Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: A Song of Ice and Fire

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> RE: A Song of Ice and Fire Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 9/5/2012 10:58:50 AM   
Timon

I'm wondering how they'll end this season cliffhanger-wise. I've lost track of what happens where in the books now.

I know most of the budget this season is for the Battle of Blackwater, so next season I hope they do the same for the Battle at The Wall...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 301
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 9/5/2012 11:13:28 AM   
Angelus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I'm wondering how they'll end this season cliffhanger-wise. I've lost track of what happens where in the books now.

The Night's Watch at the Fist of the First Men. First blast on the horn: "Is Jon back?" asks Sam. Second blast: Mormont orders everyone to get ready to fight wildlings. An uncomfortable pause, then the third blast: wide shot showing the White Walkers and wights approaching. Everyone craps themselves.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 302
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 9/5/2012 11:28:26 AM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Angelus

quote:

The Night's Watch at the Fist of the First Men. First blast on the horn: "Is Jon back?" asks Sam. Second blast: Mormont orders everyone to get ready to fight wildlings. An uncomfortable pause, then the third blast: wide shot showing the White Walkers and wights approaching. Everyone craps themselves.

Oooh, good one. In fact, that is fucking awesome Dany's arc will obviously end with her meeting up with a certain bearded fellow. I'm not sure what will happen with Tyrion, since we know Blackwater happens in episode 9- presumably he will be conscious by 10. So maybe Tyrion's marriage to Sansa? Arya will free the Bolton's at Harrenhall and use up her 3rd wish (getting the coin will be her last scene). Robb's will the unwinding of his army- the Freys leaving (on account of his marriage to ''Telissa'' and Karstark beheaded due to his insubordination after Cat freeing Jaime (which I think totally highlights her doublestandards- but hey ho )

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 303
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 9/5/2012 2:27:04 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

quote:

See I was thinking of the same scene, but reckon that it'll have a close up of sam as each horn blast is sounded - It saves them having to spend the money for the others costumes this season, and it saves the creative department having to come up with what the others look like

<horn>
Sam casually says "rangers returning" getting on with what he's been doing
<Horn>
"wildilngs" Sam's eyes widen, you can see a bit of shock, as the other crows set to, grabbing their gear, he freezes, with them rousing him to get his gear
<horn>
Everybody stops, the camera closes in to Sam as he just mentions the word "others"

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 304
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 9/5/2012 3:25:16 PM   
Angelus

Yeah, we won't see the Others in detail until season 3, when it's time for Sam to become the Slayer. I was thinking more of approaching shapes, seen from a distance.

We'll probably get a scene of Sam and some of the other NWs finding the obsidian weapons at some point too.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping will remove the black parts!"

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 305
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 9/5/2012 4:28:38 PM   
Rob

Great ending though and if it's not something like that I'll be disappointed now!

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 306
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 14/5/2012 8:44:52 PM   
Chief Wiggum

not wanting to put this in either of the TV shows as it contains book 3 spoilers...

I introduced the parents to the series last week (episode 2 of season 2 after 4 days). My dad has just asked the question "who gets to poison joffery?"*

anybody else have any uncanny predictions that were bang on the nose come from TV viewers?

*I expect he's just been looking up spoilers on the internet

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 307
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 15/5/2012 7:27:09 PM   
Woger

In case any one is interested Peter Dinklage is interviewed in the current issue of Rolling Stone.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

Post #: 308
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 15/5/2012 7:40:51 PM   
Woger

Going by the tv thread it looks like Reek isn't part of the search for Bran and Rikon; is that right?

Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 309
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 16/5/2012 9:58:34 AM   
Funkyrae

There's nobody from the Dreadfort there yet, no Reek or Ramsay. At the moment it's more Dagmar of the Iron Men that seems to be leading Theon.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 310
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 16/5/2012 1:06:55 PM   
SWOTBM

There's an absolutely bonkers theory on ASIOF forums about Dagmer being Ramsay Some of the arguments between the posters are quite entertaining...

I really don't like the way Jon's sotyr is progressing- I don't see how they can make it look like Jon killed Qhorin under his orders? I thought in the last episode Ygritte already said they didn't take prisoners (which is kinda undermined by the fact they just took Jon prisoner ) so I can't see them taking the Halfhand prisoner.

I think the events in Qarth are going off the rails- Xaro plays an important role and I can't see Dany being too friendly with him anymore now that he has tried to betray her.

Also, interesting theory about the man that Quaithe was painting was Euron Crow's Eye

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 311
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 16/5/2012 2:26:05 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

There's an absolutely bonkers theory on ASIOF forums about Dagmer being Ramsay Some of the arguments between the posters are quite entertaining...

I can see why though.

That's me that is!

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 312
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 20/5/2012 12:42:54 AM   
chilipenguin

I realise I'm well behind the curve on this one, but I wrote a quick post on my blog about ASOIAF. Check it out HERE if you have a sec.

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

New short story/portfolio blog online HERE

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 313
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 22/5/2012 11:33:52 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

Going by the tv thread it looks like Reek isn't part of the search for Bran and Rikon; is that right?

That's what I just came to post, shouldn't Reek/Ramsay be part of the TV show by now?

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 314
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 22/5/2012 11:56:36 AM   
Angelus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

That's what I just came to post, shouldn't Reek/Ramsay be part of the TV show by now?

I think they're saving the Bastard of Bolton for season 3, I'm not sure he's been cast yet.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 315
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 22/5/2012 1:04:44 PM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

I think they're saving the Bastard of Bolton for season 3, I'm not sure he's been cast yet.

But, shouldn't there be some sort of link to Theon by now so that they recognise each other later on?

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 316
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 22/5/2012 10:17:12 PM   
Chief Wiggum

If it goes down the way that the book says it does, then yes it should have happened by now.

The way that I think it will play is that - Ramsay will rock up leading the northmen to "liberate" Winterfell, keeping Theon prisoner as per Robb's request - that he be kept alive.

The betrayal, and the sacking of Winterfell will probably come in with the Red Wedding - As it's Roose that sticks the knife in to Robb's back, which will characterise the whole of the Bolton Clan as "Baddies", in league with the Lannisters.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 317
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 23/5/2012 4:35:44 PM   
Funkyrae

Is the Red Wedding going to be next season? I've got myself so confused with what goes on in which book.

That's me that is!

Post #: 318
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 23/5/2012 7:07:56 PM   
emogeek

I think the Red Wedding was in A Storm Of Swords, so would expect it in season 3. Although there was talk of splitting ASOS over two seasons, so may even be season 4!

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 319
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 23/5/2012 8:39:25 PM   
Rebenectomy

I imagine it will be season three finale.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 320
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 24/5/2012 10:31:25 AM   
Rgirvan44

It is funny how people have been saying the last episode didn't do much given that it kick starts one of the biggest events in the book so far. Once the full thing has been shown, people will be kinder to it.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 321
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 24/5/2012 10:42:16 AM   
Rob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

I think you're right and I think Weiss and Benihoff have confirmed it in a round about way. They've gone on record as saying the next season will contain one of the major scenes from the book that was one of the reasons they started writing the show.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 322
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 28/5/2012 1:33:36 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

I think you're right and I think Weiss and Benihoff have confirmed it in a round about way. They've gone on record as saying the next season will contain one of the major scenes from the book that was one of the reasons they started writing the show.

I think the Red Wedding will be the subject of the penultimate episode, with the finale being split between Jon's battle at the wall, Dany's discovery of the true nature of her Westerosi counsel and Joff's wedding night celebration.  But given the amount of plot in ASoS, it surely will have to be over two seasons, just as the story was split over 2 books for its UK release

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 323
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 28/5/2012 1:58:28 PM   
Rob

I reckon they might save Joff's wedding for season 4. I think it's going to be really interesting to see how they handle AFFC and ADWD. My thoughts would be that they certainly mash them together and I reckon there's at least three seasons worth of material in there.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 324
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 28/5/2012 2:04:11 PM   
SWOTBM

I think there is three seasons worth of material if they are faithful to the book, but at the same time there is a lot of fat that can be cut out of those two books.

Anyone seen episode 9 yet? I have

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 325
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 30/5/2012 9:34:08 AM   
Rob

Season three characters revealed:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/05/29/game-of-thrones-new-season-3-characters-revealed

We have the Reeds! I'm really glad we're seeing them to be honest as they are such an integral part of Bran's story and hopefully it means Osha can sod off for a bit.

Also we'll get the first appearance of the Blackfish.

Season 3 has the potential to be the best yet.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 326
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 4/6/2012 9:05:01 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

well, you definitely called it - +1 internets for you sir

(in reply to Angelus)
Post #: 327
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 4/6/2012 9:19:13 PM   
Woger

Was it done well, they didn't set the others look very good in Season 1 imho

- - -

Post #: 328
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 4/6/2012 9:37:27 PM   
Chief Wiggum

I started reading the books after I saw the first episode - so pictured the whitewalkers as they are in there.

but in terms of how well it was done, It was - my reaction at the credits - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O59QrxEhx2g

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 329
RE: A Song of Ice and Fire - 5/6/2012 12:46:24 AM   
SWOTBM

I really didn't like the look of the white walkers or the wights. The latter just looked like cheap knockoffs from the Walking Dead and I imagined the white walkers to have smooth skin, completely white and with longish white hair- though I did like his spear/sword. I don't get why he just let Sam sit there after he saw him :/

I thought the Arya scene was well done; brief, but not much else that could have been said anyway. Although some sort of recognition by Tywin that his cupbearer was in fact Arya would have been cool.

People are going ape-shit over at ASOIAF about the House of the Undying. I wasn't that fussed about it for a number of reasons; I thought it would look too corny/cheap on a TV budget, would be rather obvious as to how future events were to unfold and I didn't really think it was that big a deal anyway; though other people obviously disagree with me here :)

After last week's episode the Stannis segment was completely out of character. Though Melissandre looked smoking hot (excuse the pun )

Varys was as cool as a cucumber; though the scene with Ros was unnecessary. Plus I also found out that in the book we never get confirmation that he is a eunuch, but the TV series does this. Lots of people were making a big deal out of this over on ASOIAF, but I doubt GRRM would let something that potentially affects the plot so much to go ahead anyway.

Almost forgot about the Winterfell part. Maester Luwin's death was quite powerful/emotional, best bit of the episode for me (along with Arya and Jaqen). Just how I imagined it in the books- except with the Reeds instead. The guy who plays Theon did a bang up job, I felt sorrow/sympathy/hatred for the character all at the same time, whereas in the books I just hated the character.

Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> RE: A Song of Ice and Fire Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI