Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

My Blueberry Nights Trailer Hits

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> My Blueberry Nights Trailer Hits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My Blueberry Nights Trailer Hits - 16/5/2007 4:15:09 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 16/5/2007 4:15:09 PM   
Jeffrey

Wong Kar-wai is my favourite director but I fear for this movie as initial buzz and the response at the press screening apparently wasn't good. His last movie, 2046, was a major disappointment for me. However, I'll reserve judgement until I've actually seen this film.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Not what I expected - 16/5/2007 5:14:13 PM   
Acho

It's looking like the visual equivalent of a Norah Jones song - not always a good thing! Where's Rachel Weisz, Natalie Portman, Ed Harris and, most importantly pour moi, David Strathairn?! Trailer makes it look like a mope-fest between Jude Law and Norah Jones - not what I was hoping for! Here's hoping the film itself is a step up.

Post #: 3
RE: Not what I expected - 17/5/2007 1:21:17 AM   
TheRonin

Wong Kar Wai is my favorite director, and I was very worried when I heard news of his cross-over to English language films, ESPECIALLY since these films(I am talking about Lady From Shanghai as well, which apparently might or might not happen) don't involve Christopher Doyle. The WKW-Doyle team never failed me(I am one of the people that value 2046 as the masterpiece that it is). Needless to say, I was pretty bummed. BUT then I saw some Blueberry on-set stills, and started thinking that Wong's genius can't fail. THEN, I some more shots and grew more and more confident, and by this time yesterday, after seeing the trailer, I was sure that this might be my favourite movie of the year, I mean, that thing is beautiful *sigh*.

Sadly, after reading the first reviews that have come in, I am growing more and more disheartened and I can't help but wonder how this will eventually turn out. I mean, it's almost certain that WKW will re-edit it before the film will come out in theaters in what appears to be November, but still... I hoped against all hope that he would manage to merge the influences into something brilliant, and you know what? I still do. I am not going to 'boo' WKW until I see with my own eyes that what the critics are saying is true... Yes, I realise I might be in denial

It's hard to tell whether the world we live in is either reality or a dream.

(in reply to Acho)
Post #: 4
Another teaser trailer - 17/5/2007 5:43:45 PM   
Jeffrey

Another teaser trailer here:

http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=104631

Post #: 5
RE: Another teaser trailer - 17/5/2007 6:23:02 PM   
TheRonin

Oh, and from what I have seen of the two trailers, the film looks amazing. I don't care what critics say. We don't love WKW and his films for the appeal they have on masses. If I liked that sort of director and film, the first on my favorite movis list would be 'The Fast and the Furious'.

Edit: I have now seen all three teaser trailers and they look great. You can check out a trailer featuring Natalie Portman at www.NataliePortman.com

Or, if that doesn't work, you can download it: http://www.natalieportman.com/npcom.php?page_number=24

< Message edited by TheRonin -- 17/5/2007 9:15:22 PM >

It's hard to tell whether the world we live in is either reality or a dream.

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> My Blueberry Nights Trailer Hits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI