Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bioshock

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Bioshock Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 11:38:28 AM   
Kami89

Just got an email from ShopTo saying that it's been dispatched, will arrive tomorrow morning....

Cannot wait...

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 31
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 12:23:33 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Is this going to be another Halo? All these fantastic reviews have actually got me doubting if I'll love it. Very few titles that have so much prestige before release have actually turned out to reflect their scores. Final Fantasy 7, Halo and yes even Ocarina were dissapointing for me in different degrees.

The game that was recently voted Best Videogame Ever was a disappointment to you? You must have played it a long time after it was released because when it came out, there was nothing like it.

Bought it on release day and as I said was slightly dissapointed after all the hype. Ive never said it wasnt good. Easily in the top 10 games Ive ever played. Heres a revelation, just because it was voted that doesnt mean everyone thinks that.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 32
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 12:29:58 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is this going to be another Halo? All these fantastic reviews have actually got me doubting if I'll love it. Very few titles that have so much prestige before release have actually turned out to reflect their scores. Final Fantasy 7, Halo and yes even Ocarina were dissapointing for me in different degrees.

The game that was recently voted Best Videogame Ever was a disappointment to you? You must have played it a long time after it was released because when it came out, there was nothing like it.

Bought it on release day and as I said was slightly dissapointed after all the hype. Ive never said it wasnt good. Easily in the top 10 games Ive ever played. Heres a revelation, just because it was voted that doesnt mean everyone thinks that.

I know. I wasn't actually outraged by your opinion. We've all bought games that suffered by overhype. I got Halo 2 and once I switched from playing as Master Chief, this horrible sinking feeling set in. This wasn't going to be the game they promised.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 33
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 2:16:28 PM   
krudler

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I know. I wasn't actually outraged by your opinion. We've all bought games that suffered by overhype. I got Halo 2 and once I switched from playing as Master Chief, this horrible sinking feeling set in. This wasn't going to be the game they promised.

halo 2 was horrible overhyped, the single player mode was terrible i lost interest in it halfway through and just finished it for the sake of it,returned it 2 days after i bought it, whereas ocarina of time is still one of the greatest games ever made and could happily pick it up and play it now (if bioshock wasnt out friday that is)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 34
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 2:23:19 PM   
Boring Prophet

Loads of places have already started shiiping BioShock from yesterday and some people have been getting it since this morning. I'm gonna head over to Blanch shopping centre in about half an hour, hopefully somebody's broken the street date.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 35
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 2:26:38 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I'm annoyed, Shopto said that they wouldn't be getting it until tomorrow so it wouldn't be with anyone until Friday, what they failed to specify was this was the tin edition, and they already had the regular edition. And I had only just cancelled my regular edition and pre-ordered the tin, and they're no longer taking pre-orders for the regular, so instead of getting it tomorrow I will be getting it on Friday. So I think I'll cancel, I know I can definitely get it tomorrow from one of the local games shops.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Boring Prophet)
Post #: 36
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 2:41:44 PM   
DJ Satan

Dammit. I have the tin box on order.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 37
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 3:41:50 PM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

Loads of places have already started shiiping BioShock from yesterday and some people have been getting it since this morning. I'm gonna head over to Blanch shopping centre in about half an hour, hopefully somebody's broken the street date.

Will you let me know if it's up in Blanch, I'll get the missus to collect it later.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

Post #: 38
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 3:48:26 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

I'm heading to Blanch later. It's weird to think we could both be standing in the same queue. I'll be the one staring off into the distance with a thin line of drool hanging out of my mouth.

Post #: 39
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 4:09:28 PM   
Boring Prophet

Fuck. Didn't see it in Game, Virgin, HMV, Xtra Vision or Smyths. Virgin, HMV, and Xtra Vision didn't even have any fucking display boxes to promote it.

If one of you are up there later, let me know if anywhere's started selling. Every shop there sold PES 6 two days early last year, but didn't put them out until the evening I think.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 40
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 5:48:21 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Im still undecided about whether or not to get this game on the PC or 360, hence why I haven't ordered it yet. I'll make a snap decision on Saturday methinks because there's nothing to choose between them once I've weighed up the pros and cons.

Pro's for PC - Keyboard and Mouse, will look unbelievable on my new setup.

Pro's for 360 - Prefer playing in front of a TV than a monitor, looks unbelievably lush.

Those are the main ones going through my mind at the mo (plus of course there's achievements to be had on t'360 ).

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 41
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 7:56:17 PM   
Yeti

I'm not getting it. Ayn Rand sucks. Don't make me bring up the Demons my philosophy course gave me. Atlas Shrugged my balls more like. Boooooo.

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 42
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 8:54:00 PM   
HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

got it in exchange of nfs most wanted and fear. not a bad trade, i thought

recently viewed
georgia rule 3/5
reign over me 5/5
the lookout 2/5
bourne ultimatum 4/5

(in reply to Yeti)
Post #: 43
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 9:17:08 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

got it in exchange of nfs most wanted and fear. not a bad trade, i thought

Where from?

(in reply to HeWhoMustNotBeNamed)
Post #: 44
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 9:23:55 PM   
HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

my work (i won't name it as i got it early and don't want to cause any potential ruptions)

edit - i will be getting blue dragon in exchange for crackdown and fifa 07 too

< Message edited by HeWhoMustNotBeNamed -- 22/8/2007 9:27:13 PM >

recently viewed
georgia rule 3/5
reign over me 5/5
the lookout 2/5
bourne ultimatum 4/5

Post #: 45
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 9:26:46 PM   
Boring Prophet

PM?

Post #: 46
RE: Bioshock - 22/8/2007 9:30:59 PM   
HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

pm sent

recently viewed
georgia rule 3/5
reign over me 5/5
the lookout 2/5
bourne ultimatum 4/5

Post #: 47
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 12:16:39 AM   
krudler

played it for about an hour,fucking stunning am loving it, the opening scene sets the mood perfectly and the atmosphere is incredible, the big daddys WILL make you shit yourself when you meet the first one

quote:

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

Post #: 48
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 12:52:06 AM   
Yeti

I'll be carefully watching you all play it... If it's THAT good. (Well, actually, I won't, but I hopefully won't be here for the second coming either. I'll be on a beach in Great Yarmouth being Heretical and shit). 

We sit over our keyboards shoveling Pot Noodles down our mouths. Not because we're hungry. Not because we like them. Just to stifle the sobs for another minute or two.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 49
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 2:12:51 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

played it for about an hour,fucking stunning am loving it, the opening scene sets the mood perfectly and the atmosphere is incredible, the big daddys WILL make you shit yourself when you meet the first one

Who broke the street date, Krudler or do you work for a games shop?

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 50
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 12:20:52 PM   
krudler

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

Who broke the street date, Krudler or do you work for a games shop?

used to work for hmv,called in a favour, they got it delivered yesterday so just let me take one home and will ring it up on friday so techinically they didnt break the date,used to do it all the time when i worked there,got dvds 5 days before they hit the shelves,games usually dont get delivered until thur or fri morning though, i used to be in charge of the games section and was a pain in the arse when stuff arrived fri morning as there was a big rush to get them on the shelves, i remember the day san andreas came out and we didnt get our stock until 10am, people had been queuing outside since 7 and were well pissed off

quote:

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 51
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 1:19:31 PM   
Boring Prophet

Fuck, just rang GAME to check if they had it, but they told me: "It's not out 'til tomorrow." And I can't be arsed walking back up there to check the other shops.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 52
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 1:41:37 PM   
DJ Satan

Mine's just been shipped.

Tomorrow I now have to go into town, pick up an Elite, get home, sign for Bioshock, and then head to the Reading festival. I hope the timing works out.

Post #: 53
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 1:54:52 PM   
Boring Prophet

Just rang Xtra-Vision, Virgin and Smyths: "It'll be released on Friday."

Fuck sake. I want it now!!!

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 54
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 3:21:35 PM   
Kami89

Mine arrived this morning, the Tin version as well despite the fact that I only ordered the regular version, but hey can't complain.

So far this game is awesome, and the first fight with Big Daddy....wow talk about tense.

Post #: 55
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 3:32:01 PM   
DJ Satan

Where did you order yours from? I heard someone else ordered the original version and got a tin version. I'll be a bit miffed if I payed 5 more than other people for the same one.

(in reply to Kami89)
Post #: 56
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 3:39:26 PM   
Kami89

ShopTo.net

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 57
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 3:43:33 PM   
DJ Satan

I'm not happy. Especially when you can pick it up at Blockbusters tomorrow with a free faceplate for 34.99.

Really not happy. Just found out they sent it to my billing address and not my delivery address. So I won't be able to pick it up for over a week. I'm going to send it back. I would not recommend using shopto in future.

< Message edited by DJ Satan -- 23/8/2007 3:53:14 PM >

(in reply to Kami89)
Post #: 58
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 6:32:19 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

The reason no-one was able to get it from a big store today despite the street date being broken in numerous places including where I got mine from is because of Microsoft, we phoned up Street Breaker or whatever they're called at work and they said they know about the selling of the game early in multiple places but Microsoft are cracking down hard and refuse to let anywhere officially break the street date because they want it to coincide with the Elite launch to help boost sales.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 59
RE: Bioshock - 23/8/2007 7:13:31 PM   
Mycroft

Has anyone ever read anything about bypassing Steam's country detection? I tried routing all my traffic through an American IP, to no avail. Can't be the billing address because I opened a new account. Hmmm

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Bioshock Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI