Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 2:04:31 PM   
AndyR

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

I don't know what it is about this game but it just hasn't grabbed me thus far. I'm in the medical wing bit and have just gotten myself Telekinesis so I'm not that far, but I've still been playing it for a good 2 or 3 hours. Usually more than enough time for a game to either grab me by the balls and make me play or leave me with a bitter taste that only a shit game can. Bioshock has done neither. I don't love the game, but I don't hate it either. I guess I'm just waiting for that moment when something will happen and make me go 'Wow' and it'll justify all the hype and glowing reviews. So far it's been pretty standard FPS. Nothing I've not seen before.

Keep playing it, the game definitely opens up after the medical wing section, it introduces a lot more aspects to the gameplay with all the weapon cutomization, the other plasmids and the Big Daddy hunting for example.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 121
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 2:04:46 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Yeah I managed to find them wasn't too hard in the end, once I realised that couple of frag grenades made mincemeat out of the fuckers.

I was talking to a mate earlier on and he all but gave away the ending for the game (accidentally), the bastard .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 122
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 2:15:51 PM   
Zao

Just completed it. What a game! I'm now going to play through it again to rinse it of the remaining achievements. Definitely one of the best games I've played for the 360.

"I have to go. But if I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll rub...sand...in your dead little eyes."

My humble, sweary movie blog

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 123
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 2:50:06 PM   
AndyR

Can anyone tell me roughly how far into the game I am? I'm just about to enter the market garden place after visiting the plant woman, but I'm trying to pace myself, and not complete it too quickly.

(in reply to Zao)
Post #: 124
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 2:53:58 PM   
Zao

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndyR

Can anyone tell me roughly how far into the game I am? I'm just about to enter the market garden place after visiting the plant woman, but I'm trying to pace myself, and not complete it too quickly.

I'd say you're about 40-45% into the game. Don't know how accurate my estimation is though.

"I have to go. But if I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll rub...sand...in your dead little eyes."

My humble, sweary movie blog

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 125
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 2:55:32 PM   
AndyR

Cheers.

(in reply to Zao)
Post #: 126
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 3:31:41 PM   
HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

just finished, will now play through again as i have only amassed 475 gamerpoints

recently viewed
georgia rule 3/5
reign over me 5/5
the lookout 2/5
bourne ultimatum 4/5

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 127
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 5:54:31 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

just finished, will now play through again as i have only amassed 475 gamerpoints

How long would you say it took you to complete?

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to HeWhoMustNotBeNamed)
Post #: 128
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 6:04:54 PM   
HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

9-10 hours of gameplay max

recently viewed
georgia rule 3/5
reign over me 5/5
the lookout 2/5
bourne ultimatum 4/5

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 129
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 6:27:41 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

9-10 hours of gameplay max

Quite suprised by that given that most of the reviews I've read put it an 20+ hours.

I've yet to play it, had it since Friday but just haven't had the time. I'm hoping to sink my teeth into it tonight.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to HeWhoMustNotBeNamed)
Post #: 130
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 7:11:52 PM   
Dark Knight

Enjoying it so far, but it will take me a long time to finish and rinse it becuase I can only play it when the five old year isn't bouncing about! :)

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 131
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 8:08:57 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

Milton keynes?

yeah Milton Keynes....was a nice hot day and i saw an abundence [sp] of hot pants out :D

[on topic]

im still on my first play through and i've managed to get 37/50 of the achieves. its cool that most of them are quite easily doable with only a handful being a true test. im a bit dissapointed there's no achievement difference between playing through on easy or normal as i like progressive replays and i don't really want to jump from the easy run and gun fun of the easy mode straight up to the hard setting.

but loving the story, atmosphere, graphics....its all around fun and there's so much you can miss if you don't take your time. there's also been about 5 times i've had to stop and think 'wow' when im looking out of a glass corridor at the sealife outside and the grand landscape design. it really is an immense looking game.

and i've been saving all the little sisters so far, no killingz from me! [i want my 100 points :) ]

460/1000 so far.

< Message edited by Chojin -- 26/8/2007 8:10:33 PM >

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to target)
Post #: 132
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 8:27:58 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

and i've been saving all the little sisters so far, no killingz from me! [i want my 100 points :) ]

Total opposite for me, I've harvested them all for the Adam . Felt like a right bastard when I did the 1st one though .

I've just got to the Metro after spending the last hour or so using nothing but telekinesis and barrels to kill the enemies. I killed a few of the Leadhead Splicers with their own hats .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 133
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 8:30:16 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

You really don't need to kill them for the ADAM, the guy on the radio is a complete liar, I had about 5 or 600 hundred ADAM spare after buying the upgrades I wanted after saving all the little sisters, I've done every little sister so far and I've already done the metro bit though.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 26/8/2007 8:33:24 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 134
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 10:06:17 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

Total opposite for me, I've harvested them all for the Adam . Felt like a right bastard when I did the 1st one though .

I've just got to the Metro after spending the last hour or so using nothing but telekinesis and barrels to kill the enemies. I killed a few of the Leadhead Splicers with their own hats .

im actually interested to know how much extra you get for killing them instead...you get 80 for each time you choose to let them live BUT for every 2-3 [?] that you don't kill you get a bonus gift and often they can be like 200-300 adam, as well as plasmid upgrades, money etc.

so i reckon does it even out at the same amount of adam either way? just that you get it more immediately if you choose to kill them.

and as for fighting styles, im going through it on easy and haven't had much of a need for anything more than my shotgun once powered up. im a big shotgun fan in shooting games but its starting to annoy me that its taking 3 shots to take down some of the later enemies [obv. im sure its more on normal/hard] and on the other hand the big daddys/elite bouncers only take 3-4 shots of either explosive or lightning shells from my shotty.

so maybe i've missed out on a lot of the needed combat thinking from playing the game on easy. ive never really had to think about combat, whatever i use i'd win :/

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 135
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 11:21:52 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

I've done every little sister so far

Its the openess thats chills

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 136
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/8/2007 11:26:30 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

You and your taking comments out of context, you bastard.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 137
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 27/8/2007 1:56:11 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

im actually interested to know how much extra you get for killing them instead...you get 80 for each time you choose to let them live BUT for every 2-3 [?] that you don't kill you get a bonus gift and often they can be like 200-300 adam, as well as plasmid upgrades, money etc.

so i reckon does it even out at the same amount of adam either way? just that you get it more immediately if you choose to kill them.

and as for fighting styles, im going through it on easy and haven't had much of a need for anything more than my shotgun once powered up. im a big shotgun fan in shooting games but its starting to annoy me that its taking 3 shots to take down some of the later enemies [obv. im sure its more on normal/hard] and on the other hand the big daddys/elite bouncers only take 3-4 shots of either explosive or lightning shells from my shotty.

so maybe i've missed out on a lot of the needed combat thinking from playing the game on easy. ive never really had to think about combat, whatever i use i'd win :/

You get 160 Adam if you harvest them. I'll go through it again and rescue them on hard methinks although in all honesty it may have been better if I'd done it the other way around. Anyway, anyone else get a little sad at the Little Sister's reaction when you kill the Big Daddy? When they start crying and calling for Mr Bubbles it makes the Harvesting process all the more difficult, although to be honest when I do feel a prang of guilt I just remember her urging "Mr Bubbles" to kill me and then it all goes away

I've finished Fort Frolic and I have to give a nod of the hat to the level design, it's absolutely breathtaking both visually and in the way they play. I'm really enjoying every second of the game so far so it was quite grudgingly that I put it off earlier on so that I wouldn't tear through it too quickly.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 27/8/2007 2:25:03 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 138
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 27/8/2007 7:32:38 AM   
HIM

quote:

quote:

As soon as I read that I thought, 'I have to quote him on that'! Pervert.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 139
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 27/8/2007 2:53:28 PM   
Chojin

now have 45/50 // 800/1000

completed it this morning, it seems to give you a couple hundred points clunked together at the end, depending on how you played.

of the 5 i need, about 3 of them I can't get on this run through because of my unwise spending of the ADAM points :(

1. beat game on hard
2. max out all tonic/plasmid tracks (i spent on new plasmids rather than tracks)
3. invent 100 items (currently mucking about gradually getting this
4. find all diarys. im about 75/122 for this. currently going back and getting them all
5. gain all 53 tonics. for some reason there's one that i can't get hold of that i should have been rewarded for saving all the little sisters, meh. there was only 3 that i missed through the whole game, was rather chuffed :)

so i aim to have 860 by the end of the day, and hopefully make a start on my second run and making more informed decisions when it comes to spending adam.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 140
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 27/8/2007 3:48:20 PM   
borstal

Wow

The most compelling game Ive ever played and nice story too. Finding out some of thr tricks you can do was awesome, almost like you invented them without the designers putting them in there.

Some of the plot was quite interesting and I had alsorts of different endings worked out.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 141
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 27/8/2007 3:54:04 PM   
Chojin

quote:

Wow

The most compelling game Ive ever played and nice story too. Finding out some of thr tricks you can do was awesome, almost like you invented them without the designers putting them in there.

Some of the plot was quite interesting and I had alsorts of different endings worked out.

my fave was the 'would you kindly' part, very creepy/well made cut scene :) i never trusted that accent anyway :p

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 142
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 27/8/2007 5:41:50 PM   
Boring Prophet

Shit, here come the spoilers now, best stay away from here for a few days...

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 143
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 27/8/2007 7:29:08 PM   
Neo

I finished it this afternoon.

Would you kindly tell me what you thought of the game?

(in reply to Boring Prophet)
Post #: 144
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 27/8/2007 8:40:40 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

quote:

Wow

my fave was the 'would you kindly' part, very creepy/well made cut scene :) i never trusted that accent anyway :p

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!! FFS!!!!!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 145
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 27/8/2007 10:45:16 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

quote:

Wow

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!! FFS!!!!!

i thought it was vague enough for people who hadn't got far to not understand and people who'd completed it to know what i was going on about.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 146
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 27/8/2007 11:10:19 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Wow, what a game. Absolutely awesome.

Last boss was a bit easy though.

For anyone else that had the bad ending can you confirm something for me please?

Spoiler, highlight to read.

Does the ending end as soon as you see the nuclear missile on the sub? I mean does it end abruptly and skips straight to the menu at that point. Seemed a bit abrupt to me if that's the case.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 27/8/2007 11:18:52 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 147
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 27/8/2007 11:49:56 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

i thought it was vague enough for people who hadn't got far to not understand and people who'd completed it to know what i was going on about.

Well, it wasn't vague enough. Not at all hard to work out who you were on about.

Rookie error. Learn how the internerd works!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 148
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/8/2007 12:50:41 AM   
paulyboy

Started it today, reached the Workshops (just after the Heat Loss Monitoring Station) on my first sit down.

I've over-binged a wee bit, something tells me there isn't a whole lot left and I've only played it once!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 149
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/8/2007 1:07:21 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

You sound like you're further than I am, and I played it on Thursday-Sunday didn't manage to play it today. I haven't played it that much and I'm shocked at just how much some people have played it, the likes of Benyameano had almost finished their second playthrough yesterday, no offence to the guy but that is far too much time spent on a games console for one weekend, I just couldn't do it even if I did enjoy the game, I'd feel rough and in need of some fresh air and exercise 

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI