Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 10:17:35 AM   
Gizmo 76

Don't worry the little sister will appear again, they can run back into their little holes once the Big Daddy dies.

More Big Daddies appear once you've killed them, just follow one about in this area and he'll get another little sister to come out.

On a different note I finished this last night, really enjoyed it, best game for a while, even though the game could of done with cutting out some of the collecting situations as it felt a bit of a cheap way of extending the game at times and didn't need too imo. But I will got through this again at some point that is for sure, but this time the poor little sisters will be sucked dry!!!!

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 211
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 10:37:54 AM   
HIM

One thing I don't like about the game is the rejuvanating chamber things. It just makes the game too easy and takes away all the tension and fear that the game has. You can just run around the game being reckless and taking on a Big Daddy with only a wrench as there's no real consequence of 'dying'. You just regenerate and run right out and carry on smacking the Big Daddy until he dies.

Resident Evil was a lot more scary and tense because there was a real consequence to dying. You didn't just respawn so you were always seconds from death. BioShock lacks this kind of atmosphere. I remember playing the demo and my heart rate actually rose when I encountered the first Big Daddy. Actually I shat my pants. But now an encounter with a Big Daddy holds no fear. If I get killed I just respawn and carry on the attack.

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 212
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 11:47:49 AM   
Wilbert

Here's a link to a PDF of a Bioshock artbook
http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/artbook.html

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 213
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 5:57:52 PM   
James2183

Picked it up for the PC today

Anyone else got it on PC?

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 214
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 6:30:16 PM   
musewitch

Yeah I got the pc version.

Can't look Can't look

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 215
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 9:25:00 PM   
James2183

How have you found it? Not been able to install and play it yet, but does it run smoothly etc?

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to musewitch)
Post #: 216
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 10:49:47 PM   
musewitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

How have you found it? Not been able to install and play it yet, but does it run smoothly etc?

Yeah it runs fantasticly!  I'd be annoyed if it didn't tho considering my awesome rig.  I get a pretty solid 60fps and no major slowdown when lots of enemys/special effects are on the screen at once.  Apparently its not a terribly demanding game, what graphics card do you have?

Can't look Can't look

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 217
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 10:59:29 PM   
James2183

Nvidia 8600GT

< Message edited by James2183 -- 1/9/2007 11:07:55 PM >

(in reply to musewitch)
Post #: 218
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 11:22:41 PM   
bub

Just completed it what a stunning game. Now going to do it on easy to pick up my remaining points.

P.S For anyone who hasn't got their lucky winner achivement thought I'd let you know I got it on my second go. Try hitting the machine with the wrench while its spinning.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 219
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 11:42:57 PM   
AndyR

I'm playing this through a second time on hard- the combat seems much much better this way- the Big Daddys are a real challenge on this mode (until you get the trap bolts that is).

I'm also noticing a lot of things I missed first time round (highlight for mild Fort Frolic spoilers)

Those FUCKING STATUE SPLICERS! I completely missed the secret cellar in Robertson's Spirits the first time, so I nearly shit myself when I turned around to see the bastard just standing there, then it starts moving!
Now the whole level's teeming with the creepy bastards.

Did anyone else notice the vending machine in the Theatre with the incredibly over-priced food? Genius.

< Message edited by AndyR -- 2/9/2007 12:26:47 AM >

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 220
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 2/9/2007 12:12:23 AM   
musewitch

I'm yet for it to really grab me.  Its fun, but the story hasn't taken hold yet and I'm getting impatiant.

Can't look Can't look

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 221
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 2/9/2007 12:15:57 AM   
AndyR

How far in are you? I thought the story was the best I've seen in a video game, though it's definitely a slow-burner.

(in reply to musewitch)
Post #: 222
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 2/9/2007 12:23:23 AM   
musewitch

Thats good to know, I like slow burners.

I've just past where you have to choose with the first little sister.  I was going to go into the sub to the next part of the game but it told me there was another 2 little sisters in the level that I should harvest their adam.  I got one of them, and I'm wating for the other to show up.

Can't look Can't look

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 223
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 2/9/2007 12:31:00 AM   
AndyR

Are you listening to all the audio diaries as well? A lot of the back-story is told through those, but it's quite easy to miss them if you're not keeping an eye out for them.

(in reply to musewitch)
Post #: 224
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 2/9/2007 1:01:59 AM   
musewitch

No I've been listening to them all, well all the ones I find anyway.  It certainly is an interesting game, I can't wait to see whats in the next level!

Can't look Can't look

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 225
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 2/9/2007 11:44:07 PM   
James2183

Is it just me, or does anyone else who has the PC version of this find the Big Daddy's a bit easy? Started a normal game this evening and met the first Big Daddy which I defeated quite easilly on my first attempt.

On the whole the game is quite good with the graphics being stunning. Still not as good as Half Life 2 though as of yet

(in reply to musewitch)
Post #: 226
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 3/9/2007 12:01:25 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I don't think the difficulty will change between platforms (obviously you'll find it slightly easier using your prefered control method). Which mode are you playing through on? On Medium/Normal whichever it's called the very first few big daddies are not that easy to kill, once you get the better weapons they do become rather easy to kill, although they'll still cause their fair share of damage.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 227
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 3/9/2007 12:04:14 AM   
Harry Tuttle

It's probably easier because the game lends itself better to keyboard and mouse I would imagine. On the 360 I got my arse handed to me about 5 or 6 times on my first Big Daddy encounter. The first one was the hardest though, they definitely got easier after that. On Easy you can destroy them with the wrench in about 4 or 5 swipes.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 228
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 3/9/2007 12:04:27 AM   
James2183

Playing through it on the Normal setting. After reading it that others have just sped through it on easy I wanted to savour it. However, when the first Big Daddy showed up I think it hit me twice in total before I killed him. It was just a question of shocking him and battering him with the wrench and shotgun.

Perhaps it is because I have not used any other weapons than the wrench up to that point and I had a good amount of arsenal on me. But I never got in a position where I thought I was in major trouble.

Post #: 229
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 3/9/2007 12:27:05 AM   
musewitch

I found the first few big daddies quite easy to kill as well.  Maybe with the mouse and keyboard setup its easier to get out of their way when they charge?

Can't look Can't look

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 230
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 4/9/2007 4:24:12 PM   
dark_exodus

I went out and bought this game for the PC. Was really looking forward to playing it, but it crashes everytime after the opening sequence.

I hate PC gaming

Watched at the Cinema Recently
The Town 4/5
Buried 4/5

www.gameshideout.co.uk

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 231
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 4/9/2007 5:55:23 PM   
James2183

Have you updated your drivers?

Looks like I spoke too soon on the Big Daddy front. The second one is proving to be a pain in the arse. Killed him the first time I did it, but chose to load it up again before I fought him so I could try and conserve life etc. only to find the git hard to kill now without using nearly everything I have.

(in reply to dark_exodus)
Post #: 232
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 4/9/2007 6:26:35 PM   
target

Has anyone bothered to go back through the game after saving before the last boss?
I went back to find the artist dude, who i left alive in fort frolic, but cant find him anywhere. i was told not to kill him now hes gone.

I might just start again, it's a bit anoying because i'll have to take photos of everything again.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 233
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 4/9/2007 6:32:19 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

If you want to find Sander Cohen go [highlight for spoilers] back to the Apartments, where Suchyong and Tenenbaums flats were, Cohan's is on the ground floor on your right, you'll see two splicers dancing, if you stop them from dancing (shooting them) Sander Cohen will come down from the locked door inside the room you're in, kill him, take a photo (for the irony achievement) of him and go through the door he came out of and you'll go into his room and get the achievement.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 234
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 4/9/2007 6:42:13 PM   
target

Cheers, do you know what area thats in? cant remember for the life of me.

Post #: 235
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 4/9/2007 6:47:57 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Olympus Heights

(in reply to target)
Post #: 236
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 4/9/2007 6:52:38 PM   
target

Thanks.

EDIT: Found him, cheers.

< Message edited by target -- 4/9/2007 7:58:03 PM >

Post #: 237
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 7/9/2007 9:05:32 AM   
HIM

I completed this game t'other night and despite all my bitching and moaning about it not having anything new or lacking any atmosphere I absolutely loved it in the end. Talk about it being a slow burner. I agree with whoever said the final boss was like something out of Fantastic Four though. Quite wierd and out of keeping with the rest of the game. I managed to get 860 points which wasn't bad. Going through on Hard at the moment to try and get the remaining points. Should be the only other game aside from Turtles that I've managed to get 1,000 points off!

****SPOILERS****

One thing though; Am I right in thinking Ryan was trying to break the mental hold that 'Atlas' had over me (I remember him muttering about a man chooses and a slave obeys) when he asked me to kill him and that he didn't actually want me to do it? I'd gotten past all his defenses so he was basically fucked. This really confused me at the time but looking back I think that's why he asked me to kill him.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 238
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 7/9/2007 10:13:43 AM   
Peter Griffin

Jesus loves me yes i know, because the bible told me so.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 239
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 7/9/2007 10:31:46 AM   
paulyboy

Completed it last night finally, would of completed it sooner but just haven't had the time in all honesty, after the entire day I initially spent playing it I've only been getting an hour here and there on it. Overall very enjoyable and well worth purchasing. That said I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going through the motions by the end of it all, if I never see another (respawning) splicer in my lifetime I'll die a happy man. As for the end boss, not since Resident Evil 4 have I been left with such a feeling of "was that it?", I actually think a singular Big Daddy posed more of a threat.

Other than that no complaints really, although on a slightly different note the reviews for this got rather carried away in my opinion. Personally - and I'll get shot for saying this -  I actually found Condemned and The Darkness a touch more satisfying to work through at the end of the day. Admittadley Bioshock has them beat in a whole host of areas namely length and depth, but I do feel those games (The Darkness especially) had stronger narritives, story arcs that simply drew me in more. Each to their own though..........

Question for those on the second run through, does the game keep track of your stats on a second play-through or am I actually going to have to invent 100 items as opposed to the remaining number from my previous go?

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI