Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 2/11/2007 7:55:47 AM   
Jules

I found this game to be a huge let down. Finished it on normal and then traded it in as there was no way I was going to ever play through it again.

Loved it at first. The atmosphere was excellent and I loved the enemies and some of the set pieces. The weapons felt great and the plasmids were really cool. It had so much going for it. After a while the hacking got pretty tedious though - as did the need to seach everywhere for items. By the time I was two thirds of the way through I was getting bored. Then there was THAT ending which was terrible - a cheesy boss battle that felt totally out of character with the rest of the game. Very disappointing.

Never underestimate the power of denial

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 301
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 8/11/2007 1:39:36 PM   
dougtherugg

I think it has amazing graphics and even on a second playthrough I am finding plasmids I didnt have before.  The one which makes the big daddies think you are a little sister and baby sit you is particularly good!!!

I am trying to get all the achievements.  might have to go back to save a few little sisters though.

Respect the cock and tame the cunt!!

Workshed!!!

Spartans! Enjoy your breakfast, for tonight we dine in Hell!

Tina, you fat lard, come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD!

now thats a woman, thats a house, thats a fish , THATS A BEE

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 302
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 8/11/2007 5:47:14 PM   
BigKovacs

In hindsight you could finish the thing with one tarted up weapon and one tarted up plasmid, there was really no need for so many plasmids that essentially did the same thing. I'm still a huge fan although it doesnt deserve the legendary status it gets.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to dougtherugg)
Post #: 303
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 11/11/2007 7:24:19 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Well for those complaining that the Vita Chambers ruined the experience by taking away any difficulty in the game, they've now added a new 100 Gamerpoint achievement to the game.

Bullet Proof - Play through the entire game on hard without using a Vita-Chamber.

That's a tough achievement to get and I'll give it a go at some point down the line.

No more 100% completion for everyone who traded it in after getting 100% of the gamerpoints though

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 304
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 11/11/2007 7:37:32 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Bullet Proof - Play through the entire game on hard without using a Vita-Chamber.

That's a tough achievement to get

I'll say but i reckon it's do-able, i'll have to lend it off my bro though as i've traded it in

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 305
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 14/11/2007 2:45:13 PM   
dougtherugg

what are the 2 secret achievements??

Respect the cock and tame the cunt!!

Workshed!!!

Spartans! Enjoy your breakfast, for tonight we dine in Hell!

Tina, you fat lard, come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD!

now thats a woman, thats a house, thats a fish , THATS A BEE

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 306
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 14/11/2007 2:48:31 PM   
DJ Satan

Photograph Xander Cohens corpse and find his secret hideout.

Do not kill Xander the first time you meet him to get the second one.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to dougtherugg)
Post #: 307
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 9/1/2008 1:14:54 AM   
the anomaly

Just got this today. Enjoyed it so far although I have not done that much. Just killed my first Big Daddy.
I love the style and atmosphere of the game but I can see where things could get a bit tedious. Searching for items everywhere & hacking I can imagine getting annoying.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 308
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 13/1/2008 1:14:39 PM   
iamthedave

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

That's a tough achievement to get

I'll say but i reckon it's do-able, i'll have to lend it off my bro though as i've traded it in

once you get the bolt gun it's easy to do, up until that point the Big Daddies could seriously put a blip on that. Must rent that out and try again.

"Writing is the only profession where no one considers you ridiculous if you earn no money."

Post #: 309
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 9/3/2008 8:02:34 PM   
the anomaly

Completed this today. All in all I enjoyed it. I thought it was a brilliant game. The only negatives I can think of were the hacking and picking up loads of items everywhere got a bit tedious. I think it's best not to rush through as about half way through I tried to and enjoyed it a lot less.
True you could probaly go through the game using only a few wepons and plasmids but the variety is fun. Also it could be quite annoying to scroll through all your wepons, then find the right one, then switch to the right ammo.
I did not mind the final boss fight. But the ending was too short (the bad one). Loved the style and the story was good. The surroundings were so interesting there were a lot of times I would just like to look around, read everything and take it all in. They put a lot of love into the game.
Not sure how I would feel about a sequel. Not sure how it would make sense. A prequel would be interesting. To see how everything went to hell.

(in reply to iamthedave)
Post #: 310
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/3/2008 4:21:22 PM   
...marcus...

£17.99 at Play.com. I had to order it at that price, although I'm not usually a fan of shooters.

Like my loafers?
Former gophers.
It was that or skin my chauffeurs.

Won't someone please
remove these
cutleries
from ma knees

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 311
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 6/1/2009 10:48:22 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Am currently relishing this, though i am still very near the beginning. Can anyone advise me where to find the Chomper dental key in the medical pavillion level? I keep going round in circles searching everywhere but cannot find it. Additionally, how do i clear the rubble blocking my way in the same level? The bit where the doc ran off, blocking the doorway.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 312
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 6/1/2009 11:36:49 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Additionally, how do i clear the rubble blocking my way in the same level? The bit where the doc ran off, blocking the doorway.

I think you need telekenekis to grab one of his granades/dynamite then throw it at the door or him.
One of those should work mate.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 313
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 6/1/2009 12:00:04 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

hmmm well i havent got that yet. Are you sure thats the right bit? The guy has scarpered, can't find him and the only other door im yet to pass is one that requires 'chompers dental office' key or something like that. Its all in the dental bit.

Post #: 314
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 6/1/2009 5:02:05 PM   
rich

Explore the rooms outside the surgery, telekinesis is near a tennis ball machine that you can test it with. You need it to get that key as well which is through the window near the locked door I think.

Meanwhile...

Post #: 315
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 6/1/2009 5:05:57 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Oh man i know where the tennis ball machine is. Didnt find telekenises though, will have another look. Ah that would make sense re: the key. Cheers to both of ya!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 316
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/1/2009 10:52:58 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Ok so i'm still plugging away after a GTA IV shaped departure. I';m really enjoying it again. One thing i find ever so slightly fristrating is that in order to slow my progress i keep having to find several of the same item to get something going/ working/ open. I'm currently at the part with the Hephaestus Core, getting a bunch of bits and pieces there. I need to get some kind of bomb working, but have to pick up a number of bits. Does anyone know roughly how far through the game this is?

Post #: 317
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/1/2009 11:55:53 AM   
Jules

I think that is about two thirds of the way through.

Never underestimate the power of denial

Post #: 318
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/1/2009 12:03:55 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Oh good, i should keep plugging away then. The end is almost in sight!

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 319
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/1/2009 3:12:01 PM   
dr. salvador

i love this game although i think the amount of plasmids that there are in the game is not needed

i wonder if Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams will be any better?

"Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We came to this country, you made it our home."

Post #: 320
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/1/2009 3:32:37 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

see i've not finished the game but i heard that it doesn't really leave it open for a sequel. I'm really intrigued now, as a sequel would be amazing, although i feel that rapture has kinda been done, so i'm wondering what kind of setting we'd have for the sequel.

(in reply to dr. salvador)
Post #: 321
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/1/2009 4:48:30 PM   
target

I dont see how a new setting would work really, the whole reason i liked the game so much was the under water city world. And it must be a lot bigger than what we saw. i hope they just stick to what they had in the first game and just make it bigger and better.
Or do a prequel so we see how it all went to shit.

But if they set it on an island or something then i probally won't buy it.

< Message edited by target -- 28/1/2009 4:49:25 PM >

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

Post #: 322
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/1/2009 4:56:56 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

see i'd love it to have some external scenes. Don't get me wrong, the level design is beyond gorgeous, but it does make me crave some nice open terrain. Maybe having some kind of scuba suit allowing you to explore the sea bed. There could be loads of 'broken off' bits of the city out there, that would be cool no?

(in reply to target)
Post #: 323
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/1/2009 4:57:34 PM   
Stewie_Griffin

But if the sequel was set in Rapture again it would essentially be a lazy rehash.

Welcome to Sesame Street, kids. Today's word is "Expiation"

(in reply to target)
Post #: 324
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/1/2009 5:02:41 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

yeah exactly, it needs a little more variety for a sequel.

(in reply to Stewie_Griffin)
Post #: 325
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/1/2009 5:07:29 PM   
target

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stewie_Griffin

But if the sequel was set in Rapture again it would essentially be a lazy rehash.

Yeah true, but if they change the setting completely they may aswel just call it something else just like they did with system shock. im not to sure about a sequel now that i think about it.

< Message edited by target -- 28/1/2009 5:09:05 PM >

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Stewie_Griffin)
Post #: 326
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 28/1/2009 6:21:28 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

quote:

Yeah true, but if they change the setting completely they may aswel just call it something else just like they did with system shock. im not to sure about a sequel now that i think about it.

If they take anything from system shock is should be the lack of ammo.  That was the best bit, hiding from enemies because you didn't have the ammo to take them on, or fighting on the two player to get a single clip.  It should have a similar system to Left 4 Dead (PC Version) where is checks how much ammo you have and sends the required amount of bots to fuck you up.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to target)
Post #: 327
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 29/1/2009 1:05:22 AM   
jinks

See, i wouldnt mind it set back in Rapture really, There were MANY areas that were inaccessable in the game, so there's plenty of scope to go with that. The original Bioshock was nothing short of awesomeness, so the sequel regardless of where its set is VERY high on my list of must-haves.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 328
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 16/3/2009 10:08:35 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

is anyone able to kindly tell me how the difficulty setting alters achievements in this game please? i can only see an achievement for completing the game on the hardest difficulty. Does it make any difference achievement wise between easy and medium?

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 329
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 17/3/2009 10:20:20 AM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

quote:

If they take anything from system shock is should be the lack of ammo.  That was the best bit, hiding from enemies because you didn't have the ammo to take them on, or fighting on the two player to get a single clip.  It should have a similar system to Left 4 Dead (PC Version) where is checks how much ammo you have and sends the required amount of bots to fuck you up.

Careful distribution of ammo can really enhance games like this. If there's one thing from System Shock they need to drop for Bioshock 2l would be the fucking plot line, they kept it for Bioshock and telegraphed the twist and ending almost from the off.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI