Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Re: the ending is utterly naff. Nazis conducting Jewish ceremonies????????????????????

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Re: the ending is utterly naff. Nazis conducting Jewish ceremonies???????????????????? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re: the ending is utterly naff. Nazis conducting Jewish... - 23/9/2012 6:57:11 AM   
badsanta

Actually, it's the French archeologist, Belloq who conducts the ceremony. The Nazis simply watch - though one of them says he feels uncomfortable with the 'Jewish ritual'. Nothing naff about that.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: AWESOME! - 25/9/2012 1:46:38 PM   
Bad Ash

quote:

ORIGINAL: shitneck

The point of this scene is that all those killed when the ark is opened are either nazi or are wearing swastikas, whereas indie is wearing a uniform, but no symbols. It could also mean that he and marion are not killed because of them being tied to the pole therefore not being part of the nazi agenda.
i think.

.....or it was because both Indy and Marion had their eyes closed (like Indy said to Marion to do).

I know where the bastard sleeps!

(in reply to shitneck)
Post #: 32
RE: AWESOME! - 25/9/2012 4:42:25 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bad Ash

quote:

ORIGINAL: shitneck

The point of this scene is that all those killed when the ark is opened are either nazi or are wearing swastikas, whereas indie is wearing a uniform, but no symbols. It could also mean that he and marion are not killed because of them being tied to the pole therefore not being part of the nazi agenda.
i think.

.....or it was because both Indy and Marion had their eyes closed (like Indy said to Marion to do).

Don't bring logic into this, Bad Ash.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Bad Ash)
Post #: 33
RE: AWESOME! - 25/9/2012 9:58:36 PM   
Dr Lenera

It's very good but Temple Of Doom is better

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 34
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) - 14/7/2013 3:04:05 PM   
BJORNtheBLU

If I was to get to the point immediately, ''Raiders of the Lost Ark'' is one of the most deliriously funny, ingenious and stylish American adventure movies ever made and easily one of my all time favourites, if not my favourite. This film made my childhood. I rightly wore the VHS tape out, thats how much I used to watch Raiders. After this film was released it changed cinema from there on. It inspired all the adventure movies that followed because of how this film was pulled off. John Williams score. The most iconic score of all time easily. Steven Spielberg really does recognise the fact that John Williams is a genius. If you have the score on your iPod and you play it. I guarantee everyone will say 'Oh that's from Indiana Jones'. Even if they haven't seen the film. And if they haven't seen Raiders make certain that you sit them down in front of the television and make them watch some cinematic gold.

The story is pretty simple, isn't it? The year is 1936. A professor who studies archeology named Indiana Jones is venturing in the jungles in South America searching for a golden statue. Unfortunately, he sets off a deadly trap doing so, miraculously, he escapes. Then, Jones hears from a museum curator named Marcus Brody about a biblical artifact called The Ark of the Covenant, which can hold the key to humanly existence. Jones has to venture to vast places such as Nepal and Egypt to find this artifact. However, he will have to fight his enemy Renee Belloq and a band of Nazis in order to reach it.

Spielberg and Lucas set out to make this movie and not only did they succeed but they did it in such as unique way. It was defiantly hard core and it was certainly effective. And that is one of the reasons why Raiders was such a success because the action set pieces felt somewhat real. It also features some of the best stunt work I have ever seen. Lawrence Kasdan's script is one of the best scripts put to screen. It really shows the relationships between each of the characters in a special way. Which is why none of the sequels had that same writing technique and feel because Kasdan only wrote Raiders.

Another implement in this film is that it has aged really well. Especially after watching it on blu-ray recently. It looks like it could have been made yesterday apart from the odd 80s effects. But on the whole this film was way ahead of its game in terms of directing, effects, script and acting. This film deserves all the complements it receives. I couldn't love Raiders more. As you can tell. This film of course gets an A+. If there is a higher rating please let me know!

< Message edited by BJORNtheBLU -- 14/7/2013 4:54:32 PM >

Post #: 35
- 14/9/2013 9:28:30 AM   
theonering

The closest to perfection in cinema history.

Post #: 36
"I can't find Mr. Jones captain, I've looked every... - 13/12/2013 10:25:15 AM   
fac51thehacienda

"He has to be here somewhere. Look again"
" I found him"
"Where?"
"There!"
BAADABAMBAAAAAAAA BAMBADAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHA AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Re: the ending is utterly naff. Nazis conducting Jewish ceremonies???????????????????? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI