Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Brothers and Sisters

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Brothers and Sisters Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Brothers and Sisters - 31/5/2007 6:42:55 PM   
*emz6*

Dont know if anyone has seen the promo trailer doing the rounds on Channel 4 at the moment, seems this show is due to start soon. I think it looks pretty interesting from the trailer, although i havent heard anything about it from the states. Its got a pretty great cast though including Rachel Griffiths, Ron Rifkin, Sally Field, and Balthasar Getty amongst others. Its produced by Ken Olin who after his work on Alias im quite a fan of, he also worked on Lost i think, although this looks very different to each of those shows. Its also co-produced by Jon Robin Baitz who worked on the West Wing so it looks to have a pretty good pedigree.

Ill be tuning in, hopefully it lives up to the previous work of those involved. Anyone else think it looks interesting?
Post #: 1
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 31/5/2007 7:12:57 PM   
Grunny

Heards lots of good things about this show! I'm looking forward too it.

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 2
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 31/5/2007 7:25:50 PM   
*emz6*

ohh good, im not the only one then. Its kind of slipped under the radar from the US i feel cause usually you hear every now and then about the next GREAT show from the states. I like that though, usually these ones that arent touted as the 'now' programme are better than the others.

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 3
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 31/5/2007 7:31:26 PM   
Grunny

I heard about this, but I opted to download other new shows instead "The Riches" and the cancelled "Drive"

I was actually thinking a few days ago, I wonder if I can get the pilot for the show with Ally McBeal in and then the advert popped up - My Mind controls the TV

“People are strange, but more than that, they're good. They're good first, then strange.”

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 4
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 31/5/2007 7:48:44 PM   
Sophloz2104

I saw it advertised yesterday before Desperate Housewives.  I've heard lots of good things about it, said it has echoes of Six Feet Under and has a very good cast.  Will definitely be watching.  And, telling from my avatar, theres another reason I'll be watching it as well!

I dont like to eat things with cartoon characters that can talk or hatch a plan.

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 5
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 31/5/2007 7:50:50 PM   
*emz6*

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sophloz2104

I saw it advertised yesterday before Desperate Housewives.  I've heard lots of good things about it, said it has echoes of Six Feet Under and has a very good cast.  Will definitely be watching.  And, telling from my avatar, theres another reason I'll be watching it as well!

yer i got a 'six feet under' vibe of it when i saw the trail. im sure it will end up being nothing like it but still looks good. that character driven drama that when done well is brilliant.

(in reply to Sophloz2104)
Post #: 6
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 31/5/2007 8:16:14 PM   
Grunny

I didn't know Ken Olin was involved in this show! I love Alias.

Anyone seen drama show "What about Brian?" J.J abrams is the producer. It's very good. It's on e4, but I think it may be the type of show you have to watch from the start!

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 7
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 31/5/2007 8:21:24 PM   
hongkongphooey

I d/l it - it is okay, nothing great. Certainly nothing like Six Feet Under - more like Everwood in tone I'd say. I like Kevin - the gay brother - who is played by a Welsh actor.

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 8
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 31/5/2007 8:23:46 PM   
elab49

One thing this show doesn't have is the quality of Six Feet Under - seriously, if you like it, all power to you. But I wouldn't recommend anyone watching it expecting anything other than chick lit of the most gurning over emoting kind. And so much DRAMA!!!!!! Which some love - which is great. Not knocking it. Couldn't stand it myself.

Griffiths is in truth the only reason anyone would mention Six Feet Under in any connection with this. It is more of a soap in the kind of Providenceish vein.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Grunny)
Post #: 9
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 31/5/2007 9:31:44 PM   
JV

I saw this ad last night. I was intrigued by it! I tend to lose interest in shows after a few episodes but I'll give it a stab. No idea when it's starting. Bit of an odd time for C4 to start advertising it since BB is going to dominate their airwaves for the next few months so everything else gets pushed aside.

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 31/5/2007 10:17:09 PM   
clare_star_

I saw the trailer last night during Desperate Housewives and thought it looked alright. The cast is appealling and I have a Lost/DH/GW type gap at the moment. Anyone have any clues when it will be starting on channel 4?

''Twitter''

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 11
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 1/6/2007 12:35:25 PM   
Sophloz2104

It should be starting in a few weeks or so.  Its replacing DH which ended on Weds.  But Channel 4 have got a few documentaries for the next few weeks in that slot, but its definitely starting this month.  20th or the 27th most likely.

I dont like to eat things with cartoon characters that can talk or hatch a plan.

(in reply to clare_star_)
Post #: 12
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 1/6/2007 5:08:20 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Bit cheeky advertising Rob Lowe so prominently in the promo considering he doesn't debut until episode 9!

Post #: 13
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 1/6/2007 5:43:30 PM   
Art Vandelay

So has this show been a success in the US? Did it get a 2nd Season? After the likes of Studio 60 and 6 Degrees, i can't get attached to another show, only for it to be cancelled...i just can't!

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 14
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 1/6/2007 6:47:16 PM   
Sophloz2104

It has been given a second season so if we addicted to it we still have another season which is good.  Yeah I thought it was a bit naughty of channel 4 to advertise Rob Lowe even though he wont be in untill episode 9.  Hmmm trying to rope the female audience in methinks.

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 15
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 1/6/2007 7:32:43 PM   
forbidden_planet

Yeah I've seen the trailer and does look interesting. A star studded cast with great talents so should make for good viewings.

"Robert Ford would only lay on the floor and look at the ceiling, the light going out of his eyes before he could find the right words"

"How many times do I have to tell you John, I always have a plan"

Post #: 16
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 3/6/2007 7:00:53 PM   
*emz6*

ive just seen another longer trail for it and the amount of people that have been in Alias that feature in this as well its quite funny.

(in reply to forbidden_planet)
Post #: 17
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 3/6/2007 7:12:00 PM   
Sophloz2104

My mum rang me up yesterday as I'm due to come home from uni in a few weeks, and work full time over the summer, to tell me that I mustn't plan anything for Weds nights as I'm to sit with her with a glass of wine and watch Brothers and Sisters.  She decided this from seeing the trailer.  And, like myself, being a Rob Lowe fan.  I did explain that he wasn't in it untill ep 9 but she didn't seem to listen!

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 18
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 6/6/2007 6:11:07 PM   
*emz6*

Whats the song playing in the trailer? is it Klaxons? melike it

Post #: 19
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 6/6/2007 6:14:20 PM   
matthewforan

I just saw the ad and it does look rather good. It has a pretty good cast too, Rob Lowe wooooooo

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 20
RE: Brothers & Sisters - 19/6/2007 8:37:29 PM   
Mason Verger

Channel 4 begin showing it on Wednesday 20 June. Episode 1 at 8.30pm and episode 2 at 10.00pm.

http://www.tv.com/brothers-and-sisters/show/58012/summary.html

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 21
RE: Brothers & Sisters - 20/6/2007 11:02:05 AM   
discodave101

It doesn't really look like my cup of tea, but I'll give it a try. Now all the shows I watched are on hiatus I need another program to get into.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 22
RE: Brothers & Sisters - 20/6/2007 11:14:25 AM   
Sophloz2104

Channel 4 know how to promote it, everyone I know is staying in to watch it.  Prob more to do with the fact that neither of us have any money than some slick advertising on behalf of c4.  The only annoying thing is the half hour break between the two eps for Big Brother-just get the shite off TV already.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 23
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 20/6/2007 3:49:16 PM   
swan

quote:

ORIGINAL: *emz6*

Whats the song playing in the trailer? is it Klaxons? melike it

yeah it is its golden skans

**its that warriors vs baseball fury element
that glitches motor sensory developement
i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 24
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 20/6/2007 3:57:02 PM   
matthewforan

When is B&S on? I'm a big Rob Lowe fan as my av might suggest

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 25
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 20/6/2007 4:06:55 PM   
Sophloz2104

It's on tonight Matthew at 8.30pm, then another ep at 10pm.  There's a half hour break in between for Big Brother.  There's another ep on e4 at 11, which will be the one aired on c4 next week.  Rob doesn't appear untill ep 10 though so they better get through them quickly.  Of course you expected me to know all this anyway didn't you!

Post #: 26
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 20/6/2007 4:11:17 PM   
matthewforan

Of course Soph, I'm really looking forward to it after his interview on JR friday night.

Punchdrunk RIP

Post #: 27
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 20/6/2007 4:12:41 PM   
troublemakerashleigh

My  only weird thing about this is Matthew Rhys with an American accent, I just find it weird...just me then!

www.myspace.com/ashleighcassegrain
Got Facebook?

Post #: 28
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 20/6/2007 4:16:05 PM   
captain jack harknes

From the advert I saw, it looks like Calista Flockhart is just playing her Ally McBeal character (which isn't a bad thing, I love Ally).  The line, "it was the gin, the gin slept with him," was so Ally, I guess Brothers and Sisters is the nearest thing I'll get being as Ally McBeal is never coming back

"The arctic has no respect for fashion, Vince"

"I ain't no one's trophy."

"You got it, Allison. You got it RAW!"

(in reply to troublemakerashleigh)
Post #: 29
RE: Brothers and Sisters - 20/6/2007 4:34:37 PM   
Sophloz2104

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

Of course Soph, I'm really looking forward to it after his interview on JR friday night.

The interview was amazing, loved him on JR.  And he looked so delicious.  Although he's one of those annoying people that never ever looks bad, its so unfair.  Should be good tonight, need a bit of trashy addictive drama in my life.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Brothers and Sisters Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI