Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Boxing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Boxing Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Boxing - 4/5/2008 9:03:57 PM   
BobaJango

quote:

ORIGINAL: chrismart83

Caught the De La Hoya - Forbes fight last night. De La Hoya looked ok (since it was his first fight in awhile) and won easily on points.
He will have to step it up though if the Mayweather re-match goes ahead.

The most pointless announced potential fight alongside Holyfield v Tyson III. Mayweather and ODLH are both huge draws but were never a good match in the first place.

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).

(in reply to chrismart83)
Post #: 91
RE: Boxing - 6/5/2008 12:42:08 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobaJango

quote:

Caught the De La Hoya - Forbes fight last night. De La Hoya looked ok (since it was his first fight in awhile) and won easily on points.
He will have to step it up though if the Mayweather re-match goes ahead.

The most pointless announced potential fight alongside Holyfield v Tyson III. Mayweather and ODLH are both huge draws but were never a good match in the first place.

Yeah DeLa Hoya won easy but dont you think he took too many punches during the fight . I cant wait for the rematch between him and Mayweather to be honest but dont you think it would be a better prospect all round for DLH to fight Hatton and then the winner to fight Mayweather .....oh well i can dream .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 92
RE: Boxing - 10/5/2008 12:10:28 PM   
Jasiri

Quite impressed by De La Hoya's performance against Forbes,looked much better than I was expecting.Still don't really care for a rematch between him and Mayweather though.De La Hoya's talking about another 2 fights this year,presumably Mayweather in September and another fight in December,possibly with Miguel Cotto.Cotto's facing what should be a very tough fight in July against Tony Margarito though so maybe if Margarito wins they will look to him.Don't fancy De La Hoya's chances against either of them to be honest,unlike Mayweather they'd push him into fighting at a tempo I think he'd struggle with now.

Just read that the Shane Mosley-Zab Judah fight scheduled for the end of the month has been cancelled.Unsuprisingly it's down to Judah,seemingly he got 50 stitches to his arm after a fall, will this guy ever get a grip.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 93
RE: Boxing - 11/5/2008 2:22:09 AM   
chrismart83

Its a shame Witter lost earlier as it looks like it blows any chance of a Witter- Hatton fight ever happening.

''You'll Never Walk Alone''

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 94
RE: Boxing - 11/5/2008 7:51:45 PM   
boaby

Witter deserved to lose. A lot of poncing about with nae much punches landing.

The Froch fight was a waste of time. That's the sort of nonsense that does my head in about boxing.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

Post #: 95
RE: Boxing - 11/5/2008 8:32:57 PM   
Beno

Never rated Witter even though hes based in my City , and to be honest he seems to have the least following of all Brendan Ingle related "big names" over the years . His defeat was no surprise , he fought the kind of fight that was more pose and less punch . The fact that the judges made it split could make a rematch though hes going to have to show the potential that some belive he has .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 96
RE: Boxing - 12/5/2008 11:31:31 PM   
Jasiri

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

The Froch fight was a waste of time. That's the sort of nonsense that does my head in about boxing.

Froch was left in a kind of no win situation with opponents pulling out,at least he just got on with it and hammered the guy out.

Never been keen on Witter,doesn't come across well to me and a dull fighter to watch.His head must have still been ringing from the knockdown in round 6 because after the fight he said he thought he won the first 5 rounds.In my opinion the scorecards flattered him,I thought Bradley beat him comprehensively.For some reason when you get dodgy decisions it often seems to take ages to get the scores and the length of time it was taking I thought Bradley was getting stiffed but thankfully not.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 97
RE: Boxing - 19/5/2008 2:58:38 PM   
Beno

Is it me or is anyone else finding it hard to get motivated about Hatton vs Lazcano? Dont know why , its the perfect comeback fight for the Hitman ...but i cant get all that interested . Hatton should win easy , maybe that the problem . Lazcano is a former Lightweight and is fighting a long way from home in whats bound to be a mega intimidating Arena . I predict a 2nd round stoppage for Ricky .

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 98
RE: Boxing - 20/5/2008 5:35:58 PM   
boaby

Well there's no way I'm paying 15 to watch the fight.

I see Scotland has another world champ. Alex Arthur been given the title by the WBO after Guzman moved up in weight. Nae the most glorious achievement, but hey, it's a world title.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 99
RE: Boxing - 20/5/2008 7:44:43 PM   
Jasiri

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Is it me or is anyone else finding it hard to get motivated about Hatton vs Lazcano? Dont know why , its the perfect comeback fight for the Hitman ...but i cant get all that interested . Hatton should win easy , maybe that the problem . Lazcano is a former Lightweight and is fighting a long way from home in whats bound to be a mega intimidating Arena . I predict a 2nd round stoppage for Ricky .

I'm the same,it's not an exciting prospect but then I'm not a big fan of Hatton.He's a likable guy though who I always hope does well.Can't say I'm familiar with Lazcano,was having a look at his record on Boxrec and going back a few years he beat some big names like John John Molina,Wilfredo Vazquez and Jesse James Leija although all were all getting on a bit by then.The most interesting thing about the night is that Paulie Malignaggi is fighting a rematch with Lovemore N'dou on the same card so presumably they are lining up Hatton-Malignaggi next if both win.That's a far more interesting prospect that I'd certainly like to see.

< Message edited by Jasiri -- 20/5/2008 7:46:00 PM >

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 100
RE: Boxing - 20/5/2008 10:19:08 PM   
chrismart83

Yeah im not too excited by the Hatton fight, but if Hatton and Malignaggi go on to fight as expected id be looking forward tyo that one.

Im more looking forward to Hattons ring entrance, hes been making a big deal out of it in the papers so looking foraward to see what it entails.

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 101
RE: Boxing - 21/5/2008 2:32:00 PM   
Beno

quote:

I see Scotland has another world champ. Alex Arthur been given the title by the WBO after Guzman moved up in weight. Nae the most glorious achievement, but hey, it's a world title.

How do people feel about Arthur simply being handed the title?? Yeah he won an interim bout but are the days of fighting for a vacant title gone ??

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 102
RE: Boxing - 22/5/2008 10:03:03 PM   
Jasiri

quote:

quote:

How do people feel about Arthur simply being handed the title?? Yeah he won an interim bout but are the days of fighting for a vacant title gone ??

It's just one of those things now,although the whole interim thing is a joke.The sanctioning bodies exist to generate money so there must be a kickback involved or they would make him fight and pick up a santioning fee.This way I guess they can get paid twice,some quick money for doing nothing other than handing over the belt and another payday quite soon when he fights.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 103
RE: Boxing - 24/5/2008 7:42:45 PM   
BobaJango

quote:

quote:

It's happened before. The first example that comes to my mind is Lennox Lewis being handed the title (WBO if i remember right) because Riddick Bowe just threw it in the trash.

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 104
RE: Boxing - 25/5/2008 4:19:28 PM   
Jasiri

Said after the Mayweather fight that I'd be happy to see Ricky Hatton hang up his gloves and the Lazcano fight's done nothing to change my mind,getting hit way too often.As for Paulie Malignaggi wtf was he thinking,I've seen some bizarre stuff in boxing over the years but haircuts in the corner must top them all. Anyway that's 2 defences for him and I've thought he's lost both,he's a bit of an idiot but I like the guy,he won my respect for the way he stood up to an incredible beating from Miguel Cotto a couple of years back but that's still the most impressive thing he's done in the ring.

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 105
RE: Boxing - 27/5/2008 1:48:48 AM   
chrismart83

I can see Hatton beating Malignaggi if they face each other, but he didnt look too sharp against Lazcano, he was just running into some of them shots.

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 106
RE: Boxing - 27/5/2008 4:30:01 PM   
chrismart83

Seen these stories involving Hatton today:

Ricky Hatton set to wait for rematch

The Mancunian is likely to be told that until he has won at least three fights at light-welterweight he can forget about Floyd Mayweather JrRon Lewis
Despite winning his comeback bout at the weekend, Ricky Hatton is unlikely to see his wish of a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr next spring granted. Hatton beat Juan Lazcano on points at the City of Manchester Stadium at the weekend and is next due to box against Paulie Malignaggi in November, but he is likely to be told that he should forget about facing Mayweather again for the foreseeable future and instead look for smaller boxers to face.

Golden Boy, Hatton's promoter, is thought to believe he will need at least three victories to give a rematch with Mayweather, the WBC welterweight champion, credibility. Should Hatton beat Malignaggi, the IBF light-welterweight champion, in the United States, they are looking at a shortlist of three opponents, who would move up in weight to challenge Hatton.

The list is headed by Manny Pacquiao, the popular three-weight world champion from the Philippines, and features two former world lightweight champions, Juan Diaz, of the US, and Michael Katsidis, from Australia.

Mayweather stopped Hatton, 29, in ten rounds in Las Vegas in December. In the meantime, Mayweather, an unbeaten five-weight world champion who is widely regarded as the world's best boxer, has another rematch on his mind, against Oscar De La Hoya in September. When they met last May, it was the richest bout of all time.

Oscar De La Hoya - "Ricky Hatton Belongs At 140 Pounds." Says He Won't fight Him

Not too long ago, the possibility of Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton meeting in the ring was publicly discussed. Many fans cried out in relative disgust, claming "The Golden Boy" would be simply too big for "The Hitman." Well, in a recent interview with Setanta Sports, Oscar has gone on record as saying he pretty much agrees with such thinking..

"I'm a naturally bigger guy in a different weight class so I would rule it out," De La Hoya told Setanta when speaking on the possibility of a bout with Hatton. "Ricky's doing a tremendous job at 140 pounds where he feels comfortable. Where he can do a lot of great things. I would rule it out [a potential De La Hoya-Hatton clash]. Ricky's fighting at 140. That's where he feels most comfortable and that's where he belongs. I wouldn't advise him to go up to 147. Those few pounds make a big difference."

There is little doubt the majority of fight fans would agree with the 35-year-old living legend. But what about Oscar's own weight these days? What is the lowest poundage he can get down to right now?

"With me, I can make 147 pounds with no problem," De La Hoya said. "Can I make 140? If I try I probably can. [But] I don't think it's going to be possible because I'm retiring this year."
On the point of whether he can make 140, the fans will likely disagree with Oscar. No way would he be able to get down that low, not and be effective in a fight, anyway. But now that a fight with Hatton can be ruled out, who will De La Hoya's final bouts come against?

Oscar told Setanta about his plans for his final year in boxing.

"My plan is to have three fights," Oscar said. "Who knows if I'll just do two because I have my fight with Floyd [Mayweather Jnr] in September and I'm going to devote my life to that training camp mentally and physically. I know it's going to be draining and take a lot out of me so we'll have to see. I do want to do a fight in December against who I don't know, but like I've always done throughout my whole career it will be against a tough opponent, one of the best pound-for-pound fighters."

Will De La Hoya indeed face anyone after his rematch with Mayweather? Stay tuned! 

Post #: 107
RE: Boxing - 27/5/2008 11:39:42 PM   
Jasiri

quote:

I can see Hatton beating Malignaggi if they face each other, but he didnt look too sharp against Lazcano, he was just running into some of them shots.

Hatton I think is definitely showing signs of decline but I'd still favour him over Malignaggi,particularly given how lacklustre he's been in his last couple of fights but if he can get himself sorted out he's got the hand and foot speed to make things difficult for Hatton.I haven't had a look to see if there's any news on it but what's the deal with Malignaggi's right hand ? He said immediately after the fight he was sure he'd broken it again,if so this is getting to the point where you have to question his ability to continue to box.

quote:

Golden Boy, Hatton's promoter, is thought to believe he will need at least three victories to give a rematch with Mayweather, the WBC welterweight champion, credibility. Should Hatton beat Malignaggi, the IBF light-welterweight champion, in the United States, they are looking at a shortlist of three opponents, who would move up in weight to challenge Hatton.

The list is headed by Manny Pacquiao, the popular three-weight world champion from the Philippines, and features two former world lightweight champions, Juan Diaz, of the US, and Michael Katsidis, from Australia.

This doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.Leaving Malignaggi aside,he saying the way for Hatton to gain credibility for a move up in weight and get another fight against Mayweather at 147 is to beat a couple of 135 pounders moving up.Although that said the names mentioned should all make for explosives fights and are potentially dangerous opponents.Manny Pacquiao would give credibility because of who he is but he hasn't even fought above130 yet,his first fight at 135 is next month against David Diaz.I don't know how far Pac Man can keep going weight wise and still carry his power,he started out at either Flyweight or Jr Flyweight but I wouldn't rule anything out with him.He's simply incredible and looked like a monster again in his last fight (even though I,like a lot of people thought Marquez beat him) and if he carried most of his power up to 140 he'd destroy Hatton.
Diaz and Katsidas would be good fights too,both similar to Hatton in that they are come forward pressure fighters,Baby Bull's the more skilled and a non stop puncher that just looks to break his opponents down but Nate Campbell  beat him by taking him on at his own game.Katsidas' is the bigger puncher of the two and if Hatton hangs his chin out against him the way he has been doing it could be all over but Katsidas himself isn't hard to hit.

Post #: 108
RE: Boxing - 5/6/2008 9:12:27 AM   
Beno

I once tried this story in "movie news" but got no interest so cos its Boxing related i will try it in here .
Mark Whalberg is set to play "Irish" Micky Ward in a movie . Now for me - if done right - it would be a modern day "Raging Bull" cos the storyline and that amazing fight trilogy would make a wonderfull flick that would deserve awards .
Any opinions anyone ..........??

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 109
RE: Boxing - 5/6/2008 10:38:38 AM   
Jasiri

It makes me think more of a Rocky than a Raging Bull but yeah could be interesting,those fights with Arturo Gatti were incredible.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 110
RE: Boxing - 11/6/2008 3:05:58 PM   
chrismart83

Haye at #5 in new WBC heavyweight rankings

Cruserweight king David 'The Hayemaker' Haye has been installed at number five in the newly released World Boxing Council (WBC) heavyweight rankings. The lofty ranking comes as a result of Haye's dominance in winning WBC, WBA and WBO titles as a cruiserweight in addition to his first-round demolition of WBC no.11-ranked heavyweight Thomasz Bonin in April 2007. The WBC champion is currently 'Nigerian Nightmare' Samuel Peter and, given Haye's high rating, the London sensation could be only one win away from competing for and taking Peter's title.

Here are the WBC top 15 rankings in full:

Champion: Samuel Peter (NIG)

1 .- Vladimir Virchis (Ukraine) EBU
2 .- Juan Carlos Gomez (Cuba) INTL
3 .- John Ruiz (P. Rico)
4 .- Alexander Dimitrenko (Ukraine)
5 .- David Haye (GB)
6 .- Oleg Maskaev (Kazakhstan)
7 .- Chris Arreola (US) AMERICA
8 .- Hasim Rahman (US)
9 .- Andrew Golota (Poland)
10 .- Kali Meehan (New Zealand)
11 .- Donnell Holmes (US)
12 .- Travis Walker (US) NABF
13 .- JD Chapman (US)
14 .- Carl Davis Drummond (Costa Rica)
15 .- Oliver McCall (US)

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 111
RE: Boxing - 16/6/2008 10:15:21 AM   
Beno

Not quite sure David Haye will make it anywhere as a Heavyweight . Of course i hope he goes all the way , but his chin is a worry , and Heavyweights hit harder than Cruisers . Dont think the WBC should have put him in the Heavy rankings till he had fought at the weight but then these governing bodies do things like this all the time .
I just keep trying to draw parralels with when Holyfield - who was also Undisputed Cruiser - moved up to Heavy . But i just cant . Holyfield was twice the fighter Haye is . But then the Heavies are in such a mess , maybe Haye can get lucky and not be too troubled in his quest to become Heavyweight supremo .
I do hope so .

Post #: 112
RE: Boxing - 20/6/2008 9:46:19 PM   
BobaJango

quote:

Haye at #5 in new WBC heavyweight rankings

Cruserweight king David 'The Hayemaker' Haye has been installed at number five in the newly released World Boxing Council (WBC) heavyweight rankings. The lofty ranking comes as a result of Haye's dominance in winning WBC, WBA and WBO titles as a cruiserweight in addition to his first-round demolition of WBC no.11-ranked heavyweight Thomasz Bonin in April 2007. The WBC champion is currently 'Nigerian Nightmare' Samuel Peter and, given Haye's high rating, the London sensation could be only one win away from competing for and taking Peter's title.

Here are the WBC top 15 rankings in full:

Champion: Samuel Peter (NIG)

1 .- Vladimir Virchis (Ukraine) EBU
2 .- Juan Carlos Gomez (Cuba) INTL
3 .- John Ruiz (P. Rico)
4 .- Alexander Dimitrenko (Ukraine)
5 .- David Haye (GB)
6 .- Oleg Maskaev (Kazakhstan)
7 .- Chris Arreola (US) AMERICA
8 .- Hasim Rahman (US)
9 .- Andrew Golota (Poland)
10 .- Kali Meehan (New Zealand)
11 .- Donnell Holmes (US)
12 .- Travis Walker (US) NABF
13 .- JD Chapman (US)
14 .- Carl Davis Drummond (Costa Rica)
15 .- Oliver McCall (US)

Not bad.
Also...i had no idea that Oliver McCall was still around.

Post #: 113
RE: Boxing - 22/6/2008 1:32:13 AM   
chrismart83

The Khan - Gomez fight was a great tear-up. Gomez showed some real heart as he was caught with some great shots...and hat Kahn in trouble a few times.
Khan again showed great hand-speed and power, but again quetion marks over his defense /chin.
I still feel he needs more figths before getting into the ring with the big names of the division. Great fight though.

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 114
RE: Boxing - 23/6/2008 10:18:41 AM   
Jasiri

Gomez made it interesting at least by really pressuring,but Khan took him apart.For the knockdown I though he switched off and Gomez caught him on the ear or temple knocking him over,poor defense rather than his chin being suspect.Either way though do that against a real banger and it could be all over.The later bodyshot seemed to hurt him more but he sucked it up and kept going.

Khan's hand/foot speed is incredible and technically I think he's there,but he's not the finished article mentally.Needs to stay focused more and the other big thing which he did seem to improve slightly on in this fight ,when he has his opponnent hurt stay calm and pick his shots rather than throwing wild flurries.
He's at the point now where they have to seriously step up the level of opposition,they've been smart bringing him along at a decent pace but there's no more to be learned from fighting people like Gomez,time to let him go and see if he sinks or swims.

quote:

Dont think the WBC should have put him in the Heavy rankings till he had fought at the weight but then these governing bodies do things like this all the time .
I just keep trying to draw parralels with when Holyfield - who was also Undisputed Cruiser - moved up to Heavy . But i just cant . Holyfield was twice the fighter Haye is . But then the Heavies are in such a mess , maybe Haye can get lucky and not be too troubled in his quest to become Heavyweight supremo .
I do hope so .

He's maybe done it more often buy he's fought at heavyweight at least once,the fight before he beat Jean Marc Mormeck for the cruiser belts was at heavy,I remember there was talk about him having to come down in weight from around 220lbs.Your right though there's no way he should be getting ranked off that,for me the only way to get in the top 10 should be to beat a top 10 fighter.
He's not in Holyfield's class in terms of skill but that top 10 above makes sad reading,I don't think it would take a great deal of skill to clean up at present,someone with a bit of speed and a good jab could walk through that division.
With his build he can put the weight on more... ahem! naturally than perhaps Holyfield did and if he goes in fast and aggresive I think he could be effective.

< Message edited by Jasiri -- 23/6/2008 10:21:24 AM >

Post #: 115
RE: Boxing - 23/6/2008 5:18:50 PM   
Beno

Amir Khan in exciting fight shocker ??

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 116
RE: Boxing - 23/6/2008 9:37:42 PM   
BigBadWolf

So why is no one talking about the big fight happening in Australia Tuesday night? (Australian time, not our's by the way).

I've only just heard it's happening so it somehow passed me by.  But it's a huge, massive blockbuster of a fight..enough of the sarcasm, they may have been top fighters in their prime, but their prime left town a long time ago.

If you hadn't heard, the fight in question is...

Jeff Fenech v Azumah Nelson.  For the third time actually, they first met in 1991 and had a rematch in 92.

For the youngsters on the forum, Fenech is 45 and Nelson is 49.  But it's all for charidee apparently.

< Message edited by BigBadWolf -- 23/6/2008 9:38:47 PM >

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 117
RE: Boxing - 24/6/2008 8:42:05 PM   
Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

So why is no one talking about the big fight happening in Australia Tuesday night? (Australian time, not our's by the way).

I've only just heard it's happening so it somehow passed me by.  But it's a huge, massive blockbuster of a fight..enough of the sarcasm, they may have been top fighters in their prime, but their prime left town a long time ago.

If you hadn't heard, the fight in question is...

Jeff Fenech v Azumah Nelson.  For the third time actually, they first met in 1991 and had a rematch in 92.

For the youngsters on the forum, Fenech is 45 and Nelson is 49.  But it's all for charidee apparently.

Two LEGENDS for sure . Fenech is the same age as me so i recall all the major tear ups they were involved in . Nelson was like a rock and was always in great condition . He beat Brit Pat Cowdell in 1 round and Brit Jim Mcdonnell on a last round stoppage i recall .
Dont think Fenech ever fought a Brit as you could not get him to leave Aus . Land .
Tell us the outcome BigBad .

edit ..... Just checked and it seems Fenech won a majority .

< Message edited by Beno -- 24/6/2008 8:43:45 PM >

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 118
RE: Boxing - 24/6/2008 9:55:00 PM   
BigBadWolf

quote:

Two LEGENDS for sure . Fenech is the same age as me so i recall all the major tear ups they were involved in . Nelson was like a rock and was always in great condition . He beat Brit Pat Cowdell in 1 round and Brit Jim Mcdonnell on a last round stoppage i recall .

Yeah, those two fit into the legend category.  I remember the fight against Pat Cowdell, I was about 7 at the time I guess. 

Hey, it's on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgXJgSJu_rQ

That's some uppercut!

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 119
RE: Boxing - 25/6/2008 1:27:37 PM   
Jasiri

I was kind of sad to see they were fighting again,at least nobody seems to have been hurt.I was never a huge fan of Fenech,a really tough guy who was good to watch certainly but The Professor on the other hand was one of my favourites what a career he had.His first title shot was a loss to the great Salvador Sanchez just before his tragic death,1982 if memory serves.Then he won the featherweight title by knocking out another legend Wilfredo Gomez and remained undefeated till the early 90's losing in a bid for the lightweight title to one of the greatest defensive fighters who ever laced on the gloves Pernell 'Sweet Pea' Whittaker.Then in the 90's had another bunch of really memorable fights the 2 with Fenech,2 with Gabe Ruelas and either 3 or 4 against Jesse James Leija.

quote:

Amir Khan in exciting fight shocker ??

I wouldn't go that far. There was never any doubt who was going to win Gomez just made him work for it a little.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Boxing Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI