Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 2:18:22 PM   
Venkman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6722355.stm

I'm a little disapointed because he is the man that holds the show together. I hope the guy from the All Sports show doesn't get the job, I don't like him
Post #: 1
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 2:20:00 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

End of an era, that.  Not sure Saturday mornings will be quite the same without Mr and Mrs Lovejoy.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Venkman)
Post #: 2
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 2:23:02 PM   
PedroSanchez

I am gutted.

''What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?''

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 3
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 2:23:34 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Venkman

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6722355.stm

I'm a little disapointed because he is the man that holds the show together. I hope the guy from the All Sports show doesn't get the job, I don't like him

GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say it aint so!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Venkman)
Post #: 4
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 2:30:23 PM   
elab49

Probably prefers his Sunday show with the amount of alcohol he downs on it!

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 5
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 2:43:09 PM   
matthewforan

He'll be missed because they had a good on screen chemistry but it'll be interesting to see who they get, just as long as it's not a Blue Peter failure.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 6
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 2:54:31 PM   
discodave101

Tim Lovejoy IS Soccer Am, I can't imagine anyone being able to replace him. Fuck, this is gutting, saturday mornings are gonna get shit now. Can anyone honestly think of a decent replacement?

Does this mean Helen is now the boss?

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 7
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 3:01:21 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

Tim Lovejoy IS Soccer Am, I can't imagine anyone being able to replace him. Fuck, this is gutting, saturday mornings are gonna get shit now. Can anyone honestly think of a decent replacement?

Snigger, a woman a boss, you're funny...

But seriously, they better not fucking dare but that idiot from the all sports show on it, he is a muppet.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 8
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 3:06:06 PM   
Peter Dragon

Soulglow's on the way!!

Ha ha!

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 9
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 3:06:23 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

Snigger, a woman a boss, you're funny...

But seriously, they better not fucking dare but that idiot from the all sports show on it, he is a muppet.

I REALLY fear they might y'know! Someone said Ex-Blue Peter, so now Richard Bacon has popped into my head as a possibility. Not sure if thats good or bad.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 10
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 5:21:13 PM   
The Lensman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Dragon

Soulglow's on the way!!

Ha ha!

if he gets the job, im gonna....... im gonna...... i dunno yet, but its gonna be bad..... reallllly bad!

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 11
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 5:23:41 PM   
Stuntman Mike

Anyone but the friday night twat please

A face you just want to kick repeatedly

Are you insane?
No. I'm a pirate.

(in reply to The Lensman)
Post #: 12
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 6:05:43 PM   
LB Jeffries

That's terrible news. There's only one possible replacement:

TRAMP!!

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to Stuntman Mike)
Post #: 13
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 6:38:09 PM   
*emz6*

NOOOOOOO! that sucks big time! no chelsea representation haha. Seriously it wont be the same without the combination of Lovejoy and Chamberlain.

(in reply to LB Jeffries)
Post #: 14
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 7:01:23 PM   
brampski

To be honest, Soccer AM is nothing on what it used to be. Its lost the random comedy moments that made it so much more than a football show.

Particularly missing the comedy segments before the soccerette which have been replaced by Barry which got old after about half a season and is now 3 seasons old.

Tubes is the best thing on that show which is now really going to struggle without Lovejoy to hold it together.

What are the occasions that warrant a dancing banana?

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 15
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 8:07:21 PM   
lord of the pies

Its a shame. If they get that weirdo from the All Sports show to do it then it will be the end for Soccer AM.

They need to get rid of crap stuff like Barry and the Yorkshire News thing. Credit to them though for not over using Tubes.

Join The Church of JJ today!

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=527670&mpage=23&key=&NID=0#2414995

(in reply to brampski)
Post #: 16
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 9:00:53 PM   
KennyM

Aye, it's not goin to be the same without Tim. It hasn't been as good recently but still the best thing on Saturday mornings.

(in reply to lord of the pies)
Post #: 17
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 9:08:56 PM   
Art Vandelay

No, No, Nooooooooo!

Ah man, i'm truly gutted. However i'm actually a fan of Andy Goldstein, so it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if he was to be the replacement. He'll never top Lovejoy, but i'd rather have him join than someone entirely new.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to KennyM)
Post #: 18
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 9:34:51 PM   
** Kill Yr Idols **

quote:

Soulglow's on the way!!

Oh i don't know, could be good if they played this:

http://letyoursoulglo.ytmnd.com/

during every commercial break...

Let me tell you about my mother......

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 19
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 9:43:37 PM   
matthewforan

quote:

ORIGINAL: lord of the pies

Its a shame. If they get that weirdo from the All Sports show to do it then it will be the end for Soccer AM.

They need to get rid of crap stuff like Barry and the Yorkshire News thing. Credit to them though for not over using Tubes.

Yorkshire News is great one of the highlights unless of course you're from Yorkshire then I imagine that i can be offensive.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to lord of the pies)
Post #: 20
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 9:54:25 PM   
Boring Prophet

quote:

ORIGINAL: ** Kill Yr Idols **

quote:

Soulglow's on the way!!

Oh i don't know, could be good if they played this:

http://letyoursoulglo.ytmnd.com/

during every commercial break...

(in reply to ** Kill Yr Idols **)
Post #: 21
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 10:00:06 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

quote:

ORIGINAL: lord of the pies

Yorkshire News is great one of the highlights unless of course you're from Yorkshire then I imagine that i can be offensive.

nope damn funny.

As someone else posted its not as good as it used to be but I don't think Lovejoy is that important to the mix. 

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 22
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 10:03:08 PM   
Joe

Am I the only one who found Lovejoy to get increasingly irritating? I don't reckon I'll miss him much to be honest. The show's quality had been slipping, and as producer he has to take a lot of the blame.

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 23
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 5/6/2007 11:23:09 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay

No, No, Nooooooooo!

Ah man, i'm truly gutted. However i'm actually a fan of Andy Goldstein, so it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if he was to be the replacement. He'll never top Lovejoy, but i'd rather have him join than someone entirely new.

Sorry I cant agree, hes a twunt.

quote:

Am I the only one who found Lovejoy to get increasingly irritating? I don't reckon I'll miss him much to be honest. The show's quality had been slipping, and as producer he has to take a lot of the blame.

Yea but it still pisses all over every other soccer show on at 9am on a Saturday morning, oh wait....

No seriously, it'll be a huge loss.

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 24
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 6/6/2007 12:08:39 AM   
Reidy

It will be a bit of a loss, but he isn't irreplaceable. Just a shame that I read that he is taking Fenners and the legend that is Tubes with him.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 25
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 6/6/2007 12:17:12 AM   
Art Vandelay

What! The two of them are leaving also? God, now i'm depressed.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 26
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 6/6/2007 1:16:24 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reidy

It will be a bit of a loss, but he isn't irreplaceable. Just a shame that I read that he is taking Fenners and the legend that is Tubes with him.

No?!!! Aw bollix, this is awful news........

He better not take tramp!

(in reply to Reidy)
Post #: 27
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 6/6/2007 1:22:21 PM   
matthewforan

Tubes going too this just isn't a good day, which one is Fenners again can't remember him.

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Venkman)
Post #: 28
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 6/6/2007 1:29:57 PM   
James2183

How about the god that is Jeff Stelling? He could do an 8 hour slot, running from the Soccer AM studio to the Soccer Saturday one

Lovejoy will be missed, but it was getting to a point of him being too up his own arse in some respects. I remember the time he got caught out by that chef who told him to raise his foot. He didn't like being made fun of one bit.

Yorkshire news and Tubes are always funny, but I think the likes of Barry and Boston Goals need to be dropped. Plus I hope those bloody awful Brylcream Ads with the commentator are gone too. They should have kept the chanting fans, far funnier.

EDIT: What if its Jaimie Redknapp?!

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

Post #: 29
RE: Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM - 6/6/2007 1:55:43 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

How about the god that is Jeff Stelling? He could do an 8 hour slot, running from the Soccer AM studio to the Soccer Saturday one

lol, fuck poor ol Jeff will collapse!

quote:

Lovejoy will be missed, but it was getting to a point of him being too up his own arse in some respects. I remember the time he got caught out by that chef who told him to raise his foot. He didn't like being made fun of one bit.

yea I hear ya but still, that was part of what made the show, they were jsut so comfortable in each other company, every one of them, not just Helen and Tim

quote:

Yorkshire news and Tubes are always funny, but I think the likes of Barry and Boston Goals need to be dropped.

Thats funny, I hate Barry and Yorkshire news, CCTV is pretty funny but I can see it getting old shortly. Boston goals was always a favourite of mine, but with their relegation I'd imagine its toast now.
quote:

EDIT: What if its Jaimie Redknapp?!

Oh so help me I'll storm the building.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Tim Lovejoy quits Soccer AM Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI