Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dark Knight To Shoot 4 Scenes in Imax

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dark Knight To Shoot 4 Scenes in Imax Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dark Knight To Shoot 4 Scenes in Imax - 29/5/2007 9:19:12 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
I'm not sure... - 29/5/2007 9:19:12 AM   
Mr Wayne

I'm not sure about this.. I mean it's great that some sequences are going to be in really good quality, but on the other hand.. I think it might be very annoying to see a movie that's just constantly changing from normal to very good screen quality. It just makes the scenes that don't have the hi-fi less interesting. I mean seeing the movie in great sharpness and then in normal sharpness would be a downhill-experience I suppose. I just don't know.
Pics are exciting though!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
I love it! Great! Brilliant! Fantastico! - 29/5/2007 9:37:58 AM   
keyzersaulsie

Then again. I hate it! Boo! Rubbish! Down with this sort of thing!

Post #: 3
Ummm.....?!? - 29/5/2007 9:47:53 AM   
drawmyfoot

Ou est le pics??? I can't find a link for the clickin'....!

Post #: 4
shooting - 29/5/2007 10:01:06 AM   
gusbuster

If anyone wants to try to get a sneaky peak of the Dark Knight being filmed, then they appear to be shooting scenes in Farringdon. At least the bottom of St John Street has been closed of for 2 weeks with film trucks, and there's a SWAT style van parked up with Gotham City Police written all over it, so I guess that's what they're doing. Might be 2nd unit stuff though..

Post #: 5
RE: shooting - 29/5/2007 10:04:33 AM   
Dave B

Where's the first picture of the blurred Joker?

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to gusbuster)
Post #: 6
TV show - 29/5/2007 10:56:52 AM   
zappalm

they were shooting a tv show scene for black knight at my university a couple of weeks ago, which was pretty ocol. Nolan was around too.

Post #: 7
- 29/5/2007 11:06:31 AM   
cluesy

From the two pics it looks a bit like the second one is the Joker with the mask on and then he takes it off later to unveil his messed up face. I only say this cos the suits look similar tho, lol. Great the film has Imax scenes as well.

Post #: 8
hmmm sexy - 29/5/2007 11:25:06 AM   
danbo1138

the jokers hair reminds me of ceaser romaros take on the clown prince?

Post #: 9
Sweet - 29/5/2007 1:15:33 PM   
Jack'sSmirkinRevenge

Really starting to look forward to this. Definitely going to be heading over to Bradders for the IMAX.

Post #: 10
RE: Sweet - 29/5/2007 1:34:45 PM   
pettsy

I've been looking for a decent film to break my IMAX duck, and seeing as Spidey 3 wasn't shown in this country  this may well be the one I make the trip for.

(in reply to Jack'sSmirkinRevenge)
Post #: 11
- 29/5/2007 4:36:09 PM   
clarkkent

im just amazed that the article doesnt make a big deal out of our first proper look at the joker! How cool is that!

Post #: 12
RE: - 29/5/2007 4:40:52 PM   
Le Tenia

All i can say is - TRUST NOLAN....he hasn't let us down before!!

" It's the age-old irony of the liberal left, they practice oppression and call it equality. "

(in reply to clarkkent)
Post #: 13
ah! cant wait! - 29/5/2007 5:31:10 PM   
nmaudlin1

i luv batman begins n i cannot wait 4 the dark knight! i luv comic book movies lik spiderman but so disappointed wiv the recent 1! hopefully Nolan dont go down dat way, hope he maks a rele gd film! bring on 2008!

Post #: 14
IMAX - 29/5/2007 5:50:10 PM   
mattchoman

I'll definitely catch this at the IMAX so I can see it how it is intended to be seen.

I don't think we can consider this our first proper look at the Joker because,

1) we already had that last week

and 2) You can't see anything from that picture other than the fact he'll have a big red mouth and green hair.

I can appreciate Mr Wayne's concerns about the IMAX experierience, but I take comfort in the fact that Nolan never seems to do anything for a quick buck, and this appears to be an enterprise to improve the viewing experience rather than add to the BO takings.

"I have no strong feelings one way or the other."

(in reply to nmaudlin1)
Post #: 15
RE: IMAX - 29/5/2007 8:39:27 PM   
pablohoolio

Ok, so look at the two pics on this page -

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=20747

The Joker in the first pic, in the mask doing the bank job, clearly doesn't have white face / black eyes and green hair. The Joker in the second pic (which has been blurred) is wearing the same clothes but DOES have the traditional green hair and red lips like in the teaser pic.

So what happens? Does this show that he DOESN'T star the film as the Joker, but DOES leave cards around as his robbery get-up is a clown? And then he gets double crossed, gets scarred and starts wearing the make-up and red-lips?

To me, this looks like he doesn't start the film as the Joker full on, but DOES go by the name of the Joker (his disguises are clown masks after all). Then he gets double crossed / betrayed, gets his face mangled / scarred, and starts wearing the make-up because of the scars and goes a bit mental?

"It's all.... part of the plan...."

(in reply to mattchoman)
Post #: 16
- 29/5/2007 11:11:09 PM   
alimac

i think dark night will be good it's the third one u should worry about xmen 3 dissapointing spidey 3 i thought was ok but not everyone else did superman 3 don't go there batman forever was ok part from jim carrey so fingers crossed that nolans third will be good there will be one trust me

Post #: 17
- 30/5/2007 5:16:35 AM   
FragileEvenstar

Hang on, so the screen will suddenly enlarge then go back to normal size after these 4 scenes? That'll be a bit odd, especially for people watching this and haven't a clue that it was deliberate. meh.

Post #: 18
- 30/5/2007 9:12:45 AM   
Biggus

I know the picture is blurry but the Joker's hair does look a little bouffant. Needs to go for the greasy slicked-back look.

Post #: 19
- 30/5/2007 3:19:10 PM   
darkverge

Joker has to fall into the chemicals because of Batman, otherwise it won't be right. I don't care who he was before, but he's gotta have an "acid bath". But I'm really digging the new creepy look however.

Post #: 20
hell yeah!!! - 30/5/2007 9:25:39 PM   
liamers77

i was dubious about heath ledger as joker. great actor yes, but joker? but the pics i have seen have just blown me away. i am excited in ways usually only monica bellucci can conjure. as for the acid bath...as any reader of the dark knight knows, the joker has no idea who he was or how he came to be how he is. he has many pasts, of which the acid bath is only one (killing joke). but i am getting all geek here. nolan is the man. and anyone that says bale isn't the best bat ever obviously yearns for bat nipples and well, draw your own conclusions. roll on 2008!!!

Post #: 21
Filmfan 2 - 31/5/2007 12:02:45 PM   
Filmfan 2

I have complete confidence in Nolan and everyone involved, that this will be another excellent addition to the Batman universe.

As far as I'm concerned, Batman Begins is the best of the series, bar none, and most definitely the best of the superhero genre. I think it would take a might cock-up in judgement for Nolan to go wrong with this, as he's shown with every film that he's made that he is capable of making material that treats the audience with intelligence, as well as entertaining them.

Very much looking forward to this.

Post #: 22
RE: - 31/5/2007 5:41:57 PM   
jimbo909

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

I know the picture is blurry but the Joker's hair does look a little bouffant. Needs to go for the greasy slicked-back look.

Negative on that one. This little blurry production pic I've seen looks very encouraging. The first time I watched Tim Burton's Batman post Begins it just didn't seem as good anymore. I still love Jack's version and that great dialogue ("If anyone else calls you beast, I'll rip their lungs out") but I'm ready for a completely different take on The Joker.

Nolan won't let us down.

Hopefully we'll get a blend of Ceasar Romero's version and Alan Moore's The Killing Joke.

< Message edited by jimbo909 -- 31/5/2007 5:48:27 PM >

"This is an oldie. Well, it's an oldie where I come from."

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 23
WOOOO!!! - 31/5/2007 6:56:18 PM   
dizi90lizi

I loveBATMAN!! and JOKER is THE BEST baddy!!! I cant WAIT!! XXX

Post #: 24
Darkverge - 31/5/2007 9:54:05 PM   
direcrow

Darkverge. You stated that the Joker has to fall into the vat because of Batman. This is true along the lines of the first Batman movie as well as the graphic novel The Killing Joke. However, the first story of Joker falling into the vat of chemicals where he was the criminal known as the Red Hood goes way back, and Batman was not involved. Just FYI. :D I've got the comic somewhere stored.

Post #: 25
RE: RE: - 1/6/2007 12:46:45 AM   
IAmMadeOfPoison

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimbo909

Negative on that one. This little blurry production pic I've seen looks very encouraging. The first time I watched Tim Burton's Batman post Begins it just didn't seem as good anymore. I still love Jack's version and that great dialogue ("If anyone else calls you beast, I'll rip their lungs out") but I'm ready for a completely different take on The Joker.

Nolan won't let us down.

Hopefully we'll get a blend of Ceasar Romero's version and Alan Moore's The Killing Joke.

I did the very same and found Burton's Batman a little underwhelming after Nolan's interp.  after initial fears about the casting I'm now thinking it could be a master stroke. 

Wiki says Portia de Rossi was in consideration for Catwoman in this film.  Any idea who got the part or is still being considered?

(in reply to jimbo909)
Post #: 26
- 7/6/2007 10:48:39 AM   
phunkyfish

IMAX? I think i may have just come in my pants... oh, no i've just weed myself. again. anyone know a good brand of incontinence pants?

Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dark Knight To Shoot 4 Scenes in Imax Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI