Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What are you thinking.........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  821 822 [823] 824 825   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 1:53:24 PM   
Olaf

At the very least, keep him inside for the first couple of weeks so he gets a feel for the place and knows that it's his home. That way, even if you do let him out after a while he'll be more likely to come back (this is based on my experience with at least three cats that ran away/got lost/etc after a couple of weeks at the most, and our current one which we've had for well over a year now). That said, it does depend on the area you live in - our house was in the middle of the countryside, whereas if you live in a busier area it might be less safe.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 24661
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 1:58:46 PM   
jcthefirst

Well, when I say new, he's about 4 months old now and hasbeen in the house since the 3rd of July, so he's used to it now. And there are a lot of cats round our way. It's a cul-de-sac too and not especially busy. I think it'd more just be a case of me overcoming my own fear of letting him out. I mean, the wee guy really wants out.

Again, I'll wait til after he gets spayed and then we'll see. I also don't like the idea of letting him out all day while we're both at work.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 24662
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 2:00:05 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Another factor of my friends who have Ragdolls is that they are more likely to get pinched, being pedigree cats

My brother has had 4 Burmese now and is down to his last one as they really don't seem to have much road sense (previous 3 having been run over now)

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 24663
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 2:03:12 PM   
MonsterCat

Ok, so the Jack Russell has been taken to an animal hospital in Watford and it turns out it's a little bit more serious than I had previously thought. He has a busted up lung and he's going to have an op. He'll be over there for the next three days.

Honestly, this fucking village and it's fucking dogs. I knew something serious would eventually happen.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 24664
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 3:04:00 PM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Ok, so the Jack Russell has been taken to an animal hospital in Watford and it turns out it's a little bit more serious than I had previously thought. He has a busted up lung and he's going to have an op. He'll be over there for the next three days.

Honestly, this fucking village and it's fucking dogs. I knew something serious would eventually happen.

I hope it goes well. The poor little guy.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24665
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 3:33:56 PM   
DancingClown

Is it me or is the forum pretty dead today?

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 24666
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 3:38:44 PM   
Shifty Bench

I've just got here but apparently it is. It was dead pretty early last night too.

Anyway, signed on today but my JSA has been delayed until about next Wednesday and I have a phone bill to pay this Friday. Good times.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 24667
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 4:12:39 PM   
vad3r

Chris Hewitt has been posting recently, so I posted back asking if I can have an autograph. He completely ignored me. Anyone else ever ask a celebrity for an autograph and they've pretended like you don't exist?

Here's where it took place: http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3489484

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 24668
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 4:16:56 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Chris Hewitt has been posting recently, so I posted back asking if I can have an autograph. He completely ignored me. Anyone else ever ask a celebrity for an autograph and they've pretended like you don't exist?

That's not as egregious as the Attack of the Clones review.

OH YES I WENT THERE!

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 24669
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 4:17:00 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

Maybe he's blocked you.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 24670
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 4:17:27 PM   
jcthefirst

I think I support the Atlanta Falcons now.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 24671
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 4:47:42 PM   
MonsterCat

OK, so turns out my little canine friend has had a successful operation, but he's going to be kept in doggy hospital for observation.

When he gets home he's going to get from me a big cuddle and a mild telling off for trying to take on bigger dogs.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 24672
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 4:50:25 PM   
jcthefirst

Glad to hear, MC.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24673
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 5:03:02 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

OK, so turns out my little canine friend has had a successful operation, but he's going to be kept in doggy hospital for observation.

When he gets home he's going to get from me a big cuddle and a mild telling off for trying to take on bigger dogs.

Glad to hear he's okay!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24674
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 5:15:59 PM   
MovieAddict247

Awesome news, MC.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 24675
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 5:24:09 PM   
vad3r

quote:

My prayers have been answered.

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24676
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 5:57:02 PM   
sanchia

This greatly disturbs me.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 24677
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 6:02:34 PM   
Hobbitonlass

@Sanchia

I'm thinking that today was not a good day to start a new outdoor fitness class!  Not quite the weather that is being had up north but still flipping windy!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 24678
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 8:30:01 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench
Anyway, signed on today but my JSA has been delayed until about next Wednesday and I have a phone bill to pay this Friday. Good times.

UPDATE: I cancelled my direct debit and will pay the bill manually when I get my cash. The thing is, I have to pay an extra 1.85 for not paying by direct debit. Daftness.

Post #: 24679
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 9:04:30 PM   
Hood_Man

One more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift

Post #: 24680
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 9:05:21 PM   
Shifty Bench

Aah, aah, headache, ow, ow,ow!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 24681
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 9:09:08 PM   
Hood_Man

If it's any consolation I did change the order of the colours, as shift doesn't really work well like this:

shift

Post #: 24682
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 9:10:43 PM   
Shifty Bench

Fair enough

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 24683
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 9:14:13 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Is it me or is the forum pretty dead today?

It's been this way for many months now. So many iconic forumites have come and gone. This place used to have tons of action and crazy on a daily basis.

quote:

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 24684
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 9:22:31 PM   
Hood_Man

Ugh, why did I have that second slice of lasagne? It tasted so good but I didn't need it, and now I feel too full to sleep

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 24685
RE: What are you thinking......... - 25/9/2012 9:35:26 PM   
MonsterCat

Thanks for the kind words, folkies.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

One more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift one more shift

Holy shit, man, reading this post is like being on LSD laced skittles.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 24686
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 9:01:35 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Well, when I say new, he's about 4 months old now and hasbeen in the house since the 3rd of July, so he's used to it now. And there are a lot of cats round our way. It's a cul-de-sac too and not especially busy. I think it'd more just be a case of me overcoming my own fear of letting him out. I mean, the wee guy really wants out.

Again, I'll wait til after he gets spayed and then we'll see. I also don't like the idea of letting him out all day while we're both at work.

If it's feasible, get one of those magnetic cat flaps, they're great. Apart from putting food down twice a day my cat has pretty much looked after himself for the last 8 years!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 24687
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 10:02:48 AM   
donethinking

quote:

Anyone else ever ask a celebrity for an autograph and they've pretended like you don't exist?

No but I asked former worlds strongest man Geoff Capes for his autograph when I was about the size of a peapod, as he was writing his name the pen ink ran out...embarassed i said " oh the pens run out" to which he replied "and who's faults that then?"

< Message edited by donethinking -- 26/9/2012 10:03:43 AM >

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 24688
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 11:09:30 AM   
elab49

THe Dairy Milk Toffee Popcorn bar is proper lush 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to donethinking)
Post #: 24689
RE: What are you thinking......... - 26/9/2012 12:08:03 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

If it's feasible, get one of those magnetic cat flaps, they're great. Apart from putting food down twice a day my cat has pretty much looked after himself for the last 8 years!

Cool. I was looking at one of those ones that only open for my cat. Something to do with his chip.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 24690
Page:   <<   < prev  821 822 [823] 824 825   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: What are you thinking......... Page: <<   < prev  821 822 [823] 824 825   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI