Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 14/8/2007 2:23:49 AM   
Art Vandelay

Goldstein didn't disappoint for me. I just really like the guy. The real loss for me is the likes of Sheephead and Fenners. It seemed strange not hearing "West Ham is the greatest club in the world" at the start of the introduction to the weekly fans. But it was still an enjoyable 3 hours (it gets me up in the morning), such as seeing all the fun to be had whilst in the elevator.

And the replacement to Road To Wembley seems a bit tricky. Here's hoping no one beats West Ham's score of 1.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 61
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 14/8/2007 10:46:15 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay

Goldstein didn't disappoint for me. I just really like the guy. The real loss for me is the likes of Sheephead and Fenners. It seemed strange not hearing "West Ham is the greatest club in the world" at the start of the introduction to the weekly fans. But it was still an enjoyable 3 hours (it gets me up in the morning), such as seeing all the fun to be had whilst in the elevator.

And the replacement to Road To Wembley seems a bit tricky. Here's hoping no one beats West Ham's score of 1.

I missed the

"We wish we were all West Ham fans" bit.

Sad days...

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 62
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 14/8/2007 12:08:02 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

I'll actually watch the first show before passing judgement. He's obviously no Lovejoy, but i quite like the guy.

Finally a sane person in this thread of conformists.

To be fair Nath, I used to watch quite a bit of the All Sports Show and Goldstein just did my head in too much to continue.  Add into that the loss of guys like Fenners and Sheephead, who for me were more entertaining than Lovejoy and even an eternal optimist like me will start to have doubts.  I was gutted when Lovejoy announced he was leaving (mostly down to nostalgia - SAVE CHIP!) but left an open mind pending the new host.  But Andy Goldstein is just a test of faith too far for me.  Fair enough on Art - he likes the guy, so is less likely to prejudge.  I don't, so yeah, I've prejudged it on the strength of the evidence.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that makes me a conformist, as I've formulated this view from my own taste and opinions. 

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 63
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 15/8/2007 1:29:49 AM   
Art Vandelay

Are you gonna continue to watch it?

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 64
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 18/8/2007 10:44:10 AM   
theram05

Fucking Warnock, he's such a cock.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 65
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 18/8/2007 3:32:18 PM   
Art Vandelay

So true. I can only imagine Helen and Andy feel the same way. 

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 66
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 20/8/2007 10:17:19 AM   
theram05

quote:

So true. I can only imagine Helen and Andy feel the same way. 

You think? I thought they had disappeared up his arse there at one point, especially Helen.

Warnocks attempts at humour were fucking awful.

Post #: 67
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 20/8/2007 5:05:20 PM   
Art Vandelay

Anyone see Lovejoy slip-up on his new show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfdyPlQ8cBk

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 68
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 20/8/2007 5:22:54 PM   
Rhubarb

quote:

Team Ginge
WWLD?

quote:

ORIGINAL: FritzlFan

You organisational skills sicken me, Rhubarb.

Post #: 69
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 20/8/2007 5:28:11 PM   
Boring Prophet

quote:

Post #: 70
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 31/8/2007 9:37:52 AM   
discodave101

After stating I'd never be interested in the new show now lovejoy has left, I will gladly eat humble pie and say that I've been watching and enjoying 'The Best Bits'. This isn't to say the show is still as good as it was, its not, but it still has enough quality guests (Seth Rogan no less!) and good sketches (down...down down d down sign language) to keep me entertained.

Just out of interest, where's the crossbar challenge? Don't tell me that soccer skills thing has replaced it?!

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Boring Prophet)
Post #: 71
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 31/8/2007 2:50:37 PM   
Art Vandelay

They've still got the crossbar challenge. Plays at the end of the show, just like usual.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 72
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 31/8/2007 3:51:33 PM   
discodave101

quote:

They've still got the crossbar challenge. Plays at the end of the show, just like usual.

Ah well the bastards have dropped it from the 'best bits' show. I don't get to watch it on sat mornings as I play footie when its on. I also refuse to download Sky Anytime so I can watch it - cos that Kontiki software fucks with your PC in a baaaaaaad way.

Post #: 73
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 2/9/2007 10:23:37 PM   
James2183

Soccer Am is certainly not as funny anymore. One of the major gripes with the show now being Goldstein slobbering all over the Soccerettes. something Lovejoy never seemed to do. 

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

Post #: 74
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 3/9/2007 2:11:20 AM   
Art Vandelay

He seemed more excited than usual by all the American cheerleaders. They must have been so confused by all the Soccer AM/English humour!

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 75
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 3/9/2007 1:17:27 PM   
Skiba

I have to admit that Goldstein has actually grown on me...he was visibly nervous at first but some quality gags the last few weeks and he does genuinely seem like a nice guy

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 76
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 3/9/2007 1:22:17 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

I have to admit that Goldstein has actually grown on me...he was visibly nervous at first but some quality gags the last few weeks and he does genuinely seem like a nice guy

He's only gone from 'completely unlikable' to 'can put up with him' for me, but that's a BIG improvement. He's terrible when interviewing guests, and really lacks the spontanious wit and laddish charm that made lovejoy such a legend.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 77
Soccer AM - 15/12/2012 12:36:13 PM   
Skiba

How shit is this show now? I don't think I've ever watched something as painfully unfunny, and frankly, embarassing as that Franky whatever away day thing. And Tubes, what a cunt that bloke is. Again, painfully unfunny.

With the exception of showboat, there is nothing in that show worth watching anymore. Not a massive fan of Tim Lovejoy but the show has gone so far downhill since he left. Is Max Rushden the dullest man on TV?

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 78
RE: Soccer AM - 15/12/2012 5:50:10 PM   
jcthefirst

Wait a minute, Soccer AM used to be good?

News to me.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 79
RE: Soccer AM - 15/12/2012 9:30:39 PM   
ChickMagnet

Yeeeeeeeah, I'm kinda still a fan of it, particularly Frankie Fryer, its perfect Saturday Morning TV for me :)

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 80
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI