Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  870 871 [872] 873 874   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/12/2012 6:06:37 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I'm thinking of course my mouth isn't going to hurt straight away after taking a tooth out as it's still completely numb.

90 minutes later though...

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 26131
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/12/2012 7:07:13 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

I'm thinking of course my mouth isn't going to hurt straight away after taking a tooth out as it's still completely numb.

I feel your pain man. I had to lose a tooth on Monday and it was one at the front as well. Hopefully the gap should close in time but looks fecking awful just now

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 26132
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/12/2012 7:30:04 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

I feel your pain man. I had to lose a tooth on Monday and it was one at the front as well. Hopefully the gap should close in time but looks fecking awful just now

Mine was the first premolar which is visible when I smile. I have to wait 6 months now for the gum to heal and settle before I can get an implant in. My mouth feels like I've taken a crack to the jaw right now, it's really bloody painful . I have to go back for a scale and polish and to replace a broken filling next week and at the moment nothing has ever seemed less appealing. I've made some dumb fuck decisions in my life but right now nothing sticks out more than refusing a brace when I was a kid.

The funny thing is that I'm gasping for a cigarette. I hardly ever smoke ciggys unless I'm drinking but because the Dentist told me I couldn't smoke for 2 days in case I got an infection I had the strongest urge for a smoke that I've ever had.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 26133
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/12/2012 8:06:56 PM   
Hood_Man

Ahhh... bring on tomorrow, my last Friday before my Christmas hols.

Then bring on Wednesday, my last day in work before my Christmas hols.

Post #: 26134
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/12/2012 8:13:54 PM   
Scruffybobby

It was the lower left canine for me. I had 2 failed root canal treatments on it. I could go down the implant route but that would cost a shitload (you can only get them on the NHS if there's a medical need). I could always go for a bridge though which would be less expensive

I've also noticed what appears to be a small cavity in the tooth next to the missing one which Id never been able to see before. I'll need to wait until the wound heals up before I get get it seen to though I would think. It's not really bothering me so I can probably wait until the new year when I'll have Mondays off work and can nip to the dentist without worrying about time off work.

Meanwhile it's plenty of paracetamol and washing out with salt.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Post #: 26135
RE: What are you thinking......... - 13/12/2012 10:42:42 PM   
DancingClown

Hitchens is on Question Time.

Oh god....

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 26136
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 7:04:45 AM   
kumar

this is some motherfucking badass sheet ice!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 26137
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 9:18:24 AM   
Chief

quote:

I've made some dumb fuck decisions in my life but right now nothing sticks out more than refusing a brace when I was a kid.

Get a brace as an adult, join me in looking like a metal mouthed munter!*

*Not really, I quite like it. Although the rubber bands now joining top teeth to bottom teeth are a bit strange.

Post #: 26138
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 9:44:07 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Do you find yourself falling out of aeroplanes and fighting Roger Moore a lot?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26139
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 9:55:11 AM   
Chief

Far too often for my liking, I have also bitten a shark.

Post #: 26140
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 10:05:27 AM   
DancingClown

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26141
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 10:17:41 AM   
horribleives

Little known fact - Richard Kiel was originally cast as The Incredible Hulk and filmed half the pilot before being replaced by the more aesthetically pleasing (ie built-like-a-brick-shithouse) Lou Ferrigno. There's one very brief shot that remains of Kiel in green paint, ripped shirt, Tina Turner wig etc and he does indeed look rather shit.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 26142
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 10:19:54 AM   
UTB

Indeed...

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 26143
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 10:36:30 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

I've made some dumb fuck decisions in my life but right now nothing sticks out more than refusing a brace when I was a kid.

*Not really, I quite like it. Although the rubber bands now joining top teeth to bottom teeth are a bit strange.

I've been on a waiting list to see an Orthodontist for 6 years!

I've got a new Dentist now though so I'll ask her to put in another referral for me.

Did you get yours on the NHS? If so, how much did they cost? I've been told that it's really tough to justify getting a brace on the NHS and I ain't going private and paying £1400+ for one.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26144
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 10:48:13 AM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've got a new Dentist now though so I'll ask her to put in another referral for me.

Did you get yours on the NHS? If so, how much did they cost? I've been told that it's really tough to justify getting a brace on the NHS and I ain't going private and paying £1400+ for one.

I got referred to a private orthodontist and had an appointment within a week or two for an assessment. They took moulds and sent them away to get assessed. I got approved for NHS treatment and only had to pay £400 out of the £1200 odd it would have cost. I go back every 6-8 weeks for adjustments and I'm noticing a difference already after about 3 months.

Post #: 26145
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 10:48:52 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Indeed...

That's Lou, that.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 26146
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 10:58:22 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I got referred to a private orthodontist and had an appointment within a week or two for an assessment. They took moulds and sent them away to get assessed. I got approved for NHS treatment and only had to pay £400 out of the £1200 odd it would have cost. I go back every 6-8 weeks for adjustments and I'm noticing a difference already after about 3 months.

That's reasonable, I'd be happy to pay that much. I'm sure I'd qualify for NHS treatment as well because it isn't just a cosmetic problem, my top teeth are grinding unnaturally against the bottom ones, causing some real damage in the process. The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is that I'm not sure a brace would be sufficient. I've got a bit of an overbite and I'm pretty sure I'd need surgery before a brace got put in.

I'll mither my dentist about it on Tuesday.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 14/12/2012 10:59:15 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26147
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 11:06:38 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

Indeed...

That's Lou, that.

My bad....

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 26148
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 11:09:14 AM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

Indeed...

That's Lou, that.

My bad....

I think it may have been the beer belly that spannered it for him.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 26149
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 11:30:22 AM   
Chief

quote:

That's reasonable, I'd be happy to pay that much. I'm sure I'd qualify for NHS treatment as well because it isn't just a cosmetic problem, my top teeth are grinding unnaturally against the bottom ones, causing some real damage in the process. The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is that I'm not sure a brace would be sufficient. I've got a bit of an overbite and I'm pretty sure I'd need surgery before a brace got put in.

Well I've got an underbite that was causing my top front teeth to get chipped/worn and I didn't need surgery. I got two teeth removed from about midway on the bottom and the brace will apparently pull the other teeth back into those gaps, evening up the top & bottom sets.

Post #: 26150
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 2:15:21 PM   
sanchia

So apparently HMV have 10 days to make a payment or be in breech of their banking plan. That does not bode well.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26151
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 2:24:30 PM   
Chief

A general question for anyone that would know - can you "chase the dragon" with cocaine? Not really something I'd like to Google at work obvs.

Post #: 26152
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 2:30:24 PM   
sanchia

According to Google it can be freebased in that manner. Is it going to be a strange weekend Chief?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 26153
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 2:40:05 PM   
Sway

Hope Matty is getting on ok today, I imagine it's going to be a tough one.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 26154
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 2:43:23 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

According to Google it can be freebased in that manner. Is it going to be a strange weekend Chief?

You're kidding? I'm a boring old fart now!

I had heard something about an old mate of mine and how he was now using heroin. I thought back to a time in his house where the above had been going on and had been hoping it wasn't heroin back then, I'd just assumed it was cocaine. I've always said I never have, nor ever would, touch smack. When I heard that about him it just put a doubt in my mind, or raised a question at least.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 26155
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 2:44:38 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench
quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia
We have to wait for Friday week for that.

Like I say, it's not the end of the world
quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES
Would love to see a new Screenwipe (or gameswipe) series though.That's were Brooker is at his best concerning TV.

Absolutely. Gameswipe was a pilot and it got good ratings but nothing more came of it. His new show coming in 2013 takes in all his 'wipe' stuff in one show, though. Hoping that'll be good.

Check out Yahtzee Croshaw on the Escapist Magazine Website for a Brookeresque approach to video game reviews and scrutiny. 

Post #: 26156
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 3:20:39 PM   
Shifty Bench

I'm not a game player, but that may come in useful for some

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 26157
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 3:27:29 PM   
Sway

Since being ill from around the end of October the last thing I concerned myself with was my appearance, so for the past few months I've not worn a scrap of makeup or even bothered with my hair.

Now I'm on the recovering side of a major op and slowly beginning to feel more like my old self, I can't wait to treat myself to getting my hair done and putting on a bit of make up again to make me look half decent.

One of my mum's friends/our neighbour popped over to the house last night to see how I was recovering and she rather kindly gifted me a couple of wee bags with make up in it, as she works on a major make up counter. Will be nice to finally use those kind of things again.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 26158
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 11:21:06 PM   
DancingClown

Girls aloud, fuck off.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 26159
RE: What are you thinking......... - 14/12/2012 11:52:05 PM   
Shifty Bench

Woah, woah, woah.......even the one with the nice rack? Surely you can't mean the one with the nice rack. And the hair! Not the one with the hai......ah, who cares?

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 26160
Page:   <<   < prev  870 871 [872] 873 874   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  870 871 [872] 873 874   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI