Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  822 823 [824] 825 826   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 12:18:31 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: donethinking

No but I asked former worlds strongest man Geoff Capes for his autograph when I was about the size of a peapod, as he was writing his name the pen ink ran out...embarassed i said " oh the pens run out" to which he replied "and who's faults that then?"

Woah, Geoff Capes is a cunt. Who da thought it?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to donethinking)
Post #: 24691
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 12:28:26 PM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Well, when I say new, he's about 4 months old now and hasbeen in the house since the 3rd of July, so he's used to it now. And there are a lot of cats round our way. It's a cul-de-sac too and not especially busy. I think it'd more just be a case of me overcoming my own fear of letting him out. I mean, the wee guy really wants out.

Again, I'll wait til after he gets spayed and then we'll see. I also don't like the idea of letting him out all day while we're both at work.

If it's feasible, get one of those magnetic cat flaps, they're great. Apart from putting food down twice a day my cat has pretty much looked after himself for the last 8 years!

Cool. I was looking at one of those ones that only open for my cat. Something to do with his chip.

We've got one of the microchip operated ones - after being a nightmare to install, it's really useful. It has so many settings - you can put it on a timer, or make it so that the cat can come in, but not leave again. I'd recommend one.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 24692
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 12:48:58 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

THe Dairy Milk Toffee Popcorn bar is proper lush 

My cousin was raving about that last weekend, I will be getting myself a bar this weekend!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 24693
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 12:50:57 PM   
elab49

You will not be disappointed.

It feels so light it almost tastes healthy too

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 24694
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 12:51:00 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, when I say new, he's about 4 months old now and hasbeen in the house since the 3rd of July, so he's used to it now. And there are a lot of cats round our way. It's a cul-de-sac too and not especially busy. I think it'd more just be a case of me overcoming my own fear of letting him out. I mean, the wee guy really wants out.

Again, I'll wait til after he gets spayed and then we'll see. I also don't like the idea of letting him out all day while we're both at work.

If it's feasible, get one of those magnetic cat flaps, they're great. Apart from putting food down twice a day my cat has pretty much looked after himself for the last 8 years!

Cool. I was looking at one of those ones that only open for my cat. Something to do with his chip.

We've got one of the microchip operated ones - after being a nightmare to install, it's really useful. It has so many settings - you can put it on a timer, or make it so that the cat can come in, but not leave again. I'd recommend one.

Does it work the other way?  You can set it so that cat has to go out and at the set time the magnets become really really strong so that cat is pulled towards the cat flap and then ejected out?

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 24695
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 12:58:06 PM   
Chief

The one I've got is just a magnet on the collar that releases a catch on the cat flap. I suppose another cat with the same magnet could get in but it's never happened in 8 years.

Post #: 24696
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 2:04:46 PM   
DancingClown

I'm thinking this Justin Lee Collins stuff is getting a bit weird.

And why the fuck was a party of school-children allowed to listen to the prosecution's opening statement in the public gallery?

And Kelvin Mackenzie. What a total cunt.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 24697
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 6:02:47 PM   
MonsterCat

So my mum's dog is back home with her, he has a life preserver around his neck, tubes sticking out of his throat and back, and when he breathes he sounds like Tom Hardy in Bronson.

He's going to be fine, but mentally he's still a bit sketchy from getting royally fucked over by three bigger dogs.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 24698
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 6:33:47 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

The one I've got is just a magnet on the collar that releases a catch on the cat flap. I suppose another cat with the same magnet could get in but it's never happened in 8 years.

Knowing cats as I do, it seems more likely that they've simply planned their attacks so well that they've simply never been caught in 8 years

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 24699
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 8:52:21 PM   
Sway

What a tool.

There's a guy I met through my work who I've never had any interest in whatsoever, but has been hitting on me for a while now. The last couple of times he text me I just ignored them completely because I thought that would give him the hint. He just sent me a facebook message now apologising for his lack of contact recently......

On one hand I shouldn't complain as I never get hit on, but he's a notorious sleaze and it's not really flattering.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 24700
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 11:06:27 PM   
Shifty Bench

Not been feeling great lately what with my current cash situation and life generally being a bit hit at the moment. I know it'll pick up, though, it's just a matter of when. I know this may seem odd to some but my old primary school is getting demolished to be rebuilt and watching as the bulldozers tear into it today made me feel sad. I had a great time at that school, growing up and as it is across the road from the 'family home' (my mum's current house has been part of my life for 34 of my 35 years) it has always been there, reminding me of some happy times. My sister also went to that school, so even when I was an adult I would visit it to walk my sister home from nursery or to go to a show she was in. Even earlier this year I was in the main hall, voting in the local elections so that school has always been a fixture in my life, one way or another. Hell, I see it practically every day when I'm at my mum's to walk her crazy-ass dog.

Anyway, I'm babbling and it may just be how shitty I'm feeling and all the crap that's been happening lately but I'll miss that place and the wonderful memories it it triggers whenever I lay eyes on it.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 24701
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 11:13:12 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Not been feeling great lately what with my current cash situation and life generally being a bit hit at the moment. I know it'll pick up, though, it's just a matter of when. I know this may seem odd to some but my old primary school is getting demolished to be rebuilt and watching as the bulldozers tear into it today made me feel sad. I had a great time at that school, growing up and as it is across the road from the 'family home' (my mum's current house has been part of my life for 34 of my 35 years) it has always been there, reminding me of some happy times. My sister also went to that school, so even when I was an adult I would visit it to walk my sister home from nursery or to go to a show she was in. Even earlier this year I was in the main hall, voting in the local elections so that school has always been a fixture in my life, one way or another. Hell, I see it practically every day when I'm at my mum's to walk her crazy-ass dog.

Anyway, I'm babbling and it may just be how shitty I'm feeling and all the crap that's been happening lately but I'll miss that place and the wonderful memories it it triggers whenever I lay eyes on it.

You see, I couldn't give fifty flying fucks if either of my old schools got demolished, but then again I am bitter, twisted and brimming with hate.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 24702
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 11:15:58 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

You see, I couldn't give fifty flying fucks if either of my old schools got demolished, but then again I am bitter, twisted and brimming with hate.

It's more bits of your past though - even if you didn't like it. I'd love to see my secondary get blown to the ground but it would impact a bit. I almost miss moving where I am because, like Shifty, my old primary used to be where I went to vote. It always made me smile walking around those tiny rooms as an adult. Sadly my niece and nephew go to a different school so I don't have any excuse to visit.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24703
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 11:25:11 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

And that's fair enough but I wasn't talking for you.

quote:

I'd love to see my secondary get blown to the ground but it would impact a bit.

Yeah, fuck the high school I went to

I was bullied throughout high school, primary seemed 'safer'. I didn't have the best time of it growing up so school was my sanctuary, then I had to leave and go to that hell-hole of a grammar school

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24704
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 11:35:17 PM   
kumar

Thinking whether to accept more hours (full time) doing night shift monday-friday and free up my weekends to earn more money (to pay for car repairs). Also hoping I wont get stuck there though and need to find another job quick time!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 24705
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 12:39:11 AM   
vad3r

Marks & Spencer should win every award. I'm a big fan.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 24706
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 1:46:19 AM   
MonsterCat

I'm thinking Susan Sarandon is looking good these days and Tim Robbins is a lucky git.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 24707
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 1:49:48 AM   
rawlinson

Didn't they split?

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24708
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 1:52:11 AM   
MonsterCat

I actually don't know now I come to think of it.

I don't pay much attention to the private lives of celebrities.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 24709
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 1:53:52 AM   
Shifty Bench

They split in 2009

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24710
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 1:54:48 AM   
rawlinson

MonsterCat trying to play like he doesn't read Heat, Shifty's just fine to admit it.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 24711
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 1:56:13 AM   
rawlinson

MC, glad your dog is doing ok, scary stuff.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 24712
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 1:57:38 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

MonsterCat trying to play like he doesn't read Heat, Shifty's just fine to admit it.

I didn't know they split until I searched for it on this amazing new thing called the internet. It's great but I don't think it'll catch on, too many trolls.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 24713
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 1:58:20 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

I read it once when they did a special on The Blair Witch Project back in the day.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 24714
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 2:01:03 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Thanks, Broseph. : )

He now looks like Frankenstein's monster what with the stitches and pipes sticking out of him. Frankendoggy, if you will.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 24715
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 2:03:02 AM   
Shifty Bench

Surprised you didn't say Frankenweenie, since that's a dog...........

fuck, I'm bored. and, yeah, glad your wee doggy is ok (thought I said that earlier but I didn't. Huh)

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24716
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 2:04:14 AM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

Thanks, Broseph. : )

He now looks like Frankenstein's monster what with the stitches and pipes sticking out of him. Frankendoggy, if you will.

Glad he's doing ok. Someone should make a film about the Frankenstein monster with a dog. First a short film than remake it into a clay-mation piece.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24717
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 6:54:32 AM   
elab49

Isn't the dog Sparky?

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 24718
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 8:25:15 AM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

What a tool.

There's a guy I met through my work who I've never had any interest in whatsoever, but has been hitting on me for a while now. The last couple of times he text me I just ignored them completely because I thought that would give him the hint. He just sent me a facebook message now apologising for his lack of contact recently......

On one hand I shouldn't complain as I never get hit on, but he's a notorious sleaze and it's not really flattering.

va3dr would disagree, I'm sure - not that that's any better... That does sound a bit desperate, though.

MC - glad your dog's doing better.

quote:

I couldn't give fifty flying fucks if either of my old schools got demolished

Me neither. Didn't particularly enjoy either of them. However, they did tear down my old university buildings a few years back to replace them with ones fit for the 21st century.

Completely understandable why they did so, but it made me sad nonetheless. Reminiscent of some truly great times.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 24719
RE: What are you thinking......... - 27/9/2012 8:49:26 AM   
Hood_Man

Going to Bed earlier makes it easier to wake up earlier, who knew?

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 24720
Page:   <<   < prev  822 823 [824] 825 826   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  822 823 [824] 825 826   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI