Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Big Brother 8 UK / Big Brother 8 USA

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Big Brother 8 UK / Big Brother 8 USA Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Big Brother 8 UK / Big Brother 8 USA - 21/5/2007 11:39:30 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Big Brother 8 starts in a week  It's back! Will you be watching?

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 1/9/2007 1:09:04 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Big Brother 8 - 21/5/2007 11:42:58 PM   
Joedini

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Big Brother 8 starts in a week  It's back! Will you be watching?

No. After the awful couple of years I will be avoiding this like the plague

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 2
RE: Big Brother 8 - 21/5/2007 11:48:22 PM   
Shifty Bench

Depends if there are any hot chicks in it. Why not? Imogen was in it last year and she ended up having a sex tape, so you never know...

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 3
RE: Big Brother 8 - 21/5/2007 11:50:11 PM   
soderbergh1

i'll be watching! i took a few years off it before returning triumphantly last year (i thought it was a great year with some memorable participants) and now i'm looking forward to this new one.

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ***
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 4
RE: Big Brother 8 - 21/5/2007 11:56:39 PM   
Art Vandelay

Never miss it!

It's never quite summer until Davina, Dermot and a big bunch of freaks (well at least some) appear on our screens.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 5
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 12:14:15 AM   
Hex

As much as I may want to, I cant really avoid it in our house. My mum is addicted to BB and has the livefeed running 24/7 when its on so Im kinda stuck with it.

I really wouldnt mind if it was just the evening shows and BBLB. But the livefeed kills me!

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 6
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 7:46:50 AM   
nomimalone

I'll watch the first show to see who goes in to the house, but then I will try to avoid watching any more. 

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 7
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 8:13:38 AM   
King_Wah

Count me in !

Is it starting late this year feels so. Well what will we have this year ? A BB4 year or a BB5 year. I hope it is better than last year. There were really only two nice people in the show last year in Glynn and Pete. The rest were just too aware of the way the competition runs. I also hope thereis less manipulation by Channel 4 and Endemol this year.

I am big, it's the forum that got smaller.

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 8
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 8:31:17 AM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Depends if there are any hot chicks in it. Why not? Imogen was in it last year and she ended up having a sex tape, so you never know...

Haha. Right on. Don't forget Lea as well.

I shall be watching it as always.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

Post #: 9
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 8:59:17 AM   
discodave101

Oh fuck - now I live with the missus I've got no chance of avoiding this even if I want to. Suppose it gives me an excuse to watch streams on my laptop whilst she's watching this tho. 

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 10
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 11:18:25 AM   
heinousmoz

I've no intention of watching Big Brother but for those who are going to there's an article on the beeb about the new house.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6679257.stm

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 11
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 12:01:28 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I loved last years Big Brother with Nicki and Pete.  I know that channel 4 edit it to get ratings but everything that we see did happen so it's kind of a twisted reality... I have some great memories from watching Big Brother.  Helen from series 2, Jade (series 3) Alex dancing behind the door, the fight from series 5 and the under the table moment and Nicki's rants lol there's so amny others too... it's so addictive to see what these people are doing! I hope this one isn't rubish though as Big Brother seems to be good on number 1, 3, 5 and 7 last year.  2 was ok, 4 and 6 were pretty average... maybe i'm just making this up lol - just hope they top last years somehow?

(in reply to heinousmoz)
Post #: 12
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 12:04:24 PM   
jediwarrior

Oh god help us. Is this back again. Trouble is I never watch it but it's always on the radio and papers so you can't avoid it if you want to.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Post #: 13
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 12:06:28 PM   
theoriginalcynic

You could lol just don't read the newspaper article and switch over the news if it's on.  I never understand people taht complain about the show as there's four other channels and freeview is so cheap now!

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 14
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 12:13:18 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

Don't forget Lea as well.

Jesus, I am trying to...

Anyone know who's hosting Big Mouth from now on?

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 15
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 12:29:49 PM   
Achtung Englander

who reckons Jade Goody will be avoiding watching this one then

Post #: 16
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 3:07:22 PM   
i007_Bond_007i

I'm looking forward to it! Watched every one since it first began...how sad...

'An actor is at most a poet, and at least an entertainer.'

Jack Bauer refused the Godfather's offer.

'Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas - whatever.'

(in reply to Achtung Englander)
Post #: 17
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 3:10:28 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Really who with not that dickhead who was booted out of the house after a few weeks everyone hated? Got any links to it on the web he, he..

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

Post #: 18
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 3:13:32 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

You could lol just don't read the newspaper article and switch over the news if it's on.  I never understand people taht complain about the show as there's four other channels and freeview is so cheap now!

I did not say the news. I mean just normal chat on the radio it's talked about. Yes I don't read the newspaper articles about it but it just always seems in your face all the time.

I understand if people like the show each to there own I say. It just hard to avoid if you have no interest in it

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

Post #: 19
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 3:14:48 PM   
Monkeyshaver

No. Its about as enjoyable as watching an orphanage burn down. In fact I'd only watch it if once all the contestants were locked in they burnt the BB house down.

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 20
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 3:23:09 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Why have they got a bath in the living room I don`t get it?  I`m not sure I`m going to watch this time after the way the producers dragged out the bullying in Celebrity Big Brother house to boost ratings and didn`t intervene and kick the nasty cows out because they didn`t think they were being specifically racist. I don`t think they were either but they were picking unfairly on her and that should have been clamped down on straight away. Maybe if they make a point this time stating no bullying will be tolerated then maybe I`ll let them off. I know it didn`t hurt Shelpa in the long run in fact its given her a huge boost  but just because she didn`t complain isn`t a good enough excuse. The bullied rarely do and just grin and bear it. If they could fight back effectively they wouldn`t be bullied in the first place. She did quite a good job standing upto Jade mind. Anyway thats old boring news now and after what those girls went through when they came out you`d think noone would dare do that again but almost each year someone seems to get picked on in there and becomes an unfair scapegoat for the others fustrations and hang ups.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

Post #: 21
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 3:23:34 PM   
Base

Ah, the annual sanitarium for locking a selected group of the egomaniacal dredges of society away from the rest of us for the Summer.  It would be great if we could just make these few changes....

• More inmates, er, contestants
  • Scrap the voting, no more of this 'letting them back out' crap
  • No more camera's, once they're in, we don't need to see anymore, surely?!

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Monkeyshaver)
Post #: 22
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 5:10:05 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkeyshaver

No. Its about as enjoyable as watching an orphanage burn down. In fact I'd only watch it if once all the contestants were locked in they burnt the BB house down.

lol what a contradiction!

Post #: 23
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 5:13:46 PM   
The Lensman

i havent seen it in years!!! thank goodness!!! 

Post #: 24
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 5:14:19 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller

Why have they got a bath in the living room I don`t get it?  I`m not sure I`m going to watch this time after the way the producers dragged out the bullying in Celebrity Big Brother house to boost ratings and didn`t intervene and kick the nasty cows out because they didn`t think they were being specifically racist. I don`t think they were either but they were picking unfairly on her and that should have been clamped down on straight away. Maybe if they make a point this time stating no bullying will be tolerated then maybe I`ll let them off. I know it didn`t hurt Shelpa in the long run in fact its given her a huge boost  but just because she didn`t complain isn`t a good enough excuse. The bullied rarely do and just grin and bear it. If they could fight back effectively they wouldn`t be bullied in the first place. She did quite a good job standing upto Jade mind. Anyway thats old boring news now and after what those girls went through when they came out you`d think noone would dare do that again but almost each year someone seems to get picked on in there and becomes an unfair scapegoat for the others fustrations and hang ups.

Yes, but they can't just interfer whenever they like, it's supposed to be reality tv.  Wouldn't be reality if they call someone to the diary room everytime something bad is said ect... and they did clamp down on it in the end.  Big Brother 5 with the fight was alot worse then celeb big brother this year.  It's just the whole thing was blown out of porportion.  Why did nobody intervene when bully Pete Burns ripped into Tracy? Cause they're both white? Bullying is bullying! And the year before (with george galloway, Michael Barrymore and Pete Burns was soooo much worse for bullying.  Big Brother is there to ensure the safety of housemates not stop every tantrum or we would have no show

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 22/5/2007 5:15:02 PM >

Post #: 25
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 6:15:22 PM   
zombiemaster

Will i be watching?

No

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth

Post #: 26
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 6:24:22 PM   
pedros

Bring it on, can't wait! Though it's bound to wind me up when there is some absolute arsehole like Nikki on it whom everyone loves. I still haven't got over my hatred for her.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to zombiemaster)
Post #: 27
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 6:41:18 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I always end up getting sucked into it without wanting to but this time I will embrace it like a man embracing his mentally retarded but loveable old pooch

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 28
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 6:53:40 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller

Really who with not that dickhead who was booted out of the house after a few weeks everyone hated? Got any links to it on the web he, he..

No, she made it with her (now ex) boyfriend before she went in the house, it just surfaced because she was in the public eye. I have never seen it

Nobody know who's hosting Big Mouth since Russell Brand quit?

Post #: 29
RE: Big Brother 8 - 22/5/2007 7:18:19 PM   
King_Wah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkeyshaver

As predictable as the changing of the seasons and the tides of the sea. Monkeyshaver's annual anti BB rant. This is said with genuine affection. It wouldn't be the same without you.

I am big, it's the forum that got smaller.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Big Brother 8 UK / Big Brother 8 USA Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI