Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  858 859 [860] 861 862   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 3:17:52 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Went for a job interview today and of the three people doing the interview, one of them was a complete cock who seemed bored after the second question.

Anyway, I've emailed their HR dept, told them they should tell him not to be such a cock in the other interviews today and asked them to withdraw the application as I wouldn't want to work with him.

Dear UTB,

Thank you for your email.

We have fired his sorry arse. Please come and work for us and have his job and salary as well as your own.

Cheers.

That Company

Is that the sort of thing you're hoping for as a reply?

I suppose it sounds like I didn't get it and was bitter about it, but really I emailed them the minute I got home - they haven't told me whether I got it or not - I don't want to know either way. He was a geuine pillock with some serious patience issues and it needed saying.

I'm not going to wait for them to tell me I didn't get it - I don't want to know.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 25771
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 3:19:04 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stillwater

quote:

Went for a job interview today and of the three people doing the interview, one of them was a complete cock who seemed bored after the second question.

Anyway, I've emailed their HR dept, told them they should tell him not to be such a cock in the other interviews today and asked them to withdraw the application as I wouldn't want to work with him.

Maybe your previous answer wasn't very interesting?

Probably not - he didn't let me finish!

(in reply to Stillwater)
Post #: 25772
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 3:21:08 PM   
sanchia

I now know why cabin fever is an issue. I am going insane with boredom.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 25773
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 3:24:52 PM   
sanchia

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy,

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 25774
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 3:25:30 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dear UTB,

We have fired his sorry arse. Please come and work for us and have his job and salary as well as your own.

Cheers.

That Company

I suppose it sounds like I didn't get it and was bitter about it, but really I emailed them the minute I got home - they haven't told me whether I got it or not - I don't want to know either way. He was a geuine pillock with some serious patience issues and it needed saying.

I'm not going to wait for them to tell me I didn't get it - I don't want to know.

Unless you are desperate for the job, I think you can view the interview as much from your side as theirs. You could have been the best person they've seen and you've decided you don't want to work for them, because their process was poor. I think you've a right to do what you did on the proviso that it wasn't just a bitter sound off.

I got a call a few months ago from a company I interviewed for a couple of years ago. In that process I had an interview with HR on the phone. At the end of that interview, HR said I would be suited to a certain job and called me for a face to face interview with a line manager. He was around 30 minutes late to the interview, I'd been left on my own in a room and was about to call it a day when he arrived. Basically then he sat down and told me that from my background I wasn't suited to the role. So a whole morning off work wasted from my point of view.

So when HR called me this time I told them that my previous experience of their interview process was so poor I'd no interest in talking to them again.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 25775
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 3:31:44 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dear UTB,

Cheers.

That Company

Unless you are desperate for the job, I think you can view the interview as much from your side as theirs. You could have been the best person they've seen and you've decided you don't want to work for them, because their process was poor. I think you've a right to do what you did on the proviso that it wasn't just a bitter sound off.

I got a call a few months ago from a company I interviewed for a couple of years ago. In that process I had an interview with HR on the phone. At the end of that interview, HR said I would be suited to a certain job and called me for a face to face interview with a line manager. He was around 30 minutes late to the interview, I'd been left on my own in a room and was about to call it a day when he arrived. Basically then he sat down and told me that from my background I wasn't suited to the role. So a whole morning off work wasted from my point of view.

So when HR called me this time I told them that my previous experience of their interview process was so poor I'd no interest in talking to them again.

Argh how crap is that.

The last interview I went to was a lunch time one - I was supposed to meet the HR woman and the guy in charge of the job. The HR woman met me and said "sorry, he's going to be late" so we cracked on with the interview and after 30 mins he walks in and says "sorry, what have I missed?".

So I then had to start again only he rushed me through it and I didn't really get to make an impression. Suffice to say I didn't get it and thought the interview was poorly held, though I never said anything and wished I had.

And the email I sent to the one today wasn't a "this guy is a cock" email. I said "thanks for inviting me in, unfortunately it wasn't a great experience because I found this guy to be aggressive and impatient and on the basis that he was in charge of the position is not somebody I would want to work with, so please exclude me from the application any further."

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 25776
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 3:53:59 PM   
Sway

I love little old men.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 25777
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 3:55:05 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

I love little old men.

OK, quick edit...

Nah, far too easy.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 25778
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 4:01:27 PM   
Sway

I genuinely do though.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 25779
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 4:04:44 PM   
matty_b

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 25780
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 4:06:16 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Yes!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 25781
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 4:06:35 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

I love little old men.

I'm two thirds there, WOO.

Just gotta play the waiting game until I'm old.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 25782
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 4:13:14 PM   
Sway

What if I prefer little young men by then, because by that point I'll be old too?

< Message edited by Sway -- 22/11/2012 4:15:59 PM >

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 25783
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 4:40:47 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Holy fuck. I thought town had it bad with the rain today but pretty much all the roads leading out of here have been closed due to flooding with some of the surrounding villages seeing upwards of 2 feet of water running through the streets. The wife had a hell of a job picking up the kids too, she had to make a decision whether or not to drive or wade through 2 feet of water. It's absolutely mental, definitely the worst I've seen locally in nearly 35 years, and yet I've not heard a jot about it on the news, not even the local news.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 25784
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 5:53:01 PM   
Hood_Man

Where are you from again Harry? I'm living in Cardiff at the moment and when I was walking to the bus stop after work the roads were almost waterlogged. Any deeper and it would have been spilling onto the pavement.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 25785
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 6:06:18 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Caernarfon. It's been insane round here today and it's apparently going to get worse over the next couple of days.

Here's Rhostryfan which is a few miles up the road from me

and Llanberis which is a few miles in the opposite direction

Dunno what that stupid cunt's doing on his bike .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 25786
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 6:09:56 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Blimey Harry!!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 25787
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 6:10:59 PM   
Hood_Man

Wtf?? That's horrific!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 25788
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 6:17:07 PM   
Hood_Man

LOL!! The BBC guy's microphone just fell into the water

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 25789
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 6:23:02 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Someone just posted this on Facebook as well. It's taken close to the Llanberis area. At first I thought it was just a large puddle and couldn't see why it had been posted. On closer inspection though the fucking road's caved in.

Does the Apocalypse have to end in 2012 for the Mayans to chalk it down as a win or will starting be enough?

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 25790
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 6:37:15 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Caernarfon.

I went there on a caravan holiday when I was a kid. Thought I'd share.

The pics look pretty bad. It's been fair blawin' a hoolie up here all day too, but no local flooding as far as I'm aware.

Post #: 25791
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 6:40:55 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

Caernarfon.

The pics look pretty bad. It's been fair blawin' a hoolie up here all day too, but no local flooding as far as I'm aware.

I think it's cruel to bring children to Caernarfon. Once you've been here it's all downhill from thereon in.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 25792
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 6:44:14 PM   
sanchia

I need to avoid Thailand and Vietnam, I do those quite often in an innocent way. The French one is the British Sign Language Ok which could get confusing.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 25793
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 6:45:08 PM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

quote:

Caernarfon.

I think it's cruel to bring children to Caernarfon. Once you've been here it's all downhill from thereon in.

I can't recall where we stayed exactly - I'm not sure if we were actually there, or nearby and just went there for a few trips.

My dad and I were just discussing this last week actually - I absolutely loved the caravan holidays we went on when I was younger. We mostly stayed in Scotland, but we went to Wales once and I remember visiting Caernarfon castle. I quite enjoyed it from what I recall, but my dad informed me last week it was his least favourite caravan holiday we went on.

Post #: 25794
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 6:53:15 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Caernarfon.

I can't recall where we stayed exactly - I'm not sure if we were actually there, or nearby and just went there for a few trips.

My dad and I were just discussing this last week actually - I absolutely loved the caravan holidays we went on when I was younger. We mostly stayed in Scotland, but we went to Wales once and I remember visiting Caernarfon castle. I quite enjoyed it from what I recall, but my dad informed me last week it was his least favourite caravan holiday we went on.

That doesn't surprise me, this place is a shithole. Having said that though it was at least twice the town it is now 15 years ago. There's absolutely nothing but pubs, supermarkets, restaurants, cafe's and general fast food establishments here these days. If you want a pint and a sandwich then C'fon's your place otherwise keep fucking driving as far and as fast as a full tank will get you .

Our castle is fucking amazing though.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 25795
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 7:05:38 PM   
Sway

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Caernarfon.

If you want a pint and a sandwich then C'fon's your place otherwise keep fucking driving as far and as fast as a full tank will get you .

Our castle is fucking amazing though.

< Message edited by Sway -- 22/11/2012 7:07:25 PM >

Post #: 25796
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 8:05:20 PM   
matty_b

THE PAIN FROM MY BACK GOING DOWN MY BUTTOCKS AND INTO MY LEGS OH THE PAIN OW OW OW OW STOP IT THE PAIN OW

quote:

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 25797
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 8:19:16 PM   
Shifty Bench

That sounds like sciatica to me, Matty.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 25798
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 8:27:04 PM   
matty_b

Yeah, I haven't seen a doctor about it for a while, but I'm pretty sure that's what he mentioned last time. If it doesn't clear up over the weekend, I'll be back to see him I think for some really good fucking drugs.

quote:

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 25799
RE: What are you thinking......... - 22/11/2012 8:33:07 PM   
Shifty Bench

It's basically just a trapped nerve so you can do exercises and shit to ease that fucker up. If that's what it is, it's curable, which is good.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 25800
Page:   <<   < prev  858 859 [860] 861 862   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  858 859 [860] 861 862   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI