Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  859 860 [861] 862 863   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 9:31:50 PM   
sanchia

I agree it sounds exactly like sciatica. When I had it it was due to a prolapsed disc pressing on the nerve (thankfully now sliced out). I will say that pilates was a godsend when in the dark days when I was on three types of painkiller and anti-inflammatories the exercises really helped to mediate the discomfort.. I really feel for you it is an awful thing when it is at its worst. If they offer your Tramadol be careful as it is a bitch to come off of if on it long term.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 25801
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/11/2012 11:11:52 AM   
sanchia

There appears to be only one good reason to watch The Wright Stuff.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 25802
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/11/2012 5:42:33 PM   
Shifty Bench

The Wright Stuff is still going????

(and what is that reason? Does Matthew Wright get hit in the balls with a different item every episode? In December he's getting hit by everything from the song '12 Days Of Christmas, although the fifth day will be quite boring....')

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 25803
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/11/2012 6:28:52 PM   
sanchia

Kirsty Duffy. Other than that a complete waste of time.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 25804
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/11/2012 6:36:14 PM   
Shifty Bench

Ah, fair enough

Like I say, I didn't even know it was still going

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 25805
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/11/2012 6:40:11 PM   
sanchia

It is an indicated of the sheer level of boredom and cabin fever I am experiencing in that I am watching The Wright Stuff.

Also Occupational Health are supposed to call me regarding a possible phased return to work (ie half days for a week or two) as I am possibly not up to a full time return to work straight off but they want me to go back a week full time before they will call me to discuss if I am well enough to go back full time at this time? I see a something strange there,

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 25806
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/11/2012 6:47:17 PM   
horribleives

I quite like Matthew. I used to think he was a 'Wright' tit back when I was a young 'un, but I enjoy the show these days - it occasionally has some good guests and he actually talks a lot of sense on most issues. A lot of people I know (most of whom have never actually seen the programme) seem to think he's some kind of right-wing ranting loon which couldn't be further from the truth. Though I accept that some people just can't get beyond his face and shit-eating grin. But he' seems like a decent enough bloke to me.
But yes, enough with the hyperbole - Kirsty is clearly the best thing about it.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 25807
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/11/2012 7:24:15 PM   
sanchia

I would drink her bathwater.

Maybe that is sharing too much.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 23/11/2012 7:26:21 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 25808
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/11/2012 10:22:10 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

I quite like Matthew. I used to think he was a 'Wright' tit back when I was a young 'un, but I enjoy the show these days - it occasionally has some good guests and he actually talks a lot of sense on most issues. A lot of people I know (most of whom have never actually seen the programme) seem to think he's some kind of right-wing ranting loon which couldn't be further from the truth. Though I accept that some people just can't get beyond his face and shit-eating grin. But he' seems like a decent enough bloke to me.
But yes, enough with the hyperbole - Kirsty is clearly the best thing about it.

I used to watch the show years ago and just can't stand him.Maybe that would change if I watched it now and since I'm older and mellower

Anyway, I posted this in the appropriate thread in Favourite Films but I thought I'd think it here- Gremlins had finally been downgraded to 12A.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 25809
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/11/2012 10:28:13 PM   
Rinc

I used to work for the TV company that made The Wright Stuff so I often worked on the phones, did a little bit of research for it and helped out in the studio. Wright was always ok, could be a ballbreaker to those that properly worked on the show but overall a nice guy who has an incredible knowledge of everything that's in the news or has been in the news.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 25810
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/11/2012 10:30:08 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I would drink her bathwater.

Maybe that is sharing too much.

Not enough.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 25811
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/11/2012 11:08:20 PM   
Hood_Man

I really really want a onesie for Christmas. My flat is so cold that I don't care how merciless the mockery is.

The girls in work thought I was kidding when I agreed with their Doctor Who onesie present idea

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 25812
RE: What are you thinking......... - 23/11/2012 11:37:00 PM   
DancingClown

Jack Whitehall - still can't decide whether I want to laugh at him or punch him in the bollocks.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 25813
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/11/2012 8:33:54 AM   
sanchia

Punch him in the bollocks then laugh. The best of both worlds.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 25814
RE: What are you thinking......... - 24/11/2012 11:10:03 AM   
talpacino

Lasagne for breakfast. Gah. Rough night.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 25815
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 10:35:48 AM   
Sway

I just woke up in pain all over because I was so tensed up. Why? Because I had a stupid dream that a tiger was on the loose in my home town and no matter how many times I tried to get hold of a phone something would happen so I couldn't dial out.

I was obviously so stressed out in my dream that I was tensing my whole body up. Seriously the pain when I woke up just now was awful!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 25816
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 11:24:51 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Oh my god I feel sick!!

I love programmes like Supersized Earth that is currently on the BBC (did you know that Lincoln Cathedral was the worlds tallest building in the Middle Ages!) but the guy is helping clean the windows of the now worlds tallest building in Dubai and my vertigo has kicked in big time

Just seen this now. I'd love to have a go at that!

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 25817
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 1:35:17 PM   
talpacino

Facebook relationship status updated - Single.

< Message edited by talpacino -- 25/11/2012 1:36:24 PM >

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 25818
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 2:22:31 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

I just woke up in pain all over because I was so tensed up. Why? Because I had a stupid dream that a tiger was on the loose in my home town and no matter how many times I tried to get hold of a phone something would happen so I couldn't dial out.

I was obviously so stressed out in my dream that I was tensing my whole body up. Seriously the pain when I woke up just now was awful!

I hate that. I have IBS and I've woken up with an attack triggered by a bad dream

My husband caught that programme too Hobbs, but only skimming through. One shot and he quickly turned over - I think someone was looking down from the top of one of those buildings?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 25819
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 3:34:12 PM   
pedros

Just realised that I had my debit card stolen on Friday night, and the fuckers took 250 from my account. I'm assuming that when I bought a round at the bar someone watched me enter my pin number and then swiped it from my pocket. Phoned Natwest and they said to fill in some sort of form - has this happened to anyone? Is there much chance that I'll get my money back?

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 25820
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 3:41:42 PM   
elab49

They may give you grief about concealing your pin - maybe talk to someone like Citizen's Advice to get the facts on what your rights are? 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 25821
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 3:53:40 PM   
pedros

It's my own stupid fault for being so drunk that I didn't have my wits about me. I did the same thing last year when I got hug-mugged and had my phone stolen. I'm a fucking liability.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 25822
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 4:27:42 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: pedros

Just realised that I had my debit card stolen on Friday night, and the fuckers took 250 from my account. I'm assuming that when I bought a round at the bar someone watched me enter my pin number and then swiped it from my pocket. Phoned Natwest and they said to fill in some sort of form - has this happened to anyone? Is there much chance that I'll get my money back?

I had somebody spend 700 of my money only last week - Bank of Scotland called me before it had even appeared on my account though - and I was fully reimbursed once it came out of my account.

Hopefully you'll be alreet.

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 25823
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 6:03:46 PM   
homersimpson_esq

If the card was used to withdraw cash, then I don't think that is covered. It never used to be, because the person would need your PIN as well. However, since you need PINs for all card transactions these days except those backstreet ancient shops that still use those carbon copy manual machine things because they're stuck in the 1970s, I don't know if PIN transactions are covered in general now. It seems unreasonable not to cover losses of use with PIN, just because that's basically any card use that isn't online.

That wasn't much help, I'm afraid. I hope you get it sorted. I used to have to deal with people calling to register cards as stolen and they mark the transactions that you query as being fraudulent and they look into it. Fingers crossed for you.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 25824
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 6:06:07 PM   
rawlinson

I'm thinking that sometimes we should just be allowed to call someone a fucking idiot, when they clearly are a fucking idiot, without mod involvement. Just when any sane person reading the post will also come to the conclusion that the poster is a fucking idiot. Would release a lot of the forum stress.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 25825
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 6:08:19 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Which thread, Rawls?

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 25826
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 6:17:05 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

I'm thinking that sometimes we should just be allowed to call someone a fucking idiot, when they clearly are a fucking idiot, without mod involvement. Just when any sane person reading the post will also come to the conclusion that the poster is a fucking idiot. Would release a lot of the forum stress.

You're absolutely right.

Rawls, you're a fucking idiot.

I'm nothing if not predictable. And rawls will point this out. And look rawls, this post hasn't been edited...

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 25827
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 6:19:43 PM   
rawlinson

Black Bond. And more than one post. On both sides of the debate. There's sensible, thoughtful posts on both sides, then there's some that just make you despair.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 25828
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 6:20:49 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

You're absolutely right.

Rawls, you're a fucking idiot.

I'm nothing if not predictable. And rawls will point this out. And look rawls, this post hasn't been edited...

Well played.

Post #: 25829
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/11/2012 6:38:03 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

If the card was used to withdraw cash, then I don't think that is covered. It never used to be, because the person would need your PIN as well. However, since you need PINs for all card transactions these days except those backstreet ancient shops that still use those carbon copy manual machine things because they're stuck in the 1970s, I don't know if PIN transactions are covered in general now. It seems unreasonable not to cover losses of use with PIN, just because that's basically any card use that isn't online.

That wasn't much help, I'm afraid. I hope you get it sorted. I used to have to deal with people calling to register cards as stolen and they mark the transactions that you query as being fraudulent and they look into it. Fingers crossed for you.

There was something on television the other day where a woman was unsuccessful in getting the money back because the bank stated they "should have kept their pin secure". Sadly it is unlikely that the money will be returned in those instances if that was correct. I suppose it depends on the bank though.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 25830
Page:   <<   < prev  859 860 [861] 862 863   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  859 860 [861] 862 863   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI