Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 6/6/2007 2:18:38 PM   
discodave101

Although it was quite repetitive, I loved every minute of the show and the sketches. And for me it all revolved around lovejoy and his crew - who are in essence his mates. Its for this reason why I'm finding it so difficult to imagine the show without him (and finding it hard imagining most of the crew staying) - especially if its true about Fenners (Barry) and Tubes. Lets face it Fenners was responsible for most of the comedy gold. Rotherham nurses being a particular fenners fave.

On a positive note - if those 3 are working on something together - it'll be fucking good.

As for this chef showing up Tim Lovejoy, who and when? I remember something similar happening on his sunday show, but he didn't take it in a bad way as you imply. Lovejoy provides quality, down to earth typical lads humour - the kinda guy we'd all like in our circle of friends.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 31
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 7/6/2007 1:25:04 PM   
Art Vandelay

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

How about the god that is Jeff Stelling? He could do an 8 hour slot, running from the Soccer AM studio to the Soccer Saturday one

Best. Idea. Ever!

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 32
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 28/6/2007 5:24:47 PM   
discodave101

That fucking nob head from All Sports has been given the job! Are Sky crazy? No-one likes him. He's not funny. Oh man I'm well pissed off at that news. The show needed to replace Tim with someone whose a funny character. I fear it won't be long before Soccer AM is now cancelled. I'm certainly not going to feel the need to watch it religiously every saturday now.

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 33
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 28/6/2007 8:20:17 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

That fucking nob head from All Sports has been given the job! Are Sky crazy? No-one likes him. He's not funny. Oh man I'm well pissed off at that news. The show needed to replace Tim with someone whose a funny character. I fear it won't be long before Soccer AM is now cancelled. I'm certainly not going to feel the need to watch it religiously every saturday now.

fuckin idiots. i feel the same, what was once must see tv is now at best meh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 34
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 29/6/2007 1:13:36 AM   
Art Vandelay

I'll actually watch the first show before passing judgement. He's obviously no Lovejoy, but i quite like the guy.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 35
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 29/6/2007 8:36:47 AM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay

I'll actually watch the first show before passing judgement. He's obviously no Lovejoy, but i quite like the guy.

Aye, I'll give it a try too. But I know I already hate the guy, so I'm just hoping the continued involvement of the crew and hels is enough to keep it going. Whenever i'm tried to watch All Sports, I just cringe at the guy. He seems to me like someone who tries to be funny and tries really hard to be liked, but fails on both counts.

G U T T E D

Post #: 36
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 29/6/2007 10:05:12 AM   
theram05

quote:

I think he's an annoying twat. He's a complete headwreck and if they'd just stuck a cabbage in beside Helen it woulda been a better decision.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 37
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 29/6/2007 10:08:49 AM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

quote:

I think he's an annoying twat. He's a complete headwreck and if they'd just stuck a cabbage in beside Helen it woulda been a better decision.

Heheheh Now that I'd definitely watch!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 38
Soccer AM - 8/8/2007 1:43:48 PM   
theram05

Nearly d day folks....

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,20144,12381_2615019,00.html

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 39
RE: Soccer AM - 8/8/2007 1:52:26 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

Goldstein?  Fucking Goldstein? Oh, well that's just superb.  At least I won't feel so bad about staying in bed until Soccer Saturday starts.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 40
RE: Soccer AM - 8/8/2007 1:54:36 PM   
theram05

Yes, its fucking Goldstein, I fear for my plasma's future, I cant imagine watching him and not wanting to punch the lil cunt.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 41
RE: Soccer AM - 8/8/2007 1:58:53 PM   
James2183

At least we have Stelling to make us feel better afterwards. I really don't think Soccer AM will be getting my attention on Saturday mornings anymore.

Speaking of Stelling there wan an article in The Independent the other day that talked about TV stations football presenters focussing on the BBC, ITV, Sky and Channel 5. For some reason they argued that Linaker was the overall most popular with Stelling near the bottom. If I could word a strongly worded letter to their comments department I would complain

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 42
RE: Soccer AM - 8/8/2007 2:36:01 PM   
theram05

I still like Soccer AM, theres a lot of shit on it, but I do like the MMS's, I like the montage clips, I love the bucket challenge, the showboat and crossbar challenge. After that, it all depends on the guests for me, and possibly a slutty tasty soccerette.

I read that article, I think they based it on viewership, strangely enough MOTD gets a lot of viewers, who'd a thunk it huh?!! FFS Chiles was 2 by their reckoning!

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 43
RE: Soccer AM - 8/8/2007 3:52:12 PM   
LB Jeffries

Anybody been watching David Beckham's Soccer USA on channel Five? If you haven't it's in the exactly the same style as Soccer AM with Lovejoy hosting. He's also brought Fenners and Robbie Knox with him which pretty much means Soccer AM is going to be absolute crap from now on. You have to watch some shite US Soccer but the rest of the show is them basically taking the piss out of it.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 44
RE: Soccer AM - 8/8/2007 3:56:28 PM   
James2183

So it's like one long episode of Boston Goals? 

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to LB Jeffries)
Post #: 45
RE: Soccer AM - 8/8/2007 3:59:30 PM   
LB Jeffries

Kind of, but better.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 46
RE: Soccer AM - 8/8/2007 4:03:21 PM   
Art Vandelay

Exactly. It really is, but it's pretty darn funny. Come on the Wizards!

And come on now, lets not all turn against Soccer AM so soon. At least give it a view on Saturday. I kind wish i wasn't going to West Ham on Saturday so i could just stay at home and watch Stelling and the crew. I honestly think he's the best presenter currently on TV. Not just the best Sports presenter, but the best TV presenter in general.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 47
RE: Soccer AM - 8/8/2007 4:03:31 PM   
James2183

To be fair, it's not hard to be better than Boston Goals 

Post #: 48
RE: Soccer AM - 8/8/2007 4:09:33 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: LB Jeffries

Anybody been watching David Beckham's Soccer USA on channel Five? If you haven't it's in the exactly the same style as Soccer AM with Lovejoy hosting. He's also brought Fenners and Robbie Knox with him which pretty much means Soccer AM is going to be absolute crap from now on. You have to watch some shite US Soccer but the rest of the show is them basically taking the piss out of it.

That doesnt sound awful, too bad we dont get 5 over here.

Post #: 49
RE: Soccer AM - 8/8/2007 4:54:18 PM   
Art Vandelay

The best part of it is where they compare the US commentary to ours. It's a whole other language!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 50
RE: Soccer AM - 9/8/2007 11:26:05 AM   
Skiba

Saturday Kitchen it is then

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 51
RE: Soccer AM - 9/8/2007 11:37:14 AM   
James2183

Caught the Channel 5 David Beckham thing last night and I thought it was average. It didn't seem to the have the atmosphere of Soccer AM and some of the jokes really didn't pay off. The Third Eye was probably the worst one I have seen as well.

Poor Lovejoy.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 52
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 9/8/2007 1:48:28 PM   
Ripper

As long as he doesnt go anywhere near virgin radio again im ok with it

I think we can all agree, history is in the past

- George Dubya Bush

Some say he only knows two things about ducks .... and both of them are wrong

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 53
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 9/8/2007 3:28:38 PM   
Art Vandelay

What's most surprising about the show is how good the quality of football is in the MLS. It's nothing spectacular, but they certainly know how to play a game. And even more shocking, Ricky Hatton is a pretty funny and somewhat witty guy!

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 54
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 11/8/2007 4:13:34 PM   
LB Jeffries

Watched SAM this morning and it was alright. Goldstein isn't nearly as good as Lovejoy but it was still enjoyable to have on instead of those endless cookery programmes on terrestrial.

I've just found out that Rob McCaffrey has also left Sky to go and work in Dubai fronting their english language football coverage. Now Sunday mornings won't be the same either. Goals on Sunday was always terrific with him and that nutjob Kamara.

Post #: 55
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 11/8/2007 6:36:28 PM   
Fletcher

I didn't mind Goldstein too much either. Though i think having Paddy Considine on the show helped. Still not Lovejoy but not a shambles either.

I still think Paddy McGuiness would have been a better choice to host it.

'Oh come on! Everybody knows this man tried to stab me through the neck, and you MISSED!....... butter fingers!'

The Bunk is strictly a suit and tie motherfucker

Post #: 56
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 12/8/2007 1:34:13 AM   
Fuzzbap

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fletcher

I didn't mind Goldstein too much either. Though i think having Paddy Considine on the show helped. Still not Lovejoy but not a shambles either.

I still think Paddy McGuiness would have been a better choice to host it.

I don't think it missed Tim as much as it missed Dyson, Fenners, Robbie and Sheephead.

How am I going to know when to put the clock back without the Hikers?

Shut your mouth, or I shall fly at you like a bag of cocks.

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 57
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 13/8/2007 8:57:45 AM   
discodave101

I thought the Soccer USA show was awful, and agree it had no atmosphere. Lovejoy is a funny charismatic guy but he needs a co-host to bounce off. As the guests don't really get brought in til about 15-20 mins in, its all a bit dull. I love Lovejoy, but he's at his worst when he's just autocueing and not ad-libbing with guests and co-hosts. I've already stopped watching it.

Haven't tried Soccer AM yet. I'll watch the best bits tonight and see what I think, but I'm really not optimistic.

(in reply to Fuzzbap)
Post #: 58
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 13/8/2007 8:32:02 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

Finally a sane person in this thread of conformists.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 59
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 13/8/2007 8:47:53 PM   
theram05

I'll hold my hand up and say, I judged it before I saw it.

And I was right. Goldstein is a dickhead. Soccer AM has been dying for a while though, it lives and dies by its guests though and so Saturdays show despite the dickheads presence, wasnt all that bad. I didnt like the clips bits about him though, headwrecking stuff.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI