Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Boxing - Emanuel Steward passes away

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Boxing - Emanuel Steward passes away Page: <<   < prev  18 19 20 [21] 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Boxing - Emanuel Steward passes away - 5/12/2012 8:32:47 PM   
Sledge Hammer

jut to let you know that I interviewed Chris Eubank Jr last night for our podcast.

Here is the link if you want to have a listen. Feedback welcomed!

http://v2journal.com/the-v2-boxing-podcast-6th-december.html

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 601
RE: Boxing - Emanuel Steward passes away - 5/12/2012 8:48:12 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

You thought he won every round? Honestly?

Him claiming he schooled Degale in sparing is also laughable, sparing doesn't mean much but I can't see that being the case.
Degale is ar least good year ahead of Jr in where they are right now IMHO and he should forget him for now.
Saunders/Barker would be a tough ask as well at Middleweight as they would punish his poor balance when he throws those daft wild shots also as has been highlighted elsewhere he's susceptible to the right hand.
The kid has balls King Kong would be proud of, but he needs to not get ahead of himself, he's got lots to learn but him and Billy-Joe could be a real domestic rivalry as they move forward.

Saunders/Blackwell should be interesting on the 15th.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 5/12/2012 9:09:02 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 602
RE: Boxing - Emanuel Steward passes away - 5/12/2012 9:21:46 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

You thought he won every round? Honestly?

Him claiming he schooled Degale in sparing is also laughable, sparing doesn't mean much but I can't see that being the case.
Degale is ar least good year ahead of Jr in where they are right now IMHO and he should forget him for now.
Saunders/Barker would be a tough ask as well at Middleweight as they would punish his poor balance when he throws those daft wild shots also as has been highlighted elsewhere he's susceptible to the right hand.
The kid has balls King Kong would be proud of, but he needs to not get ahead of himself, he's got lots to learn but him and Billy-Joe could be a real domestic rivalry as they move forward.

Saunders/Blackwell should be interesting on the 15th.

If I am being honest Bob, I fell asleep around round 3 after too many sherberts during the afternoon! He definitely won but maybe not every round - hey I was trying to be nice to our guest!

I also thought he reminded in tone of his voice of his father - it was uncanny at points. Thanks for listening by the way!

Check it out!

Post #: 603
RE: Boxing - Emanuel Steward passes away - 5/12/2012 9:39:16 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

If I am being honest Bob, I fell asleep around round 3 after too many sherberts during the afternoon! He definitely won but maybe not every round - hey I was trying to be nice to our guest!

I also thought he reminded in tone of his voice of his father - it was uncanny at points. Thanks for listening by the way!

I was only pulling your leg but he never won every round. I thought the interview was pretty good, so kudos.
We were saying on Saturday how on occasions he sounds like his olde man, and then his voice will alter.

Got to say I don't like the fighting again in 7 days bollocks, I don't care what he says it isn't going to be a top opponent, its a gimmick.
I loved his dad fighting, so I hope his continues to show he has the talent but there are some good prospects in and around his weight category so good times for us fans.

PS I've posted the link on a dedicated boxing site, hope that's ok?

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 5/12/2012 9:42:14 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Post #: 604
RE: Boxing - Emanuel Steward passes away - 5/12/2012 9:44:22 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

quote:

I was only pulling your leg but he never won every round. I thought the interview was pretty good, so kudos.
We were saying on Saturday how on occasions he sounds like his olde man, and then his voice will alter.

Got to say I don't like the fighting again in 7 days bollocks, I don't care what he says it isn't going to be a top opponent, its a gimmick.
I loved his dad fighting, so I hope his continues to show he has the talent but there are some good prospects in and around his weight category so good times for us fans.

PS I've posted the link on a dedicated boxing site, hope that's ok?

Absolutely! Can I ask which one?

We are planning on doing a podcast every two weeks - got a few people lined up over the coming months and even if they fall through, I am sure Jane Couch will come on!

Check it out!

Post #: 605
RE: Boxing - Emanuel Steward passes away - 5/12/2012 9:55:39 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Absolutely! Can I ask which one?

East Side Boxing.

quote:

We are planning on doing a podcast every two weeks - got a few people lined up over the coming months and even if they fall through, I am sure Jane Couch will come on!

Don't even joke about that, and that would be one podcast I won't be listening to.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 5/12/2012 10:00:51 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 606
RE: Boxing - Emanuel Steward passes away - 5/12/2012 10:05:59 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Did you ever see her interview with James DeGale? Possibly the funniest/ worst thing I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-awwVp03T4

The horror!

Check it out!

Post #: 607
RE: Boxing - Emanuel Steward passes away - 6/12/2012 11:05:26 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Did you ever see her interview with James DeGale? Possibly the funniest/ worst thing I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-awwVp03T4

The horror!

Is that the one where she basically comes on to him and offers him a blowie and he shits himself?

EDIT: Yup that's the one, no wonder he lost to the ugly ginger kid soon after how can your mind be straight after that?

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 6/12/2012 11:10:23 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 608
RE: Boxing - 9/12/2012 10:44:18 AM   
BigBadWolf

Not seen the fight yet, but quite pleased to see Marquez get a deserved win against Pac, like a lot of people I think Marquez had been on the wrong end of a points loss in at least two of the previous fights against Pac. A good fight from the reports. Surely that's Pac done now at world championship level? if he does continue I can't see him having his previous impact, the guys had a lot hard fights over the years.

Post #: 609
RE: Boxing - 10/12/2012 1:05:27 AM   
LEEJGM

It was a brutal fight and a bad KO for Manny. I suspect he'll walk away now and carry on with his politics despite the fact that he said he wanted a 5th match with Marquez. I hope that was the concussion talking.
The biggest loss here is that Mayweather v Pacquiao won't happen now (if it wasn't already a forgone conclusion). Marquez deserves a shot at Floyd now and I suppose that's the next best thing.

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 610
RE: Scott Quigg interview - 18/12/2012 7:29:21 AM   
Sledge Hammer

We are recording the second v2 boxing podcast tonight and have Scott Quigg on the show.

So if you have any questions for him, then please let me know.

Check it out!

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 611
RE: Scott Quigg interview - 18/12/2012 8:42:29 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

We are recording the second v2 boxing podcast tonight and have Scott Quigg on the show.

Good interviewee.

I'd like to know if he puts any real weight behind keeping the Lonsdale belt outright, or is a world title his real current goal, and to that regard if he got the offer to fight both Jackels next (Frampton or Rigondeaux) which one would it be?

I'd also ask about the current Hatton TV deal and if, given the choice, would he prefer to be boxing on terrestrial TV, like Gallahad and getting wider exposure, SKY getting the big hype but less viewing figures, or Boxnation and fighting purely for fight fans.

Which of the Champions would he prefer to face and when could it happen?

Will he fight Frampton in the next 12 months?

Who does he think would pose him the most problems out of Frampton, Galahad or Dickens?

Quigg looks very big at the weight. Is making 122lbs a real struggle & does he see himself moving up to feather in the near future?

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 18/12/2012 3:46:52 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 612
RE: Scott Quigg interview - 18/12/2012 10:32:18 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

quote:

Good interviewee.

I'd like to know if he puts any real weight behind keeping the Lonsdale belt outright, or is a world title his real current goal, and to that regard if he got the offer to fight both Jackels next (Frampton or Rigondeaux) which one would it be?

I'd also ask about the current Hatton TV deal and if, given the choice, would he prefer to be boxing on terrestrial TV, like Gallahad and getting wider exposure, SKY getting the big hype but less viewing figures, or Boxnation and fighting purely for fight fans.

Which of the Champions would he prefer to face and when could it happen?

Will he fight Frampton in the next 12 months?

Who does he think would pose him the most problems out of Frampton, Galahad or Dickens?

Quigg looks very big at the weight. Is making 122lbs a real struggle & does he see himself moving up to feather in the near future?

Asked a few of those questions - thanks for posting them.

Should be up tomorrow morning and I will post the link then (if you could post it to Eastside again, that would be brilliant!)

He came over as a top bloke - really liked him as a person.

Check it out!

Post #: 613
RE: Scott Quigg interview - 18/12/2012 10:50:30 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

If I get chance I'll post the link on ESB and Check Hook.

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 614
RE: Scott Quigg interview - 18/12/2012 11:14:47 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

If I get chance I'll post the link on ESB and Check Hook.

Good man.

By the way, if you want to be part of the podcast team, let me know. We have a few names lined up for the new year Kevin Mitchell and Ricky Burns already) so would be good to get a third hand on.

Check it out!

Post #: 615
RE: Scott Quigg interview - 19/12/2012 7:41:14 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Interview up - http://v2journal.com/the-v2-boxing-podcast-18th-december.html

Welcome back to the v2 boxing podcast. This week Paul and Adam have a look back at the last fortnights action as well as being joined by the WBA Interim Super Bantam Weight Champion, Scott Quigg.

The team looks back over recent fights including Khan, Pacquiao, Groves and what the future could hold for these fighters.

This week our special guest is WBA Super Bantamweight Interim Champion Scott Quigg.

The questions we posed listeners this week were:

Who would you have in your British top ten pound for pound, and what three fights do you really want to see in 2013?

We would also like your opinions on the damage done by boxing gloves versus MMA gloves. If you have an opinion on any of these matters, then please get in touch via boxing@v2journal.com

Feel free to drop us a line as to what you thought as well!

This Podcast needs a bigger audience so please make sure to tell others about it, as well as putting up links on facebook and twitter.

A big thank you to Scott for taking the time to talk with us and good look in future fights.

The question we posed listeners this week was do you believe Tyson Fury a bigger star than David Price because of his television deal? If you have any thoughts on this or anything else in the world of boxing contact us at boxing@v2journal.com.

Check it out!

Post #: 616
RE: Hall of fame - 24/12/2012 3:04:33 PM   
Sledge Hammer

I just wrote this for another site and thought that you might be interested:

The Boxing Hall of Fame Inductee

Over the years, there has been numerous discussions as to the inclusion of certain people into the International Boxing Hall of Fame (IBHOF), some of which have been met with horror by the boxing fraternity.

One such inductee was the 2011 entrant, Sylvester Stallone.

Now, before you start foaming at the mouth or before steam comes out of your ears, let think about that induction and its merits. What exactly has Sylvester Stallone done to warrant inclusion?

Well there is one obvious answer to that question but is it enough? Rocky Balboa.

On the logic of Sylvester Stallone should be inducted into the hall of fame due to playing the iconic boxer Rocky alone, then surely Robert DeNiro, Denzel Washington and if we need to go even more extreme, Ryan O'Neill should all be in there too.

So why is Sly different?

For this, I think you need to be of a certain age to understand the cultural impact and more importantly, the impact on boxing that Mr Balboa has had.

When I was growing up, the Rocky movies were at their peak. By the time Rocky III came out, I was 9 years old. That combined with the chart topping Eye of the Tiger, all the kids could talk about was boxing. We all wanted to be Rocky in the playground, whilst we all believed that the friend in front of us was Clubber Lang.

Rocky was the Harry Potter of my playground.

And for a generation of children boxing was all about Rocky Balboa and not the Haglers, Leonards, Hearns of the time. Children knew who Rocky was but most children of that generation would yet have discovered the real greats of that time.

When you break it down even further, the children/ young adults of that era, would not have had access to the great fights other than late night ITV. You couldnt download any fight out there but everyone had at least one friend who owned a copy of a Rocky film.

Rocky inspired a generation to go and watch boxing. I am sure if you asked fighters of a certain generation, many of them will cite those films as part of the reason they first went to a gym. To me, that is the reason why Sylvester deserves his place in the IBHOF - he has been responsible for a generation getting in to the sport.

When you look at some of the other people in the "Non Participants" section of the HoF, can it really be said that some of those are more worthy than Sly? Even people like Frank Warren could be argued has done more to halt boxing matches go ahead (well good quality match ups anyway). Has any child grown up wanting to become Michael Buffer?

That is why Sylvester deserves, in my opinion, his place in the IBHOF.

But that's not the point of this article (although hopefully it will generate some debate). What I want to offer up is another controversial
offering, connected to Rocky, as to who I think should go in soon.

My nomination for the IBHOFis.......

Bill Conti.

Now some of you might be thinking, "who the hell is Bill Conti?"

Quite simply put, he is the guy responsible for scoring the majority of the Rocky movies. And lets face it, if those of you of a similar age to me ever played Rocky in the school playground, I am sure you would have been running around humming the theme of "gonna fly now".

The Rocky movies would not have been the same if it hadnt been for the rousing scores and training montages and Bill was responsible for those adrenalin pumping scenes. Even now typing this, I have put the Rocky soundtrack on to youtube for a listen - I defy anyone to not enjoy that music and instantly not think of either boxing or Rocky.

And surely that is what the IBHOF is all about. Bringing recognition and elevating the sport. And when you look at people like Sly and Bill Conti, can it really be said that the two of them have not done that beyond the abilities of any other non boxer?

Thank you Bill for creating a masterpiece.

http://www.606v2.com/t38801-the-boxing-hall-of-fame-inductee

Check it out!

Post #: 617
RE: Hall of fame - 9/1/2013 8:08:03 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Sledge, I'm getting asked about the next pod cast. Any ideas when you're doing the next one?

Ta

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 618
RE: Hall of fame - 10/1/2013 10:07:01 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Funny you should ask!

Welcome back to the v2 Boxing podcast.

This week, Paul and I are joined on the show by former WBO champion Alex Arthur.

During the course of the show, Alex talked about a variety of topics including a look back at his career, the gruelling weight losses he used to put himself through at the height of his career and a look at what is currently going on in the world of boxing.

It can be seen from Alex's energy that he clearly loves the sport and this has been my favourite of the interviews we have done so far. And that enthusiasm and passion for the sport has been one of the main reasons why he is on this years honours list.

So it leaves me to thank Alex Arthur, MBE, for joining us this week and to wish him good luck in his new career as a promoter.

If anyone has any questions they would like to ask us or any of our future guests, then please email us at boxing@v2journal.com

http://v2journal.com/3/post/2013/01/january-10th-2013.html

(I think we have David Price on for the next show)

Check it out!

Post #: 619
RE: Hall of fame - 10/1/2013 10:08:48 PM   
Sledge Hammer

You also might notice how I have redesigned the site - hopefully it looks a lot better and people can leave messages now.

For the record - Alex was a top guy and really funny.

Check it out!

Post #: 620
RE: Hall of fame - 10/1/2013 10:13:06 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Final thing - who asked? Does that mean we have actual real life fans!?!

Check it out!

Post #: 621
RE: Hall of fame - 10/1/2013 10:35:11 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Thanks Sledge.
Who was asking? Folk on Hook on ESB.

quote:

(I think we have David Price on for the next show)

Oh good I'll save it in case I can't sleep, I'm sure Captain Charisma will sort me out in no time

You wanting some questions for Pricey?

Firstly I'd ask if the Perez rumors have any substance.

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 622
RE: Hall of fame - 22/1/2013 10:15:22 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Bob - new podcast up with Frank Maloney:

Following on from the last podcast with Alex Arthur (click here) I am pleased to say that joining Paul, Chris and myself tonight is Frank Maloney.

During the interview, Frank told us about nearly quitting promoting altogether, the future for David Price and his views on the boxing scene currently. He also talks about everyones favourite topic - the Klitschko "slave" contracts.

As always, feedback is welcomed and make sure to check out the next podcast in a fortnight.

If you have a question you would like asked or discussed, you can get the team at boxing@v2journal.com

Listen here - http://v2journal.com/3/post/2013/01/boxing-podcast-22nd-jan-with-frank-maloney.html

Check it out!

Post #: 623
RE: Hall of fame - 23/1/2013 9:27:11 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Following on from the last podcast with Alex Arthur (click here) I am pleased to say that joining Paul, Chris and myself tonight is Frank Maloney.

During the interview, Frank told us about nearly quitting promoting altogether, the future for David Price and his views on the boxing scene currently. He also talks about everyones favourite topic - the Klitschko "slave" contracts.

As always, feedback is welcomed and make sure to check out the next podcast in a fortnight.

If you have a question you would like asked or discussed, you can get the team at boxing@v2journal.com

Listen here - http://v2journal.com/3/post/2013/01/boxing-podcast-22nd-jan-with-frank-maloney.html

Another good one, forgot you were talking to little Frank otherwise I'd offered some questions as I'm not a fan, then again you might not have wanted to ask him

David Price doesn't have a future unless he signs elsewhere, getting bored of him fighting over the hill Brits and little Franks Euro Bums.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 23/1/2013 9:29:29 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 624
RE: Hall of fame - 25/1/2013 6:52:39 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

quote:

Another good one, forgot you were talking to little Frank otherwise I'd offered some questions as I'm not a fan, then again you might not have wanted to ask him

David Price doesn't have a future unless he signs elsewhere, getting bored of him fighting over the hill Brits and little Franks Euro Bums.

I am sure that after Price wins this fight in Feb he will be up against Chisora.

Hopefully got Martin Murray on the next show. But as with all of these things, it might be someone else!

Check it out!

Post #: 625
RE: Hall of fame - 5/2/2013 7:43:39 PM   
Sledge Hammer

recording the podcast over the next two evenings - Martin Murray tomorrow and Cleverly on Thursday.

If you have any questions you would like asked, do so by emailing boxing@v2journal.com

Cheers!

Check it out!

Post #: 626
RE: Hall of fame - 6/2/2013 9:49:22 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

recording the podcast over the next two evenings - Martin Murray tomorrow and Cleverly on Thursday.

If you have any questions you would like asked, do so by emailing boxing@v2journal.com

Cheers!

You could ask Clev why on earth they make such a big deal about a 2:2 in Maths.

Seriously, ask him when he intends to fight live opponents on a regular basis, you know someone in a recognized top 20, and each time he mentions the name Hopkins openly laugh in his face.

I've put it out in the usual places, and even asked Mr Bellew if he has a question to contribute. See what comes back.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 6/2/2013 9:53:38 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 627
RE: Hall of fame - 6/2/2013 9:45:31 PM   
Sledge Hammer

We did the Murray interview tonight -
quote:

Tonight we are joined by Martin "The Power" Murray ahead of his world title fight with the boxer who many consider the number 2 P4P fighter in the world, Sergio Martinez.

During the interview, Martin talks openly about his ambitions going forward, his experiences so far and also his chances of fighting in America in the future. Martin comes over as a top bloke who obviously loves what he does and someone who is obviously incredibly dedicated to being in the form of his life come April in Buenos Aires.

I hope you enjoy the interview and a big thank you to Martin for taking the time to speak to us this evening.

As well as the interview, Paul and I talk about the Kell Brook situation, as well as what we think is the bext format for boxing going forward in the UK - is it more on C5, Boxnation or Sky (+Sky PPV).

As always, we would love to hear what you think and you can tell us below or drop us an email at boxing@v2journal.com

But for the time being , enjoy the show!

Click here to listen - http://v2journal.com/16/post/2013/02/boxing-podast-6th-feb-with-martin-murray.html

Check it out!

Post #: 628
RE: BOXING! - 9/2/2013 7:11:45 AM   
Sledge Hammer

Bob, if you get a chance could you comment on the eastside article I put up with the link on? So far its gone down like a Findus lasagne at the Jockey Clubs annual luncheon.

Check it out!

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 629
RE: BOXING! - 14/2/2013 9:42:34 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Thats Cleverly done and dusted - should be up tomorrow.

Check it out!

Post #: 630
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 20 [21] 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Boxing - Emanuel Steward passes away Page: <<   < prev  18 19 20 [21] 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI