Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/11/2007 1:22:19 AM   
tombetom

The sort of boring, mind-numbing pile of excrement that bizarrely gets seen as something masterful by it's ridiculously massive fanbase, all of whom transform any cinema screening room in which this is playing into a bonafide toolbox.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 301
Bloated - 1/12/2007 11:25:41 AM   
Caster

What happens when a director is allowed to indulge every whim without restraint. A two hour plus bloated toad of CGI and Johnny Depp self-indulgance (did we really need any of those multiple Sparrow scenes?). He's not funny and the ending goes on forever. They could easily have cut half an hour and $30 million off the budget. That said, it does look great and is occassionally fun. But less money might have been better for the film.

Post #: 302
RE: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - 10/12/2007 2:02:20 PM   
shool

Now I can sit through most things and I love watching a good crap film now and again. But this was just plain awful, even worse than DMC and that was pretty poor.

Yes Johnny Depp is good but the whole film cant rest on one character being eccentric and vaguely amusing. I managed to watch about just over an hour of this up to the bit where Keith richards appeared and I turned it off. (Not because of Keith, but because I realised it wasnt going to get any better.)

It was the most convoluted, self indulgent, long winded and boring piece of tosh I've seen in a long while. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

Thanks goodness Bourne Ultimatum is out today and I can look forward to something decent this weekend.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 303
RE: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - 10/12/2007 5:40:43 PM   
max314

Mark Kermode's review of the film is hysterical 

MAX

Laying the 314 on your candy ass.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 304
RE: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - 12/12/2007 12:35:20 PM   
CORLEONE

With doubt, the biggest disaster of 2007.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to max314)
Post #: 305
RE: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - 13/12/2007 2:15:39 PM   
jermreen

Worlds end was a real let down, no doubt about it .RIP Jack Sparrow.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 306
RE: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - 13/12/2007 7:18:16 PM   
mateyboy

an awful boring film. wanted it to end after about an hour and wasnt even half way through.

(in reply to jermreen)
Post #: 307
RE: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - 15/12/2007 9:50:24 AM   
Newander

It was entertaining, but a tad to long, the Jack Sparrow scenes in the desert were not needed IMO. It's all getting a bit the samey, the weakest of them all.

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to mateyboy)
Post #: 308
RE: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - 15/12/2007 2:36:53 PM   
JayDubya

Absolutely awful bum-number of a movie. Whilst Dead Mans Chest wasn't as good as the first movie, I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, but with At Worlds End there is no doubt with which to give it the benefit of. The biggest mistake with the sequels was trying to retrofit an epic trilogy into them. They are just not those sort of movies. It would have been better if the film-makers had come up with a new adventure for each film. For all the intricate and confusing plotting, not to mention the over indulgence and over reliance on special effects it says something when two of the best moments in At Worlds End are when Depp and Rush compare the size of their telescopes.

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 309
RE: Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End - 18/12/2007 9:46:23 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Decent film but it was effing long....

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

Post #: 310
Pirates 3 - 1/2/2008 1:59:47 AM   
lynnshep

Worst of the three. Bloated and lacking in plot and character development. Feels like they are just tying plot points together to end storylines. Nice action and special effects but a pale imitation of the first.

< Message edited by lynnshep -- 19/3/2008 8:51:05 PM >

Post #: 311
Enjoyable but flawed. (Warning spoilers) - 24/2/2008 8:39:56 PM   
Ricorodrigeuz

First off I would like to say that there are many flaws in this film but there is still a lot to like. Depp is great as usual and so is Geoffry Rush but its Bill Nighy who truly shines in the acting part this time. He truly brings the film to life with his flawless performance because if it wasn't for him the film would suffer. The effects are amazing like last time but the story should have been cut down in order to make things more understandable such as the calaipso scene. The scene where Becket dies could have been way better. I was hoping for him and Jones or Swan have a duel together rather than for him to get blown up. The cliffhanger at the end would make a great story for a redeeming sequel.

Post #: 312
RE: RE: - 4/4/2008 10:37:10 PM   
CocoIndiana

I thought that the film was pretty good, but never as good as the first one.

(in reply to JagLover)
Post #: 313
RE: RE: - 6/4/2008 5:53:47 PM   
Paap28

***WARNING FILM SPOILERS***

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End is a decent film and brings the trilogy to a close whilst leaving an opportunity for a sequel, picking off from the cliffhanger at the end of Dead Mans Chest the films first half an hours action packed and very interesting, the next half an hour is very amusing and also interesting, the next half an hour is also amusing but kinda dumb and the pirates are silly from the way they behave and the pieces of eight scene is just rubbish perhaps entertaining and amusing for the children but perhaps boring for the adults. The next half an hour leads to a battle between 2 ships which is entertaining but perhaps drags on for too long and should have been 2 mins shorter. The rest of the movie pretty much rounds it off and is a happy ending, the overall movie is soo good that I was obliged to say, bring on Pirate of the Caribbean and the Fountain of Youth.

However I knew that this movie wouldn't be better enjoyed in cinema because of it's length you tend to get bored however I bought it on DVD and found that it deserved 4/5 stars.

Paap28 signing off.

< Message edited by Paap28 -- 6/4/2008 5:54:53 PM >

" I believe that all of life's answers can be found in the right Spielberg film. "

(in reply to CocoIndiana)
Post #: 314
Oh, Dear God, what on earth is this? - 22/4/2008 12:30:43 AM   
nc_jj

They really fu**ed on this one. Way disappointing. Don't waste your time, or money seeing it. A total waste of time.

Post #: 315
Please Let This Be The Last! - 30/4/2008 8:54:36 AM   
joanna likes films

The plot is a total let-down, what happened? The first one seems like lightyears away and all we can remember is awfull plot lines and a num-buming running time. Sure Johnny Depp is still holding the fort but he is slowly losing it, his jokes arren't laugh-out loud and I'm not following him like I was in the first. Orlando Bloom has turned stiff, only pulling faces when he don't understand what's going on and I was doing the same. Keria Knightley, God I wanna punch her! So annoying and pointless, I really thought her was a strong person but now, don't ask me! The end, bah! It took so long to get there, so many bits could be cut out but I don't know what could be left. Very disappointed but my family enjoyed it and still has Blockbuster material.

Post #: 316
Worst of the Bunch - 23/5/2008 10:22:38 AM   
blaud

They could've made so much more of this. Damn, I was so excited about it too.
A real shame after the first two films

Post #: 317
Boo! - 7/6/2008 12:03:23 AM   
jomo999

This film put me to sleep, that's bad for an action adventure.
I wanted it to be good as much as anyone else, to return the quality of the oriinal and end the series on an high note but it just wasn't and I think even a 3 star rating is generous from empire.

Post #: 318
Boo! - 7/6/2008 12:03:38 AM   
jomo999

I wanted it to be good as much as anyone else, to return the quality of the oriinal and end the series on an high note but it just wasn't and I think even a 3 star rating is generous from empire.

Post #: 319
Boo! - 7/6/2008 12:03:46 AM   
jomo999

Post #: 320
Boo! - 7/6/2008 12:03:57 AM   
jomo999

Post #: 321
Oh I"m sorry I did"nt know this was the FOURT... - 27/6/2008 4:32:51 PM   
JohnPaul1996

It felt like I missed one of the films.Its the Black Pearl,Dead Man,s Chest and this one right,right.The jokes were really childish,the way they brought Jack Sparrow back to life,I still don"t understand,I did"nt get to see this in cinema so I spent TWENTY euro(Irish money which is also used in some other E.U. countries)on it.

Post #: 322
a lot better - 6/7/2008 11:14:54 AM   
tango fett

i can remember sitting in the cinema bored shitless whilst watching this. But i am a pirates fan so ipicked up the dvd for a fiver at good ol' HMV and i was pleasantly suprised how much better it is. The best thing is that you can take a break about halfway through the film to grab a drink. This was the main issue i had first time round becuase it felt like a chore to sit through the entire movie. Also the plot is a lot less confusing second time round. Would recomend if you were dissapointed first ime around, its a lot better on the small screen.

Post #: 323
BAH! - 25/9/2008 10:52:24 AM   
discodave101

What a pile of stinking, fly infested dog doo!

Post #: 324
not the send off for a trilogy that the first one deserved - 29/1/2009 10:04:41 AM   
THE DALTONATOR

this film is proof that the pirates sequels should never have been made. this could have been a modern indiana jones adventure trilogy but after the brilliance of the first one the two sequels have fallen like a damp squid and both been way to long, lead you to hate the characters, gone to dark and been stuffed with as many plots as possible mainly ruining the experience and the first time jack popped up or should i say 100 jacks popped up i was sick of him and thought for a while anyway this franchise had run its course but with the billions of dollars rolling in there will undoubtedly be a 4th one but how about a 90 minute fun, action packed jack fest?

Post #: 325
Worst! Only for die-hard Depp fans - 1/6/2009 1:54:30 PM   
batbhai

This is dimaagh pakao...too much J.Sparrow. K. Knightly so much annoying and Davy Jone's heart still pumping till the world's end. Too loud and depressing

Post #: 326
- 26/9/2009 6:36:41 PM   
FanaticalAboutFilm

I was really waiting for this film but after seeing "At worlds end" I was a bit dissapointed. It had some great elements in it but already got boring a confusing near the end...Verbinski could have done better.

Post #: 327
P.o.t.c - 27/9/2009 6:36:29 PM   
deppfanatic

It provides a decent amount of entertainment, buckets of eye candy and a good laugh here and there.Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is rife with dazzling visuals. As with both previous films, At World's End has spent it's almost-certainly astronomical budget on what actually goes on the screen. The sets, costumes, and stunning visual effects are impressive.

Post #: 328
Eh ! - 14/3/2010 11:43:21 AM   
spartan24

Tooooooooo Looong !

Post #: 329
Best of all time! - 12/7/2010 5:41:40 PM   
Bente

I simply loved this movie! It had everything and was, according to me not a single minute too long. I didn't look at my watch at all. Pirtes of the Caribbean - At Worlds End is, according to me, one of the best movies Disney has made!

Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI