Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/8/2007 12:16:20 PM   
Tafferel

MILD SPOLIER WARNING FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T COMPLETED THE MEDICAL CENTRE LEVEL

Did anyone else almost mess themselves (as I did) in that dentistry room with the steam? When you're at the desk, the steam clears and the guy is standing behind you? Jeez, I nearly jumped through the ceiling!

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 181
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/8/2007 12:23:17 PM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tafferel

MILD SPOLIER WARNING FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T COMPLETED THE MEDICAL CENTRE LEVEL

Did anyone else almost mess themselves (as I did) in that dentistry room with the steam? When you're at the desk, the steam clears and the guy is standing behind you? Jeez, I nearly jumped through the ceiling!

Almost? No. I actually did shit myself. There's a few monents like that.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Tafferel)
Post #: 182
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/8/2007 12:53:33 PM   
krudler

love the amount of options you have to kill people in this game,do i hack a turret,lead people into it? lead them into water and shock the shit out of them or fire explosive barrels with a plasmid,so many choices, love using tables and bodies as shields before hurling them into someones face, actually find medium a bit challenging in places so gonna run through it again on easy and harvest all the little sisters,been saving them so far

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 183
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/8/2007 2:59:20 PM   
talpacino

Yeah I've been saving them all too but I get the feeling I should be harvesting them.

And another thing, not sure if it's a glitch or what but I was in McDonagh's Tavern or whatever it's called and I came across a Big Daddy and Little sister. I fought the Big Daddy and we both killed eachother at the same time. I woke up in the vita chamber and went back to find the Big Daddy still there dead but the little sister had gone so I couldn't get the Adam. This happen to anyone else?

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 184
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/8/2007 6:10:43 PM   
Boring Prophet

Right, so let me see. AND NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!!

For the good ending, do you have to rescue ALL of the Little Sisters? Or is it just that every Little Sister dealt with has to be rescued (ie, no harvests at all)?

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 185
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/8/2007 6:18:23 PM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

For the good ending, do you have to rescue ALL of the Little Sisters? Or is it just that every Little Sister dealt with has to be rescued (ie, no harvests at all)?

as far as i know its no harvests but doesnt matter if you get them all,if anyones interested 2k game have put the entire score for the movie up for free download: http://downloads.2kgames.com/bioshock/BioShock_Score.zip

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Boring Prophet)
Post #: 186
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/8/2007 6:45:34 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

I harvested the first one but then rescued all of the others. I didn't get them all before I finished.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Boring Prophet)
Post #: 187
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/8/2007 6:46:22 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler
if anyones interested 2k game have put the entire score for the movie up for free download: http://downloads.2kgames.com/bioshock/BioShock_Score.zip

Thanks for this, Krudler.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 188
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/8/2007 7:47:15 PM   
Neo

I harvested one and saved the rest, and got the good ending.

I chose to save the first one, that may be the key.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 189
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/8/2007 7:58:24 PM   
target

I saved the first but havested the rest(haven't finised yet) i'm not really expecting the good ending.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Neo)
Post #: 190
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/8/2007 8:35:58 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neo

I harvested one and saved the rest, and got the good ending.

I chose to save the first one, that may be the key.

It's not. I harvested the first one and saved the rest and got the good ending.

(in reply to Neo)
Post #: 191
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/8/2007 11:25:48 PM   
TrendMeUp

SPOILERS INVOLVING THE BAD ENDING:

Yes it does just end abruptly. I was totally confused by it. So you escape and the Splicers follow you out of Rapture? What was the bomb on the sub all about? Very short and vague...

http://thatgumyoulikeblog.wordpress.com - a film blog

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 192
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 30/8/2007 12:36:37 AM   
Palahniuks_laughter

Well, I have completely finished Bioshock and what cracking game. Taking down the big daddies on hard was a serious challenge. The first one I came up against gave me an absolute beating. By the time I was finished with him I had next to no ammo left and was seriously low on health and eve. On hard even taking on the spider and nitro splicers becomes a challenge and leadhead splicers are like bullit sponges. I totally agree about the bit in the dentist, scared the hell out of me. 

And in response to N4TH's kind comments, I have had six weeks off work hense having so much spare time for bioshock aswell as getting out of the house and even getting a respectable tan.

Hemingway once wrote 'The world is a beautiful place and worth fighting for'. I agree with the second part.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas, I don't know.

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 193
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 30/8/2007 12:30:19 PM   
lord of the pies

This game has really annoyed me. I haven't been playing it much so I'm not that far but I got to the point where you have to take the photos of the three spider splicers. Sounds easy except the third one isn't there. I found the one in the bar but in Jet Portal there isn't one although the hints said there was. I was litreally walking around most of the level for over an hour to see if for some reason it would appear somewhere else and it is no where to be seen.

Not very fun I might have to find a save from far back.

Join The Church of JJ today!

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=527670&mpage=23&key=&NID=0#2414995

(in reply to Palahniuks_laughter)
Post #: 194
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 31/8/2007 8:26:30 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: lord of the pies

This game has really annoyed me. I haven't been playing it much so I'm not that far but I got to the point where you have to take the photos of the three spider splicers. Sounds easy except the third one isn't there. I found the one in the bar but inJet Portal there isn't one although the hints said there was. I was litreally walking around most of the level for overan hour to see if for some reason it would appear somewhere else and it is no where to be seen.

You may have already killed it but not taken the photo. Go to the place and see if there are any corpses around. Take their photos and see if any of them are the one.

(in reply to lord of the pies)
Post #: 195
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 31/8/2007 9:51:03 AM   
borstal

Just achievement hunting left to do now, going through it on easy to get them. Of the endings the rescue little sister one is miles better than the harvest little sister one.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 196
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 31/8/2007 10:27:37 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Palahniuks_laughter
And in response to N4TH's kind comments, I have had six weeks off work hense having so much spare time for bioshock aswell as getting out of the house and even getting a respectable tan.

I honestly didn't mean to you offend you bud, I just couldn't believe you'd played through it so much to an extent that I physically couldn't do even if I wanted to.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Palahniuks_laughter)
Post #: 197
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 31/8/2007 11:25:09 AM   
lord of the pies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: lord of the pies

This game has really annoyed me. I haven't been playing it much so I'm not that far but I got to the point where you have to take the photos of the three spider splicers. Sounds easy except the third one isn't there. I found the one in the bar but in Jet Portal there isn't one although the hints said there was. I was litreally walking around most of the level for over an hour to see if for some reason it would appear somewhere else and it is no where to be seen.

Cheers I didn't think of that I'll give it a try.
You may have already killed it but not taken the photo. Go to the place and see if there are any corpses around. Take their photos and see if any of them are the one.

Join The Church of JJ today!

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=527670&mpage=23&key=&NID=0#2414995

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 198
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 31/8/2007 5:31:40 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Finally got around to finishing this today, managed to get 830 GP in one play through aswell which wasn't bad, only 5 achievements short.

A very good game overall, with a good driving story (even if I didn't pay too much attention to all of the diaries I found). The final boss was a bit shite though, too much like the sort of boss you'd expect from a game like Fantastic Four or something where he uses all the powers you have earnt throughout the game. I quite liked the ending, having all the little sisters jump all over him and stab him to death with their Adam Needles.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 31/8/2007 5:37:28 PM >

(in reply to Tafferel)
Post #: 199
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 31/8/2007 5:37:59 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Oops, I was meant to put that in inviso text, very sorry about that.

EDIT: You might want to edit it out of your post too.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 31/8/2007 5:38:56 PM >

Post #: 200
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 31/8/2007 10:16:28 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Just finished my 2nd playthrough and got the good ending (very touching). I also managed to get a few achievements out of the way but I'm stuck as far as getting all the diaries and tonics goes. I need 2 more diaries and 1 more tonic!!! Problem is, I haven't a clue which ones I'm missing so a guide would be pointless . Oh and I saved it after, (SPOILER HIGHLIGHT TO READ) becoming the Big Daddy, so I can only play it for about 15-20 minutes before I get a migraine.

Cracking game, both endings were great but the good one was the best, plus you're MUCH better off saving the Little Sisters as far as getting Adam goes. In the long run you might get a touch more if you harvest them all than if you rescue them but the Plasmid's and Tonics you get of Tenenbaum counters that and then some.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 201
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 31/8/2007 11:41:40 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Just finished my 2nd playthrough and got the good ending (very touching). I also managed to get a few achievements out of the way but I'm stuck as far as getting all the diaries and tonics goes. I need 2 more diaries and 1 more tonic!!! Problem is, I haven't a clue which ones I'm missing so a guide would be pointless . Oh and I saved it after, (SPOILER HIGHLIGHT TO READ) becoming the Big Daddy, so I can only play it for about 15-20 minutes before I get a migraine.

Cracking game, both endings were great but the good one was the best, plus you're MUCH better off saving the Little Sisters as far as getting Adam goes. In the long run you might get a touch more if you harvest them all than if you rescue them but the Plasmid's and Tonics you get of Tenenbaum counters that and then some.

How do you know how many diaries you have? Is there anywhere that tells you? Or did you count them in the messages screen?

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 202
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 12:04:25 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

How do you know how many diaries you have? Is there anywhere that tells you? Or did you count them in the messages screen?

I had to count them. A bit of a pain but I wanted to know how many I had left to get. Same with the tonics.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Post #: 203
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 12:04:25 AM   
musewitch

Finaly bought this today, got a bargin 22.99 from Morrisons.

Gonna dedicate tomorrow night to it I think

Can't look Can't look

Post #: 204
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 12:18:57 AM   
Yeti

Hmmmmn. I'll persevere, but frankly, I'd like to know which reviewers got sucked off on this particular venture. Glad I borrowed it.

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to musewitch)
Post #: 205
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 1:44:04 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

Hmmmmn. I'll persevere, but frankly, I'd like to know which reviewers got sucked off on this particular venture. Glad I borrowed it.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 206
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 2:44:12 AM   
musewitch

Well I put it on and I've been playing it for an hour or so and its pretty good.  I haven't got to any of the 'jaw dropping' story twists yet though I am enjoying paralising the baddies and then whopping them with my wrench.  

Outstanding graphics too.

Can't look Can't look

Post #: 207
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 7:39:39 AM   
Kami89

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

I had to count them. A bit of a pain but I wanted to know how many I had left to get. Same with the tonics.

If you press right on the DPad I think there is a messages tab, that will have the Radio Messages you recieved, and then place names such as '
Hephaestus' and 'Olympus Heights', and these are the places you found the diaries. You can then enter these to see a list of the Diares you have collected in that area.

And then, by using a list like this one  you can then work out which ones you are missing, and I think that one even has a map, and description where the missing diaries are, so you should find them in no time.

< Message edited by Kami89 -- 1/9/2007 7:40:32 AM >

Post #: 208
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 8:26:43 AM   
Yeti

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yeti

Eek.

No, I mean, it's a solid enough game - but hardly the second coming of Jesus (I got all the guns out ready, just in case. Now I have to put them back). Just niggles, really. I'll put my finger on it when I've finished it.

That fact that you permanently feel two foot tall in the game is not helping. Or my TV is screwed. I keep clicking the button thinking I'm crouching, then end up even smaller.

Also, Atlas shrugging in the Kashmir restaurant made me chuckle, though. For my own reasons.

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

Post #: 209
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/9/2007 9:50:56 AM   
HIM

Right I think I've encountered a problem. I've just got to Arcadia (the big greenhouse level) and I was fighting the first Big Daddy you encounter. It got to the point where we both had a smidgen of energy left and I ended up dead. So after I regenerated I ran back to him and he was helping his Little Sister up into one of those holes they go into. So I waited a while for her to come out before finishing him off so I could rescue her but a Splicer appeared out of nowhere and engaged me in fisticuffs. However, the Big Daddy got in the way and the Splicer went and killed him. Now it seems the Little Sister won't come out (fuck knows where she went) so I can't rescue her. I've since killed the second Big Daddy and rescued that Little Sister, so the icons on the start menu say that I've only rescued 1 Little Sister and one is still out there somewhere. Is there anyway for me to coax her out? Will she even come out at all or have I bolloxed this level up? I'm also too far to start again and I don't have any previous saves to restart from.

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI