Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 12/9/2007 1:05:43 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: belluccisbra

Like I said it was fine for me, there's an option in game settings to uncap the framerate, you could try that? It's prone to lots of the screen tearing v-sync issues but the framerate goes through the roof.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to belluccisbra)
Post #: 271
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 12/9/2007 1:12:26 PM   
target

Mine got a bit jittery after i downloaded the update, it was running fine before.
I hear clearing the cache works by hollding LB and RB when the game is loading up.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 272
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 12/9/2007 3:33:24 PM   
iamthedave

I found mine was jittery during Fontaine fisheries and nowhere else. It didn't stop me loving this game though, by far my game of the year so far.

"Writing is the only profession where no one considers you ridiculous if you earn no money."

(in reply to target)
Post #: 273
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 13/9/2007 9:17:55 AM   
belluccisbra

so then fontaine how'd you finish him off then?

Exterminate all rational thought

(in reply to iamthedave)
Post #: 274
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 13/9/2007 9:46:38 AM   
HIM

Lots of electric gel from the Super Soaker. When that runs out switch to electric buck shots. Your grenade launcher works well as well, particularly if you upgraded it so that it doesn't damage you.

Finished it on Hard yesterday. Got every achievement apart from the the 53 tonics one, but I'm fucked if I can be bothered to go through it again. It got really tedious the second time through. So it's getting traded in today.

Post #: 275
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 13/9/2007 9:48:41 AM   
belluccisbra

cheers I'll give it a blast tonight, after that its getting traded

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 276
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 14/9/2007 1:04:12 PM   
belluccisbra

Completed it last night- an underwhelming experience thats for sure

Post #: 277
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 17/9/2007 8:29:29 PM   
Dark Knight

After taking my time, I finished it this afternoon - loved it, although like most people, I need to go through it again to see if I can get all the messages and the weapon upgrade points.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

Post #: 278
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/9/2007 11:30:24 AM   
BigKovacs

Im about to nail it first time round being evil. Is it worth me going through it again being a nice guy for a) a different ending and b) and new acheivements??

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 279
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/9/2007 11:40:30 AM   
DJ Satan

Well there is an achievement for completing on Hard and for saving every sister.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 280
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 26/9/2007 12:07:50 PM   
BigKovacs

Cheers Satan, thats alot of leg work for one acheivement and with Halo coming out I may put that on the back boiler for now. I'm also trying to make Elite in R6:Vegas and thats only going to take until 2012 to reach!!!

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 281
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/10/2007 10:49:15 AM   
BigKovacs

Finally finished this on Saturday, the evil way. *****SPOILERS ALERT*******

All in all I loved it, great sound, graphics, music and combat. The game was a tad easy and the main twist as Atlas being Fontaine was painfully obvious, purely becouse the same twist ahd been there in the last 2 System Shock games (Jesus 2K, think up some more original twists please!). however the other twists were nice and generally it was an enjoybaly peverse story. The evil ending was fairly satisfying but far, far too short. I saw the good ending on my faltmates machine and it was lovely, very touching but again fat too short. After putting so much time into a game I was to be rewarded at the end of it.

I do need something cleared up though, was your character Ryans son kidnapped at an early age and treated by Suchong or was he built in a test tube from Ryans DNA?

Also what happenes to Tenenbaum?

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 282
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/10/2007 12:30:26 PM   
AndyR

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

All in all I loved it, great sound, graphics, music and combat. The game was a tad easy and the main twist as Atlas being Fontaine was painfully obvious, purely becouse the same twist ahd been there in the last 2 System Shock games (Jesus 2K, think up some more original twists please!). however the other twists were nice and generally it was an enjoybaly peverse story. The evil ending was fairly satisfying but far, far too short. I saw the good ending on my faltmates machine and it was lovely, very touching but again fat too short. After putting so much time into a game I was to be rewarded at the end of it.

I do need something cleared up though, was your character Ryans son kidnapped at an early age and treated by Suchong or was he built in a test tube from Ryans DNA?

<<<SPOILERS>>>

If you go to the strip club in Fort Frolic, there's a ghost-flashback and an audio-log from one of the dancers, explaining how Ryan got her pregnant, then Fontaine found out and offered to buy the unborn baby from her. Ryan finds outand kills the girl, Fontaine gives the unborn child to Suchong who finishes 'growing' you in his labs.

Tenenbaum is still alive at the end of the game, as far as I can tell.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 283
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/10/2007 1:38:37 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndyR

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

<<<SPOILERS>>>

If you go to the strip club in Fort Frolic, there's a ghost-flashback and an audio-log from one of the dancers, explaining how Ryan got her pregnant, then Fontaine found out and offered to buy the unborn baby from her. Ryan finds outand kills the girl, Fontaine gives the unborn child to Suchong who finishes 'growing' you in his labs.

Tenenbaum is still alive at the end of the game, as far as I can tell.

Thanks mate, I must have been playing that section of the game drunk and couldnt add 2 and 2 together! It's a shame they didnt round off Tenebaum, she had a pretty big part in the whole gig.

It was nice to see how the Big Daddys were made but I also would have liked to know who they were and if they were originally created as bodyguards or for maintenance or something.

Also what was the crack with the Sea-slugs, were they man made or were they just found on the ocean floor? Did they produce ADAM or just make thier host invulnerable?

Sorry about the questions but there were quite a few loose ends or plot tapes that I missed.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 284
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/10/2007 2:27:11 PM   
AndyR

No worries, It's very easy to miss a few of the audio-diaries and not pick up  some of the story- I found a a fair few on my second playthrough which explained a lot.

The Big Daddys were just men recruited by Suchong and then altered genetically, as well as having the suits grafted onto them. They were always intended to be guards for the little sisters, as the Adam the sisters carried was so valuable.

There's a diary by Tenenbaum that explains how she met a dock worker who had found the first slug and how it had grown back the arm he'd lost in the war. Tenenbaum extracted the Adam from the slugs and found it could be used as a sort of stem-cell type thing (bit fuzzy on that bit) to alter a person's DNA in various ways.

The Little Sisters were basically hosts to the slugs, as they produced a lot more Adam when implanted in a human host.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 285
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/10/2007 2:39:42 PM   
BigKovacs

See I was confused as to whether Ryan had created Adam and founded Rapture on it or whether they had stumbled on it by finding the slugs. Still a great story with 2 great (if annouingly short) endings. I hope theres a sequal.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 286
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/10/2007 2:47:39 PM   
AndyR

Yeah, Ryan had nothing to do with Adam directly, though one of his intention for Rapture was to allow scientific breakthroughs like that to florish without silly things like morals and ethics getting in the way.

I loved the story too, though I definitely found the good ending a lot more satisfying, and they've already pretty much confirmed there'll be at least one sequel after this one was so successful. Woohoo!

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 287
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/10/2007 3:59:00 PM   
BigKovacs

I found the good ending pretty touching, all of that hand touching through the ages worked well, especially the final one and the mention of a family. The holding hand shot features in the Big Daddy serving the 'hero' FMV.

The bad ending was cool but I couldnt see the need for the nukes.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 288
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 2/10/2007 8:14:38 PM   
Neth

I can't help but feel a tad disappointed with the game. Don't get me wrong - it's got some awesome touches and the plasmids are a neat trick. Yet I've played it through twice now (to get both endings) and I've felt strangely unfulfilled by it. I'm 960 for 1000 on achievements, but I'll be fucked if I'm going to go through it for a third time on Hard any time soon. Plus, I'm a pussy and will get my ass royally handed to me, no doubt.

"You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore."

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 289
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 2/10/2007 9:59:14 PM   
chilipenguin

Just picked up the game today (a little late I reckon).

Anyway, went online to check what CEX would give me for trade-ins. I made a list and then headed down to gamestation to take advantage of their pricematch plus a quid deal. All was going well till they told me they couldn't phone CEX to confirm the prices because they have an 0800 number!!! WTF????

Anyway, feck em cos I went down to CEX instead and picked up Bioshock, R6Vegas and the Alien Quadrilogy boxset for nine of shiny pounds!!!!

Finding the game really,really fantastic. The visuals are amazing, the sound is top notch and the plasmids look like they are gonna be fun. And seeing the Big Daddy's temper tantrum.....

Got kicked off forthe night though.The missus wants to watch Buffy instead

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

New short story/portfolio blog online HERE

(in reply to Neth)
Post #: 290
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 3/10/2007 9:21:07 AM   
BigKovacs

Sweet move on getting Vegas too Penguin. The only 2 things that really let me down about it Neth was the main twist and that the endings are way too short, criminally so.

(in reply to chilipenguin)
Post #: 291
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 4/10/2007 8:44:42 PM   
James2183

Finally finished the game and felt it was very dissapointing. Apart from the endings been far, far too short for the amount of time you have put into the game it just didn't feel special and grip me as it seems to have other players. For the most part, some of the weapons became pretty redundant towards the end due to their lack of power and Fontaine was far too easy to kill in the end. I actually had more trouble with the splicers than the actual boss.

Nowhere near as good as Half Life 2.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 292
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 4/10/2007 9:03:06 PM   
AndyR

I'd agree with you about the final boss being a damp squib, but I thought that the rest of the game was excellent, and the only thing that was weird about the ending was that there were no credits, which made it all very abrupt as you were dumped back into the main menu almost immediately.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 293
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 4/10/2007 9:21:30 PM   
James2183

Like I say it just didn't grab me. It certainly wasn't an awful game, but it was nowhere near as good as I was hoping. It didn't have me wanting to play it all the time. I only really played the last half of the game just to get through it and see how it ended and say that I have completed it. I know I keep using Half Life 2 as an example, but that game had me wanting to play it more and more and I was really sad when I completed it as I had so much fun playing it. 

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 294
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 4/10/2007 9:28:06 PM   
AndyR

Fair enough, it's certainly not a perfect game and not everyone's going to like it. The Half-Life 2 comparison's interesting, as I thought that was also a great game let down by the final levels and "boss". Come to think of it, I can't really remember any FPS with a great end boss battle.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 295
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 5/10/2007 8:19:11 AM   
DJ Satan

Finished it for the second time last night. Very disappointed by the evil ending. The good ending was so much better.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 296
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 5/10/2007 3:46:21 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

Finished it for the second time last night. Very disappointed by the evil ending. The good ending was so much better.

I'd second that. Im surrised they didnt put more effort into the evil ending (and make it longer). For me Bioshock was an excellent game but not ground breaking and I think the comparison to Half Life 2 is very fair becouse the press has given both games fairly similar praise. The thing with Bioshock is it takes good elements from other games, makes them better and wraps them up in an original story and lovely graphics package and its a good way to make games. But Half Life 2 was a genuinely new game in a highly competetve market and still shines compared to todays games.

As I've said before, Bioshock is excellent...but it's no HL2.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 297
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 6/10/2007 5:42:51 PM   
chilipenguin

Man I love this game. Just managed to get three Big Daddy's to beat the living shit out of each other using the enrage plasmid.!!!! Nice

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

New short story/portfolio blog online HERE

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 298
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 31/10/2007 1:57:02 PM   
dougtherugg

I have played this game through on normal level and finished it last night.  is it worth playing through on Hard level.  I harvested all the little sisters without feeling a drop of remorse after the decision to take the first one.  I am interested to know if it makes any difference later if you decide not to harvest them.
great game though.

Respect the cock and tame the cunt!!

Workshed!!!

Spartans! Enjoy your breakfast, for tonight we dine in Hell!

Tina, you fat lard, come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD!

now thats a woman, thats a house, thats a fish , THATS A BEE

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 299
RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture - 1/11/2007 4:32:22 PM   
BigKovacs

You get a different FMV ending. As much as I loved the game I couldnt face going through it all again although the good ending is much for satisying that the evil one.

(in reply to dougtherugg)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Bioshock- Welcome To Rapture Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI