of years, and I haven't seen her in maybe 5 years or so - we don't actively keep intouch these days. Just one of those things where you grow up and move apart. But it still shocked me just because I still remember her mum's death and funeral so clearly. I can remember the time we went on a camping trip with her parents really clearly. And to think both of them are gone... wow. She's same age as me, so 27, and she has a younger sister who's maybe about 3-4 years younger.

I just feel utterly awful for them.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 26354
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 8:52:56 PM   
sanchia

It is terrible when you reach a certain age and suddenly people around you start losing their parents (and in some cases people you know die). It is a very depressing thing and really brings home mortality and how fragile all we know is.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26355
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 8:53:22 PM   
horribleives

Cancer really is an absolute cunt.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26356
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 9:03:41 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

It is terrible when you reach a certain age and suddenly people around you start losing their parents (and in some cases people you know die). It is a very depressing thing and really brings home mortality and how fragile all we know is.

True - starting with my dad in 2008(when I was 30) I've lost a relative every year since (though I'm fairly certain none of them were my fault) with a friend thrown in for luck in 2011. On the plus side, at every funeral I've been to I've had a bloody good feed.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 26357
RE: What are you thinking......... - 28/12/2012 11:05:07 PM   
jcthefirst

Wile windy out there tonight.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 26358
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/12/2012 9:03:02 AM   
sanchia

Civil awards seem a bit arbitrary. So one good year gets you a Knighthood whilst being consistently good for a few years makes you an MBE?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 26359
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/12/2012 10:00:29 AM   
elab49

It seems to be the highest for top place in more than one Olympics. That, IMO, disadvantages athletes and favours those that rely hwavily on expensive equipment.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 26360
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/12/2012 8:29:22 PM   
matty_b

You would think, that after unfriending someone on Facebook, then ignoring their subsequent message and attempt to refriend you, that they'd get the hint.

You would think that.

But no.

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 26361
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/12/2012 8:58:04 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

You would think, that after unfriending someone on Facebook, then ignoring their subsequent message and attempt to refriend you, that they'd get the hint.

You would think that.

But no.

I'M JUST LONELY.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 26362
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/12/2012 9:03:28 PM   
matty_b

Just take the hint, yeah?

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26363
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/12/2012 9:17:13 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Gonna have to have a think about who my real friends are methinks.

I had to cancel on one of my closest mates on Christmas Eve due to the fact my daughter wouldn't settle to sleep so I had to be on guard duty for the living room in case she came down stairs and saw that Santa had already been. I felt bad for cancelling because going to his house for a couple of glasses of JD and a few joints on Christmas Eve has been a tradition now since I was about 18. Still, ensuring the Santa myth wasn't exposed to my 7 year old daughter was more important to me so that was that.

I haven't heard from him since. He hasn't answered his phone or replied to any of my texts. Initially I was actually worried that something had happened to him but then I saw he was active on Facebook (and ignoring me there as well). I know that he's having a bit of a sulk because I had some nice weed put aside for Xmas and he didn't get to partake (I did suggest that he came over to mine on Xmas Eve but he didn't fancy it because he has to smoke in the garden here) but to ignore me for the whole of Xmas is pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back. He's been annoying me to various degrees for a good few months now so this is just the cherry on the cake. A 30 year friendship finished overnight pretty much because of weed.

All that remains now is to tell him to jog on when he bothers to get in contact.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 26364
RE: What are you thinking......... - 29/12/2012 11:03:33 PM   
Scruffybobby

I would love it..absolutely fucking love it if somewher in Monaco Roger Moore was actually online right now replying to all of us great unwashed. That would make my year...

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 26365
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/12/2012 1:26:39 AM   
Sumintelligentguy

Just rewatched Slumdog Millionaire after nearly 4 years.

Part of me is regretting it because now I really want to read the book but knowing what happens will make it seem i'm just going through the motions.

Nonetheless, still a stunning film.

< Message edited by Sumintelligentguy -- 30/12/2012 1:33:39 AM >

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 26366
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/12/2012 3:13:49 AM   
horribleives

I know I've only been posting for three and a half years so probably haven't put in enough hours in to pass comment but jesus - some people on here are fucking ruining this place.

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 26367
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/12/2012 4:14:56 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I know I've only been posting for three and a half years so probably haven't put in enough hours in to pass comment

Assuming this wasn't sarcasm Ives - this place doesn't have a hierarchy of postcounts/longtimers getting precedence so feel free to pass comment as much as you want.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 26368
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/12/2012 7:17:13 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

It's going to be really weird not hearing Tony Greig's commentary on the cricket any more. He's been an essential part of my summers for years now and it's just starting to dawn on me R.I.P. to the great man.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 26369
RE: What are you thinking......... - 30/12/2012 10:53:20 AM   
matty_b

Talking to Jr before I put him to bed last night -

"Daddy, I want to be like you when I grow up big."

Aw, how sweet! Isn't that what every father wants to hear?

"And be a policeman."

I'm not a policeman.

quote:

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 26370
Page:   <<   < prev  877 878 [879] 880 881   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  877 878 [879] 880 881   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI